*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

As dreadful as the line up is, it still should be good enough to be beating Alloa.  

Just like the LC game......

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A manager succeeds or fails by his decisions. Let’s hope he has decided right today. 

It's the roll of the dice.

Hes gone for pace and I can see why, Alloa back line and slow and cumbersome however that front line is pretty powderpuff. 

If there's a time for these boys to step up its now, let's see..

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

maybe giving some of these players  a last chance saloon game

In a game we must win to keep good daylight between ourselves and the rest. Crazy imo 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Is that team for real? 🤣

:leveinproblem:

Yep, if some obvious hobo interloper had come on here and put it up as an i.t.k. exclusive they would've been laughed off the forum. Unfortunately, it seems it's kosher. If that starting line-up puts in a good performance and sets us up for a win I'll be astonished; delighted, but absolutely astonished. Here's hoping for astonishment...

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A manager succeeds or fails by his decisions. Let’s hope he has decided right today. 

This. We need to click quickly and score early and be at least 2 up by halftime otherwise the fans will boo the manager off the park!!!

Seriously though, alloa worked bloody hard and we have afew slackers in that lineup.

No faith in Robbie but an ugly win is the best I think we are getting.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Is the Alloa pitch a frozen shit tip, & he's not wanting all the injury mob not playing on it...?!

I miss Wighton.

Is he injured? If not, then surely the fact he isn't on the bench must mean he's offski?

Silver linings and all that...

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Possibly keeping Naismith, Haring and Boyce off a plastic pitch?

Pleased to see Henderson start. Not convinced by Roberts and Frear. Two good wingers waiting in the wings if needed.

As always, Robbie knows what he's doing and why. Even ahead of the collective wisdom that is Kickback.

:biglaugh:

So much responsibility for Irving. Unfairly so because we have no midfield. Just him today. Whist Walker, Frear and Roberts wait for things to happen for them. Lots of running about though for Hendo. Get after that son! 

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, chazza74 said:

Poor selection, last chance saloon for frear and roberts imo 

ANOTHER last chance FFS!

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Hes gone for pace and I can see why, Alloa back line and slow and cumbersome however that front line is pretty powderpuff. 

If there's a time for these boys to step up its now, let's see..

Assume he's sounded out Paul Hartley on how to score three.

Is this game available to live stream? Can't see the usual link on the Hearts website.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Alloa will be in our faces and will kick and bite all game.

we put 3 of the biggest shitebags I’ve seen in our starting 11!!! Frear, Roberts and Walker!! You could also Chuck Henderson into that I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Here we go again - Robert’s and Frear FFS! Slow start - hand the initiative to the other team - goal down - then Neilson brings on the players he should have started with to rescue the game!

One of these days he will start his best players and blow the home team away in the first half! 

I actually thought given the strength of the bench, that Roberts, Walker, Frear and Henderson would press high and run themselves into the ground for 45 minutes and would be replaced at half time by Ginnelly, Naisy, GMS and Boyce. Probably wishful thinking. 

Italian Lambretta
Just now, williamgerrard said:

Scumdee game off

This would be good news as long as we win. Puts pressure on them with fixture pileup

Not the team I would have picked but I'll save any complaining until the game is over. He's taken a chance with that team and I hope works for him or he's open to massive criticism. 

Mon the Hearts.

Frear, Roberts and Walker in the same team ☹️......none of who I’d want in the trenches or when the going gets tough.   Hope they do the job as with the COVID context every single game matters.   

Edited by Gmcjambo

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Henderson does deserve a chance. Putting Roberts and Frear on the wings when he gets a start isn't giving him much of a chance though.

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would have been fairer on him to play him with some first choice players supporting him up front. 

8 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Never a good chance when the 'chance' is given in a rather weak team selection. I'd even go as far as to say it's somewhat unfair on both Frear and Roberts, too, to, more than once, give them their 'chance' both in the same lineup.

So, got some excuses already lined up for him then. Good stuff. 

He is starting the game today so you should watch him and judge him by exactly the same standard you judge Frear and Roberts. He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt just because he’s a guid Hearts laddie. All 3 of these second string guys have been given their opportunity today, they’ve trained together for months, they should know each other’s game enough by now. So they should all 3 of them be held accountable for their performance in the same way. 

But in saying all that I hope all 3 of them take their chance to play well, and get the supporters on side. Or at least hopefully one of the 3 of them will show some form of desire / goal threat

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Says something when the only player on the bench, apart from the goalkeeper, who wouldn't improve that team is Popescu - and even he might be better than either Frear or Roberts. Whatever the reason, whether injuries or concern over the pitch, it's pretty worrying if that's the best we can put out.

Psychedelicropcircle

45 mins of huffing & puffing then pull the quality off the bench, might tune in from the 2nd half onwards 😤

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Is this game available to live stream? Can't see the usual link on the Hearts website.

There will be one floating around here. Won't be official though.

scott herbertson

Excellent team. Can't wait

I predict a riot

4-1 to us, with Walker, Roberts, Frear and Henderson all chipping in with a goal apiece

Ex member of the SaS

Ok playing devil's advocate for a minute, maybe he's thinking that due to a crap artificial pitch be doesn't want to risk our top players. This team should be good enough, but Robbie is taking a huge risk. I have always supported him, but if we don't get three points today then I will be seriously miffed.

Have said from the start we MUST be well clear and I mean WELL clear as they could call the league at any time. Three points or we may just have to stay in this league for another season and that would be a disaster.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I actually thought given the strength of the bench, that Roberts, Walker, Frear and Henderson would press high and run themselves into the ground for 45 minutes and would be replaced at half time by Ginnelly, Naisy, GMS and Boyce. Probably wishful thinking. 

Walker running himself into the ground. :rofl:

Dundee game on according to local ref this morning. Actual ref turns up and declares a patch of icy grass, game off. Ayr Utd say they’ve travelled all this way and want game to go ahead. Dundee talking to SPFL (hopefully not by email) to delay the ko. 

Feel that RN just doesn't rate Wighton. His 'F***** h***' no happiness reaction at his brilliant goal v Raith said it all. Not in his plans despite scoring regularly,yet sticks with Frear and Roberts who have contributed virtually nil to our season so far. BAFFLING! 

A damning verdict on how poor Popescu is with Berra not being dropped after the Dundee performance. We need to get a decent CH in. 

Edited by Shug73

11 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Possibly keeping Naismith, Haring and Boyce off a plastic pitch?

Pleased to see Henderson start. Not convinced by Roberts and Frear. Two good wingers waiting in the wings if needed.

As always, Robbie knows what he's doing and why. Even ahead of the collective wisdom that is Kickback.

We’re not good enough to keep players off plastic pitches and in any case it’s almost certain that they’ll be brought on at some stage so that negates that arguement.

That team is nothing like our best available 11. 

Play them from the start, get the game put to bed early THEN take them off if needs be. Christ even the JKB arseholes can see that as a better more positive option

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Dundee game on according to local ref this morning. Actual ref turns up and declares a patch of icy grass, game off. Ayr Utd say they’ve travelled all this way and want game to go ahead. Dundee talking to SPFL (hopefully not by email) to delay the ko. 

use a hairdryer on it

Edited by Hearts007

9 minutes ago, Paolo said:

As dreadful as the line up is, it still should be good enough to be beating Alloa.  

Our last one didn’t 

Maroon Sailor

What's the deal with Lewis Moore? Robbie has completely frozen him out since he returned yet he did well under Stendel

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably need to bring them all on when we start getting beat. 

lost in space
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

What's the deal with Lewis Moore? Robbie has completely frozen him out since he returned yet he did well under Stendel

Neilson didnt sign him - so goes with the duds he did sign.