Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hearts want it done because they need to make the call on replacements too. 

I do think Andy will sign, think he’s took a bit of time to mull it over and he will surely come to the same conclusion as all of us. He has a lot still to prove at Hearts and is getting a great chance in the first team which will continue next season. Staying here is in his best interests. 

But as above, we need a yes or no now. I’d be telling him that if stalling continues beyond the next week or two, it’ll be interpreted as a “no” and the offer will be revoked and we will be forced to move on and enter talks with other midfielders agents. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Gimme an H...
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Irving has had like what 8-10 good games in his hearts career and people are wanting us to offer him thousands 😂

So how long do we wait to offer him thousands? 30 games? 40 games? Newsflash - he's out of contract by then. We have to bite the bullet. And before anyone jumps down my throat I don't mean put a blank cheque in front of him... 

Whether we like it or not we have to be paying at least the going rate for a highly rated 20 year old that's only going to get better. There's experience boys in our team being paid way over the odds for what they offer compared to Andy. 

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I see Anthony McDonald is back from Spain and now on a short term contract with Inverness. I hope Andy is taking note. 

Different situation I would say, McDonald decision was made as he was surplus, we want to keep Irving, not sure it should all be played out in press mind.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Different situation I would say, McDonald decision was made as he was surplus, we want to keep Irving, not sure it should all be played out in press mind.

That is Irving will have loads of options.

42 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

So how long do we wait to offer him thousands? 30 games? 40 games? Newsflash - he's out of contract by then. We have to bite the bullet. And before anyone jumps down my throat I don't mean put a blank cheque in front of him... 

Whether we like it or not we have to be paying at least the going rate for a highly rated 20 year old that's only going to get better. There's experience boys in our team being paid way over the odds for what they offer compared to Andy. 

No one has a clue what the club have offered him. Apart from the club, his agent and Andy himself. So there’s no point speculating as to what’s on the table.

Further, we don’t know how easy the agent is to negotiate with and what his demands are.

The going rate for a highly rated 20 year old at Hearts is different to the same going rate at clubs in England or for example the arse cheeks. So it’s difficult to apply a one cap fits all type approach, in that regard. 

Andy hopefully realises he’s at a great club where he will continue to get game time and develop. If he stays on for a couple more years and keeps developing, he’ll surely be aware of the possibility of a big money move. 

Hope he stays. Either way, I suspect the club will want clarity to help them plan for next season. 

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Absolute shite. 

you can tell that after only a 30 minute sub appearance?

Yes,do you have a problem with that? And less of the talking s****!

Indeed,watched his play closely,passing was excellent awareness

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

So now that you have been proved as being, to be kind,mistaken, maybe you will be good enough to stop posting rubbish 

How has that been proven ? His info is 100% correct. 

Edited by Dazo

I want to keep him, and would like to see him crack on and maybe bring in a transfer fee in the next couple of seasons, but only if the wages are right. We can only offer what we can offer at the end of the day and if that's not enough for him, then that's up to him and he can move on at the end of the season with my best wishes. He's a good player, but he's not so good that he's absolutely irreplaceable.

Quote from an article today in the EEN.

We put an offer to Andy again and we're waiting for a response on it,” the Hearts manager Robbie Neilson told the Evening News. “Joe spoke to them again the other day and we are waiting to hear their thoughts on it.

“We want to try and get this done as quick as we can but ultimately it's in the hands of the agent at the moment.

“That's what happens in football: We go, they go, we go back, they go back, and eventually you get there. We are just waiting to hear back now. We've chased it again because it's been quiet but we want it done.”

Hearts have given Irving a place in the starting line-up in their last five matches as he is now an integral part of their side. He was again impressive during Friday night’s 1-0 win against Ayr United at Somerset Park.

I hope Andy accepts. I think the development fee could be an obstacle to any Scottish club looking at him, so his only real option would be to leave Scotland for either England, where I think like most Scottish youngsters he'd find it tough and if it doesn't work it will stall his development.  Alternatively, Europe, perhaps Italy, Spain or Portugal, where there will be culture shock which could hinder his development. 

Yes, I could not be more biased, but I do think Hearts for the next couple of years to test himself in the top flight is the best place for him. Thing is, the club need a 3 year+ deal, as we won't be able to keep him for another round of contract negotiations. If he signs a 2 year deal, he could have one good season then run his contract down/ club not be able to maximise his value which renders keeping him pretty pointless. 

StirlingJambo
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How's it a screw up by Hearts ? We've offered contract but the player needs to want to sign it

If we let him go and get nothing it’s a screw up. Along with the other academy players that have left for nothing over the years for nothing..Hickey aside 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

So now that you have been proved as being, to be kind,mistaken, maybe you will be good enough to stop posting rubbish 

The last thing I am going to say on this. The club are telling lies. No counter-offer, no second contract offer and no phone call to his agents on Thursday. If the club are trying to paint Andy as the villain then it is only going to end one way. Why the club are behaving like this who knows. It certainly wouldn't make me want to sign. It is actually disgraceful behaviour. Andy has been open to a new contract and the figures some are quoting are laughable. Only one party has behaved properly in this and it ain't the club.I could say more, but I'll keep my counsel. Finally, my source is impeccable.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

If we let him go and get nothing it’s a screw up. Along with the other academy players that have left for nothing over the years for nothing..Hickey aside 

How's it a screw up ?? If we offer contract and a player doesn't accept what can the club do? 

Weakened Offender

I would prefer him to sign as he has looked decent at this level and has potential to become a good player. I'm not overly worried. A number of young players have failed to agree terms with the club in recent years and moved on. I can't think of one where I've thought that we'd really lost out and I'm not too worried about Irving being one that got away. 

3 hours ago, Chaps said:

Jordon McGhee wasn’t very good and vastly overrated.

Proven with the teams teams he’s played for.

I’m personally not convinced Irving will go on and exceed anything he could do at Hearts. Maybe similar to Jason Holt. 

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

The last thing I am going to say on this. The club are telling lies. No counter-offer, no second contract offer and no phone call to his agents on Thursday. If the club are trying to paint Andy as the villain then it is only going to end one way. Why the club are behaving like this who knows. It certainly wouldn't make me want to sign. It is actually disgraceful behaviour. Andy has been open to a new contract and the figures some are quoting are laughable. Only one party has behaved properly in this and it ain't the club.I could say more, but I'll keep my counsel. Finally, my source is impeccable.

I'm not sure who to believe, the club, new sporting director and the manager who has kept Irving in the first team or some random guy on the Internet who wants to heavily criticise the club whilst keeping his counsel. 

8 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Who's gone on to bigger things ?

StirlingJambo
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How's it a screw up ?? If we offer contract and a player doesn't accept what can the club do? 

Offer him the right amount. We don’t know how much his agent is asking for but I doubt it’s top earner at hearts. Doubt it’s even as much as Damour is on. Offer him the right amount and we will get a decent transfer fee for him in a year or 2.

StirlingJambo
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who's gone on to bigger things ?

Doesn’t matter if they’ve went on to bigger things.

There’s players that have left that we could've got a fee for. 

2 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Doesn’t matter if they’ve went on to bigger things.

There’s players that have left that we could've got a fee for. 

Lots of players never seem to attract a significant transfer fee during their whole career these days. Who were you thinking about?

StirlingJambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Lots of players never seem to attract a significant transfer fee during their whole career these days. Who were you thinking about?

Patterson of the top of my head. Nicholson as well. Your right though all ifs and buts. 

I haven't got involved in this thread but my own thoughts are of two things. Either Hearts are taking the pish or Andy Irving is taking the pish.

What i mean by that is that if Hearts have offered him a decent contract then there's not a lot the club can do if he refuses to sign it. No-one knows if it's a vast improvement on his current one or something similar. If it is a vast improvement then  you have to ask who does Irving think he is. I'm sure he'll know (give or take) what money some of his team-mates are on. Imagine if he knew what the likes of Halliday or Frear is on and he's been offered less? I'd be pissed off with the club as well in that instance. If he's offered more than them and he refuses to sign then Irving thinks he's better than he is. 

Irving's position in the team is probably one of the easiest to replace. Good strikers and good defenders are hard to come by, midfielders....ten a penny.

Ideally he signs a new contract and continues his development when he steps back up again to Premier next season. That's the time for him to be judged, not Championship. If development continues it could mean a nice wee transfer fee for the club which is what the youth academy is supposed to be about anyway. If he doesn't sign a new contract then he goes with our best wishes to continue his career. He is pretty replaceable but again the club loses out. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Offer him the right amount. We don’t know how much his agent is asking for but I doubt it’s top earner at hearts. Doubt it’s even as much as Damour is on. Offer him the right amount and we will get a decent transfer fee for him in a year or 2.

Who's to say he hasn't been offered a good contract but he doesn't want to sign because his agent has advised him not too? We shouldn't be offering any player a blank cheque though , if he wants to stay he'll stay and if his minds made up to go he'll go and that's not clubs fault

40 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Sad news if what your saying is correct,no reason to disbelieve you.I hope things will be sorted out between the agent and the club, ultimately it's down to the player where he wants to be,he is still learning as a player,Hearts will give him that opportunity,better staying and continue to grow as a player.

12 hours ago, Sid said:

Hearts made an offer. Robbie publicly invited him to make a counter offer. You are saying he hasn’t. If that is true, he should sack his agent. His agent is employed to negotiate the best deal and, from what you say has not done his job. 

Very difficult to know the truth but you are claiming the only engagement has been

1.  Hearts make an offer. 
2.  Irving turns it down. 

It was put in the public domain some time ago that Robbie asked for Irving’s representatives to make a counter-offer. Robbie has repeated that today that the way it works (and sounds pretty reasonable) is an offer is made. If not acceptable, a counter offer comes back and it goes back and forward. Robbie has put to print that this has been happening. 
You are saying this is a lie, but your version of what has happened sounds implausible as it stopped with ball firmly in Irving’s court and he/his representatives have not responded with a counter offer.  But, he is being treated unfairly?  
I repeat my comment. Does his agents expect a first offer to be acceptable first time or all bets are off?  I would not be looking at Hearts or Irving as the issue but would be looking at the agent (are you the agent?). 

On 29/01/2021 at 13:23, I.T.K said:

I think Savage is about to cock this up. The first offer comes in short of the mark, and no new offered given. Despite what Bazza writes. If Hearts aren't interested in being serious, I wouldn't blame him to start listening to other offers.  

Despite the criticism I got, I standby what I posted before.

It appears there's some disconnect between what Barry is reporting and what Andy has actually been offered! Which is still not a lot.

Ball is with Savage to make a serious offer!  

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Hes not that highly rated, only got 1 Scotland U’s cap. He is certainly over rated by Hearts fans no doubt about that. Just because we pay Steven Naismith X doesn’t mean we therefore must pay Andy Irving the same X as well. We don’t have to bite any bullet, if he wants too much money just move on to the likes of McEneff who has just been called up to his senior international team. That’s the quality level we are able to bring in from the transfer market. How’s Irving’s international prospects looking? He’s 2-3 years and 100+ Hearts games away from a cap, at least. And even then he’d have to be absolutely phenomenal to mix it with the real highly rated Scottish midfielders his age, Turnbull, Gilmour, Ferguson, Campbell. 

The comparison with Jason Holt is probably the best one in the thread, or maybe the likes of Liam Henderson after he was at Hibs. Could be that he may feel he can emulate what Henderson has done in Italy and become an obscure mid table Serie B player.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Sid said:

Very difficult to know the truth but you are claiming the only engagement has been

It was put in the public domain some time ago that Robbie asked for Irving’s representatives to make a counter-offer. Robbie has repeated that today that the way it works (and sounds pretty reasonable) is an offer is made. If not acceptable, a counter offer comes back and it goes back and forward. Robbie has put to print that this has been happening. 
You are saying this is a lie, but your version of what has happened sounds implausible as it stopped with ball firmly in Irving’s court and he/his representatives have not responded with a counter offer.  But, he is being treated unfairly?  
I repeat my comment. Does his agents expect a first offer to be acceptable first time or all bets are off?  I would not be looking at Hearts or Irving as the issue but would be looking at the agent (are you the agent?). 

No, he isn't agent. He is random punter on Internet acting as if he has inside knowledge when he clearly doesn't. Says his source is impeccable,but I checked and nobody at club called that, (joking obviously). 

Why would anyone believe him over club, and why on earth would club lie? 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hes not that highly rated, only got 1 Scotland U’s cap. He is certainly over rated by Hearts fans no doubt about that. Just because we pay Steven Naismith X doesn’t mean we therefore must pay Andy Irving the same X as well. We don’t have to bite any bullet, if he wants too much money just move on to the likes of McEneff who has just been called up to his senior international team. That’s the quality level we are able to bring in from the transfer market. How’s Irving’s international prospects looking? He’s 2-3 years and 100+ Hearts games away from a cap, at least. And even then he’d have to be absolutely phenomenal to mix it with the real highly rated Scottish midfielders his age, Turnbull, Gilmour, Ferguson, Campbell. 

The comparison with Jason Holt is probably the best one in the thread, or maybe the likes of Liam Henderson after he was at Hibs. Could be that he may feel he can emulate what Henderson has done in Italy and become an obscure mid table Serie B player.

Far too sensible for here. We need to offer him whatever agent wants because he's next 'fill in random world class player'. 

He signs, we move on, he doesn't sign, we move on. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

sad if true but if your source is impeccable you're either Andy Irving and joined kickback when you were five, or you are a close family member am i close. :whistling:

11 minutes ago, Sid said:

I know what you mean by the agent's involvement. Ultimately though, it's up to Irving and Hearts to sort it out themselves. Agents are only good for one thing...lining their own pockets. I may be way off the mark here but who's to say that Hearts and Irving are happy with the money/contract on offer and it's the agent who wants more so he can get a bigger cut for himself? "No Andy, don't sign it. Let me tout your name about all over the place"  

(whispers under his breath to himself "to benefit me in particular")

As i say, agents are only good for one thing, lining their own pockets. Andy would be quite entitled to tell him to do one if he really wanted.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Far too sensible for here. We need to offer him whatever agent wants because he's next 'fill in random world class player'. 

He signs, we move on, he doesn't sign, we move on. 

Even Holt and Henderson, ok it’s a semi-decent comparison but they both had 20 odd Scotland youth caps apiece as well. That’s the type of pedigree which clubs at decent levels see as a minimum standard. Irving has done absolutely brilliant to turn it around in the last 2 years where Cochrane had previously looked streets ahead of him, and now he’s managed to win himself an offer from Hearts despite being well well down the pecking order for his age group internationally. He should be grabbing his chance to play for Hearts in the Premiership with both hands and catch up to these guys like Ferguson and Campbell.

The worry for me on this is that this is the sort of thing that allegedly went on when CL was around. We have a new Coach and Sporting Director which would indicate to me that the problem assuming there is one ( and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying) lies elsewhere within the club. Perhaps it is with those that sanction/approve the amount of money on offer to players and the current two don't have the same clout as the previous Manager/SD in this area.

I'll go with our manager rather than a random on kickback if that's OK with you 

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I know what you mean by the agent's involvement. Ultimately though, it's up to Irving and Hearts to sort it out themselves. Agents are only good for one thing...lining their own pockets. I may be way off the mark here but who's to say that Hearts and Irving are happy with the money/contract on offer and it's the agent who wants more so he can get a bigger cut for himself? "No Andy, don't sign it. Let me tout your name about all over the place"  

(whispers under his breath to himself "to benefit me in particular")

As i say, agents are only good for one thing, lining their own pockets. Andy would be quite entitled to tell him to do one if he really wanted.

What would be the point in having an agent if the player does the talking directly with the club?

I don't doubt that Agents are always eager to line their pockets but that is how they earn their living trying to get the best deal for their clients.

Utter pish

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry for me on this is that this is the sort of thing that allegedly went on when CL was around. We have a new Coach and Sporting Director which would indicate to me that the problem assuming there is one ( and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying) lies elsewhere within the club. Perhaps it is with those that sanction/approve the amount of money on offer to players and the current two don't have the same clout as the previous Manager/SD in this area.

So our manager is lying?? How can you have no reason to doubt a total stranger on here but doubt our manager, who has publicly stated we have made more than one offer. I just don't understand our so called fans on here 

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So our manager is lying?? How can you have no reason to doubt a total stranger on here but doubt our manager, who has publicly stated we have made more than one offer. I just don't understand our so called fans on here 

It's actually quite incredible that people have no reason no doubt a random slaver on the Internet over someone who played 200 matches and had managed about 100 matches for the club. 😁

Edited by Weakened Offender

It is plausible that with a new 'regime' in place (ie. new personnel for exactly this type of thing)... that some agents are still trying to 'barter' the type of way we used to operate (ie. CL era)?

Who knows?... there does seem to be something not right here though, it's gone on too long with virtually nothing being played out in the press except these last comments by RN. Kinda looks to me that he's telling Andy (or his agent) to get off the pot?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What would be the point in having an agent if the player does the talking directly with the club?

I don't doubt that Agents are always eager to line their pockets but that is how they earn their living trying to get the best deal for their clients.

I don't disagree.

As long as they are actually looking out for their clients then that's fine. There are some reputable agents out there as well as sharks who don't care what move they get their clients as long as they get the biggest cut they can for themselves and have no interest in their clients welfare. 

What i am saying is that if Hearts and Irving are both happy with the contract on offer (we don't know if this is the case or not) then it doesn't matter what the agent says or does. There have been plenty players that have fallen out with their agents over the years through one thing or another, pushing their clients to clubs they maybe don't want to be at, taking a bigger percentage than they should and various other stuff more than likely. Like i say, it's ultimately up to Andy and Hearts to agree, with or without agents. Never needed them years ago. First one i ever remember was that Bill McMurdo erse and there's been dozens, probably hundreds since. Never heard of agents much before that, weren't needed.

58 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Sad news if what your saying is correct,no reason to disbelieve you.I hope things will be sorted out between the agent and the club, ultimately it's down to the player where he wants to be,he is still learning as a player,Hearts will give him that opportunity,better staying and continue to grow as a player.

No reason to disbelieve what he is saying? Every reason to doubt it in my opinion.What would Hearts gain out of going to the media and making stuff up?If we want to keep him then they wouldn't lie as this would be disrespectful and would seriously jeopardise any deal.If we didn't want to keep him then offer a contract comparable to his current one and tell him to like it or lump it and need an answer straight away.If they are trying to make it look as if they are keen on retaining him to appease the fans then you only have to look at this thread to see that many fans don't care if we keep him so not exactly a move to quell any unease.Finally, i hope they keep him.

I can't see why Robbie would lie about it, and there's nothing wrong with Irving going back and forth with his agent to find a better package. Thats contract negotiations. Until such time the club demand a defintive yes/no so that they can move on, he's entitled to negotiate his contract. This could be his biggest contract in his career. Hopefully it's not, but the vast majority that come through the hearts academy go onto smaller clubs. Andy's shown great progress in the past few years but nothing is guaranteed in football.  

And just to update, Joe Savage has this morning contacted Irving's agents wanting to discuss. This is what should have happened rather than stuff being put out into the papers for the last couple of weeks that was untrue and that paints Irving in a bad light. The club allowing this to happen to a more than decent lad is just not right. All contract negotiations should have remained private and only one party has behaved professionally and correctly in this.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

And just to update, Joe Savage has this morning contacted Irving's agents wanting to discuss. This is what should have happened rather than stuff being put out into the papers for the last couple of weeks that was untrue and that paints Irving in a bad light. The club allowing this to happen to a more than decent lad is just not right. All contract negotiations should have remained private and only one party has behaved professionally and correctly in this.

Well they’re not exactly going to be remaining private if you’re an itk insider that’s leaking the details of the talks online eh. Nobody believes the pish you’re spouting, you have no credibility.

Phil D. Corners
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If anyone’s lying in this whole situation it is guaranteed to be the agent. 

What’s the agent done wrong except agree with Andy that the only offer was below expectations. 

Bold accusations. 

Phil D. Corners
22 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Like it or not... this is what was communicated to me. 

Buzzbomb is spot on. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )