*** Offishul Hearts v Raith Thread ***

upgotheheads

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Guaranteed he will say it though . . . . . AGAIN. 
Page 11 of the Levein book of the excuses, blame the ref is page 1. 

What has Levein got to do with today's result? 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I noticed this last season, everything that hits the target goes in. Gordon has ben far better, no doubt but the chances we give away seem to be clear cut and a goal.

It’s the central defenders. They are just way off being good enough imo. The only time we’ve looked solid for a few games in a row is when smith has partnered someone. Brandon injury probably puts paid to any chance of that. 

Just now, RoiK said:

Adebayo scored two goals today for Walsall. The second a header.

Probably that ship has sailed now,lose next two or drop more points it will be very difficult to sell a contract to a target.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

There is a very worrying apathy about the team until we concede.

There is a familiarity to every performance. If a team gets in about us we can't cope.

For every forward pass there are 2 or 3 backwards/sideways.

Boyce has shown that if he is running onto a cross he will score more often than not. Punting a ball to him deep with his back to goal is not his game. His first touch is poor but he can finish given the ammunition

We can't turn up expecting to stroll games. Games against us are like cup finals to every team we play. Our attitude SHOULD be the same. Most of these ***** are delighted that we were demoted.

I don't understand starting with players you KNOW aren't as good as the players on the bench. Ginnelly should be starting and coming off when the game's won

We're passive. We're slow. We lack fight and pride.

Robbie has to change it or we need someone in who can. I'm not a "Sack the manager" punter, certainly not when we're top of the league but we deserve better than we're being given and if RN can't sort them out then we need someone who can

We do start slow, this needs sorted but Tbh we should be able to start slow and not concede 3.

We should start faster but also be able to control a game at 0-0 and break teams down. 

We scored 2 v Raith at home and still got beat, clearly the defence is the issue. 

Boyce is another striker we seem to use the wrong way. 

Back to goal, 30 yards out - fire the ball at him. Wtf is he mean't to do?

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Bet they win though

Probably but at least they came out pressing from the start,no faffing about at the

back but very poor finishing. Jackson Irvine looks an excellent signing

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What has Levein got to do with today's result? 

Robbie's team plays just like Leveins.

He gives the same lame ass excuses as well, even though we all hoped that he would've come back in as his own man & used the shady shenanigans of the summer to get a team that had a fire & brimstone approach to any team that ckme up against us.

Sadly not

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

There is a very worrying apathy about the team until we concede.

There is a familiarity to every performance. If a team gets in about us we can't cope.

For every forward pass there are 2 or 3 backwards/sideways.

Boyce has shown that if he is running onto a cross he will score more often than not. Punting a ball to him deep with his back to goal is not his game. His first touch is poor but he can finish given the ammunition

We can't turn up expecting to stroll games. Games against us are like cup finals to every team we play. Our attitude SHOULD be the same. Most of these ***** are delighted that we were demoted.

I don't understand starting with players you KNOW aren't as good as the players on the bench. Ginnelly should be starting and coming off when the game's won

We're passive. We're slow. We lack fight and pride.

Robbie has to change it or we need someone in who can. I'm not a "Sack the manager" punter, certainly not when we're top of the league but we deserve better than we're being given and if RN can't sort them out then we need someone who can

Isn't starting  with Frear over Ginnelly just disrespectful to your opponents? I can start with a weakened line up and Bri g others on later to stretch their legs? I don't know what he is thinking?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Robbie's team plays just like Leveins.

He gives the same lame ass excuses as well, even though we all hoped that he would've come back in as his own man & used the shady shenanigans of the summer to get a team that had a fire & brimstone approach to any team that ckme up against us.

Sadly not

That's just Piss and wind. 

No substance. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

First half is a concern again. 

Really slow. 

Second half we could have scored 5.

The defending was just shite all round. 

Agree

3 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Probably but at least they came out pressing from the start,no faffing about at the

Yeh, kind of signing we could do with and a player that hadn’t kicked a ball for months went straight into their team during the week and seemingly played 70 mins!!

we sign a player like that and it takes them 8 weeks to get up to speed then they get the odd half!! 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s the central defenders. They are just way off being good enough imo. The only time we’ve looked solid for a few games in a row is when smith has partnered someone. Brandon injury probably puts paid to any chance of that. 

We seem to do strange things in defence, Kingsley for thier pk seemed more interested about his hands than a rally defending, noticed that with Popescu as well. 

I think GMS struggled defensively first half as well today-exposed 2 on 1 a lot and Frear is just shite Tbh. 

So that's raith, Dundee and dunfermline beat us, the three best teams in this league

I wonder how those teams compare to the likes of Hamilton and St mirren, I still think we'll win this league by a fair bit because these teams will drop points but there are question marks over this squad for me next season 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's just Piss and wind. 

No substance. 

Ach you can compare, no harm in that. Craig has come on on occasion and saw problems with a ref when more constant underlying issues were more relevant. Robbie may have done the same. It's pointless. The only messages that are needed are to his players and that should include about  unreliable officials. Little point moaning publically

13 minutes ago, RoiK said:

Adebayo scored two goals today for Walsall. The second a header.

That will put his price up 😅

That type of player is what ,imo,we need.

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is Tuesday's game on the BBC?

Unfortunately not :whistling:

To answer another question being asked earlier (Not you Pres), the reason we are playing Rovers on Tuesday is this is the game cancelled due to SC Cup Final

Lastly, we lost this game & others mainly due to lack of pace all over the park**, with the exception of GMS & Ginnelly on the wings. To quote an old saying "I've seen milk turn quicker!!"

** and contrary to our lack of pace, that's the quality our opponents have plenty of, especially a lot of youngsters playing up front or in midfield.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Some fantastic goalkeeping by MacDonald and a dodgy penalty. 

Not a good performance, but sense of perspective perhaps?

If we'd made no chances I'd be really worried, but we did.

A sense of perspective? Christ on a bike the very least we should be doing against the shite in this league is matching them for desire and hunger to get out of the league. We've hardly done that all season and I don't give a **** how we're on top. Neilson is a shite manager nowadays. He's turned into a complete clone of Levein. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Gorillajam said:

What’s your problem? 

You and your pish,I’m surprised you didn’t say he was offered 10 grand by your beloved Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You and your pish,I’m surprised you didn’t say he was offered 10 grand by your beloved Aberdeen.

Ha ha. Nice one. Ease up there son.

Edited by Gorillajam

A result and performance we’ll see now and again with this squad under Neilson. You never know when it’s coming but you know it’s nearby. Today was the day, there will be more of these.

Didnt want Neilson, still don’t want him and will dread going into next season with him in charge.

Tuesday a must win now or this train could fall off the tracks before we know it 

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

GMS was bollocks today. I hear he is on 6 grand a week too.

I thought he showed a couple of flashes of what he can offer. Give him the ball more often perhaps might help. Nowhere near the worst. Halliday on the other hand....

The Old Tolbooth

I got slated during the week for suggesting that Popescu and Berra are pish, well I’m going to add to that, Halkett is pish too! We actually don’t have a decent centre half at all, the three of them are nowhere near good enough for us, which is a shame because we have two cracking full backs! 

Don’t get me started on Andy ****in Halliday and that utter imposter Frear! Two absolute wage thieves! 

Who's the laddie who was looked at by spurs? Flatman was it? Don't see a better opportunity than now to give him some game time, he can't exactly do worse

6 minutes ago, BammyCammy said:

Are you pished or at the wind up do you watch the same game as other people Forgot to add smiths right boot ficking slaver

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I got slated during the week for suggesting that Popescu and Berra are pish, well I’m going to add to that, Halkett is pish too! We actually don’t have a decent centre half at all, the three of them are nowhere near good enough for us, which is a shame because we have two cracking full backs! 

Don’t get me started on Andy ****in Halliday and that utter imposter Frear! Two absolute wage thieves! 

If we moved Kingsley inside and Halliday to left back could it be any worse? Something needs to change shortly. Smith at centre half would be my preference but with Brandon injured we are snookered there. 

Our saving grace will be the fact that the teams round about us are constantly dropping points. Still no excuse though, uninspiring is an understatement. However if raith turn us over again on Tuesday then they’ll fancy their chances for the league 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we moved Kingsley inside and Halliday to left back could it be any worse? Something needs to change shortly. Smith at centre half would be my preference but with Brandon injured we are snookered there. 

He won't do it and may have good reason but you could pull Halkett to RB Smith and Kingsley centre and as you say Halliday to LB,though he would be lucky to get any game time.

Edited by Riccarton3

12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So that's raith, Dundee and dunfermline beat us, the three best teams in this league

I wonder how those teams compare to the likes of Hamilton and St mirren, I still think we'll win this league by a fair bit because these teams will drop points but there are question marks over this squad for me next season 

You can expect more defeats from this team. Until the manager gets them to apply themselves properly from the start of games more defeats will come. This will be a tight fight now to get out the league as all the other sides see how vulnerable we are and easy to score against. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Getting annoyed that Kingsley isn't getting any license to go and support. Been too occupied babysitting Berra for his pace. 

Overload the wings like Raith initially did to us (and we did eventually) and see what happens.

As good an idea as any. They had the impetus to do it from kick off and we were playing to their tune for too long today. Very disappointing. 

Wow really didn't expect to lose today! This by far our worst defeat of the season imo, Why on earth are we going 3 goals down at home to raith before we start giving a reaction? RN has to sort this out quickly or the majority of our fans will begin to turn on him, It has been clear as day that we have needed a better CB for a while now, we need more drive and urgency in midfield and need someone who can hold the ball up front.

There is serious work still to be done in the transfer market, We also have to stop the poor first halfs, can you imagine if we were playing the buns today, They would have scored about 10 in the first half alone, It's not good enough from the players or mr neilson! Get the finger oot hearts!  

Under Budge's tenure the clubs self-worth and sense of stature in the Scottish game is slipping away. Our peers right now are Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith - and in the most recent head-to-heads they're beating us. We are not a top-4 SPL club suffering from some freakish twist of fate, we are barely a top-16 club overall in the Scottish game at this moment in time, no matter what that table says. We all shouted long and hard at the injustice of the curtailed SPL season that saw us relegated with so many games to go, but I no longer believe that they would have saved themselves. The evidence is clear to me that it would never have happened - other clubs simply find the extra dig and motivation that perpetually eludes us now. The club simply isn't performing, it isn't punching it's weight, and even if we pull out of this and get back up, we could become the yo-yo club that we were in the late 70's/early 80's. At least you could get hammered before getting on the supporters bus, get hammered on the bus, and get hammered on the way back. 

"5 year plan" LOL.

Edited by Danny Wilde

17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What is this “normal Spark” that he’s talking about?

That's exactly what I thought! He is the manager, you would think he is watching the games?

Who remembers the abysmal season 1981-1982 in the old First Division.  Started under Tony Ford who was replaced by Alex McDonald.

Motherwell skooshed the title but Hearts were in 2nd place up until 3rd last game.  Got beat 5-2 at home by Dumbarton (???) meant a win at Killie would see promotion.  It ended up 0-0 which meant Hearts required a win in the last game at home against Motherwell.  A 1-0 defeat watched by a packed Tynie and another season in level 2.

I went into that season fully confident that we would win the league easily.  Great squad but shit team.  Losing 5-2 at home to Dumbarton when leading 2-0.

Lots of -0 wins that season, but many defeats by bottom feeder clubs:  Dumbarton, Queens Park, Clydebank, ES, etc. 

This season, more teams are prepared to slog out a draw, Hearts' defence is weak and poor at ball retention.

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The fact that Raith came out far more up for the game than us tells its own story. 

Not for the first time this has happened this season. 

Something is just not right at the club. 

That is what concerned me as it took us about seventy odd minutes to get going, which was probably helped by Raith running out of steam. I was not particularly enamored at his appointment but nevertheless happy to keep an open mind. He has been allowed autonomy in bringing in his own coaching team, which is a subjective decision on his part. I accept we had to adopt a new broom sweep clean attitude but I think Andy Kirk should have been retained in the coaching set up on the basis of some continuity. After the Dunfermline defeat his comment that our winning run had to come to an end sometime is not a mind set that I want considering the huge budget advantage we have over the rest.We have now lost one quarter of the 12 games played with the cushion of seeing our rivals dropping points to each other. Today was by far the worst performance of the season particularly the first half . Until the closing stages the attitude or lack of it should set some alarm bells off and there needs to be a big reaction on Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, gator said:

That's exactly what I thought! He is the manager, you would think he is watching the games?

He’s deluded mate!!! Winning a league that with the resources at our disposal he should be winning and tbh you or I would win this feckin league!!!

17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I thought he showed a couple of flashes of what he can offer. Give him the ball more often perhaps might help. Nowhere near the worst. Halliday on the other hand....

Supply GMS with the ball often enough and he will produce results.  Feeding him (and Ginelli) scraps is likely to produce little when Boyce is the target man.  Neilson needs to make some hard decision concerning his formation and starting players.

36 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Agree. They sign him and we get get Frear and Roberts 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, sac said:

Aye but everyone else says he can gtf  but that’s ok

But wishing an injury on a Hearts player is a disgrace 

3-0 for the Saints. Hard to tell this Hibs semi from every other Hibs semi where their fans are disguised as seats. 😆