Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Maroon Sailor

Still at least they are ready for the league title erm Europe erm League Cup ....... Arbroath or Falkirk

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shockerooney

Inevitable, this was totally and utterly predictable. Great news for St Mirren and Kilmarnock as there is no way the three point deductions will now be allowed to stand.

Going to fetch the popcorn, this should really put the cat among the pigeons but I suspect instead I'll have to content myself with a Lawwell escape that Houdini himself would be proud of. Something else for me to be utterly outraged about no doubt.

There should be questions about this positive test.

If the player was in the hotel bar then all the other players he was with should self isolate. 

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

It’s time for Celtic to be properly held to account for their behaviour this season. 

I know its been cold, but I don't think hell is about to freeze over just yet.🤒

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the player was in the hotel bar then all the other players he was with should self isolate. 

Must have been wearing their GPS trackers when they were in the bar. :whistling:

1 minute ago, credit card said:

Just wonder how many points Hearts will get deducted.....

Season null and void just as effective for the Mhanks

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It raises a question of when they were tested? 

Before or after the flight home?

I wonder if they'll all be tested again tomorrow?

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Must have been wearing their GPS trackers when they were in the bar. :whistling:

Does Griffiths not wear his round his ankle?

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don’t see how Hibs can be made to play this game.

The whole Celtic squad have been socially mixing against protocol all week. Any number of them could be incubating Covid. The fact that there is only one positive so far is irrelevant. There could be 5 or 6 by Tuesday morning.

Something immediate has to be done here or the SG might well pull the rug from under us

Edited by JimmyCant

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, merrymac said:

Season null and void just as effective for the Mhanks

Will be denied that it is anything to do with their trip and mixing with the public,

All the evidence required for the league to be suspended, triggering a newly written rule that, in the event of this action, the title is retained by the previous winners.  

16 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

If Hibs have any backbone they will refuse to play tomorrow

They will do there usual, do what ever peter liewell tells them to do

Sure it was just last month Lennon was saying how Celtic would accept the season being suspended should the covid situation worse. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a wee masterplan been hatched by the scumbags.

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

All the evidence required for the league to be suspended, triggering a newly written rule that, in the event of this action, the title is retained by the previous winners.  

We’re kinda lucky that the premier league is in the bag for an OF team. Means there is no possible chance of them null and voiding. Winners declared as per last season or Rangers and ourselves will go mental (Quite rightly)

Surely that lot must have to self isolate for 10 days now? Especially now that COVID protocols have been breeched.

What a filthy club they are......It's a wonder they don't install Trump as honorary president!....

Don't be surprised now if the SG say "enough is enough".....The clubs were warned, but quite clearly the Mhanks believe that they are above governmentl rules.

I fully expect a government statement tomorrow......   And in all honesty would anyone be surprised if football was suspended until such times that the SFA/SPFL get their house in order.....Depressing!

10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Will be denied that it is anything to do with their trip and mixing with the public,

Liewell and Dungcaster will just invent a new rule to suit

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sure it was just last month Lennon was saying how Celtic would accept the season being suspended should the covid situation worse. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a wee masterplan been hatched by the scumbags.

Suspended is fine. Just resume when the numbers go down. Would have suited Celtic at the time he said it

The powers to be will be in a call just know. Liewell will be asking Liewell if Celtic broke any rules. After a wee snigger they will be in agreement that no case to answer

When asked about the covid procedures, John Kennedy stated, "There's been slip-ups with minor things". 

Now there has been a positive test, surely the game on Monday cant go ahead until further testing etc.

If we were due to play them on Monday, especially if the game had been moved against our wishes, I'd be expecting the club to kick up a major fuss.

Initiate spfl steering group emergency plan alpha immediately.  Stop Hearts training or playing.

Now somebody call Nicola and tell her we've dealt with it. 

jamboinglasgow

What I find interesting from the statement is 

"All other members of our squad, management team and backroom squad are negative."

Thats very different from the statements Hearts put out when our two players got Covid where it instead said:

"The club has been in dialogue with the Joint Response Group and both parties are satisfied that, having traced the player’s movements and close contacts this week, no other players or members of staff will have to self-isolate. "

Now I know twitter is limited on what it put out but though tests can come back negative they are not completely accurate. So you wonder if Celtic are hiding behind the tests in the hope they dont need to isolate anyone when they normally should after close contact. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Duffy?

I did read somewhere that Celtic's departure to Dubai was delayed by a bombscare on the plane.  Airport officials removed Shane Duffy and the plane as allowed to leave.

😈

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I did read somewhere that Celtic's departure to Dubai was delayed by a bombscare on the plane.  Airport officials removed Shane Duffy.

😈

:thumbsup:

image.png.dddcf46beb0365b5b47eaca428ab48a9.png

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I did read somewhere that Celtic's departure to Dubai was delayed by a bombscare on the plane.  Airport officials removed Shane Duffy and the plane as allowed to leave.

😈

😋

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t see how Hibs can be made to play this game.

The whole Celtic squad have been socially mixing against protocol all week. Any number of them could be incubating Covid. The fact that there is only one positive so far is irrelevant. There could be 5 or 6 by Tuesday morning.

Something immediate has to be done here or the SG might well pull the rug from under us

Looking at the pictures of the Marine FC fans in Crosby, I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't beaten to the punch by Boris...

"The government and SFA have said there's not really a case to answer. We've submitted what we've done every day, and the protocols we put in place to minimise any risk, and they seem quite content."

Everything's cushty then, nothing to see here. 

They will be screaming for the Hibs game on Monday night now to be postponed and when Hibs react they will make out they are the victims and hard done by again. The victim card will be played they get away with absolute murder . 

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Looking at the pictures of the Marine FC fans in Crosby, I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't beaten to the punch by Boris...

Just saw them. No wonder we're not getting out of this madness.

🤪

Infected player sitting beside everyone else on buses, in the hotel, restaurants, queues at the airport then on an aluminium tube for a few hours? Team, management team, other officials and Press surely all must now self isolate. 3-0 for the Hobos

Gorgie Boot boy
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What I find interesting from the statement is 

"All other members of our squad, management team and backroom squad are negative."

Thats very different from the statements Hearts put out when our two players got Covid where it instead said:

"The club has been in dialogue with the Joint Response Group and both parties are satisfied that, having traced the player’s movements and close contacts this week, no other players or members of staff will have to self-isolate. "

Now I know twitter is limited on what it put out but though tests can come back negative they are not completely accurate. So you wonder if Celtic are hiding behind the tests in the hope they dont need to isolate anyone when they normally should after close contact. 

Would a club be able to do that though ?

Joint Response Group, must be involved on it.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just saw them. No wonder we're not getting out of this madness.

🤪

They're households watching from thrir gardens that back knto the Marine pitch.

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Liewell and Dungcaster will just invent a new rule to suit

The whole country is being run terribly, these are two names who should be silenced by the Government.

Surely if this player has sat on the plane etc the game can’t go ahead?  It doesn’t matter if the players have tested negative on Friday ffs, hibs should take a stand on this one. 

It’s completely reckless to let the game go ahead tomorrow night with a team full of folk that have been exposed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )