*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

GMS got a dull one from Halkett in training as others have said. Head knock and a burst lip. He is fine to play today tho. 

Gordon 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

kingsley 

Irving 

Halliday 

Ginnelly 

Naismith 

GMS

Boyce

Really interested to see how we perform today as this will be the closest to our full strength team as we’ve had all season. 

0-4. Boyce 2, Halkett, Naismith. 

That's the line up I'm hoping for. Bringing in GMS and Gino being available suddenly gives us the right players to have a good 4-2-3-1.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We should easily beat a team second bottom, who've conceded 25 goals in 11 games.

But it's Neilson and its away from home. So a draw is maybe best we can hope for.

Maybe try being a fan rather than a smart arse

Last night I felt like I could never be interested in watching Scottish football again. This morning I'm more up for this game than any since the Hibs game.

Lets get right into them!

Edited by Hungry hippo

18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Maybe try being a fan rather than a smart arse

I'm being realistic. Our away form this season is unacceptable. 

14 hours ago, neilnunb said:

If we lose twice in  season to bloody Alloa then serious questions need to be asked ffs.

Have to agree but i think 2-0 for us😏

42 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We should easily beat a team second bottom, who've conceded 25 goals in 11 games.

But it's Neilson and its away from home. So a draw is maybe best we can hope for.

Nothing less than 3points.

54 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I am expecting another Dundee performance

Don't cross the halfway line in the first half and try not to lose goals.

2nd half our midfield might get in the same half as our Strikers.

Seems to be Robbie's way.

God I hope I am wrong.

Hoping for 

Gordon 

Smith 

Halkett 

Berra 

Kingsley 

Gino 

Haring 

Irving 

GMS 

Boyce 

Naismith

14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

"THIS" season?  Don't let your prejudice get in the way of the fact that the last time we had a decent away record was under this manager.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Surely Levein's fault! Oh wait! Give it a break.

Give RN a chance ffs. Aye, we should be playing better away from home but he’s just in the door, we’re top of the league and he’s publicly said he’s working towards a more attacking style. Why the negativity. 

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

"THIS" season?  Don't let your prejudice get in the way of the fact that the last time we had a decent away record was under this manager.

Whats my prejudice? We're struggling to beat Championship teams away from home, usually losing. 

Previous seasons in a more difficult league are incomparable. We should be walking this league but we're not and that's unacceptable.

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not bad at Hampden and with a little bit of luck, we have not had for years, we would have won the Scottish Cup this year. Neilson did stop H1b5 winning it this time. Thanks Robbie, great memories as was the Championship winning season - never to be forgotten. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Whats my prejudice? We're struggling to beat Championship teams away from home, usually losing. 

Previous seasons in a more difficult league are incomparable. We should be walking this league but we're not and that's unacceptable.

Jeez!!!

1 minute ago, Independence said:

Surely Levein's fault! Oh wait! Give it a break.

Give what a break?

Am I supposed to lie and say I think we'll play well and win away from home? Something we've not manage to do at all this season. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Give RN a chance ffs. Aye, we should be playing better away from home but he’s just in the door, we’re top of the league and he’s publicly said he’s working towards a more attacking style. Why the negativity. 

Today, assuming Ginelly and GMS are available, is an ideal opportunity for his attacking 4-4-2 with two wingers and 2 up. Let’s see if he takes it.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Today, assuming Ginelly and GMS are available, is an ideal opportunity for his attacking 4-4-2 with two wingers and 2 up. Let’s see if he takes it.

Here’s hoping. You heard if Ginelly or GMS are likely to feature?

Give what a break?

Am I supposed to lie and say I think we'll play well and win away from home? Something we've not manage to do at all this season. 

No just be realistic!

Just now, Independence said:

No just be realistic!

I am being realistic. I think we'll struggle today and will be over the moon if I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Here’s hoping. You heard if Ginelly or GMS are likely to feature?

I expect GMS to play. Feck knows with Ginelly. Starting to think he might be a write off.

Edited by JimmyCant

11 minutes ago, Australis said:

I am expecting another Dundee performance

Don't cross the halfway line in the first half and try not to lose goals.

2nd half our midfield might get in the same half as our Strikers.

Seems to be Robbie's way.

God I hope I am wrong.

That cheered me up, not, hopefully  you are wrong, nervous enough about this match lol.

I am being realistic. I think we'll struggle today and will be over the moon if I'm wrong.

I just want a win and we will get it. I don't think you are being realistic but we can agree to disagree. When we play clubs away from home in this leaguer it is their cup final. The opposition players know they are in a shop window and want the scalp of 'should be' premiership team. Their grounds are dreadful and pitches poor. The pitches don't encourage good football and that works for the opposition. Despite all this, we are in a great place, top of the league with points to spare.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I expect GMS to play. Feck knows with Ginelly. Starting to think he might be a write off.

Why? As far as I can tell he's had one injury which he's since recovered from.

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We will win the league and we have been poor away. I do understand people defending Neilson though. We have been shite for almost two seasons before he arrived. He certainly didn’t have his problems to seek and we are in this league because we were bottom of the pile when the music stopped. That’s not Neilson’s fault and like everything else it’ll take time to sort it. Folk getting on his back (not meaning you)  after 2 shite league results are understandably getting people’s heckles up. 

Just now, DC_92 said:

Why? As far as I can tell he's had one injury which he's since recovered from.

Did he not have Covid as well? Takes some folk a while to fully recover from that. 

11 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

This is the team i would like to see start today

Gordon

Smith

Halkett   Berra 

Brandon                             Kingsley 

Haring

Irving 

Naismith.         Mackay-Steven

Boyce 

Michael Smith? Ginnelly?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We will win the league and we have been poor away. I do understand people defending Neilson though. We have been shite for almost two seasons before he arrived. He certainly didn’t have his problems to seek and we are in this league because we were bottom of the pile when the music stopped. That’s not Neilson’s fault and like everything else it’ll take time to sort it. Folk getting on his back (not meaning you)  after 2 shite league results are understandably getting people’s heckles up. 

I like Robbie but the fact most supporters aren't expecting a comfortable win away to Alloa says a lot. Here's hoping today is the start of us approaching away games in a positive manner.

Come on Hearts, let’s show some application and motivation and thrash this team. With talk of stopping the season it becomes more and more important to stretch the lead we have. Surely the players and Neilson see that?

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I like Robbie but the fact most supporters aren't expecting a comfortable win away to Alloa says a lot. Here's hoping today is the start of us approaching away games in a positive manner.

Hope so too. I’m looking for improvement and do think he asked for problems with his tactics against Dundee. Again, not aimed at you but if it had been Hamilton or st mirren that had been unfairly demoted last season, would people be expecting them to hammer teams in every game? I ask because we were achieving the same level of results as these clubs and not for a short period of time. I don’t know what’s supposed to have changed.

Edited by GinRummy

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did he not have Covid as well? Takes some folk a while to fully recover from that. 

Yes he did, but I don't see why that would make him a write-off. Are we writing off Smith as well?

adambraejambo

If the players cant get up for this one today after the events last night then they simply should not be wearing a Hearts jersey . The manager can only do so much.  We got internationals all over the place. Time for them to step up. 

These games are never a spectacle. It’s always a slog, stuffy and a battle.

I just want to see persistence from Hearts. An intent to match and better the effort of Alloa.  A visible intention to put the right level of work in and show some appetite to play through what won’t be an easy game.

I often think ,more often than not , the better team will walk away with a comfy win in the end if our heads are right.  You need to start well and show Alloa we are here to fight as much as play. 

Just now, DC_92 said:

Yes he did, but I don't see why that would make him a write-off. Are we writing off Smith as well?

I’m not writing off anyone. Just wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t make the starting line up. He’s been injured them had Covid. Hopefully makes it. 

lost in space
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very sensible post.

It is not just the 2 league results that are the problem though. There was the league cup section games and then getting knocked out by Alloa.

Plus the defensive formations.

Plus the poor signings.

Plus not playing the younger players.

Plus the lack of motivation shown by the team.

Plus RN blaming ref\anything - but never taking responsibility.

Jury is still out on RN.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not writing off anyone. Just wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t make the starting line up. He’s been injured them had Covid. Hopefully makes it. 

But the poster I responded to did. I've no idea if he's fit to start today and haven't said otherwise.

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It speaks volumes doesn't it. There's just that intangible sense that thinks aren't quite right. It may be that as a returning manager he isn't afforded the honeymoon period that new managers usually get but whatever it is, only convincing wins will get rid of it. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a fair point as recovery from any virus can be drawn out. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope so too. I’m looking for improvement and do think he asked for problems with his tactics against Dundee. Again, not aimed at you but if it had been Hamilton or st mirren that had been unfairly demoted last season, would people be expecting them to hammer teams in every game? I ask because we were achieving the same level of results as these clubs and not for a short period of time. I don’t know what’s supposed to have changed.

A good point. I suppose many of us are setting expectations too high but we can't ignore the poor away performances this season.

I really hope we see an improvement today, as Dundee are on form and they'll be right on us if we dont start picking up 3 points at away grounds.

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

But the poster I responded to did. I've no idea if he's fit to start today and haven't said otherwise.

Yeah he did. Hope he’s wrong. 

10 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Very sensible post.

It is not just the 2 league results that are the problem though. There was the league cup section games and then getting knocked out by Alloa.

Plus the defensive formations.

Plus the poor signings.

Plus not playing the younger players.

Plus the lack of motivation shown by the team.

Plus RN blaming ref\anything - but never taking responsibility.

Jury is still out on RN.

Jury is definitely still out. After two awful seasons, it was always going to take time to fix. I didn’t want RN appointed but he’s the man in the seat and should be given time to get it right. 

I think how he wanted us to play, with two effective wingers, would be working by now if he’d made better signings.