• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I’ve used this the last couple times but the quality was the worst I’ve ever seen on a stream. 

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

No. Mulraney wants your £12 so isn't giving any coverage to Hearts TV. And yes he can whistle for it.

He not getting enough in America playing for Atlanta?!

Very annoying in all seriousness. I may pay for it though 😢

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hes gone for pace and I can see why, Alloa back line and slow and cumbersome however that front line is pretty powderpuff. 

If there's a time for these boys to step up its now, let's see..

Then let’s hope we have a strong ref.

Frear and Roberts shouldn’t be in the same team at 5’s.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I’ve used this the last couple times but the quality was the worst I’ve ever seen on a stream. 

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

No. Mulraney wants your £12 so isn't giving any coverage to Hearts TV. And yes he can whistle for it.

Horatio Caine

Hmm...I guess it's a case of wait and see how this pans out.  However, how often in the past has this board gone into meltdown when the team has been revealed, only to end up being pleasantly surprised.  Let's hope this is one such occasion.

(straw grasping post btw..)

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re not good enough to keep players off plastic pitches and in any case it’s almost certain that they’ll be brought on at some stage so that negates that arguement.

That team is nothing like our best available 11. 

Play them from the start, get the game put to bed early THEN take them off if needs be. Christ even the JKB arseholes can see that as a better more positive option

Totally agree. I mean what even is Robbie's best 11? I honestly don't know. Far too much rotation. It's not as if we're playing 60 games this season. 

We *should* have enough today but it doesn't fill you with confidence. 

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Robbie may think so. But he wants to be seen as being the boss. 

Is he the boss if top players are telling him they don’t fancy the pitch and he is weakening the team to accommodate them ? just wondering out loud. I know Naismith at least doesn’t want to play on them usually.

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Its fekin tragic.  Beggars belief he’s putting that team out

It’s like starting with 2 sent off in Frear and Roberts!!! Henderson not much better. It’s not as if these guys have not had chances. They have had chances to play and offered absolutely nothing. What a stupid gamble to take when a win puts us well clear at the top. 

29 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

maybe giving some of these players  a last chance saloon game

Given that the league could get called at any moment that would be beyond incompetent. Jesus did we collectively learn nothing from the St Mirren debacle last season... 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just in from my socially distant 9 holes, and saw the line up

:wow:

Has to be an explanation,  just has to be 

If Robbie's tactic was too surprise the opposition then he's probably achieved that!

Look forward to containing Alloa for 60 minutes then going for it 😂😒

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Who's making excuses? I'm saying what I would always say when players, young or old, are given a 'chance' in a very weak team, and I'm not going to say after the game that it was unfair to play them if it means their Hearts careers are damaged, but what I am saying is that these players are not being given a 'chance' because three's too many to carry at any level. The thing is, if any one of them has a good game today, it won't mean they've proved a thing or earned a place in the team, for none of them have previously shown enough to suggest it would be any more than their one good game.

My concern, anyway, is not for their careers (though that is important) but for the fact that we are starting the game with three potential passengers, and only one attacker with any sort of scoring record (Walker). We have to win the league this season, and you don't win leagues by repeatedly giving players, who repeatedly don't make a contribution, 'chances'.

Not only do we have to win the league we need to be leading by a good few points with this null and void threat hanging over us!

6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

This not on hearts tv international? 

No mate. It's an away game, only some teams let us stream them. Namely when they don't have their own stream.

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

not a penny to those self interest clubs. no chance

Just now, Thomaso said:

So don’t pick your strongest team just in case..........🙄

Out of context!   I was making the point that to play your recently injured players on that pitch, with history of niggles may be the reasoning, and it was suggested that we start with strongest team and take them off so they don't get injured, if the game was still tight, would be worse than doing it this way round.

If you don't want to risk your best players on that pitch, seriously, what is the best way to handle it?  That's the context.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Not only do we have to win the league we need to be leading by a good few points with this null and void threat hanging over us!

Which is why I am so much against the idea of giving players a 'chance'. Of course, it may well be that there's no choice, in which case they are not in there for their own sakes or getting a 'chance'.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Out of context!   I was making the point that to play your recently injured players on that pitch, with history of niggles may be the reasoning, and it was suggested that we start with strongest team and take them off so they don't get injured, if the game was still tight, would be worse than doing it this way round.

If you don't want to risk your best players on that pitch, seriously, what is the best way to handle it?  That's the context.

Our next 3 games away are on Astro so do we just play all the shite players then also!!! 
Get the best players on the park and win the game FFS this is definitely coming back to bite us. 

Ginnelly not match fit risking bring him on rather than starting him for an hour 

Naismith has issues on surface 

Haring not fit and been total pish for weeks 

Boyce just back from injury not fit 

Popescu - must be worst trainer at club to not be getting picked ahead of Berra.

Mckay Steven not match fit 

which of those should have started ? 

Let's face it, if Roberts, Frear and Walker can't up their game against Alloa, it's game over for them.

Even if Robbie chose the team half cut last night, it should still have enough to beat this lot. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Just now, Elmo said:

Ginnelly not match fit risking bring him on rather than starting him for an hour 

Popescu - must be worst trainer at club to not be getting picked ahead of Berra.

All of them. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Elmo said:

I'd start with 10 men rather than have Frear

Just now, GinRummy said:

All of them. 

So watching Haring giving a goal to Dundee inspired confidence he should be playing next game ? 

The guys selected need to do the Job or they have no future at the club we still have 5 international players starting.

2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Our next 3 games away are on Astro so do we just play all the shite players then also!!! 
Get the best players on the park and win the game FFS this is definitely coming back to bite us. 

The next game is how many days extra for those returning from injury?

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If you are negative in the Levein/Neilson mould then that’s the best way to handle it.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Phew!  How to manage your team!!!

Just now, Elmo said:

So watching Haring giving a goal to Dundee inspired confidence he should be playing next game ? 

The guys selected need to do the Job or they have no future at the club we still have 5 international players starting.

I wasn’t being serious folks. Should have added a smiley. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I wasn’t being serious folks. Should have added a smiley. 

For me to miss irony is inexcusable!

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

How do you suppose players get ‘match fit’ ?

Not risking your best players is bullshite. It’s complacency again but I hope we get away with it. It seems to be a Hearts excuse these days.  

The best teams in Scotland would put their best out for an important league match. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Dundee game defo off?

I wonder what Llawell promised Dundee if they added to the chaos?   

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

How do you suppose players get ‘match fit’ ?

For starters, by playing in part of a game.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Glad to see Henderson getting a chance. Thought he looked quite lively off the bench at Dundee. Definitely has energy.

Energy yes but missed a one on one with Jack Hamilton - hopefully if he gets a chance he will take it.

The Old Tolbooth

Wtf is this pile of pish he’s picked today? Does he not realise that we need to stay top of the league in case it gets called? He leaves five players on the bench that should be in the starting eleven, and if we lose today and Dundee edge in front of us in the league, even if we have games in hand, then it puts us in a very perilous position as these corrupt *******s have previous for calling leagues when teams have games in hand, I’m totally baffled by this team selection! 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Glad to see Henderson getting a chance. Thought he looked quite lively off the bench at Dundee. Definitely has energy.

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how he will make a footballer.