• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

Lee had his weaknesses but he could see a pass.  Now we only have Irving and a bunch of hoofers.  Opposition teams will mark out Irving and hoof balls will not work with Boyce as the target man as he will fall over.   As for Halliday...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Alec Eiffel said:

Lee had his weaknesses but he could see a pass.  Now we only have Irving and a bunch of hoofers.  Opposition teams will mark out Irving and hoof balls will not work with Boyce as the target man as he will fall over.   As for Halliday...

Nah, the opposite for me. 

Too much passing about. 

Need to go longer and collect the second balls more often. 

Very few hoofs today. 

We need more hoofs. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Thank **** for Hibs to cheer us up. 

On the other hand it reminds me that’s a possible trophy we blew against bleedin Alloa

Guest ToqueJambo

Sore one. Two new CBs please. Halkett has had enough chances now. Boyce despite his two today just doesn't seem up for the Championship. Credit to Raith, they played really well. Looked like a team with fresh legs after a long layoff. With a full Tynie we'd have won that no doubt, but no major damage done in the grand scheme of things and we get a quick chance for revenge.

1 minute ago, Alec Eiffel said:

A big part of the problem is it takes us far too long to move from defence to attack and get the ball effectively up the other end of the pitch. Lee was a part of that problem and wouldn’t have helped today. It’s players with the drive and determination of Ginelly that will help. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

On the other hand it reminds me that’s a possible trophy we blew against bleedin Alloa

Aye, x40 for me and counting. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sore one. Two new CBs please. Halkett has had enough chances now. Boyce despite his two today just doesn't seem up for the Championship. Credit to Raith, they played really well. Looked like a team with fresh legs after a long layoff. With a full Tynie we'd have won that no doubt, but no major damage done in the grand scheme of things and we get a quick chance for revenge.

We seem determined to sign strikers that aren’t suited to playing up top on their own then play them up front on their own. In theory the three behind him should be joining up the dots but with two wide and Naismith behind it just isn’t working out like that. Boyce needs a partner, Naismith would do and looked good in the few games that Stendel had them playing together. 

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Agree. They sign him and we get get Frear and Roberts 

Alarm bells ringing with the fact that Neilson has already made three horrendous signings. 

Pospecu Frear and Roberts. 

He had them on trial, watched them and gave them deals. 

I am sorry but wtf did he actually see there. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, x40 for me and counting. 

Having said that, 3 of the 4 semi finalists would probably have beaten us

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Alarm bells ringing with the fact that Neilson has already made three horrendous signings. 

He saw cheap, available, experienced at this level signings during a time of turmoil when we didn't even know when or if we'd be playing this season. And to be fair all 3 played their part in our good start to the season. I'd persist with Popescu for a but longer, he did well at St Mirren but we do need a big solid no nonsense stopper. Doubt we'll see Roberts again and Frear has had enough chances now. Imagine he'll be back-up or shipped out.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Dunno, I think we can beat anyone on our day but also lose to just about anyone as well. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would never have been a full Tynie today but even if there was 15k there do you really think it would have made any difference?  There’s never any atmosphere at these type of games anyway and the fans would’ve just got on the players’ backs with that kind of performance, might have been even worse!   How did it work out for us last season with 16/17k fans when we were at home for must win games v Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone, etc? The problems from last season still haven’t been addressed, particularly central defence as you say. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not at all. 

He seen cheap replacements that would come to us in the championship, during covid and a shortened season. 

He also got Gordon, Kingsley, Gino and GMS. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, sac said:

Aye but everyone else says he can gtf  but that’s ok

Wanting him out of the team is one thing, wanting him injured is out of order 

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A big part of the problem is it takes us far too long to move from defence to attack and get the ball effectively up the other end of the pitch. Lee was a part of that problem and wouldn’t have helped today. It’s players with the drive and determination of Ginelly that will help. 

Yup but there's something else going on. I think we underestimate teams, Billy Big Baws syndrome?

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

He seen cheap replacements that would come to us in the championship, during covid and a shortened season. 

Kingsley for me the jury is out defensively. Worried that he’ll get found out big time next season. GMS, good signing on paper but posted missing today and will need to do an awful lot more 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup but there's something else going on. I think we underestimate teams, Billy Big Baws syndrome?

Wouldn’t argue. 

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

I just don't get this - RN's approach seems to be to put the best players on the bench and bring them on 2nd half.   Why not start with the strongest team,  go out and dominate the opposition and get the game won?    If Gino lasted 30 mins or the whole 1st half it's surely better.    The lesser quality players then come on when the opposition are facing an uphill battle, and are tiring too.   Perhaps a sign of RN's mentality, I don't know.

Yep... sick of crap 1st half performances. It’s beginning to be a bit of a theme. Don’t know what their problem is but play the best team, as you say, from the first minute. This deciding to play when we’re 2/3 down is not good enough... and too much like last season. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

Aye OK. 

The three of them are doing a grand job. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep... sick of crap 1st half performances. It’s beginning to be a bit of a theme. Don’t know what their problem is but play the best team, as you say, from the first minute. This deciding to play when we’re 2/3 down is not good enough... and too much like last season. 

We should be able to 'manage ' our squad but we should really be able to put out a second eleven that knows how to compete. 

best in the land
22 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Add halliday to that 

maroonlegions
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Clutching at straws there.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

Cmon mate. You can’t blame Covid and a shortened season for those signings. If anything Covid made better players available and the shortened season is an irrelevance since they get paid all year round.

Our recruitment has been poor for years, not all of it Robbies fault by any means but he had literally months to get a squad together and he’s failed in 3 key areas. Central defence, wide midfield and up front.

pettigrewsstylist
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought Tynie was the problem as it was too intense for our last lot of wee lambs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s the central defenders. They are just way off being good enough imo. The only time we’ve looked solid for a few games in a row is when smith has partnered someone. Brandon injury probably puts paid to any chance of that. 

Looking more and more  like that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Cmon mate. You can’t blame Covid and a shortened season for those signings. If anything Covid made better players available and the shortened season is an irrelevance since they get paid all year round.

Our recruitment has been poor for years, not all of it Robbies fault by any means but he had literally months to get a squad together and he’s failed in 3 key areas. Central defence, wide midfield and up front.

Covid never made recruitment better ffs, we are missing out on millions and had relegation on top of that.

Our recruitment this season will see us promoted, that is all it needs to do.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye OK. 

The three of them are doing a grand job. 

Our squad are doing their job , they are top of the league.

Wouldn't say it was a grand job, although for 2 missed penalties I might have said they had done a grand job.

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We should be able to 'manage ' our squad but we should really be able to put out a second eleven that knows how to compete. 

Yes, SHOULD... but for some reason, most of the time, the first half is pathetic. Teams find it easy to thwart us... I wish, whilst in the Championship, we could just go 2 up front (4-4-2), IMO of course. We definitely struggle with our formation. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our squad are doing their job , they are top of the league.

Wouldn't say it was a grand job, although for 2 missed penalties I might have said they had done a grand job.

We ARE top and we WILL win it. But we shouldn’t be losing the games we’ve lost and we’re losing them meekly. Winning this league is NOT job done. It’s merely qualifying back to where we should be, and as it stands at the moment we’re miles off being ready for that. The big question is here - Do you trust Robbie Neilson to turn us back into a solid top six team - I don’t and there is good evidence why right in front of us.

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We ARE top and we WILL win it. But we shouldn’t be losing the games we’ve lost and we’re losing them meekly. Winning this league is NOT job done. It’s merely qualifying back to where we should be, and as it stands at the moment we’re miles off being ready for that. The big question is here - Do you trust Robbie Neilson to turn us back into a solid top six team - I don’t and there is good evidence why right in front of us.

It will be Robbies job done for this season. He has us third last time, so I'll give him the opportunity to build his own team and go from there.

If teams never lost to teams they shouldn't we would never beat the OF or win a cup- ever. Football isn't like that and if folk want to go in the huff after every loss against a team that shouldn't be beating us then they'll likely have little or no joy supporting Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yes, SHOULD... but for some reason, most of the time, the first half is pathetic. Teams find it easy to thwart us... I wish, whilst in the Championship, we could just go 2 up front (4-4-2), IMO of course. We definitely struggle with our formation. 

Without talking up a team I have no time for, Steven Gerard puts out a side that goes hell for leather from the whistle. He is operating in a league where  the difference in resources between Sevco and the rest except Celtic is even greater than us, but he doesn't mess about.

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you for real

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Without talking up a team I have no time for, Steven Gerard puts out a side that goes hell for leather from the whistle. He is operating in a league where  the difference in resources between Sevco and the rest except Celtic is even greater than us, but he doesn't mess about.

He also taken 3 years to get there......

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It will be Robbies job done for this season. He has us third last time, so I'll give him the opportunity to build his own team and go from there.

If teams never lost to teams they shouldn't we would never beat the OF or win a cup- ever. Football isn't like that and if folk want to go in the huff after every loss against a team that shouldn't be beating us then they'll likely have little or no joy supporting Hearts.

As we go backwards and backwards you keep saying the same things over and over and over again. Like a Budge stooge

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He also taken 3 years to get there......

His teams have always played like that, and I did say 'except Celtic'

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

I will be in the minority, but I don’t rate Kingsley. Good going forward and at set pieces... but a terrible defender. 

Their drive and movement from midfield was much better. Get ball, turn and drive into space. We haven't got the legs to do it ourselves or to stop other teams from doing it 

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We’ve definitely got the players to do this in the championship... Jim Jeffries used to do this with a 4-3-3. If we could get even 1 up early on, it would be enough to deflate most teams. Don’t know if RN is intentionally going for the cautious route early on,or if it’s an attitude thing... need it sorted out though. 

Horatio Caine
50 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Well, there was general approval of the starting 11 today, unlike last week.  At least last week we won and were never behind, unlike this week. 

20 minutes ago, shauncl said:

Are you for real

A commanding centre half,  a Colin Cameron type midfielder and a Kevin Kyle centre forward type and that should be the team complete 😂🇱🇻

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Okay, you carry on with 100% blind support for yet another manager with clear and obvious shortcomings, just like you supported the last 2 till the day they left. Neilson finished 3rd in a league without Rangers and without Hibs. So ahead of utter dross and behind the only 2 decent teams in the league. It was the minimum acceptable position that season and in amongst his first reign he facilitated a Hibs cup win and produced our worst ever result in Europe by a long way. Neilson doesn’t beat close rivals. Neilson is a shitebag manager 

Neilson is tactically inept

Neilson cannot motivate or manage senior professionals.

Neilson often signs huddies

And that’s just a few of his shortcomings.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay, you carry on with 100% blind support for yet another manager with clear and obvious shortcomings, just like you supported the last 2 till the day they left. Neilson finished 3rd in a league without Rangers and without Hibs. So ahead of utter dross and behind the only 2 decent teams in the league. It was the minimum acceptable position that season and in amongst his first reign he facilitated a Hibs cup win and produced our worst ever result in Europe by a long way. Neilson doesn’t beat close rivals. Neilson is a shitebag manager 

Neilson is tactically inept

Neilson cannot motivate or manage senior professionals.

Neilson often signs huddies

And that’s just a few of his shortcomings.

Well said 👏👏