*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, Independence said:

I just want a win and we will get it. I don't think you are being realistic but we can agree to disagree. When we play clubs away from home in this leaguer it is their cup final. The opposition players know they are in a shop window and want the scalp of 'should be' premiership team. Their grounds are dreadful and pitches poor. The pitches don't encourage good football and that works for the opposition. Despite all this, we are in a great place, top of the league with points to spare.

Good teams get over all the above you have described and find a way to win. Any win will do like you say and if we start with the right attitude we will get it. If we don’t we are not good enough to think we can win in second or third gear as was proved last time at Alloa!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

5 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Good teams get over all the above you have described and find a way to win. Any win will do like you say and if we start with the right attitude we will get it. If we don’t we are not good enough to think we can win in second or third gear as was proved last time at Alloa!!

Good post, hopefully more points to spare after today.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Please do bud. My village in spain has just been locked down. Need something to watch.

There’s one up there 👆 for starters 👍🏽

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Just been sent the team. This place is going to be fun at 1.45 🙈

Imagine Walker and Roberts start.😂

Most teams toil at Alloa, we have been earlier and probably will be the same today, watched Hibs get lucky there a couple of weeks ago, pitch a huge advantage to Scougall and a few other of their players whom are comfortable on surface.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Imagine Walker and Roberts start.😂

Gonna chuck in henderson as my wild card. Lewis Moore plays when you least expect as well.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Michael Smith? Ginnelly?

He’s got Smith at sweeper, can’t see us playing 3 at the back against one striker of the bottom team. 

Ok Hearts just pump this lot. I don't care what the score will be but a nice big convincing win will be appreciated. Somehow I think it will only be a    2-0 win or 1-0 even. Our away form has been a little bit shite.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Brace yourself 😂

On the plus side it’ll be the strongest bench in Scotland this weekend.

May as well just spill the beans then. 

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Just been sent the team. This place is going to be fun at 1.45 🙈

Okay so

No GMS

No Ginelly

Frear in

Roberts in

Walker in

Boyce Out

Henderson in

One up front

surely not Damour in ???

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, topsport said:

No basis for my prediction but think we’ll hammer this lot today 

🤞

At some point we will steamroller someone. I'd fekkin love it to be mike mulraneys lot!! 6 nil Hearts.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Give what a break?

Am I supposed to lie and say I think we'll play well and win away from home? Something we've not manage to do at all this season. 

Dead give away!

This "Hearts" supporter doesn't even know our results "this" season.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Brace yourself 😂

I’m now thinking Gordon, Berra, Naismith and Boyce all on the bench. Strongest bench in Scotland is either an exaggeration or a great clue. 🤔

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Brace yourself 😂

Wighton up front on his own then. Naismith on the bench. Boyce too. 

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Wighton up front on his own then. Naismith on the bench. Boyce too. 

Naismith Boyce Ginelly GMS and Smith all on the bench !!

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay so

No GMS

No Ginelly

Frear in

Roberts in

Walker in

Boyce Out

Henderson in

One up front

surely not Damour in ???

Nade in a one off loan appearance ::troll::

Edited by Marvin

11 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

May as well just spill the beans then. 

Nah, I get the team every week on the basis I don’t tell anyone before they’re announced. Doesn’t stop me giving my opinion though and my opinion is that this is a huge gamble by Robbie. Considering our last result and the need to get as much points on the board as soon as possible. 

Only thing I can think of is that we struggle to change games away from home and the bench today will allow us to do that. 

11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Dead give away!

What are you going on about? Did you think we played well at Morton?

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Nah, I get the team every week on the basis I don’t tell anyone before they’re announced. Doesn’t stop me giving my opinion though and my opinion is that this is a huge gamble by Robbie. Considering our last result and the need to get as much points on the board as soon as possible. 

Only thing I can think of is that we struggle to change games away from home and the bench today will allow us to do that. 

:levein_interesting:

On 14/01/2021 at 16:31, davemclaren said:

I thought people were donating their away ticket money to foh this season instead of buying streams from those clubs that voted us down. 😄

:fonzie:Thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I like Robbie but the fact most supporters aren't expecting a comfortable win away to Alloa says a lot. Here's hoping today is the start of us approaching away games in a positive manner.

I think a lot of supporters, me included, were thinking that we would do what we did last time in the championship with Robbie and skoosh the thing. Ok, we're not doing quite doing that but we are 5 points clear and in a good position so there's no reason why that can't continue. We'll continue to drop points this season just like every other team but it'll be good if today isn't one of them. I'd love to give Alloa a doing but right now any win will do.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Please do bud. My village in spain has just been locked down. Need something to watch.

Where are you Typhoon? No bars or restaurants again after today here in Mojacar!

14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Dead give away!

I did have a wee chuckle at you questioning my credentials when I've been a paid member on here for over 15 years. That would be some commitment 😂.

20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Brace yourself 😂

Is it made from iron instead of plastic?

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Quite right not to broadcast it. A wee private message to a select few, or even one, poster(s) is not going to harm anyone though. I’ve always enjoyed your posts etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

What are you going on about? Did you think we played well at Morton?

Read you sentence again with special emphasis on the word "win."

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I did have a wee chuckle at you questioning my credentials when I've been a paid member on here for over 15 years. That would be some commitment 😂.

Ignore him. A man of the cloth who sees conspiracy deception and lies everywhere apart from the obvious one 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Ignore him. A man of the cloth who sees conspiracy deception and lies everywhere apart from the obvious one 

The obvious one? Judas Iscariot?

A_A wehatethehibs

Well, all the posters saying “Henderson deserves his chance” “neilson never gives the youngesters a chance” Todays your big moment.