Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I suspect the current manager sees it too, but the losers in the squad are so well paid they're going nowhere fast.

Does he?

He has played the same lame tactics  every game away from home.

Has he accepted any responsibility for yesterday or is he still blaming the ref?

A Hearts manager should never have to rely on one decision in a game v Alloa FC.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

I remember when Neilson walked the last time. A few names banded about as you'd expect and one was Billy Davies. Not my idea of what Hearts need but never-the-less, interviewed for the job, seemed interested and spoke with Levein (i assume) about changing a few things in training, a different approach and he was shot down and told no. It was Levein's way or not at all. Davies went away and something was said along the lines of good luck to them but it's not for me. I can't work with him or these restrictions. In comes Ian Cathro. The rest, as they say, is history. It makes you wonder who else posted an application. Also, didn't Ann say (in the documentary) there had been over 70 applications before Stendel got the job? That would've been an interesting list to view. At the time of Levein's departure, she said she wanted someone in who would encourage young players at the club and work to improve some of the players already at the club. Stendel had done exactly that with Barnsley and it was starting to work in some respects with us. Youngsters like Moore, Irving and Henderson were getting game-time, the likes of Clare and Bozanic were up for it as was Washington. Exactly what she asked for. Some whined and moaned like Mulraney and Whelan, and Berra couldn't get his face in the press quick enough. Now we have a situation where Neilson's been wheeled back in. Thing is i don't remember any big hoo-haa when he left Hearts. No banging the Tynecastle door demanding he stays. And last season Dundee Utd fans wanted a new manager in for their return to the Premier. No big hoo-haa from them when he left either. Sounds familiar.

Sad to say but it looks like after all those years a thorough reorganisation of player recruitment is needed. How many of the current squad would have got a place in Tommy Walkers, JJ’s or Alec McDonalds teams. Few if any I suspect. Yet we continue to bring in journeymen looking for a easy life.

In just over a week I have gone from confident of promotion and maybe pulling out a cup victory to thinking we may struggle to get out of this league and I'm concerned we will get turned over badly in the cup! Full disclosure I have not watched a whole lot of our minutes played so far, from what I saw yesterday we look horrid, unimaginative and slow, we could have played for 3 more hours and not troubled their keeper! Yes the players overall are poor but should be good enough to trouble part timers, lots of this falls on the manager, he didn't seem to change things at all tactically when it clearly wasn't working! The warning signs were there for me with the keeper loan which RN felt was ok, now his managing and recruitment are once again a big concern!

37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Jesus , what  a load of tripe.

As someone who has spent years doing recruitment/interviewing the first step is to be clear about what you want from the applicants so that attract the people you are really looking for - if CVs don't match the first pass they go in the bin.

Your years in recruitment don't mean supreme knowledge.  Levein spent years in management.

In the footballing context you quite evidently excusing how AB acted previously when you don't have a clue who applied or what their terms/demands were. Fact is , she lost credibility with her "lightbulb moment" - it just doesn't wash. This has little - if anything - to do with your implied lack  of suitable candidates and everything to with with a shambles that resulted in AB quite clearly picking CL for the job. That's not a recruitment process. 

I didn't mean to and didn't realise I was excusing anyone, evidently.  I was generalising re appointments. You are nearly correct when you say Ihaven't a clue who applied etc.  Did I say I did?  I would hazard a guess that neither you nor Inchie had a clue either.  Is that correct?

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Does he?

He has played the same lame tactics  every game away from home.

Has he accepted any responsibility for yesterday or is he still blaming the ref?

A Hearts manager should never have to rely on one decision in a game v Alloa FC.

You seriously think Neilsons tactics should've matter so much that a team of seasoned professionals committed to winning wouldn't beat a team of part timers.

We've had some dreadful managers in our time but fortunately players who wanted to win. Some personal and professional pride goes a long way and very few of this squad appear to have any. 

The club needs a clear out, if Neilson is part of that I'll not lose sleep but we have too many wasters picking up a salary who just don't care enough.

31 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I remember when Neilson walked the last time. A few names banded about as you'd expect and one was Billy Davies. Not my idea of what Hearts need but never-the-less, interviewed for the job, seemed interested and spoke with Levein (i assume) about changing a few things in training, a different approach and he was shot down and told no. It was Levein's way or not at all. Davies went away and something was said along the lines of good luck to them but it's not for me. I can't work with him or these restrictions. In comes Ian Cathro. The rest, as they say, is history. It makes you wonder who else posted an application. Also, didn't Ann say (in the documentary) there had been over 70 applications before Stendel got the job? That would've been an interesting list to view. At the time of Levein's departure, she said she wanted someone in who would encourage young players at the club and work to improve some of the players already at the club. Stendel had done exactly that with Barnsley and it was starting to work in some respects with us. Youngsters like Moore, Irving and Henderson were getting game-time, the likes of Clare and Bozanic were up for it as was Washington. Exactly what she asked for. Some whined and moaned like Mulraney and Whelan, and Berra couldn't get his face in the press quick enough. Now we have a situation where Neilson's been wheeled back in. Thing is i don't remember any big hoo-haa when he left Hearts. No banging the Tynecastle door demanding he stays. And last season Dundee Utd fans wanted a new manager in for their return to the Premier. No big hoo-haa from them when he left either. Sounds familiar.

The truth prevails.

40 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Which players? As far as I see it he has had plenty of chance to bring in his own players. 

Trying to paint this as not Neilson's team is just giving him an excuse when in reality there is none.

Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnely are Neilson signings you'd keep those 3? Frear and Roberts are hopeless his excuse is we're in the championship not as easy to sign players. His mistake is Halliday but then he like so many others should be good enough for this level. The main problem is the attitude to losing which is prevalent throughout the club.

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You seriously think Neilsons tactics should've matter so much that a team of seasoned professionals committed to winning wouldn't beat a team of part timers.

We've had some dreadful managers in our time but fortunately players who wanted to win. Some personal and professional pride goes a long way and very few of this squad appear to have any. 

The club needs a clear out, if Neilson is part of that I'll not lose sleep but we have too many wasters picking up a salary who just don't care enough.

The players look as though they are sticking to his tactics imo. Doing as they are told.

The players need to take responsibility for over hit passes, ball control etc, Neilson has to take responsibility for the way we go about the game.

Unfortunately we are going about away games the same way each week.

Neilson is clearly not getting the best from the players.

The players don't seem to be all that bothered about poor performances and need a huge are kicking.

Manager has to sort that out or move on, but he thinks the fault for yesterday's result/display lies at the door of the referee ffs.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Robbies overseen two of our worst results in our history with a week. 

Well done mate. 

Last night is definitely up there. But if you’re saying getting beat 2-1 at Dunfermline is one of our worst results in our history you must be about 12.

Just now, Gambo said:

The players look as though they are sticking to his tactics imo. Doing as they are told.

The players need to take responsibility for over hit passes, ball control etc, Neilson has to take responsibility for the way we go about the game.

The players don't seem to be all that bothered about poor performances and need a huge are kicking.

Manager has to sort that out or move on, but he thinks the fault for yesterday's result/display lies at the door of the referee ffs.

In a nutshell. 

Thing that sticks in my mind about the game was that i needed to reach for the paracetamol at the end as all i could here on the screen was Peter Grant constantly shouting at his players from kick-off right through extra time. Neilson pointed a few times though. 

15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Last night is definitely up there. But if you’re saying getting beat 2-1 at Dunfermline is one of our worst results in our history you must be about 12.

Definitely is. I think we've had this conversation. Time to move on. 

43 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnely are Neilson signings you'd keep those 3? Frear and Roberts are hopeless his excuse is we're in the championship not as easy to sign players. His mistake is Halliday but then he like so many others should be good enough for this level. The main problem is the attitude to losing which is prevalent throughout the club.

You've named 6 players so we can agree that this is Neilson's team.

The players are good enough to be winning almost every game and for sure beating the part time teams. However the way they are set up not allowing them to show how good they are.. Much like his first spell in charge when the likes of Juanma came in and did well before being given more instruction by Neilson and could no longer score..

I love this place.

The same names who thought CL was doing a decent job and injuries were the problem are now trotting out the same about RN.

Got to love that they are following a similar career path. Do a job at Hearts, get a move to England. Fail there miserably. Get a job at Dundee United. Do a job there. Difference was CL went on to manage Scotland before ending up back here.

RN failed miserably at MK Dons. AB clearly is still misty eyed about him having won promotion first time round.

Stats would be interesting about how many points Shankland won them getting wins from draws and draws from losses. I’d guess he got them about a dozen points.

Saturday is now a big game as our away form has been totally rancid and failure to win would make me question whether we would bounce back at first attempt 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If by some miracle we win the cup final maybe some mug club will come in  and make an approach for Nielson.

Both clubs could have two new managers by then. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both clubs could have two new managers by then. 

Any chance we had will be gone when Lennon is sacked. Probably tonight !!

Guest ToqueJambo

And so it starts. What a crazy number absolute loons support Hearts, or claim to. Like they've never seen us pumped out the cup to minnows under any other manager. Give Neilson the chance to build the team FFS.

complete control
2 hours ago, gator said:

In just over a week I have gone from confident of promotion and maybe pulling out a cup victory to thinking we may struggle to get out of this league and I'm concerned we will get turned over badly in the cup! Full disclosure I have not watched a whole lot of our minutes played so far, from what I saw yesterday we look horrid, unimaginative and slow, we could have played for 3 more hours and not troubled their keeper! Yes the players overall are poor but should be good enough to trouble part timers, lots of this falls on the manager, he didn't seem to change things at all tactically when it clearly wasn't working! The warning signs were there for me with the keeper loan which RN felt was ok, now his managing and recruitment are once again a big concern!

Correct. The only Hearts stuff went oot the window when neilson lent st mirren our keeper.

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And so it starts. What a crazy number absolute loons support Hearts, or claim to. Like they've never seen us pumped out the cup to minnows under any other manager. Give Neilson the chance to build the team FFS.

Some sense at last. Turning around the basket case we were last season was never going to be a 5 minute job. Most teams that come down on the sort of form that we were on take a few years to sort themselves out and get back up (Dundee Utd, Hibs), or even crash through to the lower leagues (Partick). People who expected us to become a slick attacking side straight from the off were being very optimistic. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Oh yes I love it here at Hearts, the facilities are fantastic and everyone is so helpful. The training is good and moral is superb. I think that says it all about what players say when they come to Hearts well I’d like them to buck up and I believe these players have a too easy.. They underperform, on every level, like a lack of a winning mentality, passing, scoring, defending, giving the ball away and playing on a match day that makes the fans eyes bleed. On top of this does Robbie want to be their best mate or their manager because from what I see there is a massive lack of the players responding to what it takes to play for Hearts. I really feel sorry for the fans who have backed Ann and the Board through the bad times and having to still suffer a team in the Championship that is turning into a laughing stock. I’m retired now but I really feel for our fans when they go into their work on Monday.

Robbie was ruthless in the past, to an extent. losing the rag with Ozturk and really changing , mistakenly imo, the Championship winning squad, but you're right, he does seem to calm & composed. 

I'd love it if they were forced to train on a public park for a few weeks, away from the grandiose surrounding of Oriom, which they clearly don't deserve or make full use of. 

He & McCulloch talked a good game when they returned to training, but it seems to have the square root of nothing 

Budge is a loser

The rest of the board are losers 

FOH representatives are yes men losers

Neilson - jury out already 

Players - could count on one hand the number that I would keep 

Shambles. 

Yesterday's team

Gordon - Neilson signing

Smith - Existing regular 

Berra - Found out by previous manager, brought back by Neilson

Popescu - Brought in by Neilson

Kingsley - Neilson signing

Haring - Existing

White - Sidelined by previous manager, brought back into team by Neilson

Walker - Existing

Lee - Brought back by Neilson 

Halliday - Neilson signing

Boyce - Existing

7 out of 11 his 'choices' in the summer so hard to say its not his team.

Neilson needs to keep things simple(not sure if he is capable) no chopping and changing of players, no players out of position and no mid match changes of formation. 

Get a formation stick to it and if the players are not performing in their position they are out. 

15 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Some sense at last. Turning around the basket case we were last season was never going to be a 5 minute job. Most teams that come down on the sort of form that we were on take a few years to sort themselves out and get back up (Dundee Utd, Hibs), or even crash through to the lower leagues (Partick). People who expected us to become a slick attacking side straight from the off were being very optimistic. 

True and i for one never expected an easy route back to the top division with the current squad of players. What is confounding though is the lack of urgency and desire on show. This season of all season, with the injustices the club suffered during the summer, the players should be up for every game. You would think the manager is making that clear to them.

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

We can sack Neilson bring in someone else, rinse and repeat... nothing will change until 90% of this squad are emptied. They lose and don't care, drop one and a loser replaces them. 

There is no point in emptying this latest tranche of losers until somebody at the club takes responsibility for, and sorts out our recruitment policy. We've been emptying shit squads and replacing it with shit squads for 4 years.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Does anyone know how to make a poll? 

you aren’t seriously going to try and post a Neilson poll already 😂

what a set of fans we have. 

11 minutes ago, Rods said:

Neilson needs to keep things simple(not sure if he is capable) no chopping and changing of players, no players out of position and no mid match changes of formation. 

Get a formation stick to it and if the players are not performing in their position they are out. 

Or sign some decent players😂

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Any chance we had will be gone when Lennon is sacked. Probably tonight !!

Protest outside right now 😆

BE401C78-42AC-43AF-9E3B-8E8B47473433.jpeg

A2674544-D963-4AEE-AF86-6ACA5C50928A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you aren’t seriously going to try and post a Neilson poll already 😂

what a set of fans we have. 

Certainly when one can mock stendel for not being able to beat Hamilton etc, during a time he had basically Leveins pish, but Robbie has had a pre season and been backed signed the players he wants, but fails to alloa damn right mate. 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Agree mostly however overhit crosses, mis-placed passes, lack of basic ball control are factors that would destroy any managers tactics. 
We all know that managers comments to the media are sanitised. None of us know what was said to the players after yesterday. I’d be amazed if Forest and McCulloch didn’t tear into them after the game. They were certainly giving them a lot of verbals during the game. 

59 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep, must be the only set of fans who want the manager out after winning 8/10 games. And we used to slag OF fans for their sense of entitlement. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Does anyone know how to make a poll? 

I want a team of winners that the fans can be proud of. A manager that demands winning and playing good attacking football. We shouldn’t settle for anything less. Ann and the board have to be ruthless and not accept incompetence from the manager just like the manager not accepting it from the players. 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I want a team of winners that the fans can be proud of. A manager that demands winning and playing good attacking football. We shouldn’t settle for anything less. Ann and the board have to be ruthless and not accept incompetence from the manager just like the manager not accepting it from the players. 

Correct 👍

8 hours ago, hans said:

he is still better than the shite robbie has brought in

Every bit as bad, I'd say. That's why he plays for Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do you honestly believe that our manager will have accepted the performances of our players yesterday?  Second and final chance gone for some of them. Dunfermline was unacceptable but everyone deserves a second chance. After yesterday second chances have come and gone for some I suspect. Different team next week. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Certainly when one can mock stendel for not being able to beat Hamilton etc, during a time he had basically Leveins pish, but Robbie has had a pre season and been backed signed the players he wants, but fails to alloa damn right mate. 

I seriously think you need to let the Stendel sacking go. I really liked him, could have done a great job but he paid for some really really stupid choices.. like persisting with Pereira and trying to get players to play his way who were simply not capable. He wasn’t around for long, and there were mitigating circumstances but he has played his part in our current situation.. 

Neilson has had 9 wins and 2 bad defeats. If I’m honest - it’s pretty embarrassing to even discuss him being sacked .. if we lose another 3 or 4 maybe then the pressure will but this just smacks of folk waiting for him to fail.. 

if he wins the cup then he will be classed as a legend. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Maybe they, like most normal people, believe we have a great chance of winning the Championship and Scottish Cup this season 🤷‍♂️ We are only a few games in after all.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Exactly Stendel being mocked elsewhere,for signing Sibbick, Langer, and Avdijaj.

I give you Popescu, Roberts and Frear, obviously massive upgrades on Stendel's efforts😟

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I seriously think you need to let the Stendel sacking go. I really liked him, could have done a great job but he paid for some really really stupid choices.. like persisting with Pereira and trying to get players to play his way who were simply not capable. He wasn’t around for long, and there were mitigating circumstances but he has played his part in our current situation.. 

Neilson has had 9 wins and 2 bad defeats. If I’m honest - it’s pretty embarrassing to even discuss him being sacked .. if we lose another 3 or 4 maybe then the pressure will but this just smacks of folk waiting for him to fail.. 

Yep. Will he be the first Hearts Scottish cup winner as both player and manager? 

Glamorgan Jambo

Thought it was odd that there were so few changes for yesterday’s game compared to the line up earlier in the week. Bringing in the likes of Wighton, Irving, and one of Moore/Henderson would have brought in players with something to prove. And who are more than good enough considering the opposition.Peter Grant is many things but he’s anything but a mug as far as coaching is concerned.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

His most notable win is against hibs, and it wasn't over 90 minutes, his win against Dundee well let's be honest they are what they are. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Thought it was odd that there were so few changes for yesterday’s game compared to the line up earlier in the week. Bringing in the likes of Wighton, Irving, and one of Moore/Henderson would have brought in players with something to prove. And who are more than good enough considering the opposition.Peter Grant is many things but he’s anything but a mug as far as coaching is concerned.

Agreed, though I think Moore must be either injured or ill otherwise he was a certainty to be given a chance yesterday given our lack of width. There is a small group of our players self-isolating so he is maybe amongst them. 

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree mostly however overhit crosses, mis-placed passes, lack of basic ball control are factors that would destroy any managers tactics. 
We all know that managers comments to the media are sanitised. None of us know what was said to the players after yesterday. I’d be amazed if Forest and McCulloch didn’t tear into them after the game. They were certainly giving them a lot of verbals during the game. 

I'd hope they have been tearing into them since Cowdenbeath away.

If they have  it ain't getting through.

Just now, Gambo said:

I'd hope they have been tearing into them since Cowdenbeath away.

If they have  it ain't getting through.

Not sure that’s the right approach for a new management team but we are getting to the point, four months in, when that approach may come out of the closet. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )