*** Offishul Hearts v Raith Thread ***

upgotheheads

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Calm down to a panic. 

Raith won't win every game, and if they do they'll deserve the league. 

But they won't. 

No panic only providing a possible scenario.

They don't have to win every game only 2

Never said they were winning the league.

Think you need to quote what was said

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

7 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Some fantastic goalkeeping by MacDonald and a dodgy penalty. 

Not a good performance, but sense of perspective perhaps?

If we'd made no chances I'd be really worried, but we did.

get what your saying but chances only came last 20 minutes. The preceding 70 minutes are what’s pissing folk off. They were a disgrace.

dodgy penalty maybe , but he was allowed to run through far too easily and dodgy decision or not it was horrendous defending.

Edited by 1971fozzy

SectionDJambo

We were lucky not to be 3 down at half time. The players obviously thought they could stroll about. 
We had one man up front on his own. When they attacked they had players coming up both wings and 2 in the middle.

When we did get the upper hand late on Walker and Naismith miss great chances. Jamie Mac make a couple of great saves in the second half but that’s what he’s there for. We had to thank Craig Gordon for the penalty save.

To allow Raith Rovers to get an easy 3-0 lead anywhere, but especially Tynecastle, is shameful.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Agreed , however we aren’t making most of the chances until we gift the other team a few goals lead. If we start like we finish jobs a good un. All the good Hearts teams Iv seen always fly out the traps. We just don’t seem to have any motivation until its too late

Correct. Flying out the traps. The team cannot muster that desire and subsequent!y show it through their actions when the game starts. It's not even a marginal. It is glaring as if we expect teams to be paassive

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, JamboPete said:

3rd goal was a clear handball

Dubious penalty for their 2nd goal

MacDonald with 2/3 great saves

Hit woodwork 1/2 times

Wasn’t our day but do agree that the 1st half performance was not good enough.

Masterful understatement in the last sentence.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

It’s worth pointing out that excluding Berra, every single one of our defence (who before today I’d have thought to be premier league quality) committed a Sunday league error.

Kingsley for the first pen. Smith skinned for the second. Popescu touch then Halkett skinned for the third. 

Also think Smith or Halkett sclaffed a clearance leading to the corner for the first.

The defence is a major problem.

Yeah, a bad day all round at the back Tbh. 

For the first hour not one of the players representing our club were fit to wear the jersey , not one . 

We’re not good enough to give teams a 3 goal start , attitudes need to change from the management down through the team , starting with the fact we barely got out the traps . 
****ing pick up the pace and go at these teams , showing them far too much respect . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

This is where myself & 99.9% of the rest of the guys I know are.

It’s where all the PHM are at pal 

Just now, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Yes, every single player.

Gordon conceded 3 goals, including one that went through his legs.

aye ok

1 minute ago, John Blair said:

I get it. The performance was shite. But you need to put a bit of perspective on the whole game right now. Yes the players are well paid for the privilege of wearing the maroon jersey. And yes, there are some imposters who need cleared out. But the squad are not immune to the circumstances of the world right now. Playing at an empty Tynecastle is just one part of that, and it doubtless makes a huge difference. We’re still top of the league. We’ll still win the league. Relax ffs. 

Simple answer is........our opponents experience exactly the same circumstances. Not sure there is a valid point there

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Expected. Sadly, expected.

We are run by a woman who has no ****ing clue about football.

What can go wrong?

:facepalm:

Is she even attending games just now? 

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Some fantastic goalkeeping by MacDonald and a dodgy penalty. 

Not a good performance, but sense of perspective perhaps?

If we'd made no chances I'd be really worried, but we did.

A sense of perspective? We’re in the championship ffs. We barely won a game last season. Everything at the club is set up to accept shite like this. I don’t care how shite Hearts were years ago or folk should stop overreacting. The same folks were saying this under Levein. The mentality at the club seems to be its all about taking part that counts. 

They say a team matches a manager’s character. Slow, boring and dull. 

It’s because Berra and Halkett are slow to get going then are having to react because the players who want the ball are always caught out when they don’t move the ball quickly enough. We rarely play ball in front of our attackers so they always have their back to goal. Oh and we give game time to Frear🥴

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Not as embarrassing as your post about Berra, you utter sad act. 

👍

6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think Raith are 9 behind with 2 in hand, beat us on Tues win their games in hand they are level.

This league is far from over

Team P GD Pts
1   Hearts 12 18 27

2   Dunfermline 12 7 21
3   Dundee 12 2 20
4   Raith Rovers 10 11 18

5   Morton 12 -4 16
6   Ayr 12 0 14
7   Queen of Sth 13 -11 14
8   Inverness CT 9 3 12

9   Alloa 12 -16 8

10   Arbroath 12 -10

A re-run of Livi 5-0. If Budge had acted as she should have then, we would not be where we are today. Forget Doncaster and the SPFL for a minute. This is purely how we are run and due to AB non action then we have suffered ever since. If Stendal had kept us up ( and he made his mistakes) it would have been a miracle such was the shambles we were in. Strangely she acted to quickly and got shot of DS, and not very nicely either. If she had calmed down and not panicked  as she did, I'm sure we could have negotiated a new contract with DS for the Championship season, then after promotion back to his previous one. The fact he did not take a salary for a while shows money was not his main motivation. Is she going to delay the inevitable or is she going to act now. In fact what is Daniel Stendal doing at the moment. In fact the only 2 times in the last 6 seasons I felt we might actually watch same entertaining football was under Cathro and Stendal. 

maroonedinbriz
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Smith kicks his leg - ITS A PENALTY!!!

If Smith did kick him why did he not end up by the advertising hoardings? Everything else he kicked today ended up there. I like him but he had a total shiter today.

2 minutes ago, John Blair said:

I get it. The performance was shite. But you need to put a bit of perspective on the whole game right now. Yes the players are well paid for the privilege of wearing the maroon jersey. And yes, there are some imposters who need cleared out. But the squad are not immune to the circumstances of the world right now. Playing at an empty Tynecastle is just one part of that, and it doubtless makes a huge difference. We’re still top of the league. We’ll still win the league. Relax ffs. 

Then what happens when we do get promoted and we're playing teams that have similar, higher or much higher wage budgets than ours? Just relax?

jambogirlglasgow
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I know, I've deleted it. I'm pissed off and got carried away. 

Good luck with that defence in the High Court.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

No panic only providing a possible scenario.

They don't have to win every game only 2

Never said they were winning the league.

Think you need to quote what was said

OK, we might also beat them, be well clear and Raith will continue to drop points and  to other teams. 

How many scenerios are we providing? 

8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Maybe Ginnelly's not fit enough to last 90 minutes. I'm sure that Neilson, like us, can see he's a better player than Frear.

So put him on from the start... Frear not an answer. 

Just now, gedster said:

Simple answer is........our opponents experience exactly the same circumstances. Not sure there is a valid point there

I suppose my point is that we are coping with it reasonably well, as we are top of the league. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

As annoyed at that result as I am, we must be the only support to be raging at the manager when top of the league by six points.

If he was 6 clear on perhaps. But hes not. But lucky they have a chance to redeem in a few short days.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

7 minutes ago, Skinny Milinkovic said:

"worse than rape" shut up you moron

Think it was a joke pal 
We all toil to get words/sayings to find for how bad frear is. It’s the closest I’ve heard 

been here before
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neilson must be shitting it on Monday morning.  He may only get one custard cream with his pot of tea with Ann Budge.

Pay for your stream today or just leech an iffy link from elsewhere as per?

Edited by been here before

OK, we might also beat them, be well clear and Raith will continue to drop points and  to other teams. 

How many scenerios are we providing? 

There are many, was only providing one.

Feel free to provide your own, as many as you like obviously👍

1 minute ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Out the league cup to part time Alloa, beat by Dunfermline, Dundee and now Raith (at home).

Absolutely unacceptable.

Yet some happy clapper types see no issues there........

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Frear is poor. 

Loses the ball often and lots of moves break down because of him. 

His crossing is actually decent, but he's just very poor overall. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

To wait till your 3-0 down at home to start playing is a disgrace. And I’m being generous by saying we started playing after going 3-0 down. By the time we’d actually started playing it was too late. That being said Naismith should of scored twice. The header off the bar and at the very end when he stabbed is shot straight at McDonald. Either side it’s a goal. But he’s not to blame for this. The blame is with all of them. The management the team they all let us down today. Genuinely if we don’t win our next two games we could be in serious trouble. On a day when we could have been 10 clear of Dundee and 9 clear of Dunfermline too. How we’re starting games is a real worry. As far as I can remember the only game we’ve started well this season was game 1 against Dundee. And that’s a worry. Because our defence is poor and when we go behind we’re not responding. I don’t think we’ve actually managed to come from behind and win a game yet this season? 

I hope im wrong and this is just another shock blip. But that’s 3 blips in a shortened season. Dunfermline have only lost once. If we don’t sort out our attitude going into these games we’re going to lose a fair few more before the end of the season. The only positive is we have a chance on Tuesday for a quick response. Let’s just hope we actually win.

8 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think Raith are 9 behind with 2 in hand, beat us on Tues win their games in hand they are level.

This league is far from over

Correct, I hadn't worked that out but hopefully they won't win them all. We really need to win on Tuesday now but don't ask me how we'll do it as I've no idea.

BTW, if no one has mentioned. Raith have not kicked a ball in over 3 weeks. The entire team has just spent 10 days in the house with covid/isolating and only trained once. 

Absolutely shameful. Our defence is a sham. Every time an opposition team has an attack they more or less score. 4 out of the 5 are internationals ffs. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I just don't get this - RN's approach seems to be to put the best players on the bench and bring them on 2nd half.   Why not start with the strongest team,  go out and dominate the opposition and get the game won?    If Gino lasted 30 mins or the whole 1st half it's surely better.    The lesser quality players then come on when the opposition are facing an uphill battle, and are tiring too.   Perhaps a sign of RN's mentality, I don't know.

Corstorphine Jambo

Last time in the Championship, my clearest memories are of a fantastic partnership in midfield. You could argue Irving is doing the Gomis bit, but nobody is coming close to doing the Bauben bit. Plenty more issues at the moment but that’s the one key difference for me

6 minutes ago, John Blair said:

Nonsence. An amateur team would put more effort in. No excuses. 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Good luck with that defence in the High Court.

See how it pans out. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Calm down to a panic. 

Raith won't win every game, and if they do they'll deserve the league. 

But they won't. 

Still think they should get priority vaccinations because it’s good for our mental health? 😉

quockerwodgerjambo
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

A re-run of Livi 5-0. If Budge had acted as she should have then, we would not be where we are today. Forget Doncaster and the SPFL for a minute. This is purely how we are run and due to AB non action then we have suffered ever since. If Stendal had kept us up ( and he made his mistakes) it would have been a miracle such was the shambles we were in. Strangely she acted to quickly and got shot of DS, and not very nicely either. If she had calmed down and not panicked  as she did, I'm sure we could have negotiated a new contract with DS for the Championship season, then after promotion back to his previous one. The fact he did not take a salary for a while shows money was not his main motivation. Is she going to delay the inevitable or is she going to act now. In fact what is Daniel Stendal doing at the moment. In fact the only 2 times in the last 6 seasons I felt we might actually watch same entertaining football was under Cathro and Stendal. 

The amount of pain we have accumulated bleed through to us fans, the way we are handing over money as everyday supporters and benefactors deserves a lo better. i am beginning to understand where some posters are coming from, there are no excuses to suffer the type of defeat we got today. Al talk and no action, as i said the league table will show us at the top. I mention that is all that matters in sarcasm.

Nowhere near good enough.

HHGH

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

There are many, was only providing one.

Feel free to provide your own, as many as you like obviously👍

We'll win the league with a good bit to spare that is my only prediction just now. 

😉

First half we got an object lesson in how to pass the ball by Raith. They were quicker, up for it and well marshalled. We were the opposite. Our play is characterised by backward passes, general lack of concentration and lack of effort.

Skinny Milinkovic
1 minute ago, Barney bulge said:

Think it was a joke pal 
We all toil to get words/sayings to find for how bad frear is. It’s the closest I’ve heard 

Are jokes not supposed to be funny? It's in extremely poor taste. 

We'll win the league with a good bit to spare that is my only prediction just now. 

😉

Tuesday?

4 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Out the league cup to part time Alloa, beat by Dunfermline, Dundee and now Raith (at home).

Absolutely unacceptable.

We have been grim for several months now.