Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s the danger of not reading all the pages. 🙈

There’s so many though 😆

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ok, The SPFL agreed to Celtic postponing it then.  The point being, the SPFL knew the reason Celtic wanted the fixture moved.  They were in Dubai on Sunday or Monday - why couldn’t they just have come back 2 days earlier and still played on the Saturday instead of Monday (that’s taking a leap and assuming it was acceptable in the first place though)?

I'm not disputing it's a total nonsense. One of the fly's in the ointment is that Celtic didnt expect to be 19pts behind at this stage in the season.

Usually we get a Scottish Football podcast almost every day, this week nothing. Strange that...maybe they are on a winter break?

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Usually we get a Scottish Football podcast almost every day, this week nothing. Strange that...maybe they are on a winter break?

You mean like in Dubai or somewhere?

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Good spot Japan 👍🏽👏🏾

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Iain Blair........

The teams, the dates and the fixed fixtures ie New Years Day and no OF derbies after a European date.....are sent to some guy in the states and his computer system does the rest.

No OF game on the opening day is another no no for the SPFL.

Don't forget, just in case crowds could get back into stadiums. Keep the bigotfest to game 11.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Don't forget, just in case crowds could get back into stadiums. Keep the bigotfest to game 11.

Yes......

But nobody even questions it 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not disputing it's a total nonsense. One of the fly's in the ointment is that Celtic didnt expect to be 19pts behind at this stage in the season.

Wonder what their adoring, scumbag fans think of that. 

Beaten by Rangers, 19 points behind and they piss off to Dubai where they are seen to be drinking beer on sun loungers. 

STMidden had no goalkeeper and they refused to cancel games. Celtic player goes abroad which they claim they know nothing about and im sure he played against Killie ,they receive no punishment and their game against ST Midden is called off and the game is arranged when the opponents goalie is out.

They call off the match against Hibs and change days resulting in a wee bonus from being shown live on the box.

Scottish game pure corrupt

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Judge as you find I always say. They are decent people. End of. Unless you’re telling me apparently decent people I’ve known, some of them for 40 years are IRA fanatics, paedophile apologists, bigots and Jew haters and pretend they are from the old country as soon as they are out of my hearing ?

As I said, try asking them...

14 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

As I said, try asking them...

As I said. I don’t need to. You can judge people and exclude them from your social circle based on what team they support if you wish. I prefer to judge them using far more important and valid markers. I think we’ll leave it there.

9 minutes ago, pablo said:

This is off topic. But you do know that there are thousands of Celtic "fans" who have no idea what their away support is like and would be genuinely horrified if they did?  

agree. I know some decent Celtic fans , and I say fans because they don’t go to games and not supporters (as such). Much as I’m a ‘fan’ of Spurs. 
however as said a high percentage of their actual support who go to games (and most definitely away ones) are horrible IRA sympathising scumbags. I see and hear nothing but filth and vile chants about things that have no place in a football stadium.  It’s why most of us want them to be given the absolute minimum number of seats no matter the cost.  Most recently now it’s  the corrupt vote, the Bolingoli thing and now the Dubai cover up / non investigation . As I said before that club is a skid mark on the world. 

9 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Maybe they’re in Dubai as part of their party?

1 hour ago, pablo said:

This is off topic. But you do know that there are thousands of Celtic "fans" who have no idea what their away support is like and would be genuinely horrified if they did?  

They are in denial. 

They might turn the other way. Suppose when there isn't no much reporting of it.

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Old news I know

20210106_224108.jpg

"Cleared" suggests there was an investigation and they found no wrongdoing.

11 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Iain Blair........

The teams, the dates and the fixed fixtures ie New Years Day and no OF derbies after a European date.....are sent to some guy in the states and his computer system does the rest.

No OF game on the opening day is another no no for the SPFL.

Don't forget the 'if celtic play at home against rangers 3 times, rangers get the 3 home games the next season' stipulation. Must be completely fair... for the uglies. The rest can gtf.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't forget the 'if celtic play at home against rangers 3 times, rangers get the 3 home games the next season' stipulation. Must be completely fair... for the uglies. The rest can gtf.

Money talks unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

"Cleared" suggests there was an investigation and they found no wrongdoing.

You know what, I would bet 'technically' there was no wrong-doing by the letter of the law/rules - but in the real world, where we are all in full-lockdown once again, the smart, safe and moral decision would have been to stay at home. 99% of the population would come to that conclusion. There is only one team that would get away with this - the rest would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute - they would be hit with negligence, irresponsibility, dereliction of duties (as in catching up on outstanding fixtures) and failure to comply with COVID measures (social distancing etc.)... once again, for all to see, the mhanks strut their arrogant stuff as the SPFL/SFA/Scottish media turn a blind eye. Nothing to see here.

As Jason Leitch is constantly reminding us, they can't enforce a lot of restrictions by law - people need to be sensible for the greater good and to keep us all safe. Then there's celtic.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You know what, I would bet 'technically' there was no wrong-doing by the letter of the law/rules - but in the real world, where we are all in full-lockdown once again, the smart, safe and moral decision would have been to stay at home. 99% of the population would come to that conclusion. There is only one team that would get away with this - the rest would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute - they would be hit with negligence, irresponsibility, dereliction of duties (as in catching up on outstanding fixtures) and failure to comply with COVID measures (social distancing etc.)... once again, for all to see, the mhanks strut their arrogant stuff as the SPFL/SFA/Scottish media turn a blind eye. Nothing to see here.

As Jason Leitch is constantly reminding us, they can't enforce a lot of restrictions by law - people need to be sensible for the greater good and to keep us all safe. Then there's celtic.

Spot on.

I do not believe they have broken any rules to the extent they should be punished but they have broken the spirit of the law.

And never mind celtic being the only team that could get awat with it, i beliueve they are the only team that would have gone ahead with the trip in this current envrionment.

One thing is that, the SPFL were happy to write the rules as they went along in 2020 so why the hell did they not put a stop to this nonsense where fixtures can be postponed for the purposes of holidays or friendlies??  Anyway, i look forward to Lennon complaining at fixture congestion in April :)

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on.

I do not believe they have broken any rules to the extent they should be punished but they have broken the spirit of the law.

And never mind celtic being the only team that could get awat with it, i beliueve they are the only team that would have gone ahead with the trip in this current envrionment.

One thing is that, the SPFL were happy to write the rules as they went along in 2020 so why the hell did they not put a stop to this nonsense where fixtures can be postponed for the purposes of holidays or friendlies??  Anyway, i look forward to Lennon complaining at fixture congestion in April :)

This is so unbelievable and improbable (!?), they obviously didn't (seriously) think it would be an issue. Only in Scotland. Only shellick.... and you're right, they are the only team that would have went through with this, such is their disdain for everyone in Scottish football except themselves.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are in denial. 

They might turn the other way. Suppose when there isn't no much reporting of it.

Some will be, but  I know a few middle class ones who never go to games, and don't live in small town Scotland who are completely ignorant to the behaviour of an element of Celtic fans.

Totally agree about the media blackout.

indianajones
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Man City's women team. 4 have caught it from their training camp in DUBAI.

When are Celtic due to return? 

willie wallace

The guidance regarding overseas travel has been pretty constant for the last couple of months at least.

Essential travel only.

Whether they have broken any laws is irrelevant.

They have deliberately went against the advice that the vast majority of the country are adhering to.

3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

The guidance regarding overseas travel has been pretty constant for the last couple of months at least.

Essential travel only.

Whether they have broken any laws is irrelevant.

They have deliberately went against the advice that the vast majority of the country are adhering to.

The optics are not good, that's for sure. 

19 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not interested in retribution mate. I’m interested in the law being applied properly no matter who or what you are. I’d take the same view if any other club did this, including ours. It’s fecking outrageous that they have been allowed to leave the country for this when no one in the rest of the country can leave their house 

Spot on. In a nutshell. It's an utter disgrace.

Callum McGregor in Dubai: "the heat helps us train better" 

Everyone else: "We couldn't give a flying **** about the effectiveness of your training you absolute muppet."

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Man City - careful, you'll get in trouble = now has to be Woman City - Amen and Awomen, as the American Congressman finished his inclusive prayer a few days ago!!!

Seriously, they were there on a group holiday, it wasn't a training camp and they went over Christmas.  Three Arsenal women players in the same boat.  Rightly getting condemned, even by their own "teampeople."

This actually makes Celtic's action even worse.  At the very least for starters, they should be forced to quarantine and forget about playing any games for 10-14 days.  What if one or more pick up the South African variant, which seems to be resistant to the vaccines?

Self-isolation should be womandatory!!!

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Man City didn't have a training camp in Dubai.

Some of their players went on holiday. Arsenal women players now too. 

But the Womens League have effectively criticised them for going. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Man City didn't have a training camp in Dubai.

Some of their players went on holiday. Arsenal women players now too. 

But the Womens League have effectively criticised them for going. 

Indeed was just coming on the his thread to read posts about these two teams players. Surely this should be a huge red flag for Celtic and the SFA? They can’t take any chances or can they? 😒

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed was just coming on the his thread to read posts about these two teams players. Surely this should be a huge red flag for Celtic and the SFA? They can’t take any chances or can they? 😒

They had boli on the bench and subbed him on knowing he had been in Spain those months ago

2 hours ago, millano77 said:

https://www.cufi.org.uk/news/celtic-fans-throw-anti-semitic-abuse-at-israeli-player-after-red-card-zionist-rat/
I know it’s not about the training camp but I thought the were the greatest fans in the world 

The greatest self appointed fans, in their own self absorbed delusional world. For everyone else they're smelly *****. 

Blackford Hearts
10 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

When have there ever been 3 home games for one of the arse cheeks in a seasons league games? The fans would implode if that happened

5 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

When have there ever been 3 home games for one of the arse cheeks in a seasons league games? The fans would implode if that happened

I think it has happened once, the season after newco won promotion from the championship at effectively took Dundee Uniteds fixture schedule from the previous season

Blackford Hearts
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I think it has happened once, the season after newco won promotion from the championship at effectively took Dundee Uniteds fixture schedule from the previous season

I stand corrected. Did the fans implode? 😂 (no need to answer)

Re Celtic’s running of Scottish football. Can anyone confirm whether Levein’s participation in BBC Scotland radio broadcasts ended when he made a similar comment? 

Just seen Englands introduced a required negative test before you are allowed to travel here. 

i assume that will come in up here but will be designed to begin after Celtic return

When are these filthy cretins back ? And surely they will all be tested for covid before the Hibs game ? or do results not show up that soon ? Effectively they could bring Scottish football to its knees if they’ve caught it over there. It beggars belief that the SFA are not interested, or even the SG don’t seem to be.

amateur football is still going on here as well which beggars belief as well

Edited by 1971fozzy

Blackford Hearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Just seen Englands introduced a required negative test before you are allowed to travel here. 

i assume that will come in up here but will be designed to begin after Celtic return

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/coronavirus-scotland-international-travellers-require-negative-covid-19-test-scottish-government-announces-3089240
Quote from The Scotsman in article about new regulations: 

“In Scotland, the Government said the new public health requirement would be “introduced as soon as practically possible”.

AKA when Celtic have safely returned 

I'm sure Celtic will creep back in time before these new procedures for entry to the country are put in place. Which is a shame as the seethe this would have produced would have been a sight.

That isn't to say that the new rules are on hold just so Celtic can get back, as some seem to be inferring. To think so is, imo, paranoid to Alex Jones/Infowars levels!

13 hours ago, Blackford Hearts said:

My mistake... looking back, it has never happened, but I'm 99% certain the discussion took place (seems to have stood out in my mind since the start of the spilt.)

However, the fact that it's NOT happened to them (yet it has to everyone else) is just as big a talking point... and a glaring fact that everything is carried out/changed/butchered to suit the uglies.

There is no such thing as a 'level playing field' when it comes to the SPL. Fixture manipulation, refereeing, TV money distribution etc etc.

JUST PLAIN WRONG. What a ****ing tinpot organisation.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

I'm sure Celtic will creep back in time before these new procedures for entry to the country are put in place. Which is a shame as the seethe this would have produced would have been a sight.

That isn't to say that the new rules are on hold just so Celtic can get back, as some seem to be inferring. To think so is, imo, paranoid to Alex Jones/Infowars levels!

Didn't realise the One Show were covering such topics these days.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn't realise the One Show were covering such topics these days.

That is a woman who is breastfeeding.

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )