Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

15 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Losing the dressing room is an embarrassment for Neilson but it's also very telling about the prima donna attitude of the players. I've had a few bosses that I couldn't stand and had no respect for but I still had the personal pride to try and keep doing a good job. The dafties in the team should realise that they're careers could be up the spout too. Or are they so up themselves that they think they will just walk in to another club? They'll be in for a rude awakening when they realise it's only Hearts that seem to sign lazy tossers like them. 

I just want this shambles to end but I fear that it'll take a couple of seasons to purge the stench of Budge, Levein and now Neilson from the club. 

We'll get there. 

You have to ask yourself.

Why have the players 'allegedly" downed tools?....Why has the relationship between manager and players become so toxic?

Possibly the mistimed announcement that "You are leaving" before the job was finished? In other words poor, mistimed communication from Neilson.  
So far the only evidence we have of that is when Berra broke ranks after the Brora game. Just before he announced his 2-year deal at Raith!

The players "on paper" are good, technically skilled and more than adequate to hold their own in this league, and dare I say the premiership. But how many actually look like they are enjoying their football just now?
The issue for me is not so much the players. The issue for me is the style of football they are being asked to play. If it's mind numbing for us, just imagine what it's like for the players!  

Neilson Out

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Captain Canada

Stranraer beat Brora. We couldn't. 

That probably says it all about where we are right now as a club. 

The preferred 4-2-3-1 formation hasn't worked well for the majority of the league season. Dundee away should have been the last game this was played. Wighton was so isolated as a striker and had long balls punted towards him by Berra before he was taken off. He had nobody within about 20 yards of him for a lot of that time.

You can tell the players aren't enjoying it, there's a huge weight on their shoulders. 

We've heard a few times this season  that we were going to work on final balls and finishing but we now have 4 games left and the problem is as evident as ever. 

It's clear he's lost the dressing room and there are only probably a handful of players who are professional enough to keep giving their all regardless. 

Kastaneer epitomises this season's problems. He was brought in from a higher level and given a chance to play games, regain his fitness and show the Coventry manager what he can do. 

For whatever reasons, he's looked disinterested, unsure of what he's meant to be doing and isn't featuring now. Is anyone taking responsibility for that?

I assume Savage had knowledge of him from his Preston days. How well has Neilson managed him? Does Budge care that yet another signing (albeit on loan) has been a complete and utter failure? 

Our past three results and performances have been disgraceful and it's clear that mediocrity is tolerated in all parts of the club. 

section s heart
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure football works like that mate.

Losing the dressing room isn't always as blatant as it sounds. If you don't trust what you're being told to do, even if you really like a guy, it simply doesn't get 100% effort. It isn't laziness, it's just nature. Of course don't know if that's the case with us and you do get dressing rooms where players are like you describe.

To me, though, I don't see a bunch of mercinaries downing tools,  I see a group of players with no freedom to express,  no inspiration and no enjoyment. That comes from your manager and his staff.

Self motivation is obv important as is personal pride but malaise spreads quicker than confidence and once in as a group, its very very hard to get out. We need someone properly inspirational to come in and lift the whole club.

Agree with this. Ultimately RN's negative tactics are restricting the players, and even if they don't much like the boss, or trust what he's telling them to do, it's natural to try to comply.

So guys like Roberts spent most of his time here sitting fairly wide and deep and was already closed down by a wide midfielder (with a full back ready to support the midfielder) before he got the ball, so little wonder he ended up playing square balls or back to Kingsley. 

Berra's recent comments left little doubt that the dressing room is gone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
51 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This time last year we were uniting to fight the shenanigans against us. We lost but at least Budge listened and tried to fight it.

This season, it is like she couldn't care less. How she can sit back and watch this utter pish and accept it is beyond me.

She fought it in a feeble way. Hey here everyone, here’s 50k! Oh shit, you’ve al voted against us anyway. Never mind.

9 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Agree with this. Ultimately RN's negative tactics are restricting the players, and even if they don't much like the boss, or trust what he's telling them to do, it's natural to try to comply.

So guys like Roberts spent most of his time here sitting fairly wide and deep and was already closed down by a wide midfielder (with a full back ready to support the midfielder) before he got the ball, so little wonder he ended up playing square balls or back to Kingsley. 

Yup. Unlike most, and I might yet be wrong, I just didn't think Roberts was as bad as made out. He looked lost would be my assessment (and was at the time). Touch was good, he's an athlete and in his first couple games, looked like wanted to be positive on the ball. He then started to constantly look boxed in. There were a few times he managed to get some space and still took easy option.

We have a culture of safety first, fear of failure/loss, rather than a positive, make things happen outlook on how we play.

Another one like GMS, McEneff, Irving, Boyce, Walker, Naismith (basically all our more attacking players) I think another manager would get waaaaay more out of.

Robbie says Dunfermline sit in and make it tough for you to break them down, wasn't tough for Raith was it?

He's full of it, he needs to go now. Don't let him try and put another team together for next season, it'll be same old excuses when we get beaten week after week.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She fought it in a feeble way. Hey here everyone, here’s 50k! Oh shit, you’ve al voted against us anyway. Never mind.

Can't agree with this. Ann fought her arse off last year. She was clearly furious and did all she could but was up against a disgusting cabal. Don't forget that.

The point here is we had a unique opportunity to forge a long lasting seige mentality and make it us vs the world for a generation. We could've ridden that sense of injustice to push us on. That whole United feeling has been rubbed out and is my greatest regret about this season. I was enjoying my anger and looking forward to us all letting it out. Its turned against our own club though!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Can't agree with this. Ann fought her arse off last year. She was clearly furious and did all she could but was up against a disgusting cabal. Don't forget that.

The point here is we had a unique opportunity to forge a long lasting seige mentality and make it us vs the world for a generation. We could've ridden that sense of injustice to push us on. That whole United feeling has been rubbed out and is my greatest regret about this season. I was enjoying my anger and looking forward to us all letting it out. Its turned against our own club though!!!

Exactly this

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This time last year we were uniting to fight the shenanigans against us. We lost but at least Budge listened and tried to fight it.

This season, it is like she couldn't care less. How she can sit back and watch this utter pish and accept it is beyond me.

She only listened as it was her failure to sack levein earlier that got us in that position. 

If budge told that fans what it would cost for her and neilsen etc to go then I'm sure the fans would raise said amount 

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup. Unlike most, and I might yet be wrong, I just didn't think Roberts was as bad as made out. He looked lost would be my assessment (and was at the time). Touch was good, he's an athlete and in his first couple games, looked like wanted to be positive on the ball. He then started to constantly look boxed in. There were a few times he managed to get some space and still took easy option.

We have a culture of safety first, fear of failure/loss, rather than a positive, make things happen outlook on how we play.

Another one like GMS, McEneff, Irving, Boyce, Walker, Naismith (basically all our more attacking players) I think another manager would get waaaaay more out of.

Yep.

One of the Hearts podcasts noted a stat about times our wingers took players on at Hearts.

Roberts was about 1.5%, Frear miles less but when GMS came in his 'in Scotland' stats were at around 75%.  Wonder what GMS Heart's ones are?

This is a completely different Robbie Neilson to the one that started the first Champioship season.

Front foot to back foot.  

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

If budge told that fans what it would cost for her and neilsen etc to go then I'm sure the fans would raise said amount 

She was due £3m (with about £1.5m of that assumed Covid impacts) at last set of accounts and let's say £1m for all 3 of Neilson, McCulloch and Forrest.

18Jambo_dave74
17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed. Although it didn’t take them long to ruin that siege mentality by loaning Zlamal to St Mirren. Would have been such an easy decision to say no but that showed such a lack of understanding.

I also agree with you that another manager would get much more out of these players but I’m not letting them away with it - they have continued to play like complete frauds. Yesterday for example, the amount of times our players didn’t track runs or chase back was sickening. Henderson and Irving just standing still whilst their players strolled away from them. GMS literally walking around the park like a drunk.

Budge and Neilson need to go. But these players are a disgrace as well.

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

David Black
13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I know, I was terrible today because RN played the wrong system to accommodate my talents.  It's all my fault.

While you may have a point about "as soon as", it doesn't alter the principle of weakening the club's finances just because we're not doing well.

You seem to be conveniently refusing to understand this is not about "not doing well". This has been going on for years whilst AB and others have sat back and wasted millions. This all goes far beyond RN , but highlights the entire culture throughout the club. This club have taken the supporters for mugs for years and the only means we have is cancelling DD's and not buying ST's. The alternative is do nothing and contribute the the downward spiral. Football clubs owners, politicians etc love people who do nothing.

first, and almost certainly last, time ever poster.....

And only doing so because of 1st proper hangover since lockdown, just felt like going for it last night, had to be done, sure most of my fellow jambos know the feeling......2nd bottle of cabernet sauvignon was probably a mistake, but hey ho....

Anyway, only posting a wee message to Queen Ann to say..........I actually don't care anymore.

And that's dangerous.  Because  my dad was a lifelong jambo, passed the disease to me and I've passed it to my son also.  40 year season ticket holder, share holder (proper old school shares, not the romanov 'sh*t!), FOH donator blah blah blah......

And.......... I have never felt more apathetic in my whole life towards the JTs.  And most of my mates feel the same, as does my son and all his ST holding mates also.

So, Ann -  when the fans stop giving a sh*t, that's really really serious..... 

Way beyond anger, apathy means you have lost the support totally.  It's the way I (don't) feel right now, and it's the way just about every other jambo I know feels right now.

If not for CG, and the fact the rest of the league is utter dog sh*t and only good at cutting each other's throat, we would not be coming up.

We will be promoted, but will be a very brief stay in top division under the imposters that are our current management team/playing squad, unless AB shows some never before seen leadership and gets rid of RN et al NOW, delaying it any longer is gross negligence in my book......

Right, feel better having got that off my chest, is it 12.01 yet when I can, with a semi clear conscience, start drinking again to defeat this incoming hangover before it really starts.

Cheers!!

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

If your source is correct then every minute of every day he is still at the club is causing damage.

Killing the club every day. 

David Black
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There is absolutely no way back now for either Ann Budge or Robbie Neilson now,the breakdown between the club and fans,the FOH and fans,the club and the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs is just too great to repair.

It is us the fans who have been cheated in every way,Ann Budge is just being stubborn now,why?Because she can,she can do whatever she wants,and she has done.

The club is infested,infested with a poor attitude and a failure culture that she created,yes Levein is culpable be she handed a free reign to him without culpability. 

I do wonder what the toxic atmosphere would be like ifcfans were in the stadium,I was there against Dunfermline in Cathros last game,for me it will good riddance the day she leaves,a disaster of an owner.

Sadly I now agree with you re Ann. It didn't have to end like this, but she has let her ego get the better of her. Actually she is a far bigger problem then RN. They are though both finished. What's required now is for another party to come forward and take over the shares. Oh I forgot, silly me.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, tartjams said:

And only doing so because of 1st proper hangover since lockdown, just felt like going for it last night, had to be done, sure most of my fellow jambos know the feeling......2nd bottle of cabernet sauvignon was probably a mistake, but hey ho....

Anyway, only posting a wee message to Queen Ann to say..........I actually don't care anymore.

And that's dangerous.  Because  my dad was a lifelong jambo, passed the disease to me and I've passed it to my son also.  40 year season ticket holder, share holder (proper old school shares, not the romanov 'sh*t!), FOH donator blah blah blah......

And.......... I have never felt more apathetic in my whole life towards the JTs.  And most of my mates feel the same, as does my son and all his ST holding mates also.

Way beyond anger, apathy means you have lost the support totally.  It's the way I (don't) feel right now, and it's the way just about every other jambo I know feels right now.

If not for CG, and the fact the rest of the league is utter dog sh*t and only good at cutting each other's throat, we would not be coming up.

We will be promoted, but will be a very brief stay in top division under the imposters that are our current management team/playing squad, unless AB shows some never before seen leadership and gets rid of RN et al NOW, delaying it any longer is gross negligence in my book......

Right, feel better having got that off my chest, is it 12.01 yet when I can, with a semi clear conscience, start drinking again to defeat this incoming hangover before it really starts.

Cheers!!

Well said. Now get back on it mate. Short term  but it'll help you forget. 

grumpyespana

I was going to switch off the TV at half time yesterday as it was worse than dire guys.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Oh be sure that the fans will get blamed by Budge, even though we’ve not been at any of the games. She seems to think we should be a silent cashline.

Oh be sure you'll blame Budge whatever happens.  Budge wasn't playing yesterday!

David Black
58 minutes ago, section s heart said:

What did Berra say? I must have missed that.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh be sure you'll blame Budge whatever happens.  Budge wasn't playing yesterday!

As you are probably aware, the number of folk blaming Budge will continue to increase the longer this mess is allowed to continue. 

10 minutes ago, tartjams said:

Cheers!!

Can completely relate to this. Well not the hangover bit but the rest. I didn't even care that we were playing yesterday and only checked after the game to make sure we hadn't lost. And other jambos I know are just as disillusioned right now.

Johnny Sandiego
14 minutes ago, tartjams said:

Cheers!!

Great 1st post and sums it up for me. I've been a seson ticket holder for 33 years straight but won't renew until Neilson is sacked. Small protest but thats it for me.

section s heart
7 minutes ago, David Black said:

What did Berra say? I must have missed that.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/christophe-berra-reveals-why-hearts-loss-to-brora-rangers-was-coming-3177576

Just thought this was a bit damning coming from a senior guy in the dressing room, who then signed a pre contract with Raith.

Central Belt 1874
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Eye bleeding tactics are fine when you are getting results but, when you stop winning, then you have nothing to fall back on. It happened to Csaba and it’s happening here. 

I get the prime objective was promotion but it should also to have prepared us for next season and beyond by starting to reduce the average age of the team and embedding a way of playing that the players are comfortable with. 

Instead, our approach is shambolic, we are still incapable of dealing with a team that sits in (and most SPL teams will do that against us, especially at Tynie), we are slow in possession, believing possession is everything, and our team is too old with our brightest youngster seemingly moving on. 

Budge is at the last chance saloon.  

But Neilson needs to go today because his limitations have been badly exposed this season and we deserve better. Even his success the first time round was spoon fed by him getting exceptional young players and decent buys (thanks Craig). 

100%

David Black
27 minutes ago, section s heart said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/christophe-berra-reveals-why-hearts-loss-to-brora-rangers-was-coming-3177576

Just thought this was a bit damning coming from a senior guy in the dressing room, who then signed a pre contract with Raith.

Thanks for posting that.

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Not sure about her wanting out.

However she has played a blinder. Her loans have kept FoH / fan ownership at arms length, always just out of reach...

As long as she keeps on giving loans FOH / fan ownership is just a pipe dream......

She is, at this time the owner of the club....she shouldn't be giving loans, As owner any loss should be her own personal liability she should be paying for her mistakes out of her own pocket! But what we see instead is a "no risk" gamble on her part, She knows that any money she puts into Hearts will be returned to her....Proof....Just ask why FoH didn't complete the takeover?

What a cute and cunning plan!....Someone else to pay for my 5-year disaster fund.

When can we see, or expect FoH to take over? Answers on a postcard.

Fan ownership is not realistic just now, FoH does not have the funding......Ann Budge has played us like a fiddle...

Neilson Out     

She is not the owner. The shareholders are. She has the largest holding. If it's up to the owners to payup - then all those who have bought shares in the past would also be liable...

Listening to Souness on Super Sunday saying that if 95% of fans want a manager gone then the board, nine times out of ten, need to react. He then went on to say that having no fans in the stadium maybe takes the pressure off making decisions.

If fans were allowed in Tynecastle it would be pretty poisonous and I think Robbie would already have been booted. There's obviously a serious lack of fan power with nobody inside stadiums ☹

They cannot possibly allow this man a second longer than the last whistle of the season and expect circa 13,000 ST sales. We’ll be very lucky to hit 10,000 if he is staying. That is a one million pound hole in the finances before you even open your wallet and let him waste more money.

He needs to go. She needs to go. Several players need to go. Senior directors and staff with no apparent or necessary role need to go. The soft culture needs to go.

Auldbenches
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Previous posts made by myself have been my opinion only, I think he’s finished and will be away very soon......However I spoke with someone last night who could be considered my only ever ‘ITK’ contact (Christ that sounds wanky). He’s still fairly close to the situation. Let’s just say my opinion that he’s finished has only been strengthened. Serious discontent at the club, Savage FAR from happy. Dressing room is gone completely. 

He’s toast. It’s when, not if.

I knew it...

What's the crack with McInnes..? 

15 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

If fans were allowed in Tynecastle it would be pretty poisonous and I think Robbie would already have been booted. There's obviously a serious lack of fan power with nobody inside stadiums ☹

There is a serious lack of respect towards the fans from Ann.

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They cannot possibly allow this man a second longer than the last whistle of the season and expect circa 13,000 ST sales. We’ll be very lucky to hit 10,000 if he is staying. That is a one million pound hole in the finances before you even open your wallet and let him waste more money.

He needs to go. She needs to go. Several players need to go. Senior directors and staff with no apparent or necessary role need to go. The soft culture needs to go.

Budge has overseen an absolute car crash that this (the above) is where we are.

David Black

Without stating the obvious Ann Budge is a far bigger problem than Robbie Neilson. That has become quite clear throughout all this. RN cannot be blamed for the past 4 years, the millions wasted and the unaccountability.  RN is only responsible for this season, but any sensible owner would see that he is just not good enough, has lost the dressing room and lost the supporters. It all comes back to Ann Budge. She was happy to receive all the plaudits in the first few years, deservedly so, but has let the power of ownership go to her head and is not now prepared to accept the criticism. FOH have to step up to the mark and get the shares transferred and then we can go about restructuring the club.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, tartjams said:

Cheers!!

Good post.

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A low sale of season tickets is about the only thing that might spark action from Budge. 

She doesn't seem to care about the massive feeling from the support about wanting Neilson out. 

When it comes to income streams starting to dry up that might well be a different matter. 

Money, that is what all that woman is about. 

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, feej said:

Robbie says Dunfermline sit in and make it tough for you to break them down, wasn't tough for Raith was it?

He's full of it, he needs to go now. Don't let him try and put another team together for next season, it'll be same old excuses when we get beaten week after week.

I dont know what Dunfermline were playing at. How dare they defend as a team and at same time try and win the game. If they planned to defend they could have at least given us goal start. 

10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't think so. Budge is so into him , if he goes she HAS to go. I genuinely think she will bet the house on him succeeding and  even if he fails she will not have to pick up the tab : she will simply loan the business more money for the losses she has generated & FOH (us) will supinely pick up the costs.

It's obvious most fans/donors have no idea of the stranglehold she has over the club.

FOH/we don't  own anything. 

well if he fails she more or less gets more time at the club to act like the control freak that she is....More money she lends more she stays more or less

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

Without stating the obvious Ann Budge is a far bigger problem than Robbie Neilson. That has become quite clear throughout all this. RN cannot be blamed for the past 4 years, the millions wasted and the unaccountability.  RN is only responsible for this season, but any sensible owner would see that he is just not good enough, has lost the dressing room and lost the supporters. It all comes back to Ann Budge. She was happy to receive all the plaudits in the first few years, deservedly so, but has let the power of ownership go to her head and is not now prepared to accept the criticism. FOH have to step up to the mark and get the shares transferred and then we can go about restructuring the club.

Spot on. 

We need to get to sort out the root cause of our issues. 

Neilson has made the stick for his own back with the performances but can’t be blamed for the previous issues. 

On 31/03/2021 at 16:43, iainmac said:

We're in deeper **** than I though if our Board are going to ignore the revenue streams dropping.

Season Ticket sales will be key to this.

@iainmacdon't know if you listen to scarves around the funnel podcast , in this weeks episode Mark Donaldson reckoned it would cost circa £500K to sack Robbie and co.

He and Laurie equated this with the income from 1200 season tickets. If he stays we may lose this number of renewals (possibly more hard to estimate) seems a no brainer to any CEO worth their salt.

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Budge has overseen an absolute car crash that this (the above) is where we are.

There is a woman in that office on over £40k a year and her ONLY job is dealing with player contracts. NOT negotiating or anything just dotting I’s and crossing t’s and some associated admin work and the odd phone call to an agent or club. It’s ludicrous the number of ‘senior’ people with singular simple tasks being paid fortunes in that office 

Edited by JimmyCant

25 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

@iainmacdon't know if you listen to scarves around the funnel podcast , in this weeks episode Mark Donaldson reckoned it would cost circa £500K to sack Robbie and co.

He and Laurie equated this with the income from 1200 season tickets. If he stays we may lose this number of renewals (possibly more hard to estimate) seems a no brainer to any CEO worth their salt.

If there were any brains in the FOH, and also if they had the balls to challenge Budge, they'd start a campaign encouraging those who've cancelled/paused/are thinking of doing either to pay a one off donation (of their choice) into a sperate pot. The balance in this pot could have a blue peter style running total updated on the website, twitter, facebook etc. with that £500k being the target. What ever is in that pot of cash only becomes available to the FOH once Neilson is no longer employed by HMFC.

44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

We'll, AB couldn't wait to pay the compo to get her comfort blanket back, she should just put this down to experience & do the right thing. 

1 hour ago, David Black said:

How should we do that and what would the cost be?

David Black
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How should we do that and what would the cost be?

It doesn't cost anything to vote off directors and vote on new ones. The only cost is that of RN, LMc and GF package. Can we afford not to that is the question.

45 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

We'll, AB couldn't wait to pay the compo to get her comfort blanket back, she should just put this down to experience & do the right thing. 

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

It doesn't cost anything to vote off directors and vote on new ones. The only cost is that of RN, LMc and GF package. Can we afford not to that is the question.

I presume you're going to replace them by only considering unemployed managers/coaches who don't need relocation expenses?

And if the new ones want their own players, will they only be allowed out of contract players who don't ask for a signing on fee or/and (again) don't need relocation expenses?

Will you be keeping Savage and McKinlay?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you're going to replace them by only considering unemployed managers/coaches who don't need relocation expenses?

And if the new ones want their own players, will they only be allowed out of contract players who don't ask for a signing on fee or/and (again) don't need relocation expenses?

The current regime has created the scenario you paint: every shortfall, every painful choice

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

so you think neilson will keep the same squad (with only free players added) going into next season?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

The current regime has created the scenario you paint: every shortfall, every painful choice

Is the crucial point.

Budge’s appointment of Neilson was so lame. FOH complicit in supporting it.