Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Toxteth O'Grady

This is a bit of a Dominic Cummings moment - they are going to have to wriggle to get out of this. Sturgeon might seal their fate - along with the rest of Scottish Football if the SFA and SPFL don’t act very quickly 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

How many times can that cancerous club get away with doing what they want. They are the Donald of football. They show no class and are always the first to be vocal yet time and time again their existence is holding our game back. Lets see if Hibs demand clarification over their visit to Covid Park

Nothing a couple of January loan deals won't fix. Leigh get your boots packed,your going home.

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This is a bit of a Dominic Cummings moment - they are going to have to wriggle to get out of this. Sturgeon might seal their fate - along with the rest of Scottish Football if the SFA and SPFL don’t act very quickly 

Point is that if SG steps in, then focus has to be on SFA/spfl lack of leadership.

It will be spun that it's the SG's fault, but it's plain that it isn't.

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This is a second offence given the postponement of their fixture due to the player who took a jolly to Spain earlier in the season.

I am sure the SFA will take this into consideration.

:Aye:

They will get away with it under the trip was allowed under full knowledge and understanding from the SFA and SPFL

If Celtic prove to be the catalyst that forces the SG to terminate this season. Forcing the reimbursement of tv money,withdrawal of government grants etc. Consequently leading to the demise if several teams,people losing their jobs,hundreds of years of history lost, thensurely the repercussions would be equally severe. 

A hard,hard talking to type of thing. Maybe even a scathing fax.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Diadora Van Basten

I am concerned that Hearts will be affected by this. The SPFL will serve us up as sacrificial lambs so that they are seen to be doing something by The Scottish Government whilst the SPFL protect Celtic once again. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They will get away with it under the trip was allowed under full knowledge and understanding from the SFA and SPFL

Which suggests culpability on their part!

18Jambo_dave74

Don’t expect Hibs to make any sort of complaint or demands about this game.

Creepy Jack Ross in the paper sticking up for them and claiming “I’m sure, if you asked everyone, they’d know someone who has ventured overseas. I’m quite sure of that”.  So many people unable to work and unable to see their families yet “everyone” knows somebody who has went abroad. Insulting nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am concerned that Hearts will be affected by this. The SPFL will serve us up as sacrificial lambs so that they are seen to be doing something by The Scottish Government whilst the SPFL protect Celtic once again. 

Behave. Seriously.

Toxteth O'Grady
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Point is that if SG steps in, then focus has to be on SFA/spfl lack of leadership.

It will be spun that it's the SG's fault, but it's plain that it isn't.

Sturgeon already warned them about lack of leadership. If they do nothing she’ll flame them IMO.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Don’t expect Hibs to make any sort of complaint or demands about this game.

Creepy Jack Ross in the paper sticking up for them and claiming “I’m sure, if you asked everyone, they’d know someone who has ventured overseas. I’m quite sure of that”.  So many people unable to work and unable to see their families yet “everyone” knows somebody who has went abroad. Insulting nonsense. 

Everyone knows someone who went abroad but also know they are arseholes for going away during a global pandemic. 

Jack Ross is a walloper. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sturgeon already warned them about lack of leadership. If they do nothing she’ll flame them IMO.

And quite rightly!

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Which suggests culpability on their part!

All of whom are so far up Lawells arse they can see Doncaster's feet.

Funny how Hibs fans are now talking about how it’s about time that the non old firm teams start to stand up to Celtic calling the shots

Felix Lighter

h1b5 have a duty of care to their players. If it was us I'd be fuming if the club weren't demanding answers ahead of tomorrow, especially after being buggered about with the fixture change in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Smacks of Ross' missus or family having a wee jolly somewhere.

Projection.

more likely not wanting to burn bridges for when they bin Lennon, don't think he's qualified but he may feel deluded enough to think he is.

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

Funny how Hibs fans are now talking about how it’s about time that the non old firm teams start to stand up to Celtic calling the shots

This is the catch 22 scenario while half of me whole heartedly agrees with this the other half says get it right up yea ya shower of two faced tossers it's called karma and we told you it was coming so TAKE YOUR MEDICINE 

The Future's Maroon

Rightly, Hibs fans not happy and want their club to be asking serious questions....problem being the fans can want what they like (even rightly)....he head yins will just do what Celtic tell them to do.

8 minutes ago, andi17 said:

This is the catch 22 scenario while half of me whole heartedly agrees with this the other half says get it right up yea ya shower of two faced tossers it's called karma and we told you it was coming so TAKE YOUR MEDICINE 

Same mate what Celtic get away with infuriates me I really am to the point that I am done with the game

Celtic have influential people in the Government/media/legal system/SFA and god knows where else they literally are untouchable 

Italian Lambretta

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Shane Duffy his sharp exit from Dubai back to London was very suspicious. 

Probably tested positive over in Dubai and has been told to go back to uk with the club coming out with the line that he returned because of family issues.

6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Rightly, Hibs fans not happy and want their club to be asking serious questions....problem being the fans can want what they like (even rightly)....he head yins will just do what Celtic tell them to do.

I would imagine Hibs would be quite happy with a postponement as it would be 4 defeats on the bounce no doubt.So postpone to later in the year will keep them happy.

37 minutes ago, Boris said:

Behave. Seriously.

Don’t think it’s so unbelievable that Scottish footballs solution to this problem will be to end the lower league seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Same mate what Celtic get away with infuriates me I really am to the point that I am done with the game

Celtic have influential people in the Government/media/legal system/SFA and god knows where else they literally are untouchable 

Celtic and Rangers have always had influence over the SFA. Just have to accept it, or move on to rugby. 

Weakened Offender
39 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

WTF? 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Don’t think it’s so unbelievable that Scottish footballs solution to this problem will be to end the lower league seasons. 

They will certainly take a poll on it.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Celtic and Rangers have always had influence over the SFA. Just have to accept it, or move on to rugby. 

That’s the problem people just accept it 

40 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Whereas I don't agree with her policies i do think sturgeon is a good politician, there's a contradiction, and I don't think she's afraid of anyone within the sfa.

I hope she burns their balls over hot coals.  In fact I'd pay good money to watch that.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Shane Duffy his sharp exit from Dubai back to London was very suspicious. 

Probably tested positive over in Dubai and has been told to go back to uk with the club coming out with the line that he returned because of family issues.

Even if that is sarcasm, you are hitting the heights. The sneaky snidey way some people are behaving, pre thought intention bordering on criminal in these times of restrictions. Flaunting or flouting their protective status as elite sports people, attempting to Pervert the course of justice an offence committed when a person prevents justice from being served on him/herself or on another party.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

It’s not outwith the bounds of possibility. Mentioned in the commentary for the Spurs match that the regional leagues in England are meeting next week to decide if the season should be made null and void. Quite a few tiers lower I know but it’s starting. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Shut down the club who blatantly break rules,  not the same as someone catching Covid while at the local shop or from a team mate.

You do realise in a democracy that the government make the laws and completely independent authorities and organisations (in our case the police and the courts) enforce them and punish breaches. That’s one of the pillars of democracy that the law makers are distinct from the enforcers.

The government  have no power or authority to punish Celtic as an individual club. They have suggested that the SFA ‘investigate’ and that is as far as they can go. 

However if football as a whole is not doing its bit as far as compliance and public safety is concerned, the government has the authority to stop all football, and indeed all sport as an emergency Covid measure. They have hinted twice on this in the last week directly due to the Celtic holiday (let’s all call it what it actually was)

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

I remember when it was Jim Farry that ran the show with them. 

Don’t really remember him was he not forced to leave over a dispute with Celtic? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, JimmyCant said:

You do realise in a democracy that the government make the laws and completely independent authorities and organisations (in our case the police and the courts) enforce them and punish breaches. That’s one of the pillars of democracy that the law makers are distinct from the enforcers.

The government  have no power or authority to punish Celtic as an individual club. They have suggested that the SFA ‘investigate’ and that is as far as they can go. 

However if football as a whole is not doing its bit as far as compliance and public safety is concerned, the government has the authority to stop all football, and indeed all sport as an emergency Covid measure. They have hinted twice on this in the last week directly due to the Celtic holiday (let’s all call it what it actually was)

Who says they have no power, we are living in times similar to Marshall law.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Who says they have no power, we are living in times similar to Marshall law.

Okay let me put it another way since you dont understand democracy 

The government WONT step in and punish Celtic. They EXPECT the JRG and the football authorities to sort their house out and they’ve been warned 3 times now. The government MIGHT shut down football if football can’t or won’t handle its own business 

Edited by JimmyCant

Toxteth O'Grady
43 minutes ago, Boris said:

And quite rightly!

Absolutely - she is already exasperated by the shambles that football has made of the special dispensation to play.  Celtic have been chief culprits with Bolingoli, Lawell banging on about fans returning, fans being idiots outside the ground, and now the Dubai shambles.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Johnson is doing an awful job, so is Sturgeon, and, even more so, the Welsh fellow.  

Somehow, Scottish football officials, are doing even worse. 

How long does it take for some people to follow the rules, implicating them will never happen with clowns running the circus.

15 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So the perpetrators get off? Really?

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive
Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The Chunky Chicken Champions.

I worked there played football for them too.

Sorry
Martial law

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

11 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Don’t really remember him was he not forced to leave over a dispute with Celtic? 

That would be the occasion Celtic tried to register a player before and OF match and the offices were mysteriously shut. Can’t remember the player’s name though, Jorge somebody, Portuguese forward with curly hair. Went on to be one of their best players for a couple of seasons. 

edit. Jorge Cadete. Farry was sacked for gross misconduct. 

Edited by Tazio

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

That would be the occasion Celtic tried to register a player before and OF match and the offices were mysteriously shut. Can’t remember the player’s name though, Jorge somebody, Portuguese forward with curly hair. Went on to be one of their best players for a couple of seasons. 

Cadette 

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I worked there played football for them too.

Sorry
Martial law

Now you’ve learned how to spell it. Go and look up what it means

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

That’s it farry was made to quit his post after that am sure 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Now you’ve learned how to spell it. Go and look up what it means

Away you go

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )
Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

edit. Jorge Cadete. Farry was sacked for gross misconduct. 

Back when Rangers called the shots. 

Until they died. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Away you go

I’m not going anywhere mate. Though I’m astonished you’re still here after your overtly racist post earlier today.