Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

What I don’t get is why they even thought it was the right thing to do after Xmas and new year. What idiotic thinking. Surely at some point at least somebody must of asked the question ? It’s almost like they have some vile plan up their sleeves to get football halted or null and voided.

is there a more disgusting and vile club on this planet ? I sincerely doubt it. I really do.

There was a time football clubs were close to their communities.

These days have gone. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

SectionDJambo

Strange how the JRG is said to have approved of this "training opportunity" for Celtic, during the Covid pandemic, but stopped Hearts training because of the same Covid pandemic.

I really don't know the answer to this one. Did any other club in Europe go off to do warm weather training during any winter break their league may have had?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Running isn't possible in cold weather 

It is middle of the season - why are they not fit?

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The first response is spot on: pretty hard to get sharp when you’re on a plane for 8 hours and downing pints. 

doctor jambo
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There was a time football clubs were close to their communities.

These days have gone. 

I disagree , celtic perfectly reflect their fan base 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

We've got Celtic claiming government permission and the SG denying this

Spin clearly from both sides to deflect the critics

Celtic might well have asked about the trip and been told if it does this and this it will meet the requirements laid down however things have changed and they frankly have chosen to ignore those changes...flying out when they knew change was coming within 24 hours just cocks a snot at those left behind

They knew what they were doing and ignored the realities

The SG however are simply reacting to media pressure by making statements trying to avoid their critics and you have to ask what were the footballing authorities doing in terms of not even having a quick word with Celtic and asking them is this really a good idea though they may well have received flak for even asking that question.

Losing the old firm match has caused all sorts of critics within their club to ask questions about the trip...after all who wants to see the losers getting away from it all ....had they won I'm not sure this would have been such an issue but it gave ammunition to many.

The reality is there is nothing to stop them going to Dubai for the right reasons and I've said it before why are all those Celebs not getting flak for claiming these trips are for business when clearly they have gone on holiday...come on Nicola lets hear about them as well.

It however is about perception and  on that front Celtic have lost the argument no matter what they do or say now.

I doubt they will come home early to avoid accusations of admitting being in the wrong 

Nicola of course is looking for easy targets to take the pressure off her whether her speculation is right or wrong...this will help for a couple of days

Unsurprisingly you take the tired old opportunity to blame the political figures you evidently hate

Celtic deliberately chose not to do the right thing. That’s the main point here 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Celtic might well have asked about the trip and been told if it does this and this it will meet the requirements laid down however things have changed and they frankly have chosen to ignore those changes...flying out when they knew change was coming within 24 hours just cocks a snot at those left behind

The SG however are simply reacting to media pressure by making statements trying to avoid their critics and you have to ask what were the footballing authorities doing in terms of not even having a quick word with Celtic and asking them is this really a good idea though they may well have received flak for even asking that question.

Losing the old firm match has caused all sorts of critics within their club to ask questions about the trip...after all who wants to see the losers getting away from it all ....had they won I'm not sure this would have been such an issue but it gave ammunition to many.

The reality is there is nothing to stop them going to Dubai for the right reasons and I've said it before why are all those Celebs not getting flak for claiming these trips are for business when clearly they have gone on holiday...come on Nicola lets hear about them as well.

It however is about perception and  on that front Celtic have lost the argument no matter what they do or say now.

I doubt they will come home early to avoid accusations of admitting being in the wrong 

Nicola of course is looking for easy targets to take the pressure off her whether her speculation is right or wrong...this will help for a couple of days

I don’t really read celeb stories but which celebs have gone off to warmer climates for “business reasons”? 

And have those celebs been offered financial assistance to survive the season?

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Then why have we never asked for a match to be postponed so we can get our players fit? Such an obvious thing to do...

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do players not run during games Dec, Jan, and Feb?

There is absolutely no chance that the SNP are going to deliberately alienate a massive chunk of their core vote by locking horns in earnest with celtc. 

Absolutely none.

As for the SFA and/or the SPFL taking them to task? Aye, right! 🤣🤣🤣

There's a lot of posturing going on here, because it's a public talking point, but the celtc-minded's grip on scottish society is never going to be compromised by this issue - or any other.

After another day or so of nervous buck-passing it will all disappear up it's own arse.

9 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

There is absolutely no chance that the SNP are going to deliberately alienate a massive chunk of their core vote by locking horns in earnest with celtc. 

Absolutely none.

There's a lot of posturing going on here, because it's a public talking point, but the celtc-minded's grip on scottish society is never going to be compromised by this issue - or any other.

After another day or so of nervous buck-passing it will all disappear up it's own arse.

:rofl:

Abiola Dauda
Just now, His name is said:

It would be very interesting to see what happens if they come back and a number of players / staff test positive

I would expect a similar punishment to the one they got for the squad photo.

20 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Absolutely none.

Action on this is nothing to do with the Scottish Government. It’s a possible contravention of the law on travelling internationally and that’s a matter for the police, border control and ultimately the courts, all of which are independent from government.

Thats possibly why she didn’t say that much and why she thought she might get into trouble.

Keeping  Celtic and their fans on side is a part of her or her governments policy ? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous in my life !!

Someone somewhere will report this to the correct legal authority/body  and there will be an investigation with an outcome one way or the other. Ask Margaret Ferrier about that one, weeks after she thought she was getting away with it.

This isn’t finished. Someone in legal authority will be told quietly to look at this. That’s exactly what she meant today I believe.

Edited by JimmyCant

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

:rofl:

I’d guess an enormous chunk of votes are influenced by football in this country. It’s utterly embarrassing, but no point in denying it. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Action on this is nothing to do with the Scottish Government. It’s a possible contravention if the law on travelling internationally and that’s a matter for the police, border control and ultimately the courts, all of which are independent from government.

Thats possibly why she didn’t say that much and why she thought she might get into trouble.

Keeping  Celtic and their fans on side is a part of her or her governments policy ? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous in my life !!

Someone somewhere will report this to the correct legal authority/body  and their will be an investigation with an outcome one way or the other. Ask Margaret Ferrier about that one, weeks after she thought she was getting away with it.

This isn’t finished. Someone in legal authority will be told quietly to look at this. That’s exactly what she meant today I believe.

I hope you’re right... but whether they are in the right (technically) or wrong, you have to question their judgement. Who the fcuk at shellick thought this is acceptable? Their ‘we can do whatever the fcuk what we want’ attitude is just breath taking. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d guess an enormous chunk of votes are influenced by football in this country. It’s utterly embarrassing, but no point in denying it. 

There is no evidence to support your guess, without trying to sound dismissive. And I get where you are coming from, but I don't think folk vote like that in enormous numbers.

I mentioned earlier the SG bill that had Celtic/green brigade types frothing...didn't seem to damage the SG electorally.

Edited by Boris

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I don't think anything would've been said had pictures of them drinking not surfaced. That's been the catalyst for all the attention. What amazes me more is why the football authorities allowed it, and subsequently why more focus isn't being placed on them. NS has basically pushed it in their direction and I suspect she'll want answers from them.

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

Yes but my point is that to a TV company it doesn’t matter if the league is voided or if tainted titles are handed out.  

I do find it funny though, we were all raging about the leagues getting called early last season but we would all be raging this season if it was null and void :lol:  

Think it matters a lot to the tv companies. Last season they lost out on a lot of subscriptions when the leagues were suspended//finished early. 
There’s currently no need to call this season early. Even if this lockdown lasts two months there’s enough time to play the remaining games and still finish in late May. We have 17 games to play and would only need 10-12 weeks to finish. 

Celtic are going to end up with a whole pile of games in hand, as it's almost guaranteed there'll be positive cases in the squad because they clearly don't give too much of a shit.

Football is going to be paused again. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Championship end up just 18 fixtures and Rangers winning the top flight while Celtic still had a handful of games in hand that they ran out of time to play.

Gorgie Boot boy

Flaunting the rules for fun, tin pot rulers dithering over finer points. Leaders worth any salt would demand they return, 10-14 quarantine expelled from the league for 5 years. People get fined and face possible imprisonment for breaking the same rules.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Celtic are going to end up with a whole pile of games in hand, as it's almost guaranteed there'll be positive cases in the squad because they clearly don't give too much of a shit.

Football is going to be paused again. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Championship end up just 18 fixtures and Rangers winning the top flight while Celtic still had a handful of games in hand that they ran out of time to play.

It’s heading that way I think 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, kila said:

They’ll lose any further postponed games 3-0 then.  That’s the rules, presumably unless Motherwell and St Mirren are successful with their appeals. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

What I don’t get is why they even thought it was the right thing to do after Xmas and new year. What idiotic thinking. Surely at some point at least somebody must of asked the question ? It’s almost like they have some vile plan up their sleeves to get football halted or null and voided.

is there a more disgusting and vile club on this planet ? I sincerely doubt it. I really do.

Their vile plan is to stop Sevco winning the title so the can claim they never lost the 10 in a row.

Not surprised they are getting away with it. Even if there are positive cases they will escape punishment. 
They were somehow able to play Rogic after he had spent a day and night at gleneagles with Gowser and tested positive the day after. 
More than likely trying to get the league null and void. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They’ll lose any further postponed games 3-0 then.  That’s the rules, presumably unless Motherwell and St Mirren are successful with their appeals. 

They WILL be successful as the GFA can see where this is going and don't want to set a precedent.

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Action on this is nothing to do with the Scottish Government. It’s a possible contravention of the law on travelling internationally and that’s a matter for the police, border control and ultimately the courts, all of which are independent from government.

Someone somewhere will report this to the correct legal authority/body  and there will be an investigation with an outcome one way or the other. Ask Margaret Ferrier about that one, weeks after she thought she was getting away with it.

ANY government who wishes to remain in government makes it policy to protect as best as possible the interests of any significant core vote. Whether they ever publicly acknowledge that or not is a different matter.

Incidentally, I believe that the public, individually or collectively, have every right to vote for whoever they like, just as any government is entitled to seek to secure block votes.

That's democracy and I have no issue with that.

highlandjambo3

Am I right in saying the news reported that Celtic sources were claiming the trip was more R & R than a training camp (I thought I heard that).  So, were they going to train (work) or not? If it was a break (like a holiday) surly that’s out with the rules.......loving the way it’s all falling apart.

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Null and void isn’t an option because of all the money that would need to be returned. That was the primary reason given last season. It hasn’t changed, the money would have to be given back if we null and void.

It was indeed a big reason that Doncaster gave as to why null and void could not be put on the table but wasn’t that proved to be a big steaming pile of shite?  Millions still had to be refunded on the tv deals because of unfulfilled fixtures anyway - presumably the same as had it been null and void?  

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Much as I would absolutely love to see it, celtc are not going to be punished by anybody for this.

41 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Doubt it

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am I right in saying the news reported that Celtic sources were claiming the trip was more R & R than a training camp (I thought I heard that).  So, were they going to train (work) or not? If it was a break (like a holiday) surly that’s out with the rules.......loving the way it’s all falling apart.

The photos are what is causing the problem.

Possible breaching of rules. While in UAE they still have to follow the football protocols. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Much as I would absolutely love to see it, celtc are not going to be punished by anybody for this.

I don’t think they will either, I was meaning more in general should there be any further Covid postponements. 

One thing that nobody in the news / media seems to be picking up on is why did the SPFL force Hibs to postpone a game so Celtic could go on a winter holiday which is ridiculous enough on its own but even worse when they had 3 games in hand to fit in over the winter months . They may have rearranged, I’m no sure, but clearly there could be further weather related postponements or maybe Covid related. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t think they will either, I was meaning more in general should there be any further Covid postponements. 

One thing that nobody in the news / media seems to be picking up on is why did the SPFL force Hibs to postpone a game so Celtic could go on a winter holiday which is ridiculous enough on its own but even worse when they had 3 games in hand to fit in over the winter months . They may have rearranged, I’m no sure, but clearly there could be further weather related postponements or maybe Covid related. 

Speaking to a hibby on the subject today he seemed to believe that celtc had stated that all had been cleared with the SG and the football authorities early in November, but the authorities only notified hubs of the fixture change later in the month, which seems rather a rum show.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Perhaps but Celtic fans have little choice a vote for Labour or the Torries and the Union remains in place. So the reality is they'll continue to vote SNP in the hope of destroying what their pals from govan hold so dear. So NS and the SG can do what they want and they'll still get their vote.

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Can you feel the storm rising as the season fails to complete 

Yes but that might not be good for Hearts. The vindictiveness of the SPFL knows no bounds.

On 03/01/2021 at 21:26, Craig_ said:

10 day quarantine upon return, I take it? 

Points awarded to opponents for failing to meet fixtures.

Sorry but Lawless abd Doncaster say no as it gives SEVCO an unfair advantage! League declared void no demotion or promotion also no CHAMPIONS declared.

Paranoid YES!

55 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

ANY government who wishes to remain in government makes it policy to protect as best as possible the interests of any significant core vote. Whether they ever publicly acknowledge that or not is a different matter.

Incidentally, I believe that the public, individually or collectively, have every right to vote for whoever they like, just as any government is entitled to seek to secure block votes.

That's democracy and I have no issue with that.

As someone who spent the whole of my working life dealing with politicians, I have to say that you are absolutely correct.  

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Strange how the JRG is said to have approved of this "training opportunity" for Celtic, during the Covid pandemic, but stopped Hearts training because of the same Covid pandemic.

I really don't know the answer to this one. Did any other club in Europe go off to do warm weather training during any winter break their league may have had?

Great point!

Lawless and Doncster might not agree though!

Mr Brightside
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It does though because the TV company could ask for all that money back if it’s null and void. 

Only if they refund the subscribers and advertisers, which they won’t.

Any payment for games not played would need to be paid back to tv companies in either scenario of null and void or calling the leagues early.

22 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Yes but that might not be good for Hearts. The vindictiveness of the SPFL knows no bounds.

Some top flight clubs might want to be relegated so they can get next season's lockdown government money in the form of a grant rather than loan :whistling:

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Only if they refund the subscribers and advertisers, which they won’t.

Any payment for games not played would need to be paid back to tv companies in either scenario of null and void or calling the leagues early.

Did the Dutch not Null and Void their league?
It’s unlikely that they can afford to pay back a penny at this point, so the top league will be finished if possible. Our tinpot version may well be sacrificed. 

Looks like the TV companies paid out a smaller amount. 
https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/eredivisie-clubs-reach-agreement-on-tv-money-distribution/

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 hours ago, tamanov said:

Dubai a PR disaster but on the plus side, Lennon says the trip has been a great success as he is in the final of the dominos and has already won the steak pie at the darts!

1BB08473-9D5D-4691-978C-9B7DA48F4470.jpeg

😂 Carlsberg

alwaysthereinspirit

I think we all know how this goes at the end of the day.

This is not your run of the mill Scottish football club being discussed.

2 hours ago, His name is said:

It would be very interesting to see what happens if they come back and a number of players / staff test positive

I'd laugh. A lot. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )