Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

5 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Good Post. 

I don't want Neilson to fail. I don't want any players to have a shite game either. 

For some reason hearts over the past 5 seasons, we have severe delusions of grandeur. 

I honestly believe hearts as a club under the stewardship of budge and installed by levein we believe we are bigger than what we currently are. 

Examples are the new stand being built and the amazing loyal fanbase that we always have. 

Let's not kid ourselves we have been pissed all over by budge for our money ever since we came out of administration. 

Granted the first 2 seasons we were just thankful for having a club to support. 

Ann Is not a football person. A fan cannot run a football club without help.

Sadly for us that help came in the way of Craig levein. 

Whatever you think of him IMO he is a serial loser and to this day has bestowed that mentally at Riccarton. 

The players have to partly be blamed for the past two seasons. However the management of them is mostly responsible for it. 

Ann Budge has to go and the FoH has to take over with a boardroom held responsible for the future endeavours of this football club. 

Robbie Neilson needs time to rebuild us yet again and yet again it won't come cheap. 

The harsh reality is we are nowhere near good enough to be competing at the top end of the SPFL. We fully deserve to be where we are and it's because of budge and levein.

With budge at the helm of this club we won't go anywhere. 

In Robbie we trust! 

That’s where I am at too. I don’t actively want to dislike Budge, I don’t want Neilson to do a bad job and I don’t want the players to fail but like you said, over the past 5 years it’s been nothing short of a disgrace. 

Also, like you say, Ann has failed the support of the last few years. The club and her have to part ways. Some good and a lot of bad but there needs to be a plan and an idea, and I don’t get that right now. There is still not a clear recruitment structure, no clear pathway for youth players, a poor relationship between the fans and the club, and an over feel of mediocrity. Things have to change and it baffles me that people defend Budge, like they did Levein. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yet we knocked out the 4th best team in the top league. 

And we have been knocked out by the worst team in the 1st division. It's knockout football. It is bound to happen. 

The 4th best team in the top league was Aberdeen. If your implying hibs they finished 7th and we haven't lost to them at hampden or outside Edinburgh yet 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm all this. I thought it was an unimaginative appointment but made sense although I always wondered why he would quit DUFC when he'd just got them promotion. 

As for the here & now - he clearly doesn't know how to get this team firing that much is obvious and it is really worrying to look at so many poor performances against such modest opposition. 

As for the players : something stinks. 

Glad you agree mate. Worried about him tactically massively, keeps trying to play as if we haven’t lost Ginnelly. He got his subs spot on against Hibs in the semi final but apart from that we have looked tactically miles off it, and really should be hammering teams. 

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Glad you agree mate. Worried about him tactically massively, keeps trying to play as if we haven’t lost Ginnelly. He got his subs spot on against Hibs in the semi final but apart from that we have looked tactically miles off it, and really should be hammering teams. 

Do you know what baffles me to this day. 

Why do we play modern football and attempt to pass pass pass the ball around the bleeting box and 25 yard line when as before any sniff of the goal was a shot by one of the forward players. 

If you attempt shots at goal at least one of them will go in. 

Why do managers and coaches these days allow all this build up play to gain territory only for it to fizzle out and be passed back to the keeper to start again. 

just have a dig at goal. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Lin and I'll answer your question.

If someone you engage asks a question, you should answer. It's just polite. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Am I missing something is Anne not already out? I thought she was stepping away letting the boy McKinlay do the work. 

Mckinaly oot! 

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

That’s where I am at too. I don’t actively want to dislike Budge, I don’t want Neilson to do a bad job and I don’t want the players to fail but like you said, over the past 5 years it’s been nothing short of a disgrace. 

Also, like you say, Ann has failed the support of the last few years. The club and her have to part ways. Some good and a lot of bad but there needs to be a plan and an idea, and I don’t get that right now. There is still not a clear recruitment structure, no clear pathway for youth players, a poor relationship between the fans and the club, and an over feel of mediocrity. Things have to change and it baffles me that people defend Budge, like they did Levein. 

I'm telling you and everyone that wants to listen to me. Heart of midlothian football club as a footballing organisation won't achieve anything with budge at the helm. 

We haven't went backward I think. We just haven't went anywhere at all since we exited admin. 

The mess that Craig levein left us in will take years to sort out. It's made for someone to come in with a winning mentality and clear house out. Rejuvenate the entire club and kick on. 

The foundations have been built. It just needs someone to take ownership of us. 

What's Barry Hearn up too! 

15 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Bongo in all over kickback after a defeat, shocker.

Away and support the team that DS is employed by cos you ain’t no Hearts man.

👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

😂😂😂😂 

Sorry what was the team called that we played today? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Am I missing something is Anne not already out? I thought she was stepping away letting the boy McKinlay do the work. 

No. He is just the CEO. She is still the one that has the final say. What needs to happen ASAP is the transfer over to foh and a board room of elected representatives that are chosen by us to deliver our targets. However unrealistic they might be. 

Were no even asking for much. European football every season, a chance at the league or a cup every now and again. 

3rd biggest budget in Scottish football and 6 years after exiting admin we are back in the 1st division. Not backwards just back to where we started. 

And he’s not praying!
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂😂😂😂 

Sorry what was the team called that we played today? 

St Mirren?

St Johnstone?

10 man Hamilton?

17 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Do you know what baffles me to this day. 

Why do we play modern football and attempt to pass pass pass the ball around the bleeting box and 25 yard line when as before any sniff of the goal was a shot by one of the forward players. 

If you attempt shots at goal at least one of them will go in. 

Why do managers and coaches these days allow all this build up play to gain territory only for it to fizzle out and be passed back to the keeper to start again. 

just have a dig at goal. 

So you're saying that only route 1 football works in the Championship?

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

St Mirren?

St Johnstone?

10 man Hamilton?

Sorry who? all they teams you mention above are far better than what we played today 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

And he’s not praying!
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry who? all they teams you mention above are far better than that we played today 😂

Thats why your hero is currently working where?

Sacked by Barnsley and taking Hearts to the foot of the table.

He won’t work again 😂😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

No. He is just the CEO. She is still the one that has the final say. What needs to happen ASAP is the transfer over to foh and a board room of elected representatives that are chosen by us to deliver our targets. However unrealistic they might be. 

Were no even asking for much. European football every season, a chance at the league or a cup every now and again. 

3rd biggest budget in Scottish football and 6 years after exiting admin we are back in the 1st division. Not backwards just back to where we started. 

Are the guys in the FOH board not meant to be useless? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

So you can’t, Magic.

thanks for trying though and running your gob off like you know it all.

you know the square root of feck all going by your posts 😂😂😂😂

:laugh2:

4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Are you bumming up Neilson despite an embarrassing loss to part timers or just slating Stendel for losing to Premiership teams?

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry who? all they teams you mention above are far better than that we played today 😂

3 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

We will see about that 😉you might just eat your words you know. 

Don't sit there and tell me that the mighty mk dons, is even remotely close to being as big a club as Barnsley 😂

Guy gained promotion from a decent league 1, Neilson well traded in Hearts for MK Dons. 

Sort of says it all really 😊😏

30 minutes ago, Candy said:

This result is just simply unacceptable. 

Tbe only way Neilson can come back from this is winning the SC and gaining automatic promotion 

Winning the SC. 🤔

And he’s not praying!
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Are you bumming up Neilson despite an embarrassing loss to part timers or just slating Stendel for losing to Premiership teams?

I’m neither bumming up Neilson (today was a disgrace) nor slating Stendel for simply losing to Premiership teams (he took us to the bottom of the Premiership)

And he’s not praying!
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We will see about that 😉you might just eat your words you know. 

Don't sit there and tell me that the mighty mk dons, is even remotely close to being as big a club as Barnsley 😂

Guy gained promotion from a decent league 1, Neilson well traded in Hearts for MK Dons. 

Sort of says it all really 😊😏

Neilson is being asked to clean up the mess left in part (large) by Stendel.

Stendel is a fraud. Being sacked by Barnsley (look at them now without him!) and his record with us proves that.

Jambo in Yorkshire

This is from the Barnsley website when promotion was confirmed last year.

Under the stewardship of Head Coach, Daniel Stendel, we have gone a full season at Oakwell without a league defeat. During the season, we went 20 games unbeaten, equalling a club record. We smashed the club record for clean sheets. We have broken our highest ever points tally. We have achieved immediate promotion following a relegation, for the first time in our history. We have done all this whilst fielding the youngest squad in the entire EFL. 

Watched the tv  programme on us and after 60 pllus years of supporting Hearts she is NOT  the person to be leading us,Ive lived abroad for the last 4 years and pumped a lot of hard earned cas into the club. Ab continualy makes desicisions that costs us millions and I think why do I bother !!!!!!!!

Stendel is a fraud. Being sacked by Barnsley (look at them now without him!) and his record with us proves that.

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

This is from the Barnsley website when promotion was confirmed last year.

Under the stewardship of Head Coach, Daniel Stendel, we have gone a full season at Oakwell without a league defeat. During the season, we went 20 games unbeaten, equalling a club record. We smashed the club record for clean sheets. We have broken our highest ever points tally. We have achieved immediate promotion following a relegation, for the first time in our history. We have done all this whilst fielding the youngest squad in the entire EFL. 

Thankyou for posting the facts, PHM you are 😊👍

5 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

You can't be serious. Stendl was literally there for 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things. 

8 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

:rofl: 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

:rofl:

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You can't be serious. Stendl was literally there for 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things. 

Stendel took us to the bottom of the league.

When the league was called we were bottom. Stendel played a huge part in that.

Appointing him has cost us millions. Neilson is the one who has been tasked with righting the wrong.

And he’s not praying!

Sad state of affairs when Craig Levein staying as manager would have given us a better chance of staying up than Daniel Stendel did.

That shit must sting for the fanboys.

2 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Appointing him has cost us millions. Neilson is the one who has been tasked with righting the wrong.

That's simplistic nonsense but you carry on. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

I was at almost every game when Barnsley won promotion and I can assure you it was great to watch.

Sunderland had players on over £50K per week and Jack Ross was the manager.

Barnsley made chances galore and played attacking football that the opposition couldn’t cope with.

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Sad state of affairs when Craig Levein staying as manager would have given us a better chance of staying up than Daniel Stendel did.

😂😂😂😂😂 The same levein that couldn't beat Hamilton, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, the same you mentioned about Stendel but he could've of kept us up aye. 

Bail out mate your tying yourself up in knots here, and you can slag Stendel all you want, Robbie got his arsed handed to him by Tommy Wright at Tynecastle, when they gubbed us 3-0.

Selective memory is a ******* 😂

And he’s not praying!
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

That's simplistic nonsense but you carry on. 

Daniel Stendel took us to the bottom of the league. It’s a fact.

A win versus 10 man Hamilton would have done it. A win in Paisley when we knew covid was calling would have done it. Tommy Wright not taking 10 mins to figure his tactics out in his first game would have done it.

Such a great manager he couldn’t manage any of them.

5 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Bit xenophobic mate. 

And he’s not praying!
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂😂😂😂😂 The same levein that couldn't beat Hamilton, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, the same you mentioned about Stendel but he could've of kept us up aye. 

Bail out mate your tying yourself up in knots here, and you can slag Stendel all you want, Robbie got his arsed handed to him by Tommy Wright at Tynecastle, when they gubbed us 3-0.

Selective memory is a ******* 😂

That fact is why he remains unemployed.

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Daniel Stendel took us to the bottom of the league. It’s a fact.

A win versus 10 man Hamilton would have done it. A win in Paisley when we knew covid was calling would have done it. Tommy Wright not taking 10 mins to figure his tactics out in his first game would have done it.

Such a great manager he couldn’t manage any of them.

Like I say, simplistic nonsense. 

But a fact nonetheless.

Bang away bud. You deliberately ignore other critical factors like the delay in getting him in and the shit state of the squad he inherited because that doesn't fit your agenda. But you do seem to have a weird obsession with him. 

Sorry but it was Levein who gave out the contracts to some players with big reputations who never delivered last season. Some are still here on cushy contracts that are proving to be difficult in some instances to move on. The table didn’t lie we were bottom but we’ll never know if he (Stendel) could have kept us up. For me less than half a season with a squad you inherited and  only a January window to change it is ridiculous. Should have been given the whole season to root out the deadwood. We’ve settled for safe in Neilson and we’ll probably get promoted just, but the football on view is not going to get the support excited. I seriously hope I’m wrong regarding football ahead. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

I like facts, Stendel got Barnsley promoted from league 1 in England.

Jack Ross couldn’t get Sunderland promoted despite his massive budget.

Neilson left when MK Dons were in the relegation places and they were relegated.

37 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

We where joint bottom when he was appointed.

The only person responsible from taking us from third to the worst team in the Prem is Craig Levein.  So **** Stendel lost his first game and we went bottom on goals or whatver?  It’s not as if he done a Cathro and utterly bombed.  There was a reason Levein got sacked then the ***** with the long hair didn’t have a chance of the job.  Budge wanted both them to succeed but Stendel was giving **** all, not even a decent budget in January to save us from Leveins shit show.  We had to sell Mulraney to get Boyce in, remember?

Dunfermline and Alloa is much worse than anything last season under Stendel.   Maybe the difference from last time under Neilson is Crawford?  

Neilson was sacked at MK Dons getting them relegated too, in the same league Stendel pissed with Barnsley 👌 he also signed Robbie Muirhead for two clubs.  He’s now at Morton. 

And he’s not praying!
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Bang away bud. You deliberately ignore other critical factors like the delay in getting him in and the shit state of the squad he inherited because that doesn't fit your agenda. But you do seem to have a weird obsession with him. 

I’m ignoring nothing.

Budge made an arse of appointing him and Levein had left him a mess.

Stendel, lost in his arrogance, assumed he could come here, rip it up mid season, and do it his way. Zero thought given to the consequences of his failure. Consequences that each and every one of us are now paying for.

Any man worth their salt would have sacrificed their principles in the name of points and ensured we done what was required.

Not Daniel though. Needed persuading to come here to begin with and patently thought Scottish football was beneath him. 

GEGGENPRESS!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ironically, the most pragmatic approach he adopted was in Paisley when we needed to win.

An utter disaster of an appointment and due to his part in where we currently are, I cannot easily forgive or forget.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry but it was Levein who gave out the contracts to some players with big reputations who never delivered last season. Some are still here on cushy contracts that are proving to be difficult in some instances to move on. The table didn’t lie we were bottom but we’ll never know if he (Stendel) could have kept us up. For me less than half a season with a squad you inherited and  only a January window to change it is ridiculous. Should have been given the whole season to root out the deadwood. We’ve settled for safe in Neilson and we’ll probably get promoted just, but the football on view is not going to get the support excited. I seriously hope I’m wrong regarding football ahead. 

You’re spot on, have we ever had a permanent manager last 3 months and 18 games I think?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I’m ignoring nothing.

Stendel, lost in his arrogance, assumed he could come here, rip it up mid season, and do it his way. Zero thought given to the consequences of his failure. Consequences that each and every one of us are now paying for.

Any man worth their salt would have sacrificed their principles in the name of points and ensured we done what was required.

Not Daniel though. Needed persuading to come here to begin with and patently thought Scottish football was beneath him. 

Ironically, the most pragmatic approach he adopted was in Paisley when we needed to win.

An utter disaster of an appointment and due to his part in where we currently are, I cannot easily forgive or forget.

Yeah pressing hasn’t worked at all for Pep, Klopp or the current CL champion  Bayern Munich 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
In what way would you have had that team play? Levein, Macphee and Stendel could barely get back to back performances out of them, I’m not sure any manager could.
He was hired because he played that way, that’s on Budge and Levein is responsible too for the squad. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

I’m ignoring nothing.

There we go. 

Like I say, you have a weird obsession ( I meant "dislike for" ) with the guy, a guy who did his absolute best, who was gutted when he left, who worked for nowt at times and who had no time to get the job done after literally being in the job for 5 minutes. And yet you really, really detest him. 

Forgive or forget - whatever. Did he steal your missus too ? 

36 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Yet you slate Stendel, a man who was left a hell of a mess also.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )