Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

The Apprentice

I hope his post match comments to the players were different to what he said in the press. To say we battered them is laughable really, apart from the keepers double save in the first he didn’t have another save to make. If he really believes that and is letting the players believe that then we have a big problem. 

No excuse at all for that performance yesterday. I don’t know how long it’s going to take for us to get a midfield together that can actually do anything other than play a sideways pass to a full back. No one willing to take risks or play with any sort of urgency. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I think it's time for AB to move on however, to the points you raise. 

A friendly society with no guts or balls. That's not how I experienced us in trying to overturn our demotion through reconstruction, the courts and SFA. We tried to do so with integrity and can hold our heads up high. Many things we are but AB has tried to challenge the status quo, that takes guts. 

She's an 'idiot' who's self made, owns a football club and has millions in the bank. Coming from nothing to own the club she loves. Can you share your credentials by way of comparison and tell me if you identify as an idiot too? 

As I said, her time has run its course but perspective is helpful. 

She lost every single challenge in 2020. A 100% failure rate as she was given the runaround by a bunch old blazers who threw distractions at her like I do with my kids. 

Our heads don’t exactly feel high right now. It’s embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, topsport said:

Should be set up to really ‘batter’ them. A good win is needed pronto or it’ll turn into a rerun of late last season where no team fears us, but they believe if they harry and fight us enough, they could have the beating of us 

Yep totally agree👍

59 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

To make things worse he comes on Hearts tv and says we played very well.Wtf?

Unbelievable. Worrying signs, shades of Levein burying head in the sand 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

I hope his post match comments to the players were different to what he said in the press. To say we battered them is laughable really, apart from the keepers double save in the first he didn’t have another save to make. If he really believes that and is letting the players believe that then we have a big problem. 

No excuse at all for that performance yesterday. I don’t know how long it’s going to take for us to get a midfield together that can actually do anything other than play a sideways pass to a full back. No one willing to take risks or play with any sort of urgency. 

His post match comments are very worrying. 

Second half and extra time their keeper could have went into that KFC and ate a bucket of chicken. 

Embarrassing performance and if Robbie can't see that then we're f*****. 

5 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I think it's time for AB to move on however, to the points you raise. 

A friendly society with no guts or balls. That's not how I experienced us in trying to overturn our demotion through reconstruction, the courts and SFA. We tried to do so with integrity and can hold our heads up high. Many things we are but AB has tried to challenge the status quo, that takes guts. 

She's an 'idiot' who's self made, owns a football club and has millions in the bank. Coming from nothing to own the club she loves. Can you share your credentials by way of comparison and tell me if you identify as an idiot too? 

As I said, her time has run its course but perspective is helpful. 

Integrity was maybe the wrong currency- ohh yes please have our goal keeper whilst we can’t even train would you like anything else ?. 

We had been shafted and Anne was handed a token job to keep her busy (reconstruction my arse). We then lost a court case based on fairness,  wow another success. 
Her integrity on multiple occasions has failed and we are now a laughing stock - wait till Celtic tear us apart in the cup final and clubs in the league work out how soft and gutless we are !!!

I want it differently, but the club is soft touch and has no balls.

F! Integrity it’s the wrong currency. 

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If someone you engage asks a question, you should answer. It's just polite. 

Funnily enough, I don't live on here and have no recollection of said question.  What was it and in what context?

15 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

His post match comments are very worrying. 

Second half and extra time their keeper could have went into that KFC and ate a bucket of chicken. 

Embarrassing performance and if Robbie can't see that then we're f*****. 

It’s the way all Hearts managers since administration have spoken after poor performances - Neilson, Cathro, Levein and even MacPhee in his mercifully brief interregnum. It’s either complete delusion bordering on insanity or a deliberate attempt to deny the truth for whatever reasons of internal politics. (Tom English once described Neilson as “a pathological liar in front of the media” during the latter’s first stint as manager.)

It would be so much better if managers just came out and said performances were shite and unacceptable when that’s clearly the case. Just so that nobody - especially the more impressionable in our support and the wasters who have the privilege of pulling on a Hearts strip and get paid to do so - gets the wrong end of the stick.

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I agree.

We're now limping towards yet another transfer window in dire need of another makeover to big parts of the team with a manager who is extremely ropey at signing players. 

The Naismith / Walker no 10 thing is just not working. We have 2 terrible wide players, 1 decent who's injured and some former youth players who don't look up to it.

We have a ruined striker with no confidence and no one to replace him. Our other striker doesn't seem to be a predatory no9 and is inconsistent and coming off a career shattering blow to his confidence that lasted a year at least.

What an absolute mess. Our manager is uninspiring, terrible with money, performances have been mostly terrible and now results are going badly downhill too.

Could not have put it better. 
barring Gordon smith Kingsley and haring we are totally toiling in all other positions. 

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson is the James Keatings of management.

😅

this is so true.

fantastic comparison

5 hours ago, Paolo said:

Maybe that is the problem.   We are full of arrogant self-entitled players, with a stinkingattitude, who as a result, are not up to the job.  Maybe Stendel saw that.  

When it comes to football, Germans do appear to be more hard working and professional.  

Very much this. Too many players who think they entitled to do very little for their wages. 

We are on our 3rd manager now who can't get a tune out of them. Something stinks and we need to find out what quickly. 

Anyone who was part of last year embarrassment need emptied as they are the problem. Any player with any ability catches the disease within a few weeks.

Naismith , Boyce, Halket, Walker I will spare Smith as he at least looks like he is trying

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think he asked Robert’s to put every cross into the terracing. I don’t think he asked Halliday to misplace 90% of his attempted passes. 

I never said he did.  Maybe you're having trouble with the basis of what I'm saying ie tactically.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

It’s the way all Hearts managers since administration have spoken after poor performances - Neilson, Cathro, Levein and even MacPhee in his mercifully brief interregnum. It’s either complete delusion bordering on insanity or a deliberate attempt to deny the truth for whatever reasons of internal politics. (Tom English once described Neilson as “a pathological liar in front of the media” during the latter’s first stint as manager.)

It would be so much better if managers just came out and said performances were shite and unacceptable when that’s clearly the case. Just so that nobody - especially the more impressionable in our support and the wasters who have the privilege of pulling on a Hearts strip and get paid to do so - gets the wrong end of the stick.

What was it Neilson said that got that response from Tom English. 

Robbie was to quick to get the young players out on loan,he should have let them all feature in the wee cup rounds ,while getting his first team used to each other on league duty only ,sent better out than what he's left to work with now ,last time we won the Championship the team was full of hungry young players fighting for a game ,what we have now is a squad full of over the hill guys just collecting a very good wage from Hearts for very little effort.

23 minutes ago, David Black said:

I’d hazard a guess that it was Neilson constant inability to admit that his team were shite, coupled with his great ability of making shite sound like it was gold.

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, topsport said:

Apologies for double posting but seems more relevant on this thread.

Why can’t we play with 2 up front ?

Stendel went gung ho with no plan to steady things if it didn’t work.
We now seem to have reverted to the other extreme- over cautious sideways/backwards play.

Against teams like our opponents in the championship we should really pressure them, try to take a player on, because on paper our players should have more basic capability than their opponents in the main.

stop switching around the wings and playing them deep, play players up front together. Speed it up! Give the bloody forwards passes forward!! Eventually then one of their shots might go in. Need to stop over complicating things The longer we don’t press these teams, the lower our confidence will be 🙄

By the way this post is more about frustration - I get it might be harder in practice to get the team to do this!

I wonder what they’re getting told to do though 

Said before on other threads we need players in the box. No point having pin point cross ( as if ) if there is nobody there to take advantage. Get the easy things sorted first, players should be busting a gut to get in there and score. When team sit in we should be forcing space and taking shots from all over, the fact that we had more than a dozen shots with no result shows those taking these shots are simply not good enough.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’d hazard a guess that it was Neilson constant inability to admit that his team were shite, coupled with his great ability of making shite sound like it was gold.

Much like his mentor Levein. Who would think that playing the same players and the same tactics against a team you’ve just played would work? He gave them confidence by not going for the jugular on Tuesday and demoralising them, they held out in the second half and knew they could do it again. In total it’s 165 minutes without scoring against a bottom of the league team of part time players with real jobs, on top of other bad results against them with United. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Said before on other threads we need players in the box. No point having pin point cross ( as if ) if there is nobody there to take advantage. Get the easy things sorted first, players should be busting a gut to get in there and score. When team sit in we should be forcing space and taking shots from all over, the fact that we had more than a dozen shots with no result shows those taking these shots are simply not good enough.

Absolutely but the standard of our crossing is poor. Teams used to allow Neilson himself space to cross because they knew he couldn’t provide any quality, teams now do it with Smith, who is a quality defender but offers little going forward. As for his choice of guys like Halliday, Frear and Roberts their crossing barely stays in the park. Add in Walker taking corners and free kicks when Lee is on the pitch and only contributes with his delivery it’s a recipe for disaster. We had guys like Berra/Popescu/Haring and Kingsley who have shown they can win headers but I’m not sure if they won any yesterday due to the poor crossing, and Walker being offside twice at corners. 

37 minutes ago, David Black said:

I don’t think it was an individual comment. Probably an accumulation of palpably false claims (such as yesterday’s “we battered them”) and possibly also a feeling that the media hadn’t been told the whole truth in response to questions about interference from above. It was a remark made on Sportsound, not in print. But it’s a very forceful remark for a journo to make.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

COVID has taken the money 

Yeah definitely not your hero Levein having wasted millions on simply awful players with no heart or desire on massive wages that we can’t get rid of.
Covid or not we might well have been in this league because of Levein and with only a slightly higher budget if the pandemic hadn’t struck. 
As for your other defence of the spawn of Levein he signed Halliday and Roberts and continues to play them whilst not giving youngsters a chance. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Covids fault :lol: 

As is bad as “oor Craig”

I clicked on that thread, created by someone who says we should stop talking about CL, hoping it was about Gordon 🙈

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, leginten said:

I don’t think it was an individual comment. Probably an accumulation of palpably false claims (such as yesterday’s “we battered them”) and possibly also a feeling that the media hadn’t been told the whole truth in response to questions about interference from above. It was a remark made on Sportsound, not in print. But it’s a very forceful remark for a journo to make.

Absolutely spot on too as has been proven and no continuing beef with English about saying it. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I clicked on that thread, created by someone who says we should stop talking about CL, hoping it was about Gordon 🙈

Yeah me too.  I was worried he was injured then proceeded to get unnecessarily wound up by the biggest joker on this forum. 

Ex member of the SaS

During the documentary they said they had many applications for the managers job, yet none were suggested or give further interviews before she went for Robbie. Why is that? I liked Robbie first time around but he is proving to be no better than Levein this time. I really felt he would be more attacking and storm the league like last time, but for some reason he has reverted to the trying not to lose attitude that Levein had.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely spot on too as has been proven and no continuing beef with English about saying it. 

Was the comments last night mate? 

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

During the documentary they said they had many applications for the managers job, yet none were suggested or give further interviews before she went for Robbie. Why is that? I liked Robbie first time around but he is proving to be no better than Levein this time. I really felt he would be more attacking and storm the league like last time, but for some reason he has reverted to the trying not to lose attitude that Levein had.

Just like all they high profile applications from around the world when she said goodbye to “oor Craig” and went and interviewed Neil McCann and Elvis :lol: she hasn’t got an actual clue. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Was the comments last night mate? 

What Neilson said about battering them and it not being a penalty, I haven’t seen it again but only Gordon complained and i think that was just his usual time wasting to put people off. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah me too.  I was worried he was injured then proceeded to get unnecessarily wound up by the biggest joker on this forum. 

I have him on ignore but I can still see threads he starts 🙈

20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Just like all they high profile applications from around the world when she said goodbye to “oor Craig” and went and interviewed Neil McCann and Elvis :lol: she hasn’t got an actual clue. 

Have you ever interviewed anyone for a meaningful job?  Applicants don't finish up with the job for a variety of reasons and the "best" person doesn't always get the job.

In football, some apply just to let bigger/better clubs know they are available and alive and kicking.  Others apply half heartedly but make demands which are unacceptable/unaffordable and I'd imagine this happens frequently with foreign based applicants re relocation etc expenses.  They then might want a playing budget beyond our means and more than likely their own backroom staff.

There are many other reasons not seen by the outside world and this is the case in many other walks of life as well.

BTW  I would not have hired NM or EP either but being realistic that is more the level we are at than say Klopp or Mourinho.

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What Neilson said about battering them and it not being a penalty, I haven’t seen it again but only Gordon complained and i think that was just his usual time wasting to put people off. 

No I meant Tom English?  It was a penalty fwiw. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Have you ever interviewed anyone for a meaningful job?  Applicants don't finish up with the job for a variety of reasons and the "best" person doesn't always get the job.

In football, some apply just to let bigger/better clubs know they are available and alive and kicking.  Others apply half heartedly but make demands which are unacceptable/unaffordable and I'd imagine this happens frequently with foreign based applicants re relocation etc expenses.  They then might want a playing budget beyond our means and more than likely their own backroom staff.

There are many other reasons not seen by the outside world and this is the case in many other walks of life as well.

BTW  I would not have hired NM or EP either but being realistic that is more the level we are at than say Klopp or Mourinho.

Whatever Al.  These brilliant applicants didn’t even get an interview laddie,  Leveins pals Daly Macphee McCann and Elvis did.  

Stop being an apologist all your life, you’re part of the problem. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

No I meant Tom English?  It was a penalty fwiw. 

He called him a pathological liar years ago, I don’t think English has said anything about last night. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have him on ignore but I can still see threads he starts 🙈

Him and Al for different reasons have me on a warning.  Chef Jambo too. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He called him a pathological liar years ago, I don’t think English has said anything about last night. 

👍

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Whatever Al.  These brilliant applicants didn’t even get an interview laddie,  Leveins pals Daly Macphee McCann and Elvis did.  

Stop being an apologist all your life, you’re part of the problem. 

Do you always have to be so insulting when someone posts something which doesn't entirely agree with your biased drivel?

Whether they got an interview or not is hardly relevant as they could easily rule themselves out by the content or tone of their application form.

Now instead of simply looking at a poster's name and then reacting like a spoilt child, can you just read what I posted and see if it makes sense.

If your supposition that the 4 mentioned got an interview simply because they were Levein's pals then that is wrong but as I said earlier that is more the level we have to look at rather than the likes of Mourinho or Klopp - and in our case it would be a wonder if the overall cost was not a factor.

Oh yes I love it here at Hearts, the facilities are fantastic and everyone is so helpful. The training is good and moral is superb. I think that says it all about what players say when they come to Hearts well I’d like them to buck up and I believe these players have a too easy.. They underperform, on every level, like a lack of a winning mentality, passing, scoring, defending, giving the ball away and playing on a match day that makes the fans eyes bleed. On top of this does Robbie want to be their best mate or their manager because from what I see there is a massive lack of the players responding to what it takes to play for Hearts. I really feel sorry for the fans who have backed Ann and the Board through the bad times and having to still suffer a team in the Championship that is turning into a laughing stock. I’m retired now but I really feel for our fans when they go into their work on Monday.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Jesus , what  a load of tripe.

As someone who has spent years doing recruitment/interviewing the first step is to be clear about what you want from the applicants so that attract the people you are really looking for - if CVs don't match the first pass they go in the bin.

In the footballing context you quite evidently excusing how AB acted previously when you don't have a clue who applied or what their terms/demands were. Fact is , she lost credibility with her "lightbulb moment" - it just doesn't wash. This has little - if anything - to do with your implied lack  of suitable candidates and everything to with with a shambles that resulted in AB quite clearly picking CL for the job. That's not a recruitment process. 

We can sack Neilson bring in someone else, rinse and repeat... nothing will change until 90% of this squad are emptied. They lose and don't care, drop one and a loser replaces them. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We can sack Neilson bring in someone else, rinse and repeat... nothing will change until 90% of this squad are emptied. They lose and don't care, drop one and a loser replaces them. 

Last manager could see that but only got 4month.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It is the people behind the scenes who allow this to continue that need emptied.

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you always have to be so insulting when someone posts something which doesn't entirely agree with your biased drivel?

Whether they got an interview or not is hardly relevant as they could easily rule themselves out by the content or tone of their application form.

Now instead of simply looking at a poster's name and then reacting like a spoilt child, can you just read what I posted and see if it makes sense.

If your supposition that the 4 mentioned got an interview simply because they were Levein's pals then that is wrong but as I said earlier that is more the level we have to look at rather than the likes of Mourinho or Klopp - and in our case it would be a wonder if the overall cost was not a factor.

You started off saying I insulted you then became your patronising self.  I didn’t read the rest as it’s more apologist crap. 

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I wonder if it was the players that got Stendel emptied thinking about it.  Back to nice wee Robbie instead of changing things all over the place. 

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It is the people behind the scenes who allow this to continue that need emptied.

The whole club needs a clear out mate. Top to bottom. The mentality of losing is ok is unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I suspect the current manager sees it too, but the losers in the squad are so well paid they're going nowhere fast.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

The whole club needs a clear out mate. Top to bottom. The mentality of losing is ok is unacceptable.

The summer was time for that. Unfortunately it’s always someone else or something else’s fault.

Alloa in a major trophy? Just blame the ref for a penalty that was clear. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

I suspect the current manager sees it too, but the losers in the squad are so well paid they're going nowhere fast.

Which players? As far as I see it he has had plenty of chance to bring in his own players. 

Trying to paint this as not Neilson's team is just giving him an excuse when in reality there is none.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )