Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Some probably aren’t but most probably are. I sit in front of one of them at Tynecastle unfortunately 🙄

Probably right. I know at least two serial “runners down” of the club.  That said there are a few real trolls on here who obviously have a huge amount of malice for us.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I reckon we could upgrade the middle of the park without much trouble. Irving included.

Folks getting bored about how this is dragging on and on and on....

Allowayjambo1874
14 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I reckon we could upgrade the middle of the park without much trouble. Irving included.

Care to mention a few centre mids in Scotland that would be an upgrade and that are within Hearts pay scales?

I love people that say this , constantly saying we can do better than x, y or z player and very often the next player in is the opposite, dug shite and a downgrade. 

Perfect example this season, we can do better than Moore, Morrison & Henderson and we bring in Roberts and Frear 🤦‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Care to mention a few centre mids in Scotland that would be an upgrade and that are within Hearts pay scales?

I love people that say this , constantly saying we can do better than x, y or z player and very often the next player in is the opposite, dug shite and a downgrade. 

Perfect example this season, we can do better than Moore, Morrison & Henderson and we bring in Roberts and Frear 🤦‍♂️

I didn't realise our only market was Scotland? But I'll leave that to our Sporting Director, thanks all the same.

54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I didn't realise our only market was Scotland? But I'll leave that to our Sporting Director, thanks all the same.

This. 

11 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Folks getting bored about how this is dragging on and on and on....

I suspect this is only dragging on and on and on within JKB. In the real world it is probably quite a common timescale for contract negotiations. For example, Kingsley's contract was being discussed on here for months before a deal was signed.

It's amazing how it's always the clubs fault. In days gone by Irving would be the villain in this story. Bottom line is if he wants to sign he can, if he thinks he can get a better offer than Hearts then see you later big man! History tells us not many youngsters leave Hearts and go on to bigger and better things.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

It's amazing how it's always the clubs fault. In days gone by Irving would be the villain in this story. Bottom line is if he wants to sign he can, if he thinks he can get a better offer than Hearts then see you later big man! History tells us not many youngsters leave Hearts and go on to bigger and better things.

It's a forum for discussion. Where no one has the inside line on how the club operates. Apparently I could be a Hibs fan because I suggest our Sporting Director look at our player management at all levels. Just in case it can be improved

17 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Which parts of the team have we ever upgraded without much trouble? From goalie to striker the evidence of the last few years (and long before) is if you've got a good player do your best to hang on to him. 

In fairness the only reason we've had trouble with upgrades/replacements is because for years the scouting system has been horseshit. There's been quite a few players at other clubs the last few years that have done the business for their team and we've either not shown an interest even if they've been pretty consistent right in front of us or the scouts are not doing what they're paid for. I'd like to see Irving re-sign and carry on his improvement but if he decides he's wanting away then that's up to him. He stays, great, he goes....meh, there are loads of midfielders out there IF we recruit correctly. I won't lose any sleep if he does go.

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's a forum for discussion. Where no one has the inside line on how the club operates. Apparently I could be a Hibs fan because I suggest our Sporting Director look at our player management at all levels. Just in case it can be improved

How true. :biglaugh: Join the club as the very same has been thrown at me numerous times.

14 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I suspect this is only dragging on and on and on within JKB. In the real world it is probably quite a common timescale for contract negotiations. For example, Kingsley's contract was being discussed on here for months before a deal was signed.

Exactly 👍🏻

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Neilson and Savage met with his agent on Wednesday apparently, fingers crossed it is sorted shortly

Robbie lying in the press AGAIN, eh?!

::troll::

And he’s not praying!
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Neilson and Savage met with his agent on Wednesday apparently, fingers crossed it is sorted shortly

Only to offer him less than was previously offered. Which was less than he’s already on.

13 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Only to offer him less than was previously offered. Which was less than he’s already on.

I've heard he's been offered pay as you play deal.

But he pays us.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
19 hours ago, jambonian said:

In fairness the only reason we've had trouble with upgrades/replacements is because for years the scouting system has been horseshit. There's been quite a few players at other clubs the last few years that have done the business for their team and we've either not shown an interest even if they've been pretty consistent right in front of us or the scouts are not doing what they're paid for. I'd like to see Irving re-sign and carry on his improvement but if he decides he's wanting away then that's up to him. He stays, great, he goes....meh, there are loads of midfielders out there IF we recruit correctly. I won't lose any sleep if he does go.

That's the point though mate. IF the recruitment is correct. It has been proven over the years that it is difficult to replace good players with players of equal or better quality, that goes for any club at this level. I'd much rather go with the known quantity in Irving, and at least try for a bit of continuity in the squad.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

The club should be putting a deadline on this. If Irving has a better offer from elsewhere then good luck to the lad. Hearts will have to plan without him and bed in a new midfield set up ready for next season.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I've heard he's been offered pay as you play deal.

But he pays us.

A pity we didn't have Damour on the same deal.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The club should be putting a deadline on this. If Irving has a better offer from elsewhere then good luck to the lad. Hearts will have to plan without him and bed in a new midfield set up ready for next season.

I think they already did. 

StevenNaismith

This would already be done if it wasn’t for the agent 🤬 Starting to look unlikely as there’s a few teams down south interested who blow us out of the water wages wise. 

If he signs he signs, if he leaves he leaves. I haven't been even slightly upset by the departure of any player since Colin Cameron.

Objectively for his own career I think he would be better staying at Hearts and getting games, as for every Ryan Fraser there is a Jordan McGhee.

4 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

That's the point though mate. IF the recruitment is correct. It has been proven over the years that it is difficult to replace good players with players of equal or better quality, that goes for any club at this level. I'd much rather go with the known quantity in Irving, and at least try for a bit of continuity in the squad.

So would i but it's up to Irving in the end.

The point is though that recruitment isn't as difficult as some think. Wage-wise we are on a par if not better than most clubs in Scotland. I remember watching McGinn standing out for St Mirren and thinking he'd be a great addition to Hearts. He ended up at Hibs! Shinnie strolled the Aberdeen midfield, Greg Docherty also at Hamilton at the time and he ended up at Rangers, and not for the better. Same with Glen Kamara at Dundee. He also ended up at Rangers and that's just a few. There are others. The most recent player that impressed me when he played is Jamie McGrath at St Mirren. Alan Campbell at Motherwell as well so do we go in for them (if the manager wanted them) or do we stall any interest and just let certain other clubs jump in ahead of us which is about the norm? Hopefully Savage can do a much better job that his predecessor and not just concentrate on lower English clubs though. There are players on our own doorstep to check out as well.

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So would i but it's up to Irving in the end.

The point is though that recruitment isn't as difficult as some think. Wage-wise we are on a par if not better than most clubs in Scotland. I remember watching McGinn standing out for St Mirren and thinking he'd be a great addition to Hearts. He ended up at Hibs! Shinnie strolled the Aberdeen midfield, Greg Docherty also at Hamilton at the time and he ended up at Rangers, and not for the better. Same with Glen Kamara at Dundee. He also ended up at Rangers and that's just a few. There are others. The most recent player that impressed me when he played is Jamie McGrath at St Mirren. Alan Campbell at Motherwell as well so do we go in for them (if the manager wanted them) or do we stall any interest and just let certain other clubs jump in ahead of us which is about the norm? Hopefully Savage can do a much better job that his predecessor and not just concentrate on lower English clubs though. There are players on our own doorstep to check out as well.

I am not so sure this will happen as his knowledge is currently more about what is available in England. Not to say that won't change of course but his network of contacts are mostly down south.

Edited by wavydavy

28 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

This would already be done if it wasn’t for the agent 🤬 Starting to look unlikely as there’s a few teams down south interested who blow us out of the water wages wise. 

If that is the case what kind of development fee are we due for him ?

Edited by steve123

Just now, wavydavy said:

I am not so sure this will happen as his knowledge is currently more about what is available in England. Not to say that won't chnage of course but his network of contacts are mostly down south.

Fair enough but coaches/managers/scouts should also be picking a game when we're not involved, going to games and keeping a keen interest in who's doing what at other clubs. That's how it worked in the past so hopefully Savage is working to look more local as well now that he's in Scotland. If not then we may lose out on potential targets to certain other clubs if we're not quick enough.

How's my driving
19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

If he signs he signs, if he leaves he leaves. I haven't been even slightly upset by the departure of any player since Colin Cameron.

Objectively for his own career I think he would be better staying at Hearts and getting games, as for every Ryan Fraser there is a Jordan McGhee.

I would say that for every Ryan Fraser there's at least 2 Jordan Mcghees

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Fair enough but coaches/managers/scouts should also be picking a game when we're not involved, going to games and keeping a keen interest in who's doing what at other clubs. That's how it worked in the past so hopefully Savage is working to look more local as well now that he's in Scotland. If not then we may lose out on potential targets to certain other clubs if we're not quick enough.

I would hope that he has his scouting team checking out all the up and coming talent in Scotland as well as elsewhere. 

Given that he has spend the majority of his time in this sort of role down south then I would imagine that his first go to when looking for players will be through his already established network of contacts, agents etc.

I am sure he will be expanding that network in Scotland but it takes time to build new contacts etc.

Just look at the latest signings we have made and where those players have played.

On your last point unfortuantely it is not always about how quickly you get in there to try and sign a player. Often they have a preferred club they want to go to or another club offers a better deal which is not always just about money but I get your point.

9 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

I would say that for every Ryan Fraser there's at least 2 Jordan Mcghees

Indeed I can't think of many who have gone down south under freedom of contract as relatively inexperienced players, that have made it.

35 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I'm the same. He's a really good player with huge potential but if he wants to leave then he will go with my best wishes.

NEXT!!!

On 11/02/2021 at 08:22, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Yeh but who picked frear and Roberts?

I certainly wouldn’t have tbh.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I was gutted when Rudi left!

41 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh but who picked frear and Roberts?

I certainly wouldn’t have tbh.

To be fair to Robbie here this was before Savage came on board. I think we all know that these two were a bit of panick signings as he diodn't rate what we had already.

It looks as if the standard has stepped up since Savage came onboard although eraly days yet.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

To be fair to Robbie here this was before Savage came on board. I think we all know that these two were a bit of panick signings as he diodn't rate what we had already.

It looks as if the standard has stepped up since Savage came onboard although eraly days yet.

It does look better I agree but he kept picking them even after some woeful performances!! there’s no excuse for that or we can’t blame the late arrival of savage for that.

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It does look better I agree but he kept picking them even after some woeful performances!! there’s no excuse for that or we can’t blame the late arrival of savage for that.

I agree. I wasn't making excuses for Robbie just pointing out that the recruitment seems better since Savage came onboard.

I felt sorry for Moore as he was no worse than those two although he never really got a chance with Robbie

Poor tonight (admittedly he wasn't the only one) but he really needs to show a great deal more on a consistent basis if he wants a decent contract.

Might get dropped now. McEneff and Halliday can cover and perhaps move the ball quicker. 

It would be a strong vote of confidence if he keeps his place. 

Luxury player, can't defend, can't tackle, poor in the air and has no pace. Haring is a far better player and will be needed much more in the premiership than Irving

He was useless tonight. Needs dropped for next match. Thinks he's too good for Hearts and needs a reality check. 

Good player but still much to learn in the game. Think all the hypes gone to his head

Hope hearts take a couple hundred quid of their offer after the last two outings. Most over hyped hearts player I’ve seen in my life. Sideways, backwards, sideways, shite tackle, repeat.

Brian Fantana

He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, or the majority of fans think he is. Cannot play when pressured at all and is incapable of playing at pace. Sideways or backwards almost every time, except when he's got no one near him and he'll play a 30 yard ball. 

McEneff has showed far more positive traits for a centre mid. Balls to feet almost every time, driving forward after making the pass in case of a return ball. Too often Irving plays a ball and looks like he thinks it's job done. 

Irving on current form is barely a championship midfielder, never mind one good enough to get to top half or European qualification. 

They had 2 attacks first half that both came from Irving losing the ball, both could have cost us. He is a luxury player, who, when up for it is good otherwise he's pretty damn average. Would he get a game for most Scottish premier teams - No. Would he play in many English Championship teams - No. If he doesn't want to sign then bye. Move on. 

Edited by Big Moysey
Error in Player name

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )