Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen and Hibs would disagree, they'd also say they have the resources to be at least 4th.

Folk on this thread were ripping me to bits for saying 4th is achievable, but now that Robbies plays expectation down a bit to say top 6 many are going mental. 

Makes no sense. 

We should win as many football games as we can. 

Anything below 6th is sacked

4th or above - good

5th, 6th- possible sacking, we need to be going forwards. 

Folk will disagree, I think that is reasonable. 

This season -  not winners of the league was a 100% sacking. 

3rd and 4th is the aim. If we finish 5th by a couple of points I don’t think anyone would complain, provided we had a good cup run. Anything below is not acceptable and Neilson has a pretty poor record in cups bar the semi final.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You do know Not every team he's played  has been part time? 

Most in fact have been full time. 

Indeed.

However I'd be expecting anyone we sign to play in the pub league to be smashing it. It's not the case.

Gnando has been ponderous and has looked less of a goal threat than Uche. He looked out his depth against Brora. 

GMS (who played soccerball, don't ya know) got roasted for pace by Wille Gibson of QOTS, 36 year old, works full time at another job. I think he actually fell out of Gibson's shorts in the dressing room. 

Popescu. I think the kindest thing you could say is that he makes Halkett look like a baller.

Neilson's signings. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen and Hibs would disagree, they'd also say they have the resources to be at least 4th.

Folk on this thread were ripping me to bits for saying 4th is achievable, but now that Robbies plays expectation down a bit to say top 6 many are going mental. 

Makes no sense. 

4th or above - good

Bang on the cash with this mate. Personally think there is a good argument that the progress so far hasn't been good enough for Neilson to stay on for next season, but if he is to stay, this is the criteria he should be judged on.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fact that Neilson is getting to talk about targets is the fundamental flaw. He should have been emptied weeks ago. Anything he says now is just bullshit.

Nookie Bear
51 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I thought this was actually a pretty reasonable explanation as to why the younger guys haven't got as much of a chance this season. Still want Robbie gone in the summer though.

I think it is apparent now that the reason Robbie did not play any youth was because none of them were deemed good enough (perhaps the odd exception).

The real issue is WHY there were no kids to bring through which is why it makes me seethe to hear Levein on the radio like he is a respected figure in the game, rather than the joke he really is.

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The fact that Neilson is getting to talk about targets is the fundamental flaw. He should have been emptied weeks ago. Anything he says now is just bullshit.

I know, and it is so very Budge Hearts to hear us in the media telling everyone about our great plans for the coming season.

KyleLafferty

I’d say there is going to be a battle for top 6 next year. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, st.Johnstone, United and probably st.mirren. Any one of those teams can beat each other.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I know, and it is so very Budge Hearts to hear us in the media telling everyone about our great plans for the coming season.

In fairness, he is getting asked the question. If he answered that he didn't have a plan he would be getting just as much stick.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I’d say there is going to be a battle for top 6 next year. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, st.Johnstone, United and probably st.mirren. Any one of those teams can beat each other.

Maybe but

Hibs are selling a few assets to balance the books. 

Aberdeen have been in a recent decline and have a new mgt team. 

Utd reported another £3m loss. 

One of livi, St Mirren, Motherwell etc will no doubt go on a wee run. 

With the right recruitment we can be right in the mix for a top 3/4 finish but as you say it might be tight. 

Lots of clubs will fancy it as in all honesty everyone can beat each other. 

The Mighty Thor
21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That coupled with the pathetic explanation as to the lack of youth and the consistent drivel about 3/4/5 year plans makes me think the board and the football department are winging it.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Glass just done the same about style of football and Hibs last week said they'd be selling assets. 

Most clubs will say something in the press. 

About a month ago folk were moaning that the silence from the club was deafening!

Can't win. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Glass just done the same about style of football and Hibs last week said they'd be selling assets. 

Most clubs will say something in the press. 

About a month ago folk were moaning that the silence from the club was deafening!

Can't win. 

Neilson <> the club

Hope this helps.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Neilson <> the club

Hope this helps.

Helps with what? 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes no sense. 

4th or above - good

5th is clearly the correct answer then. 😜

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Helps with what? 

Well, I tried. Obviously you are beyond help.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe but

Hibs are selling a few assets to balance the books. 

Aberdeen have been in a recent decline and have a new mgt team. 

Utd reported another £3m loss. 

One of livi, St Mirren, Motherwell etc will no doubt go on a wee run. 

With the right recruitment we can be right in the mix for a top 3/4 finish but as you say it might be tight. 

Lots of clubs will fancy it as in all honesty everyone can beat each other. 

I agree, time to strike whole the irons hot and change the coaching team in the close season and give the support someone who gives them hope to get behind. No matter how much waffle you give re Neilson the facts are he’s presided over an absolute shocker of a season, and the biggest percentage of fans don’t want him at our club. 

2 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

That’s it in a nutshell. He should be getting TOLD 4th minimum or your out on your ear! He’s just covering himself with setting expectation so low,and he’s getting let to by a clueless owner

He shouldn't be getting told anything about next season at all. 

Vlad the impaler
5 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

He shouldn't be getting told anything about next season at all. 

You’re right but looks like we’re stuck with him

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, I tried. Obviously you are beyond help.

Perhaps if you tried posting in plain English it would help. “<>”?. Is that the same as an = sign with a line through it? If so, why not just say “Neilson is not Hearts”. Failing that, I haven’t a clue what you’re on about and perhaps SRB hasn’t either. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Perhaps if you tried posting in plain English it would help. “<>”?. Is that the same as an = sign with a line through it? If so, why not just say “Neilson is not Hearts”. Failing that, I haven’t a clue what you’re on about and perhaps SRB hasn’t either. 

Well done. <> is a common representation of not equal to. There's hope yet.

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson still thinks it is about 2 games.🤢

So do some supporters apparently.

It's beyond belief now, almost laughable.

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sit doon. 

Utter horse shite. 

Typically excellent analysis there. Well done.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fans don't finance at all. 

Just last season Over £2m  was donated to us in last years accounts to make sure we never made a loss. 

They don't finance at all?

So some random donated money. No fans paid a penny either then, only benefactors  I put in a lot of money from last year to this, maybe you didn't bother.

The fans do finance and always have, we are not talking about sponsors etc. No one has paid £11M into the FoH over the years either then.

We pay money for season tickets subs into the Foh add into it PPV Hearts TV , buy merchandise and a lot of other money goes to Hearts from fans.

Ok then the fans do not finance at all

“We're at Hearts, we lost two games on the bounce and there was a lot of negativity."

Robbie just doesn't get it does he?  Does he honestly think the discontent is solely around Brora and QOTS???  Or is he trying to convince everyone else?

At a time when we are one very angry group of supporters at the SFA, SPFL and other clubs for our treatment and/or our own club for the football we've been served the last 4/5 years, we needed to roar our way through this season with our teeth bared, snarling and biting and showing we're back.  We've done quite the opposite.  THAT is the issue.

And now talk of top 6 being a target.  Excuse me, but NO.  No no no no NO!

"Now we've put this shit league to bed, we're back next season, so the SPFL Prem are on notice, we're coming for you all"  That should be the message.

The issue is that'd be a pretty meek message considering how we've played, barring 2 cup games, since the opening day.

Jesus.  I was actually a bit calmer this last week or so about the whole thing.

I want ambition.  I want fight.  I don't h ate Robbie and don't like all the nastiness against him and Ann, but the only way we're getting fight and ambition is to change our entire 1st team coaching setup.  That is very very clear.

For anyone who reads my posts on here, I'm generally pretty chill I think (I hope!).  I've had enough of this shit though.  I want Hearts being positive in everything we do.  If you're happy with what you're seeing from us as a football club, you are either a lifelong contrarian or have Stockholm syndrome.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

because we have a massive wage bill probably 10 times higher than any of closest competitors . We spent £200k on bringing Neilson back.  Yes you are right we did need money. All it does is highlight the bad decisons which put us in that position.

ps - we sold c12,000 season tickets.  More than Hibs! And nearly 4,000 more than Aberdeen. A club who just sacked their manager after falling out of the top 3.

No way did a club facing £8 million losses spend that kind of cash to get Neilson back. 

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:
“We're at Hearts, we lost two games on the bounce and there was a lot of negativity."

Robbie just doesn't get it does he?  Does he honestly think the discontent is solely around Brora and QOTS???  Or is he trying to convince everyone else?

At a time when we are one very angry group of supporters at the SFA, SPFL and other clubs for our treatment and/or our own club for the football we've been served the last 4/5 years, we needed to roar our way through this season with our teeth bared, snarling and biting and showing we're back.  We've done quite the opposite.  THAT is the issue.

And now talk of top 6 being a target.  Excuse me, but NO.  No no no no NO!

"Now we've put this shit league to bed, we're back next season, so the SPFL Prem are on notice, we're coming for you all"  That should be the message.

The issue is that'd be a pretty meek message considering how we've played, barring 2 cup games, since the opening day.

Jesus.  I was actually a bit calmer this last week or so about the whole thing.

I want ambition.  I want fight.  I don't h ate Robbie and don't like all the nastiness against him and Ann, but the only way we're getting fight and ambition is to change our entire 1st team coaching setup.  That is very very clear.

For anyone who reads my posts on here, I'm generally pretty chill I think (I hope!).  I've had enough of this shit though.  I want Hearts being positive in everything we do.  If you're happy with what you're seeing from us as a football club, you are either a lifelong contrarian or have Stockholm syndrome.

I read that nonsense and signed in here, Robbie knows no shame.

He appeared out the blue with no knowledge of the garbage we have been watching since he left for MK dons.

It is not this season or even last season.

Nobert Snailson needs to shut it.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-to-consider-snubbing-championship-20422834

Edited by JDHMFC

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson still thinks it is about 2 games.🤢

His ignorance is beyond belief.

Surely someone has told him it’s those two games that were absolute final straw for most ?!?!

Mars plastic
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No way did a club facing £8 million losses spend that kind of cash to get Neilson back. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we had as he's key to the sewing bee.

Nookie Bear

It is about just two games, but i don't know which two games he means.

Is it the Brora and QoS results?

Or is it being outfought and out-thought at Dundee and Dunfermline?

Or losing 2-3 at home to Raith and needing a penalty to scrape a draw at QoS?

Or perhaps losing at Alloa in the cup and drawing at home to Morton?

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

His ignorance is beyond belief.

Surely someone has told him it’s those two games that were absolute final straw for most ?!?!

Everybody at the club,  Budge/Neilson/the "board"/FOH knows EXACTLY how the fans feel & why.

And they all know it isn't about "two games". 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

They don't finance at all?

So some random donated money. No fans paid a penny either then, only benefactors  I put in a lot of money from last year to this, maybe you didn't bother.

The fans do finance and always have, we are not talking about sponsors etc. No one has paid £11M into the FoH over the years either then.

We pay money for season tickets subs into the Foh add into it PPV Hearts TV , buy merchandise and a lot of other money goes to Hearts from fans.

Ok then the fans do not finance at all

It all. 

The don't finance it all. 

Auto correct. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Everybody at the club,  Budge/Neilson/the "board"/FOH knows EXACTLY how the fans feel & why.

And they all know it isn't about "two games". 

Then he needs to stop saying it as adding fuel to the fire.

I particularly love the club shills talking about us pushing for top 4 next season. Same people who gave you, we might be close to the bottom now but we will make the top 6, there's not a chance we will go down and then the final classic it was all Stendel's fault not Levein's. I sincerely hope they don't gamble.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Then he needs to stop saying it as adding fuel to the fire.

I'd prefer it if he never spoke publicly about anything , I'm fed up with his Cathro-esque mumbling. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It all. 

The don't finance it all. 

Auto correct. 

Come on, you are playing with things . You used Covid as why no finance and £2M filler, it is a lot more than that when including the big sums we paid up for this seasons tickets,  without knowing at the time if we would be taking our seats in the stands. We ended up paying to help stabilize the club through the period you mention, Covid.  Also Hearts TV.

Imagine the mess if we didn't back the club with our finances to balance the clubs future.

So who does finance it all then, is our man James Anderson not a Hearts fan  or the silent benefactors?

Saying the fans don't finance Hearts is some statement, the same fans who have shed tonnes of their money on the clubs security.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'd prefer it if he never spoke publicly about anything , I'm fed up with his Cathro-esque mumbling. 

Agreed.

He’s full of silly contradictions that make him look pretty stupid.

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I particularly love the club shills talking about us pushing for top 4 next season. Same people who gave you, we might be close to the bottom now but we will make the top 6, there's not a chance we will go down and then the final classic it was all Stendel's fault not Levein's. I sincerely hope they don't gamble.

Last night it was "near the top 4", whatever the **** that is. 

25 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The people saying we should be aiming for higher up into the top 4 are the same ones who will tell you that we will be coming straight back down.

Unbelievable stuff.

Edited by JDHMFC

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, JDHMFC said:

The people saying we should be aiming for higher up into the top 4 are the same ones who will tell you that we will be coming straight back down.

Unbelievable stuff.

what is unbelievable is that people don’t understand the point being made.

As a club we should be aiming for top 3. That ambition shouldn’t never change regardless of who the manager is.  It is also being pointed out that we don’t believe we will achieve it because we have a manager who is out of his depth.  They are 2 separate things

the fact that he thinks top 6 would ever be an acceptable ambition is just another reason to dislike him, another reason why he isn’t an appropriate manager for hearts. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

what is unbelievable is that people don’t understand the point being made.

As a club we should be aiming for top 3. That ambition shouldn’t never change regardless of who the manager is.  It is also being pointed out that we don’t believe we will achieve it because we have a manager who is out of his depth.  They are 2 separate things

the fact that he thinks top 6 would ever be an acceptable ambition is just another reason to dislike him, another reason why he isn’t an appropriate manager for hearts. 

Get it out there.

Hearts aims ambitions  is to win the Premier league. Come on Hearts say it. We are aiming to win the Premier league, that is our soul intent.

Will we achieve it, who knows. Every side should have the same statement of intent.

I am not saying Hearts will win the Premier league, say it anyways. All this negative top 6 top 4 stuff.

Hearts have no intent to win anything with the guff the employees owners etc are spouting.

I will support the football club anyway.

Berra than you
12 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Unbelievable stuff.

How is that unbelievable in any way? Hearts as a club should have the ambition and budget to be aiming for the top 4. We have been mismanaged to such a degree that people think we might get relegated again (personally don't think we will given the poor quality at the bottom of the SPFL). What the club's aims should be and what the fans think will happen currently, before any changes to the squad/management team are two entirely different things.

Just now, Berra than you said:

How is that unbelievable in any way? Hearts as a club should have the ambition and budget to be aiming for the top 4. We have been mismanaged to such a degree that people think we might get relegated again (personally don't think we will given the poor quality at the bottom of the SPFL). What the club's aims should be and what the fans think will happen currently, before any changes to the squad/management team are two entirely different things.

Did you read what i typed ?

I am talking about what people say not me.

The same people spouting on top table finish are the same spouting we will be coming straight back down.

That is why it is unbelievable.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Get it out there.

Hearts aims ambitions  is to win the Premier league. Come on Hearts say it. We are aiming to win the Premier league, that is our soul intent.

Will we achieve it, who knows. Every side should have the same statement of intent.

I am not saying Hearts will win the Premier league, say it anyways. All this negative top 6 top 4 stuff.

Hearts have no intent to win anything with the guff the employees owners etc are spouting.

Words are words. If Robbie ( or whatever he gets called now ) said his ambition was to win the league next season no-one would believe him, most would snigger and some people’s heads would explode.

The reality is we don’t yet have knowledge of all the players we ( and others ) will have next season and it will be tougher for us than Aberdeen or Hibs as we have just been promoted from the championship where attracting players isn’t that easy. However with our budget we should rightly expect to be competitive with them and above the others ( excluding the old firm 😎). 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Get it out there.

I’ve no idea what most of this means, seems like a bit on an angry rant but I’ll guess you get the point

Neilson is a poor coach, a poor tactician and hugely uninspiring and now to top it off he has no ambition.  It allows him to claim 6th as a success in the same way he claims promotion from this diddy league is a success.. and that all other failings shoulda should be ignored 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

The same people spouting on top table finish are the same spouting we will be coming straight back down.

Oh well maybe not.   

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Did you read what I typed? People (not saying you) are entitled to believe we should be aiming for top 4, whilst at the same time believing we will be miles off that target.