Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Jap Jambo said:

Lol, I'm sure there must be a couple!

Sure it is a typo, you meant dissent

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

I know a few. A couple in the extended family and a couple at work. All perfectly decent people. problem with Celtic is they have a large hardcore of utter pond dwelling scum who make a lot of ugly noises

2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Well the couple have sure remained silent during decades of support of terrorist murderers and the cover up of child sexual abuse.

Maybe some good old fashioned anti-semitism will help them finally find their voice.

John Findlay

They complained about sectarian abuse at Ibrox. Mind you Biton is neither Catholoc or Protestant, but Jewish so Celtic fans will deem it ok to throw abuse at him, as he will be keeping the oppressed Palestinians under the boot.

If these people had a brain they would be dangerous.

Just now, JDK2020 said:

Well the couple have sure remained silent during decades of support of terrorist murderers and the cover up of child sexual abuse.

Maybe some good old fashioned anti-semitism will help them finally find their voice.

I doubt it they have form for this sort of thing, Iirc they got a fine from UEFA for something similar.

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I know a few. A couple in the extended family and a couple at work. All perfectly decent people. problem with Celtic is they have a large hardcore of utter pond dwelling scum who make a lot of ugly noises

Ask them a couple of fairly simple questions on the scandals associated with their club and watch them squirm, but they'll never condemn.

20 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Hopefully decent Celtic fans are calling that out and distancing themselves from those remarks. 

Not the ones on Twitter they are revelling in it and saying they run Scottish Football and can do as they please. Love a good twatter spat between Rangers and Celtic 😒

9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Isn’t your username racist?

I'd never considered it to be and there is certainly no intent to offend but by modern woke standards you may well have a point... do you consider it racist?

John Findlay
Just now, Jap Jambo said:

I'd never considered it to be and there is certainly no intent to offend but by modern woke standards you may well have a point... do you consider it racist?

I dont

6 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Ask them a couple of fairly simple questions on the scandals associated with their club and watch them squirm, but they'll never condemn.

We only ever discuss football mate. None of us are that interested or aroused or motivated by anything else perpetrated by others.

Edited by JimmyCant

Neil Dongcaster

I probably wouldn’t refer to a Japanese person as a ‘Jap’. So I guess I would consider it racist.

3 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Suppose it depends on perception... for instance there was a thread when we were interested in signing a Japanese player and the alternative name for Zennikkū was used , that led to the person who posted it being banned from the thread

Personally I don’t see how it can be interpreted as racist but what do I know 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Watch out what you wish for. Wanting a Hibs win and you'll never hear the end of it. Mind you, it would be VERY funny to witness. Can you imagine the fallout? 😄

I'm happy to see Celtic and Rangers get beat by anybody.....just as long as it has no detriment on our position in the league. 

27 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

This puzzles me. Is calling people from Japan **** not just an abbreviation of Japanese, in much the same way as calling people from Scotland Scots is an abbreviation of Scottish? I've never considered either to be insulting or racist, but perhaps I am just a thick skinned old guy who has an outdated interpretation of the English language?  

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

This puzzles me. Is calling people from Japan **** not just an abbreviation of Japanese, in much the same way as calling people from Scotland Scots is an abbreviation of Scottish? I've never considered either to be insulting or racist, but perhaps I am just a thick skinned old guy who has an outdated interpretation of the English language?  

Keyboard malfunction. I don't know where the stars came from. 

Gorgie Boot boy
39 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I probably wouldn’t refer to a Japanese person as a ‘Jap’. So I guess I would consider it racist.

You are at the mixing, check out your own name. Blatant sexism when used with the words witch and dead. Also extremely vulgar. Can be seen as a racist term for Vietnamese.

Maybe you have a small penis, blah blah blah.

Just now, henryheart said:

Funnily enough I'd never given it a second thought until Neil Dongcaster raised it. When I adopted the username I was living and working in Tokyo at the time and the term was widely used in the region much in the manner you describe. The abbreviation for Nippon had altogether different connotations as I believe sadj is referring to above.

Reading around the subject it would appear that certainly through an American lens the term doesn't wash so well.

With regard to the age statement I am also progressing in years and think that most certainly has a bearing on how one sees these things.

Seymour M Hersh

I seem to remember back in the summer on Sportsound when dickless Gordon and co were gloating over our demotion they had the smug idiot who puts the fixtures together(although I think it's actually done in Holland oddly enough) saying there was very little wiggle room for postponed games to get played this season.  Celtic have played 3 games less than the other cheek but the SPFL does feel the need to tell them to get one played this week instead of a jolly to Dubai.  Only in Scotland. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Their "mhanky fans" get mhankier by the week...

Celtic's Israeli midfielder Bitton called 'dirty Jew' amid torrent of abuse after derby defeat - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

How utterly depressing. From "the club open to all" and "the club like no other"

As the Husband and Father of a Jewish Wife and Jewish kids for 30 years, it still amazes me to read or hear people make these type of comments.

Using the word “gassing” means they know exactly what they’re up to.

Low life thick $#!ts.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We only ever discuss football mate. None of us are that interested or aroused or motivated by anything else perpetrated by others.

As it should be TBH.

However, don't be fooled into thinking they are always "decent" when around only their own kind and well out of your earshot.

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

What about "Brit"?

25 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You are at the mixing, check out your own name. Blatant sexism when used with the words witch and dead. Also extremely vulgar. Can be seen as a racist term for Vietnamese.

Maybe you have a small penis, blah blah blah.

😆

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Or shortening it when describing someone from Pakistan, a quick internet search usually clears I up. I don’t like being called a Jock for instance as it’s a derogatory term. Always to be better safe than sorry. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or shortening it when describing someone from Pakistan, a quick internet search usually clears I up. I don’t like being called a Jock for instance as it’s a derogatory term. Always to be better safe than sorry. 

I was going to mention the shortening of Pakistani. 

Also Paul Hawksbee on Talksport is constantly ripping the pish out of Alan Brazils accent, would he do it to Imran Khan for example....would he ****.

11 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

As it should be TBH.

However, don't be fooled into thinking they are always "decent" when around only their own kind and well out of your earshot.

Your bang on the cash with this, I know a number of Celtic fans mainly through working in Glasgow for a few years, nice guys to your face but very different when they get together and especially if there's bevy involved they soon show their true colours. As for Edinburgh based Celtic fans I don't trust any of them a more slekit set of bigoted human beings I'm yet to met and most of them couldn't point to parkhead on a map. 

In my experience the Rangers fans are openly bigoted arseholes but at least you know where you stand with them.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not interested in retribution mate. I’m interested in the law being applied properly no matter who or what you are. I’d take the same view if any other club did this, including ours. It’s fecking outrageous that they have been allowed to leave the country for this when no one in the rest of the country can leave their house 

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

OK, my apologies, 'retribution' was maybe not the best choice of words.

I realised what you meant was that it would be quite correct that celtc, or anyone else whoever it may be, be held to account for this trip, by at least one form of authority in Scotland.

Indeed, it could well be argued that any other club would have been for the high jump for this, (I'd go so far as to suggest there would be a clamour for it to happen). but IMHO, the club in question will not. 

Both spot on. 
When will they and the other bigots ever actually get punished by the law of the land, no wonder they think they’re above it and help spread the virus. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Would you refer to yourself as a Scot?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, smiler said:

I was going to mention the shortening of Pakistani. 

Also Paul Hawksbee on Talksport is constantly ripping the pish out of Alan Brazils accent, would he do it to Imran Khan for example....would he ****.

Spot on. 

Spitonastranger
4 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

A actual elected government scared of a sports team is about as embarrassing as it gets.

The Scottish government should be making a strong statement. Not hoping that no one trips over the huge lump in the carpet.

Nothing to do with the Government you need to direct your anger towards our football governing bodies instead of weakly trying to make cheap political points to suit your agenda

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Nothing to do with the Government you need to direct your anger towards our football governing bodies instead of weakly trying to make cheap political points to suit your agenda

It is everything to do with the Government, they are the ones heading the rules and restrictions. Sport is as relevant as the person picking up litter.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Would you refer to yourself as a Scot?

That’s probably the difference, many of us would refer to ourselves as Scots and many Britons would refer to themselves as Brits so they wouldn’t find it offensive but it’s us who refer to Japanese as **** rather than them so maybe they find it offensive.  Of course the name Japan and Japanese isn’t the name they give to their own country anyway so maybe they find Japanese offensive, I’ve no idea!

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Personally, I find it hard to take offence at this type of joshing. Folks in the UK are well known for such humour. Everything from Dad's Army to Blackadder; not to mention Fawlty Towers or 'Allo 'Allo (and others too numerous to mention). Too many people these days just waiting to take offence.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s probably the difference, many of us would refer to ourselves as Scots and many Britons would refer to themselves as Brits so they wouldn’t find it offensive but it’s us who refer to Japanese as **** rather than them so maybe they find it offensive.  Of course the name Japan and Japanese isn’t the name they give to their own country anyway so maybe they find Japanese offensive, I’ve no idea!

This comment .

Artwork.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Personally, I find it hard to take offence at this type of joshing. Folks in the UK are well known for such humour. Everything from Dad's Army to Blackadder; not to mention Fawlty Towers or 'Allo 'Allo (and others too numerous to mention). Too many people these days just waiting to take offence.

Yes that was funny at the time, but it’s 2021 and when it’s used in a derogatory manner it’s not funny at all. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Wrong ****ing year 🙈

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I'm happy to see Celtic and Rangers get beat by anybody.....just as long as it has no detriment on our position in the league. 

The damage those two have done to our game over the is immeasurable.  I see them getting their colt teams into the league was in the paper this morning.   I know other countries have colt teams but it would all be weighted in favour of them as well.   If they ever leave Scottish football they can take their colt teams with them.   

Even this rule where a club can move a game for a winter holiday was only implemented for them.   How many other teams can afford it?  

I dream of the day I wake up to find they have found another league.  

57 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

As it should be TBH.

Judge as you find I always say. They are decent people. End of. Unless you’re telling me apparently decent people I’ve known, some of them for 40 years are IRA fanatics, paedophile apologists, bigots and Jew haters and pretend they are from the old country as soon as they are out of my hearing ?

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

The damage those two have done to our game over the is immeasurable.  I see them getting their colt teams into the league was in the paper this morning.   I know other countries have colt teams but it would all be weighted in favour of them as well.   If they ever leave Scottish football they can take their colt teams with them.   

Even this rule where a club can move a game for a winter holiday was only implemented for them.   How many other teams can afford it?  

I dream of the day I wake up to find they have found another league.  

Well said. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It is everything to do with the Government, they are the ones heading the rules and restrictions. Sport is as relevant as the person picking up litter.

The Celtic trip was sanctioned by the SPFL and themselves, not the SG.  If they have been found to have broken any laws it will be a police matter and should also be one for the football authorities to take action as they have done with other clubs over breaches of Covid protocol.  However, in reality that would also involve Doncaster investigating himself since he sits on the SFA and SPFL.  

The SPFL forced Hibs to postpone a fixture so Celtic could make this trip, there’s no way they’re going to take action against Celtic.  Probably wishful thinking too that this could finally result in a no confidence vote in Doncaster.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Celtic trip was sanctioned by the SPFL and themselves, not the SG.  If they have been found to have broken any laws it will be a police matter and should also be one for the football authorities to take action as they have done with other clubs over breaches of Covid protocol.  However, in reality that would also involve Doncaster investigating himself since he sits on the SFA and SPFL.  

The SPFL forced Hibs to postpone a fixture so Celtic could make this trip, there’s no way they’re going to take action against Celtic.  Probably wishful thinking too that this could finally result in a no confidence vote in Doncaster.

They’ve already said nothing will be done. We can all imagine how much of a example they would make of us if we had done this. 

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The group of people with the authority to govern a country or state; a particular ministry in office, government is the exercise of control or authority over a group of people.

Seemingly

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve already said nothing will be done. We can all imagine how much of a example they would make of us if we had done this. 

Could they not maybe get Deloitte to carry out an, ahem, independent investigation?!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Could they not maybe get Deloitte to carry out an, ahem, independent investigation?!

I said that pages ago FoF 😆😜

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hibs didnt postpone a fixture. Celtic are the home team next Monday, not Hibs.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I seem to remember back in the summer on Sportsound when dickless Gordon and co were gloating over our demotion they had the smug idiot who puts the fixtures together(although I think it's actually done in Holland oddly enough) saying there was very little wiggle room for postponed games to get played this season.  Celtic have played 3 games less than the other cheek but the SPFL does feel the need to tell them to get one played this week instead of a jolly to Dubai.  Only in Scotland. 

Iain Blair........

The teams, the dates and the fixed fixtures ie New Years Day and no OF derbies after a European date.....are sent to some guy in the states and his computer system does the rest.

No OF game on the opening day is another no no for the SPFL.

Edited by DH1986

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hibs didnt postpone a fixture. Celtic are the home team next Monday, not Hibs.

Ok, The SPFL agreed to Celtic postponing it then.  The point being, the SPFL knew the reason Celtic wanted the fixture moved.  They were in Dubai on Sunday or Monday - why couldn’t they just have come back 2 days earlier and still played on the Saturday instead of Monday (that’s taking a leap and assuming it was acceptable in the first place though)?

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said that pages ago FoF 😆😜

That’s the danger of not reading all the pages. 🙈

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )