*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Ginnelly not match fit risking bring him on rather than starting him for an hour 

Naismith has issues on surface 

Haring not fit and been total pish for weeks 

Boyce just back from injury not fit 

Popescu - must be worst trainer at club to not be getting picked ahead of Berra.

Mckay Steven not match fit 

which of those should have started ? 

So why are they on the bench?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

I wonder what Llawell promised Dundee if they added to the chaos?   

Never thought of that angle!

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Not risking your best players is bullshite. It’s complacency again but I hope we get away with it. It seems to be a Hearts excuse these days.  

The best teams in Scotland would put their best out for an important league match. 

See what happens. If they’re suffering from knocks or he’d rather not risk Naismith or others on this pitch then, as long as we win, I don’t really mind. Wouldn’t mind him explaining it in his after match chat. 

7 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Ginnelly not match fit risking bring him on rather than starting him for an hour 

Naismith has issues on surface 

Haring not fit and been total pish for weeks 

Boyce just back from injury not fit 

Popescu - must be worst trainer at club to not be getting picked ahead of Berra.

Mckay Steven not match fit 

which of those should have started ? 

A half for mackay Steven would be better than frear and Roberts combined.

a half fit Boyce better than Henderson.

walker has as many issues as Naismith injury wise so I’d go with the latter if given the choice.

39 minutes ago, Paolo said:

As dreadful as the line up is, it still should be good enough to be beating Alloa.  

Should be is our problem when we play away from home. Today is a really important game for quite a few players and Neilson.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how he will make a footballer.

He won’t make it at hearts. We seriously lack pace though and at least he has that. 

Strange to see this lineup but the younger and less played guys need played as well. Bit unusual considering we need this win but nonetheless hopefully a positive result and they'll be more confident going forward.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Glad to see Henderson getting a chance. Thought he looked quite lively off the bench at Dundee. Definitely has energy.

I like Hendo. He needs to be a bit sharper and anticipate things better but coukd easily argue that comes with a) experience and b) match sharpness you only get by playing regularly

He's been a touch unlucky with a couple of finished where he's done the right thing, maybe try to lift it past the keeper and it's just a fraction out. Perhaps his next chance he should just put te foot through, just concentrate on connection.

Rooting for him today. Frankly, if he kicks on, we've got a good option in him.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how he will make a footballer.

He won't. 

Neither will that comedy duo, Frear and Roberts. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Wtf is this pile of pish he’s picked today? Does he not realise that we need to stay top of the league in case it gets called? He leaves five players on the bench that should be in the starting eleven, and if we lose today and Dundee edge in front of us in the league, even if we have games in hand, then it puts us in a very perilous position as these corrupt *******s have previous for calling leagues when teams have games in hand, I’m totally baffled by this team selection! 

We are 5 points ahead of them and 4 points ahead of Dunfermline. The Dundee game is off today so even if we lose we still top the league.

Just now, kila said:

Well that is a B Team line up in parts, but against the mighty Alloa I'm sure they'll do the job. If not...

I said the same thing as you the last time we were here with a stronger team.👍🏻

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Any streams on the go?

I’m keeping an eye on hesgoal. Our games been appearing quite late. Someone had a link to a vipleague stream on page 6 or 7 of this thread. 

If these guys can't rip alliance apart then that's them binning themselves 

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not risking your best players is bullshite. It’s complacency again but I hope we get away with it. It seems to be a Hearts excuse these days.  

The best teams in Scotland would put their best out for an important league match. 

I don't think is complacency. There really is no excuse for these players. I am meaning Frear, Halliday, Roberts and Walker. I assume NeIlson has spoken about who has to link with who on the pitch with energy and drive. But I don't think these players get it. He obviously believes they can do it though there has been no evidence for weeks. Has he somehow got through to them?

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, TheBigO said:

I like Hendo. He needs to be a bit sharper and anticipate things better but coukd easily argue that comes with a) experience and b) match sharpness you only get by playing regularly

He's been a touch unlucky with a couple of finished where he's done the right thing, maybe try to lift it past the keeper and it's just a fraction out. Perhaps his next chance he should just put te foot through, just concentrate on connection.

Rooting for him today. Frankly, if he kicks on, we've got a good option in him.

I think anyone with pace and energy gives us another option at the moment. Can’t see him making it long term but in the championship he could do well enough. 

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

For starters, by playing in part of a game.

How about starting game and coming off after an hour. ? No ? It’s better if you come on when we’re struggling and we really desperately need something from someone who wasn’t match fit enough to start. 

Anyway. Cmon Hendo Frearo and Robbo. My face is ready for egg and CM has already made a reminder to say GIRUY when we win 4-0 !!!

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I wonder what Llawell promised Dundee if they added to the chaos?   

A glamour friendly against Celtic?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’m keeping an eye on hesgoal. Our games been appearing quite late. Someone had a link to a vipleague stream on page 6 or 7 of this thread. 

Cheers mate, if you find one give me a shout 👍

53 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Irving Halliday 

Roberts.  Walker    Frear

Henderson 

Midfield to front is horrific when seen written down like that. 😔

For anyone considering paying Alloa to watch this. Stand firm. Don't forget.

Paying them to watch Hearts is akin to buying your kids shoes from Jimmy Saville.

All imo of course

1 minute ago, Independence said:

Jeez, so many KB managers out today. 

I don’t think you need to be a manager, any fan who’s seen us this season can tell there’s a few on that team sheet who don’t deserve to wear it.

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Midfield to front is horrific when seen written down like that. 😔

hope I’m wrong but I agree. Hearts of mice in Frear, Roberts and Walker

Just now, TheBigO said:

For anyone considering paying Alloa to watch this. Stand firm. Don't forget.

Paying them to watch Hearts is akin to buying your kids shoes from Jimmy Saville.

All imo of course

😂

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Who's making excuses? I'm saying what I would always say when players, young or old, are given a 'chance' in a very weak team, and I'm not going to say after the game that it was unfair to play them if it means their Hearts careers are damaged, but what I am saying is that these players are not being given a 'chance' because three's too many to carry at any level. The thing is, if any one of them has a good game today, it won't mean they've proved a thing or earned a place in the team, for none of them have previously shown enough to suggest it would be any more than their one good game.

My concern, anyway, is not for their careers (though that is important) but for the fact that we are starting the game with three potential passengers, and only one attacker with any sort of scoring record (Walker). We have to win the league this season, and you don't win leagues by repeatedly giving players, who repeatedly don't make a contribution, 'chances'.

The excuse is, it’ll be frear and Roberts fault if Henderson is shite and a complete dead end up front failing to get a shot on target - he’ll get given the free “guid hearts laddie” pass. All 3 of them have their opportunity today to take matters in their own hands and show they can offer something, and all 3 should be judged to the same standards for their performance. If none of them can score or assist vs Alloa I’d transfer list all 3 of them tomorrow. Henderson made his debut 4 ****ing years ago and has never scored. So I will hold him JUST as responsible as I will Frear and Roberts. But one things for sure, the buck stops with Neilson on this one, big gamble in terms of the fans reaction. This team has got to show something today, the torches and pitchforks are out

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think anyone with pace and energy gives us another option at the moment. Can’t see him making it long term but in the championship he could do well enough. 

Yeah that's probably how I see him too. You never know though, everyone develops differently. The lad might grab a chance and run with it, sometimes it just seems to click. Ya neva know!

Captain Sausage

Walker pish. 
Henderson pisher. 
Roberts even more pisher. 
Frear pishest. 

If we win, it’ll be without any attacking players (i.e. an Irving long range shot or a Kingsley free kick). 

20 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Is this safe? What do I need to do re signup?

No need to sign up. Just close the pop ups.

I can’t make any safety guarantees on a football stream but I’ve never had any issues 

scott herbertson

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Halliday 

Irving 

Roberts. Walker    Frear

Henderson 

4-1  

Roberts Walker   Frear     Henderson

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Wtf is this pile of pish he’s picked today? Does he not realise that we need to stay top of the league in case it gets called? He leaves five players on the bench that should be in the starting eleven, and if we lose today and Dundee edge in front of us in the league, even if we have games in hand, then it puts us in a very perilous position as these corrupt *******s have previous for calling leagues when teams have games in hand, I’m totally baffled by this team selection! 

This.

Nelly Terraces

If Mackay-Steven isn't off the bench for either Frear or Roberts after 20 minutes then my flabber would be totally gasted!