*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What's the deal with Lewis Moore? Robbie has completely frozen him out since he returned yet he did well under Stendel

It's a good question. A real grafter like Walker. I jest.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

2 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

A damming verdict on how poor Popescu is with Berra not being dropped after the Dundee performance. We need to get a decent CH in. 

Obviously showing nothing in training if Berra is still first pick. Looks a very poor signing along with those two called wingers.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re not good enough to keep players off plastic pitches and in any case it’s almost certain that they’ll be brought on at some stage so that negates that arguement.

That team is nothing like our best available 11. 

So 90 minutes on that pitch is just the same as 30 or even 45 minutes?

Well RN is the manager and it's down to him to put out a team with instructions that'll get the job done. He clearly sees something I don't. Hopefully he is right...

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

So 90 minutes on that pitch is just the same as 30 or even 45 minutes?

So play them for the first 45 then. 

Robbie obviously wants us to let the teams behind catch up with that team selection. I can’t actually believe he has put all the worst performers of the season so far in the same team. No way that team is good enough. Not a chance. Serious questions need to be asked as to why he thinks that is the strongest team available to win today’s game!!!

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Well RN is the manager and it's down to him to put out a team with instructions that'll get the job done. He clearly sees something I don't. Hopefully he is right...

Will the players selected carryout his instructions though that is the question. I have my doubts.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Dundee are apparently asking if they cab delay the kickoff.

Can we do the same?  Like until RN picks a proper team?

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Probably need to bring them all on when we start getting beat. 

Start with the strongest team.  Win the game and then relax, not the other way round - just asking for trouble,  really don’t get it l. 

Did he ever do shit like this at United? Randomly drop his best players? Shankland, Clark, Butcher, Reynolds all dropped?

It's not Brora ffs. They've already got the better of you this season.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

So play them for the first 45 then. 

And if it's still 0-0 or even 0-1, take them off and put on Roberts, Frear and Henderson?  That's even worse than starting them.

9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok playing devil's advocate for a minute, maybe he's thinking that due to a crap artificial pitch be doesn't want to risk our top players. This team should be good enough, but Robbie is taking a huge risk. I have always supported him, but if we don't get three points today then I will be seriously miffed.

Have said from the start we MUST be well clear and I mean WELL clear as they could call the league at any time. Three points or we may just have to stay in this league for another season and that would be a disaster.

Really hope this team selection doesn’t back fire on Robbie today!

Setting himself up for a fall.

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Start with the strongest team.  Win the game and then relax, not the other way round - just asking for trouble,  really don’t get it l. 

Robbie may think so. But he wants to be seen as being the boss. 

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can we do the same?  Like until RN picks a proper team?

He will do that after half time or once we go a goal behind.

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Thats our strongest bench in a while.......

More than matched by our weakest starting 11 for many years

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Will the players selected carryout his instructions though that is the question. I have my doubts.

Doubts? I can't help feel I'm being trolled, even checked to make sure it wasn't April 1st. 

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Correct, he has done it the wrong way round. 

Totally baffling. 

24 minutes ago, Rc55 said:

Massive, massive risk . 

If this  team fails   badly  then the  manager should  be removed  at the  final  whistle.  

there will certainly be a very strong clamour for him to go that's for sure if we lose this one. That's as a bad a Hearts team as I can recall. At least 3 players who should be nowhere near a Hearts jersey never mind starting. Hopefully Halkett can get a goal from a set piece or something and Irving controls matters or the subs come on and win it. Time will tell but very high risk approach from Robbie that's for sure

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re not good enough to keep players off plastic pitches and in any case it’s almost certain that they’ll be brought on at some stage so that negates that arguement.

That team is nothing like our best available 11. 

I expect a tentative approach from the off. Players trying to remember where they are supposed to be. Plastic pitch n all, too.  Maybe 0-1 before changes at half time with intro of GMS to change game on his debut. kicked into the stand.  Boyce last 15 for Hendo. Late equalizer from Walks

And if it's still 0-0 or even 0-1, take them off and put on Roberts, Frear and Henderson?  That's even worse than starting them.

Do we seriously make plans on Alloa being a game we have to manage carefully and worry about going behind in ? FFS we’re way worse off than I thought we were if that’s the case

The poster on here who suggested a week or two ago that RN should play Halkett up front must be laughing his c0ck off. 

Is this going to be hoofball central today ? 

Tennant's  6's

That 'attacking' midfield of roberts,  frear, walker is woeful. 

Gotta hope that they have all been told give their all otherwise they'll be frozen out.

None of them have showed any urgency , passion or the ability to do much so far. 

And henderson never looks like he's going to score a first team goal.  

This could be a long afternoon..

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I actually thought given the strength of the bench, that Roberts, Walker, Frear and Henderson would press high and run themselves into the ground for 45 minutes and would be replaced at half time by Ginnelly, Naisy, GMS and Boyce. Probably wishful thinking. 

Only 3 subs allowed , I think.

Maroon Sailor

Robbie must have gone down with Leveinitis in the last couple of days.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery

No we may well and should win. Frear et al may even do really well. Really hope so. Never one to write anyone off.

But, there was a tendency under Levein to give kids a "chance" under the hardest circumstances. Whether that was only ever seeming to play Henderson against the OF or it was playing a young fullback with another young player in front of him instead of giving him the more experienced player to help him thru a game. Happened time and again.

Glad to see Hendo start. Genuinely am. Guess that means he's doing really well at training which is superb. Maybe an idea not to play the most out of form wingers in world football to support him!?!?

Maybe they're the only ones fully fit, maybe they've all been flying in training and that front 4 in particular have looked great together. Maybe there's a plan.

Maybe.

Should still have enough to beat Alloa. Be great if we pump them considering who isn't playing. Be a boost to the whole squad. And maybe that's the gamble Robbies played

Glamorgan Jambo
Just now, Dayman said:

This not on hearts tv international? 

No. Mulraney wants your £12 so isn't giving any coverage to Hearts TV. And yes he can whistle for it.

Either a stroke of genius from Neilson or a shocker. I'll wait till full time before deciding.

Also, we don't know the fitness of Boyce, GMS or Ginnelly. And Haring had a shocker at Dundee.

Brandon not making the squad either after a decent performance at Dens.

I guess if the unfancied players do well its a real bonus with so many games coming up. We need the backup players to be able to step up when required. 

I hope Henderson especially does well. He has power and a bit of pace. Just seems to lack a bit of composure at times. At least he will run his socks off and get stuck in.

Roberts might perform better up top where he just needs to prowl the box.

Frear. Cant believe how bad he's been. Maybe today will click for him. Maybe.

A big gamble in an important match. Today will seal the fate of quite a few players, one way or another.

6 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Thats our strongest bench in a while.......

Because the usual pish that’s on it are starting today 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Robbie must have gone down with Leveinitis in the last couple of days.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery

Always had it. Can't get rid of it/ him.

So don’t pick your strongest team just in case..........🙄

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, got some excuses already lined up for him then. Good stuff. 

He is starting the game today so you should watch him and judge him by exactly the same standard you judge Frear and Roberts. He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt just because he’s a guid Hearts laddie. All 3 of these second string guys have been given their opportunity today, they’ve trained together for months, they should know each other’s game enough by now. So they should all 3 of them be held accountable for their performance in the same way. 

But in saying all that I hope all 3 of them take their chance to play well, and get the supporters on side. Or at least hopefully one of the 3 of them will show some form of desire / goal threat

Who's making excuses? I'm saying what I would always say when players, young or old, are given a 'chance' in a very weak team, and I'm not going to say after the game that it was unfair to play them if it means their Hearts careers are damaged, but what I am saying is that these players are not being given a 'chance' because three's too many to carry at any level. The thing is, if any one of them has a good game today, it won't mean they've proved a thing or earned a place in the team, for none of them have previously shown enough to suggest it would be any more than their one good game.

My concern, anyway, is not for their careers (though that is important) but for the fact that we are starting the game with three potential passengers, and only one attacker with any sort of scoring record (Walker). We have to win the league this season, and you don't win leagues by repeatedly giving players, who repeatedly don't make a contribution, 'chances'.

8 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Robbie obviously wants us to let the teams behind catch up with that team selection. I can’t actually believe he has put all the worst performers of the season so far in the same team. No way that team is good enough. Not a chance. Serious questions need to be asked as to why he thinks that is the strongest team available to win today’s game!!!

Its fekin tragic.  Beggars belief he’s putting that team out