Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Some of these players have played under what, 4 managers now? At what point can we expect them to start to turn up for one -the 5th, 6th manager?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You've got to laugh at some of the numbskulls on here thinking if we get rid of Robbie suddenly everything will improve . 

Hes working with demoted surrender merchants that have already seen of 4 managers . They have zero pride in their performances. 

The fact Naismith, Boyce , Walker , Halkett , Lee and many more can't cut it  in the 2nd Tier of Scottish football is an utter embarrassment to them , their family and the club as a whole . 

The recruitment has been horrific , Robbie was hung out to dry preseason stumbling about trying to pick up jokers out of contact unfortunately. They aren't the biggest part of the problem though, it's the Naismiths , Walkers and Boyces that are killing us yet again . 

Robbie deserves time to clear up the mess Budge and the former manager /coaches have created . Budge better dip into her own pocket to help Robbie in 4 weeks time or  we're ****ed with these clowns pretending to still be professional footballers. 

Some good points made there 👍

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You've got to laugh at some of the numbskulls on here thinking if we get rid of Robbie suddenly everything will improve . 

Hes working with demoted surrender merchants that have already seen of 4 managers . They have zero pride in their performances. 

The fact Naismith, Boyce , Walker , Halkett , Lee and many more can't cut it  in the 2nd Tier of Scottish football is an utter embarrassment to them , their family and the club as a whole . 

The recruitment has been horrific , Robbie was hung out to dry preseason stumbling about trying to pick up jokers out of contact unfortunately. They aren't the biggest part of the problem though, it's the Naismiths , Walkers and Boyces that are killing us yet again . 

Robbie deserves time to clear up the mess Budge and the former manager /coaches have created . Budge better dip into her own pocket to help Robbie in 4 weeks time or  we're ****ed with these clowns pretending to still be professional footballers. 

A lot of truth in that tbf. 

36 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Taken us into the premiership - Check

Taken us into the top 6 - Check

Challenging for 3rd place - Check

He did this before and it wasn't good enough for the knuckle draggers amongst us.

The disliking for Robbie always strikes me as odd. Stendel was a complete failure yet because he was an eccentric german who read the scripts and said how big a club we are, how great the support is etc, people are pining after him. In contrast, even if Robbie pulls off a shock win in the cup final and gets us promoted to the Premiership AGAIN, he'll still not be good enough 'cuz hibs won the cup' or 'Alloa got their first ever win against us eh'. All very bizarre.

I think referring to people who do not share your view on Robbie as a 'knuckle Dragger' is unpleasant.  Your view on him does NOT make it  the right one. It is just a personal opinion.

There is a trend on here for people to throw about insults to fellow fans using words they do not appreciate the meaning of.

Edited by i8hibsh

23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I have got to agree with this. Neilson's signings have been poor but you have got to look at our more experienced high earning players who are just ridiculously under performing and have been now for some time.

Every single team in the Championship will smell blood now after that game on Saturday and play against us with no fear. And why should they have any fear, we are awful!!

Edited by Lambo85

19 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe they, like most normal people, believe we have a great chance of winning the Championship and Scottish Cup this season 🤷‍♂️ We are only a few games in after all.

Have you seen many Hearts games on the tv or web this season ?  We are a shambles at times, there is so much wrong with the way we’re playing I doubt Robbie knows where to start and if he can’t sort this mess out he will have to go. Not winning the Championship is not an option.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

👍 Nailed it.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I think referring to people who do not share your view on Robbie as a 'knuckle Dragger' is unpleasant.  Your view on him does NOT make it  the right one. It is just a personal opinion.

There is a trend on here for people to throw about insults to fellow fans using words they do not appreciate the meaning of.

To be fair I wouldn’t label the plane hiring brigade knuckle draggers. I’d label them arseholes. 

1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Taken us into the premiership - Check

Taken us into the top 6 - Check

Challenging for 3rd place - Check

He did this before and it wasn't good enough for the knuckle draggers amongst us.

The disliking for Robbie always strikes me as odd. Stendel was a complete failure yet because he was an eccentric german who read the scripts and said how big a club we are, how great the support is etc, people are pining after him. In contrast, even if Robbie pulls off a shock win in the cup final and gets us promoted to the Premiership AGAIN, he'll still not be good enough 'cuz hibs won the cup' or 'Alloa got their first ever win against us eh'. All very bizarre.

I think very, very few Hearts' fans would be of that opinion if RN led us to a cup win against sellick and got us safely back into the Premiership AGAIN this season. 

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

To be fair I wouldn’t label the plane hiring brigade knuckle draggers. I’d label them arseholes. 

I didn’t agree with the message flowing behind the plane but I’d always support fans to air their views. I recon going as far as the Celtic fans outside Parkhead after the Ross County defeat might just be a little over the top.   😎

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Wouldn't argue with any of this.  I suspect that many are still on the contracts they signed which were all about money in the pocket rather than relying more on bonusses for wins.  The lack of hunger in this group of players has been evident for some time.

37 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Agreed, but why must a group of 4 laddies defone the 'Robbie oot' brigade? It is possible to not think he is a good choice for us but yet don't order a plane. 99.9% of all Hearts fans who wanted Robbie out were not involed in the hiring of that plane. Me being one.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Robbie must walk, his record of *checks notes* 9 wins in 11 this season, including papping hibs out the cup, is simply not up to the standards expected. Also all players apart from Smith and Gordon at the club at the moment are not good enough for this level. The fact that all we needed coming into this season is to be promoted back to the Premiership is irrelevant.

Hagar the Horrible
48 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I think they  could be describes as visionary

So Make Some Noise..
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I think the term (Informal reference to a stupid or loutish being) perfectly sums up those amongst us unwilling to see him do well out of some petty obsession with him having a hand in the other lot winning the SC. If you have any further indirect views on the meaning of this term, that's on you - not me and is entirely separate to the sentiment of my post.

10 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

I think the term (Informal reference to a stupid or loutish being) perfectly sums up those amongst us unwilling to see him do well out of some petty obsession with him having a hand in the other lot winning the SC. If you have any further indirect views on the meaning of this term, that's on you - not me and is entirely separate to the sentiment of my post.

In summary:

Smart people are Pro Robbie

Dumb people are Robbie Oot

Got you.

I think robbie, assessment of Saturdays game is deeply worrying for our future.  From what I've seen so far this season only one display ( v dundee) was acceptable. Obviously the result v hibs was great but the display not so much

So Make Some Noise..
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In summary:

Smart people are Pro Robbie

Dumb people are Robbie Oot

Got you.

You're really good at missing the point eh? 

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Is this the same Billy Davies who is still without a club?

That wasn't the point. It could've been any other manager.  The post was more about what he said, as you know.

For the record, Levein's without a club also.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That wasn't the point. It could've been any other manager.  The post was more about what he said, as you know.

For the record, Levein's without a club also.

It could have been but it wasn't!

Not pushing Levein's case but BD has been without a club for nearly 7 years, not 6 months.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It could have been but it wasn't!

Not pushing Levein's case but BD has been without a club for nearly 7 years, not 6 months.

Like i say, it's wasn't about Davies being interviewed anyway, it's about what he said afterwards.

If Neilson was to win this cup final in December would he become one of our most successful managers in a very long time in terms of silverware? That would be the cup and a championship win. In my lifetime I don’t think anyone else has won more than one. I could be wrong and it’s obviously a big task ahead to win the SC but we’ve got a chance. 

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Like i say, it's wasn't about Davies being interviewed anyway, it's about what he said afterwards.

Like I say

I couldn't give a flying xxxx what Billy Davies says afterwards.  He didn't get the job, or any other in nearly 7 years, so that must tell you something.  What he says is totally irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like I say

I couldn't give a flying xxxx what Billy Davies says afterwards.  He didn't get the job, or any other in nearly 7 years, so that must tell you something.  What he says is totally irrelevant.

Still, makes you wonder who else applied or got an interview. Pretty sure there were others who said they couldn't work under Levein's "philosophy" which is why Cathro got the gig. Someone to bow to their lord and master and do as they're told. And that was actually the point. You keep trying to twist it but the post never has been about Davies being in work or not so that's the real irrelevance. Davies wouldn't work within the restrictions set out so others possibly couldn't either. Levein wanted to rule the roost and god help anyone who tried to change something or disagree with him. As for Davies himself, if he had been that desperate to find himself a job then he probably would've given it a go even if Levein restricted what he was allowed to do. 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Still, makes you wonder who else applied or got an interview. Pretty sure there were others who said they couldn't work under Levein's "philosophy" which is why Cathro got the gig. Someone to bow to their lord and master and do as they're told. And that was actually the point. You keep trying to twist it but the post never has been about Davies being in work or not so that's the real irrelevance. Davies wouldn't work within the restrictions set out so others possibly couldn't either.  and god help anyone who tried to change something or disagree with him. As for Davies himself, if he had been that desperate to find himself a job then he probably would've given it a go even if Levein restricted what he was allowed to do. 

Do you often mention irrelevances?    Ah, I see.  You really just wanted to take a pop at CL.  Who could ever have guessed that?  BTW he did rule the roost - for better or worse he was CEO/DoF/or whatever and I hope Andrew Mckinlay  does that now otherwise why else would he be there.

I have a feeling that Davies did not even get the chance to give it a go - unless you know different.

After The Watershed
3 hours ago, Sherbet said:

I think robbie, assessment of Saturdays game is deeply worrying for our future.  From what I've seen so far this season only one display ( v dundee) was acceptable. Obviously the result v hibs was great but the display not so much

FFS 😂 

We beat Hibs that's all that matters in that game. Who cares about the performance. 

As for Saturday, how many managers come out and publicly slag their players off? Seriously do you expect him to do this just to keep you and others happy? I'm sure plenty was said in the dressing room and that's where it should be said. 

Even Sir Alex Ferguson blamed a strip once rather than slag of his players 😂

Robbie had no money to spend and as a result got what he could. They're not great but thankful they aren't on four year deals like past signings!

39 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

FFS 😂 

We beat Hibs that's all that matters in that game. Who cares about the performance. 

As for Saturday, how many managers come out and publicly slag their players off? Seriously do you expect him to do this just to keep you and others happy? I'm sure plenty was said in the dressing room and that's where it should be said. 

Even Sir Alex Ferguson blamed a strip once rather than slag of his players 😂

Robbie had no money to spend and as a result got what he could. They're not great but thankful they aren't on four year deals like past signings!

If you are happy that's fine by me

Remarkably, Oshaniwa was part of the 3rd place season, so I left him out for the purpose of focusing more on 16/17. 

If I wanted to really dig up how dogshit Robbie Neilsons recruitment is, regardless of season, I’d drop the name Soufian el Hassnaoui and rest my case there...but then there was Kenny Anderson, Danny Swa...damnit do you see the rabbit hole you’ve sent me down?

So let me get this straight it's all the players fault, for our defeat against dunfermline and alloa. 

Can i ask since we have went down to the championship, how many youth team players have we played, a football club that is to give a youth a chance, and is to promote youth players. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So let me get this straight it's all the players fault, for our defeat against dunfermline and alloa. 

Can i ask since we have went down to the championship, how many youth team players have we played, a football club that is to give a youth a chance, and is to promote youth players. 

Saturday was def players. Most of them turned in their worst performances of the season so far in the one game. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Saturday was def players. Most of them turned in their worst performances of the season so far in the one game. 

If they played that bad then why did Robbie, say on an another day we would've scored 3 or 4?

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Since you asked.

Irving, Brandon, McGill, Cochrane, Henderson, Moore.

How does that stack up against other similar sized teams? 

Aye it will be Irvings fault he can't get a game ahead of I've seen milk, turn quicker Olly Lee, and Hendersons fault that Elliot Frear is a far better option than him, according to Robbie 🤔

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Since you asked.

How many of them are regular first team players? 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Since you asked.

Playing regularly are they? 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Playing regularly are they? 

You never asked that though did you. 

It’s not exactly La Masia is it? The only youth player I’d reckon is ready to hold down a starting spot would be Irving. But I’ll leave that up to the manager. He sees all the players every day and has forgotten more about football than you or I know.

Edited by DS98

On 29/11/2020 at 18:45, JamboAl said:

Is this the same Billy Davies who is still without a club?

Playing table tennis wi Tommy Wright 

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

I thought Tommy Sheridan was his doubles partner 

Now there’s a porno you wouldn’t want to watch

18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You never asked that though did you. 

It’s not exactly La Masia is it? The only youth player I’d reckon is ready to hold down a starting spot would be Irving. But I’ll leave that up to the manager. He sees all the players every day and has forgotten more about football than you or I know.

Disagree perfect chance for the likes of Henderson and others including Irving to stake a claim, but similar to what Robbie did after we came out the championship was get rid of most the, youth players we had playing for us, and replace them with crap 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree perfect chance for the likes of Henderson and others including Irving to stake a claim, but similar to what Robbie did after we came out the championship was get rid of most the, youth players we had playing for us, and replace them with crap 

The season is only 5 games old.

I’d like to see more youth players. Think everyone would. But if they’re not good enough, they’re not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If they played that bad then why did Robbie, say on an another day we would've scored 3 or 4?

Because the opposition were that bad. 

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

The season is only 5 games old.

I’d like to see more youth players. Think everyone would. But if they’re not good enough, they’re not good enough. 

The only way you will find out if they are good enough is if they play, Scott McGill certainly didn't look out of place when he played, Irving is more than Capable of playing championship football, you don't have three English teams after you, if you aren't doing something right? Henderson more than good enough for the Scottish championship? 

13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In terms of 'young' players, Irving is probably the best passer of a ball we have and probably along with Boyce, the most creative in the last third.  As for Cochrane, Henderson and Moore (who are not 17/18 any more), they will never be good enough to play consistently in the first team and I think all three will end up playing at a lower level sooner rather than later. McGill might have a chance as he is 17/18 and showed a real confidence on the ball in the few opportunities he has had at first team level. However, I would agree that Roberts and Frear are no better than Henderson or Moore so they (by definition) must be regarded as 'bad' signings.

23 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

In terms of 'young' players, Irving is probably the best passer of a ball we have and probably along with Boyce, the most creative in the last third.  As for Cochrane, Henderson and Moore (who are not 17/18 any more), they will never be good enough to play consistently in the first team and I think all three will end up playing at a lower level sooner rather than later. McGill might have a chance as he is 17/18 and showed a real confidence on the ball in the few opportunities he has had at first team level. However, I would agree that Roberts and Frear are no better than Henderson or Moore so they (by definition) must be regarded as 'bad' signings.

Another case of developing players for lower clubs. Wasting money.

On 30/11/2020 at 11:30, ramrod said:

And one day will be someone will be coming in the clear up Robbie’s mess as well.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )