*** Offishul Hearts v Raith Thread ***

upgotheheads

9 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

And if Raith were to win their 2 games in hand they'd be 3 points back which they'll no doubt erase on Tuesday.

Putting the horrendous Covid situation aside, financially, we've been in a better situation than at any time in my following Hearts  (and that's not yesterday) yet we have somehow managed to make an erse of just about everything we've touched over the past few years.

It goes way beyond incompetence, but I'm at a complete loss as to how we have managed to get it so feckin wrong.

Agreed mate. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

I just don't get this - RN's approach seems to be to put the best players on the bench and bring them on 2nd half.   Why not start with the strongest team,  go out and dominate the opposition and get the game won?    If Gino lasted 30 mins or the whole 1st half it's surely better.    The lesser quality players then come on when the opposition are facing an uphill battle, and are tiring too.   Perhaps a sign of RN's mentality, I don't know.

it’s the reason most of us don’t want him managing.

Add in his awful away mentality and it’s brutal

1 minute ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Last time in the Championship, my clearest memories are of a fantastic partnership in midfield. You could argue Irving is doing the Gomis bit, but nobody is coming close to doing the Bauben bit. Plenty more issues at the moment but that’s the one key difference for me

We had pace and youth. Now...

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Maybe Ginnelly's not fit enough to last 90 minutes. I'm sure that Neilson, like us, can see he's a better player than Frear.

Play him first 60 then and rest him when the game is won instead of chasing the game. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll win the league with a good bit to spare that is my only prediction just now. 

😉

Probably. You looking forward to hibs beating St Johnson 

6 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

If Smith did kick him why did he not end up by the advertising hoardings? Everything else he kicked today ended up there. I like him but he had a total shiter today.

He's always a shiter. Good footballer but craps out of every tackle

Just now, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Last time in the Championship, my clearest memories are of a fantastic partnership in midfield. You could argue Irving is doing the Gomis bit, but nobody is coming close to doing the Bauben bit. Plenty more issues at the moment but that’s the one key difference for me

Sadly, the only thing Irving has in common with Gomis that season is they are both male and have an 'I' in their surname.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, a bad day all round at the back Tbh. 

This unfortunately.

First half was woeful all round.

Hard to believe we're 6 points clear.

Note the three teams behind us have all beaten us in the league this season. 

Not sure why Robbie was so upset with the ref. He seemed determined to get a red card.

Hats off to our ex coach and ex goalie.

lost in space
6 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

If Smith did kick him why did he not end up by the advertising hoardings? Everything else he kicked today ended up there. I like him but he had a total shiter today.

Smith got better as game progressed and he was ALLOWED to go forward. He did have a poor game though. I think it probably was a pen - he did touch Kennedys leg as the player was powering through.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll win the league with a good bit to spare that is my only prediction just now. 

😉

I agree with you .

Was only pointing out that our lead might not be as comfortable as many are suggesting.

Certainly if we continue with performances like that its going to be a tough season.

I think the focus should be getting a centre half in before anything else.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Doubt anyone is happily clapping that shite. 

Too many argue after these defeats about the ...........we almost stole a draw or....on another day we could have scored 5/6/7 etc etc etc....if my Auntie had baws and all that!!!! Some can't see the wood for the trees........too many

Edited by gedster

13 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

As annoyed at that result as I am, we must be the only support to be raging at the manager when top of the league by six points.

Maybe it’s because some see that our football has been absolutely woeful bar the odd small patch in a game.

I would honestly fear for us playing against a Livi just now.

4 minutes ago, John Blair said:

I get it. The performance was shite. But you need to put a bit of perspective on the whole game right now. Yes the players are well paid for the privilege of wearing the maroon jersey. And yes, there are some imposters who need cleared out. But the squad are not immune to the circumstances of the world right now. Playing at an empty Tynecastle is just one part of that, and it doubtless makes a huge difference. We’re still top of the league. We’ll still win the league. Relax ffs. 

This would be fair enough if it was a premier game and we’d lost to Killie or someone. Raith were league 1 last year and we have a team full of internationalists. Our reserves pumped them. 

It shouldn’t be underestimated how shocking a result like this is. It wouldn’t be that far off us losing in the cup to airdrie last year

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A sense of perspective? We’re in the championship ffs. We barely won a game last season. Everything at the club is set up to accept shite like this. I don’t care how shite Hearts were years ago or folk should stop overreacting. The same folks were saying this under Levein. The mentality at the club seems to be its all about taking part that counts. 

They say a team matches a manager’s character. Slow, boring and dull. 

100%. Anyone trying to excuse this has chucked it. Performances have been dire all season.

That's now Alloa, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith who've embarrassed us so far. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Still think they should get priority vaccinations because it’s good for our mental health? 😉

In never said priorty vaccinations. 

But yes, anyone that is being forced to work and mix with other folk without ppe or social distancing guidelines being adhered to should be vaccinated or thier work stopped imo. 

Different topic tho. 👍

As for mental health..... 🤪

quockerwodgerjambo
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it’s the reason most of us don’t want him managing.

Add in his awful away mentality and it’s brutal

The worst part is, this was a showcase home game for us.

Total **** up.

Just now, lost in space said:

Smith got better as game progressed and he was ALLOWED to go forward. He did have a poor game though. I think it probably was a pen - he did touch Kennedys leg as the player was powering through.

Can't remember Smith having a worse 45.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Frear is poor. 

Loses the ball often and lots of moves break down because of him. 

His crossing is actually decent, but he's just very poor overall. 

Heart of a mouse!! Shirks every challenge. Crossing isnt his issue, of that you are right.

2 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I’d play her at CH

I'd be happy if you got her to ****.  

Can't she see that she is failing?  

She should just admit defeat and realise that she has failed at running a football club.  

2 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Fixed 

And that’s the issue. Neilson wouldn’t have been my choice but the guy needs a chance to fix it and I don’t give a **** what anyone says to the contrary

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's the F*****g Defence. 

At least we know now where the biggest problems lie. from Halliday backward (excluding Gordon) we were effing hopeless, Smith, Kingsley Berra then Popescue, Halkett the whole lot, miles off the pace, careless, casual, hopeless to a man.

Excuse me quoting myself. Next game;  Smith to CH. Halkett rb  Kingsley lb in a back 3".  Haring and Halliday as a sitting defensive  2. in a 3-2- 1- (irving) 3-1 

Gordon

Halkett, Smith, Kingsley,

Haring Halliday

Irving

Frear, Naismith Ginnely

Boyce.

P15h maybe, but  loading the midfield we could get a draw at Raith FFS, 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

BTW, if no one has mentioned. Raith have not kicked a ball in over 3 weeks. The entire team has just spent 10 days in the house with covid/isolating and only trained once. 

Absolutely shameful. Our defence is a sham. Every time an opposition team has an attack they more or less score. 4 out of the 5 are internationals ffs. 

It’s embarrassing and why lots of us, myself included, were jumping on us at -2 and -3!  Never again.  

2 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

100%. Anyone trying to excuse this has chucked it. Performances have been dire all season.

That's now Alloa, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith who've embarrassed us so far. 

sadly it wont end there

Just now, maroonsgotop said:

If Raith win on Tuesday they'll be 6 points behind with two games in hand. Depressing thought

Careful !!

SRB will be on your case for stating a fact:whistling:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Too many argue after these defeats about the ...........we almost stole a draw or....on another day we could have scored 5/6/7 etc etc etc....if my Auntie had baws and all that!!!! Some can't see the wood for the trees........too many

The wood for the trees. 

That would be we are top of the league. That's seeing the wood. 

9 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Out the league cup to part time Alloa, beat by Dunfermline, Dundee and now Raith (at home).

Absolutely unacceptable.

I don't expect us to win every match no matter how poor this league is but those 4 losses alone tells me something is terribly wrong and there is a long ways to go, could this get worse?

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

If Raith win on Tuesday they'll be 6 points behind with two games in hand. Depressing thought

Someone on here said Raith would be our rivals, they played well today at times. We were grunting for a lot of the game, definitely not a walk in the park this time around.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Frear is poor. 

Loses the ball often and lots of moves break down because of him. 

His crossing is actually decent, but he's just very poor overall. 

Agree with this. Frear should be confined to sub appearances, coming on only to give colleagues a rest when we're cruising. My heart sank when I saw that he was starting today.

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neilson must be shitting it on Monday morning.  He may only get one custard cream with his pot of tea with Ann Budge.

Context 👍. I understand your criticism now.   It's only one defeat.   We play them three times.   We still have two more goes.  

It's not the best place to lose though.  At home :facepalm:   horror show performance.   I'd still fancy us to win 1-0 on Tuesday.   I expect changes of course.    Some of the players need a cold shower. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

This unfortunately.

First half was woeful all round.

Hard to believe we're 6 points clear.

Note the three teams behind us have all beaten us in the league this season. 

Not sure why Robbie was so upset with the ref. He seemed determined to get a red card.

Hats off to our ex coach and ex goalie.

The ref was a dick, not the reason we lost but never gave us any 50/50.

Pulled us up a lot tho.. 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Maybe it’s because some see that our football has been absolutely woeful bar the odd small patch in a game.

I would honestly fear for us playing against a Livi just now.

I see your point. When you look at  teams such as Livi and Raith everyone knows that on paper we have better players which tells us what?

It can only be tactics or players attitude.

1 minute ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Someone on here said Raith would be our rivals, they played well today at times. We were grunting for a lot of the game, definitely not a walk in the park this time around.

our final game is away at Raith on their plastic pitch. not a great thought

Elements of this season are repeating what we saw last season, when the way to avoid being bottom required "only" that we beat the teams around us - which we singularly failed to do. Currently we're doing our level best to avoid automatic promotion, by again failing to beat the teams around us. 2 more defeats this week - which is somewhere between possible to likely on current form, and we're right back to square one. There really is something rotten running through the mentality of Hearts on the playing side, it feels embedded and I don't recognise the club sometimes.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Excuse me quoting myself. Next game;  Smith to CH. Halkett rb  Kingsley lb in a back 3".  Haring and Halliday as a sitting defensive  2. in a 3-2- 1- (irving) 3-1 

Gordon

Halkett, Smith, Kingsley,

Haring Halliday

Irving

Frear, Naismith Ginnely

Boyce.

P15h maybe, but  loading the midfield we could get a draw at Raith FFS, 

Sorry but you can't have two immobile CM in haring and Halliday. They will be chasing shadows for 70 mins then get subbed for being knackered.

n a lighter note, good to see private jet hire being advertised on hearts tv. Was undecided as to how I was going to get to Monaco this week,sorted now.😁🤔🤣

15 or more corners how many resultant saves? Crap. 

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Careful Greedy. Your teams games not kicked off yet. 

Jack Ross is so shit that he'll probably have Hibs in 3rd place by the end of the night.