Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've not been on many busses but those I have been on have had certain seats taped off. As for aeroplanes, the argument seems to be that they are safer due to how they circulate/filter air although I'm dubious about that.

Yeah but there’s no signs saying you shouldn’t sit beside other folk, that I’ve seen. Those blocked off are to keep you far enough away from the driver. 
No way is the air on a plane safe, it wasn’t before the pandemic. 
https://www.cntraveler.com/story/how-clean-and-safe-is-a-planes-cabin-air

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/2020/08/how-clean-is-the-air-on-your-airplane-coronavirus-cvd/

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Unknown user
58 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Any time Jason L has described it in a nutshell, so to speak, he has said that the arrangements allowing football to continue relate to whenever the players cross the white line. At any other time they are subject to the same restrictions as everyone else.

That can't be right, there was the thing about St Mirren allowing 1m distance on the bus as per government guidance as opposed to 2m as per football agreement and being punished for it. 

4 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looks like it'll be accessed in some official capacity..... but it'll be by the SPFL, so... sweep, sweep.

news.jpg

They would have the conduct of the Scotland players in Serbia as well.

There seems to be a bit of a spat involving the name of a certain comedian from a double act namely

Eric Morecambe

The result of this IMHO is that quite a few JKB members are at this time Hibsing it at each other, what a place.

Back on topic

The SPFL and certain member clubs/players/officials are an example of what the current UK government are in acting outwith the rules and regulations because they think it only applies to the little people. 

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That can't be right, there was the thing about St Mirren allowing 1m distance on the bus as per government guidance as opposed to 2m as per football agreement and being punished for it. 

I think you're about to see all these 'punishments' that have been dished out to various teams, disappear under appeal. Otherwise the SPFL will have to hold shellick to the same standards.

2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Not sure they would be able to hide it if they did have a positive case. Sure I read that any private testing facility was duty, and legally, bound to inform Track and Trace if they produced any COVID-19 positive results. When I went for the private test at EDI a couple of weeks the T&C's stated in the result of a positive COVID-19 reading, they would inform Track and Trace team straight after informing me. 

I'm not sure either what they need to in relation to GPS tracking.  I think the players need to wear them at all times in and around playing and training and team meals and so on.  Would the whole trip be considered a training event?

1 positive case when you have 40 - 50 folk from the same party all cooped up in same hotel for days on end has disaster written all over it.

Edited by DETTY29

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

simple solution would be to ban Celtic from travel and UEFA should step in and ban them for 3 years or more. They’ve put the health of families, a leagues future, and a nation under lockdown at risk. All for their selfish reasons. They should have the book thrown at them. 
Rangers shouldn’t suffer, neither should the rest of us. The sight of them not socially distancing drinking beer hours after a defeat that (let’s face it) lost them their dream is sickening. They will do anything to get the league null and voided.  Hope the SG open an enquiry. They should be made to of they come back with the virus.

I have to disagree with that part of your post.

Maybe not as a direct consequence of Celtic's actions but they certainly should suffer.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I see the SFA have declined the invitation to 'investigate'. 

And they wonder why the requests for 'test events' etc get regularly rebuffed..

I think this is the first shot fired in hoping the SG put a stop to football.

I believe if the SG stop it. Doncaster and Lawell can call the league null and void and as the SG stopped it, no financial penalties will be incurred with Sky.

The footballing authorities want to play politics with the politicians then there will only be one winner and it wont be the footballing authorities.

I wouldn't be astonished if the SG informs the SFA that if they are refusing to investigate then they will go ahead and do it themselves. I can see a u turn happening here. 

22 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I wouldn't be astonished if the SG informs the SFA that if they are refusing to investigate then they will go ahead and do it themselves. I can see a u turn happening here. 

With the SG accepting that they approved a warm weather training session back in November that muddies the waters a bit.

The only thing that remains is the photos of non compliant R&R and some statement by the club relating to R&R that I haven’t seen published. Everything else seems to be approved and legal, if unwise.

Almost everyone involved is going to want this to drop off the radar. Celtic, the SFA/SPFL, the SG, friends of Celtic in the MSM. There are a couple of clubs who might want to use it in appeals. Those appeals will be granted no doubt to avoid dealing with the Celtic issue. 

Might raise its head again if some players come back with Covid but otherwise this is being swept under the carpet because no one really wants or is brave enough for the hassle of having to deal with Celtic.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

With the SG accepting that they approved a warm weather training session back in November that muddies the waters a bit.

The only thing that remains is the photos of non compliant R&R and some statement by the club relating to R&R that I haven’t seen published. Everything else seems to be approved and legal, if unwise.

Almost everyone involved is going to want this to drop off the radar. Celtic, the SFA/SPFL, the SG, friends of Celtic in the MSM. There are a couple of clubs who might want to use it in appeals. Those appeals will be granted no doubt to avoid dealing with the Celtic issue. 

Might raise its head again if some players come back with Covid but otherwise this is being swept under the carpet because no one really wants or is brave enough for the hassle of having to deal with Celtic.

I must admit I was of a very similar opinion up until the FM mentioned it yesterday. I think it's mentioned again by the SG and the SFA will do a swift cover up job investigation.

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I must admit I was of a very similar opinion up until the FM mentioned it yesterday. I think it's mentioned again by the SG and the SFA will do a swift cover up job investigation.

She only mentioned it because she was asked by a journalist and she clearly doesn’t have any real interest in pushing it. Possibly in the background there will be communications going on about the rank stupidity of their actions, but it will wash over them with no harm, unless the police or border control take it upon themselves to intervene it’s not more than a ‘don’t be so daft’ phone call coming Celtics way. Celtic, having lost 10IAR do not give one single shite about what anyone thinks about their training camp. If they did, they wouldn’t have gone.

Edited by JimmyCant

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there's suggestions that the players families are out there with them, including Scott Browns mum and step father, surely that's not true??

So Donald Trump is not allowed to visit Scotland to play golf but the Septic entourage can visit Dubai to do so.

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there's suggestions that the players families are out there with them, including Scott Browns mum and step father, surely that's not true??

I will ask my contact if he is working today.............watch this space.

28 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well in one of the pics there is quite clearly a female sitting in amongst them so you’d imagine that can only be staff or family. Surely it can’t be the public. Besides Dubai is safe , no one catches covid there. Def not 4 Man City womens team players....

2 weeks in Dubai is safer than staying 2 weeks in Lennoxtown.  The security is in travelling back.   Assume it is a chartered plane.

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

So Donald Trump is not allowed to visit Scotland to play golf but the Septic entourage can visit Dubai to do so.

Trump not in Scotland, Celtic not in Scotland? Sounds like a win-win to me.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Might raise its head again if some players come back with Covid but otherwise this is being swept under the carpet because no one really wants or is BRAVE enough for the hassle of having to deal with Celtic.

A actual elected government scared of a sports team is about as embarrassing as it gets.

The Scottish government should be making a strong statement. Not hoping that no one trips over the huge lump in the carpet.

If anyone can stomach looking then both 'Hail Hail' and 'Video Celts' are a hoot! Apparently, Dubai R&R has been central to their league victories for x number of years therefore, quite clearly, this latest trip is totally legitimate. It seems like boozing by the poolside is a legitimate tactic in their eyes. Also, much 'whataboutary' with pictures of Nicola S.  Talk about deluded?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but there’s no signs saying you shouldn’t sit beside other folk, that I’ve seen. Those blocked off are to keep you far enough away from the driver. 
No way is the air on a plane safe, it wasn’t before the pandemic. 
https://www.cntraveler.com/story/how-clean-and-safe-is-a-planes-cabin-air

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/2020/08/how-clean-is-the-air-on-your-airplane-coronavirus-cvd/

Too true. I've been on one (Easyjet) flight to/from London since the original March lockdown and it was a farce. No social distancing, packed, and aw'body removing facemasks to slurp coffee/G&T's. Apart from anything else, picking up infections on 'planes (both for passengers and cabin crew/pilots) is pretty well documented. Anyone who has ever boarded a quick turnaround on Easyjet/Ryanair and been hit with the wall of 'plane-farts' will testify to that. ☺

Pasquale for King
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Too true. I've been on one (Easyjet) flight to/from London since the original March lockdown and it was a farce. No social distancing, packed, and aw'body removing facemasks to slurp coffee/G&T's. Apart from anything else, picking up infections on 'planes (both for passengers and cabin crew/pilots) is pretty well documented. Anyone who has ever boarded a quick turnaround on Easyjet/Ryanair and been hit with the wall of 'plane-farts' will testify to that. ☺

Yeah I think I read about that a while back, I suppose the air is a bit thin to simply pump in and out but it’s not something I fancy doing at the minute. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Deloitte could do it for them.

40 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

A actual elected government scared of a sports team is about as embarrassing as it gets.

The Scottish government should be making a strong statement. Not hoping that no one trips over the huge lump in the carpet.

Government in the UK is traditionally reticent about getting involved in sport, relying on the respective bodies to govern their sports adequately. 

I am not aware of any difficulties down south so it begs the question as to why our government has to keep stepping in to provoke action in our game. Doncaster should be utterly ashamed tbh

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As long as no one comes back with Covid, the way to end this is for Hibs to beat Celtic. 

Too far?

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Government in the UK is traditionally reticent about getting involved in sport, relying on the respective bodies to govern their sports adequately. 

I am not aware of any difficulties down south so it begs the question as to why our government has to keep stepping in to provoke action in our game. Doncaster should be utterly ashamed tbh

Makes you wonder if they are trying to piss off the Scottish Government in the hope that they put a stop to games. That would give them the excuse to Null and void the season.  That would suit Celtic. I would not put it past the SPFL and the SFA. The game here is rotten to the core.

Edited by Deevers

Gorgie Boot boy
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The Government are the ones with the power , not some wealthy football dictators.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Makes you wonder if they are trying to piss off the Scottish Government in the hope that they put a stop to games. That would give the. The excuse to Null and void the season.  That would suit Celtic. I would not put it past the SPFL and the SFA. The game here is rotten to the core.

Only flaw in that is that it is Rangers as the fall guys. Otherwise, it would be a good shout

kirkierobroy
7 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Imagine a Celtic player returns a positive test when they get back.

PLEASE let it be Broon.

Perhaps the ScoGov did nod through the Dubai trip in November. That was November. The world, really, has changed since then.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Between their mhanky fans protesting and thier team taking the piss, one would think these chancing *******s are trying to get football shut down and doing their best to make sure fans don't get Into games. 

Their "mhanky fans" get mhankier by the week...

Celtic's Israeli midfielder Bitton called 'dirty Jew' amid torrent of abuse after derby defeat - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

How utterly depressing. From "the club open to all" and "the club like no other"

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Celtic's Israeli midfielder Bitton called 'dirty Jew' amid torrent of abuse after derby defeat - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

How utterly depressing. From "the club open to all" and "the club like no other"

That is abysmal behaviour. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

The Geatest Fans In The World.

Right there.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

As long as no one comes back with Covid, the way to end this is for Hibs to beat Celtic. 

Watch out what you wish for. Wanting a Hibs win and you'll never hear the end of it. Mind you, it would be VERY funny to witness. Can you imagine the fallout? 😄

Brick Tamland
43 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

That is absolutely vile

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Watch out what you wish for. Wanting a Hibs win and you'll never hear the end of it. Mind you, it would be VERY funny to witness. Can you imagine the fallout? 😄

celtc deserve to be on the receiving end from ANY source, that being the case from last year. In some respects it would be the supreme irony if it came from their averred "feeder club since 1888"  😀

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

They can make a strong statement or they can suggest strongly to the Chief Constable that he investigates, however the social distancing offences have taken place in another country. It’s an offence to leave the country for R&R though of course.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They can make a strong statement or they can suggest strongly to the Chief Constable that he investigates, however the social distancing offences have taken place in another country. It’s an offence to leave the country for R&R though of course.

I'll say it once again : absolutely nothing will be done to punish celtc, by anyone.

Best to just forget all hopes and ideas of any retribution and fully use the situation as an opportunity to rip the Lilian Gish out of their horrible scummy fans.  🙂

Edited by JDK2020

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

I'll say it once again : absolutely nothing will be done to punish celtc, by anyone.

Best to just forget all hopes and ideas of any retribution and fully use the situation as an opportunity to rip the Lilian Gish out of their horrible scummy fans.  🙂

I’m not interested in retribution mate. I’m interested in the law being applied properly no matter who or what you are. I’d take the same view if any other club did this, including ours. It’s fecking outrageous that they have been allowed to leave the country for this when no one in the rest of the country can leave their house 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not interested in retribution mate. I’m interested in the law being applied properly no matter who or what you are. I’d take the same view if any other club did this, including ours. It’s fecking outrageous that they have been allowed to leave the country for this when no one in the rest of the country can leave their house 

OK, my apologies, 'retribution' was maybe not the best choice of words.

I realised what you meant was that it would be quite correct that celtc, or anyone else whoever it may be, be held to account for this trip, by at least one form of authority in Scotland.

Indeed, it could well be argued that any other club would have been for the high jump for this, (I'd go so far as to suggest there would be a clamour for it to happen). but IMHO, the club in question will not. 

Edited by JDK2020

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Hopefully decent Celtic fans are calling that out and distancing themselves from those remarks. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

spot on.

1 minute ago, Jap Jambo said:

Hopefully decent Celtic fans are calling that out and distancing themselves from those remarks. 

Sorry, what?

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )