January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Source of the rumour has no track record for ever being ITK so I wouldn't have even bothered Googling the player.

Well that’s why I asked where they got their info, I know they’re not ITK so curious as to where the name came from. (Other than a random scouting recommendation on Football Manager and thinking it’s plausible)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well that’s why I asked where they got their info, I know they’re not ITK so curious as to where the name came from. (Other than a random scouting recommendation on Football Manager and thinking it’s plausible)

Absolutely. Was more trying to warn others before it turned into 10 pages based on nothing.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He plucked it out of thin air in the hope that if he does end up here he can claim to be ITK. 

I remember years back (20 or so) joking with my mates that Aberdeen were making an audacious swoop for the Doncaster goalie. He signed 6 weeks later but that didn’t make me ITK, it was a mickey take which just happened to come true. 😂

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He's also injured for months 

I noticed his Mrs only follows 100 folk on twitter inc 4 football clubs.

His current club PNE, former teams.... Motherwell and Wrexham and also Heart of Midlothian!

Must be coming 😆

2 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

His current club PNE, former teams.... Motherwell and Wrexham and also Heart of Midlothian!

Must be coming 😆

😆

Andy Irving has a lot of interest but Im led to believe a new deal is close and we are very hopeful to get it signed sooner rather than later, Kingsley reopened talks not sure on the progress of that yet. Another 2 expected too move on this week most likely youth loans👍🏻Seen him mentioned on here but stockley was looked at but is close to a move to league 1 in England. Interesting week ahead... Oh and a scarf above the head expected by Friday. Have a good week 🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Andy Irving has a lot of interest but Im led to believe a new deal is close and we are very hopeful to get it signed sooner rather than later, Kingsley reopened talks not sure on the progress of that yet. Another 2 expected too move on this week most likely youth loans👍🏻Seen him mentioned on here but stockley was looked at but is close to a move to league 1 in England. Interesting week ahead... Oh and a scarf above the head expected by Friday. Have a good week 🇱🇻

Cheers mate 

18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A striker and midfielder close?? 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

A striker and midfielder close?? 

A midfielder close hence us letting Olly lee leave.  We had a striker close and I believe we pulled out I’m sure Robbie had a little dig about us being happy to wait on the right one coming along. Talks ongoing on that front 👍🏻 I also wouldn’t rule out a defender joining later in the window but that’s only if one of our summer targets becomes available early 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A midfielder close hence us letting Olly lee leave.  We had a striker close and I believe we pulled out I’m sure Robbie had a little dig about us being happy to wait on the right one coming along. Talks ongoing on that front 👍🏻 I also wouldn’t rule out a defender joining later in the window but that’s only if one of our summer targets becomes available early 

Do you know who the midfielder and striker may be? Without naming names? 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Do you know who the midfielder and striker may be? Without naming names? 

I don’t mate, my source doesn’t really give names until he knows a deal is complete because it can lead to trouble if caught I have mentioned a few times though that we have interest in polworth for the summer which a number of clubs will also be the same but it won’t be him this window. 

7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I don’t mate, my source doesn’t really give names until he knows a deal is complete because it can lead to trouble if caught I have mentioned a few times though that we have interest in polworth for the summer which a number of clubs will also be the same but it won’t be him this window. 

Cheers 👍

kingantti1874

It’s very clear where Robbie is trying to get to. With Ginelly and GMS we are an entirely different proposition.  If we can get another striker and an attacking mid we have the basis of a good side.

we do need to sort out central defence as well. Would sign O’Donnell  myself and put mikey smith in there.. we won’t be able to buy a better CB

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Sounds good 👍

Can defo see about a dozen players being moved on between now & the summer.

Quality over quantity this time!

Priority is to get a striker and attacking midfielder that can go beyond, I know we are working on a loan for a midfielder don't get too excited it's likely to be a youngster from England

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Active then.

Tough window this with Covid19 , family guy unlikely to make the move now 

Could possibly work in our favour  🤞 if someone wants to come back to Scotland to be nearer family. I think that was part of the reason for GMS signing for us. 

I’ve always stood by players in maroon (even if a bit crap) and want them to be given a fair run in the team. However, have to say that of all those who have left - Clare, bozanic, uche, Washington, hickey etc  - they really haven’t been missed. For me this isn’t about them being rubbish I thinks it’s more to do with not having an established style or team identity. I think Robbie is building this - there will be a few dodgy ones (Roberts) but it’s starting to feel better all round 

21 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’ve always stood by players in maroon (even if a bit crap) and want them to be given a fair run in the team. However, have to say that of all those who have left - Clare, bozanic, uche, Washington, hickey etc  - they really haven’t been missed. For me this isn’t about them being rubbish I thinks it’s more to do with not having an established style or team identity. I think Robbie is building this - there will be a few dodgy ones (Roberts) but it’s starting to feel better all round 

He’s after a balance. He realises there is no point in having 5 defensive midfielders but no effective attacking central midfielder. Understands that you need pace in several areas of the park. His signings have been sugar or shite. Gordon, Ginnelly, Kingsley all look great, Frear and Roberts pish. That aside, he’s signed players in positions we actually need filled. That’s the right way to do it. Signing folk like Whelan on an expensive short term deal when we already had defensive midfielders is the wrong way to do it. 

34 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

That’s a tad disingenuous since the team that sent down, including the players you mentioned, would’ve likely been in the exact same position as we are now. Which of course is not a slight on current players or management, they are doing well obviously, just that we are at a much lower standard when it comes to opposition as what the team faced last season. As good as the goals were yesterday, the first two was allowed by space created by atrocious defending and the 3rd was an open goal. I also think those dismissing Roberts have been premature, yes he’s not set the world alight but I think he has talent and will showcase it eventually.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s a tad disingenuous since the team that sent down, including the players you mentioned, would’ve likely been in the exact same position as we are now. Which of course is not a slight on current players or management, they are doing well obviously, just that we are at a much lower standard when it comes to opposition as what the team faced last season. As good as the goals were yesterday, the first two was allowed by space created by atrocious defending and the 3rd was an open goal. I also think those dismissing Roberts have been premature, yes he’s not set the world alight but I think he has talent and will showcase it eventually.

The players who saw us in the relegation spot needed to be shifted though. Lack of heart and team spirit were fairly oblivious for the best part of 2 years. I’d doubt we’d be anything other than top with last seasons squad though so I get your point. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The players who saw us in the relegation spot needed to be shifted though. Lack of heart and team spirit were fairly oblivious for the best part of 2 years. I’d doubt we’d be anything other than top with last seasons squad though so I get your point. 

Yeah, that’s why I said it was a “tad” disingenuous, as changes always need to be made to some extent with a poorly performing team, and a relegated (albeit unfairly) one at that. I also think if Stendel was still in charge he was planning on making big summer changes anyway - on and off the pitch - so we don’t really know what team would have been put out for the 20/21 season whether it be Premiership or Championship if he were still in charge. Out of the players mentioned I would’ve been surprised if Stendel wanted to keep anyone other than Clare. (I think he liked Bozanic but preferred players with years ahead of them, not their twilight)

9 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Must be coming 😆

Surprised more hasn’t been made out of this, he's bang on.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Surprised more hasn’t been made out of this, he's bang on.

That is rather interesting, although I though a few folk said he was out injured at the moment.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

That is rather interesting, although I though a few folk said he was out injured at the moment.

Out of contract for next season though! I think we'll be happy with a target man for just now.

6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thanks for the update.

Bazzas right boot

Get Jack Wilshere up on a short term contract. 

He's out of contract and training with random clubs. 

I'll put the glue down now. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sean Clare struggling at Oxford, now at Burton on loan.

not surprised.. and no thanks before anyone suggests it. 😆

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s very clear where Robbie is trying to get to. With Ginelly and GMS we are an entirely different proposition.  If we can get another striker and an attacking mid we have the basis of a good side.

we do need to sort out central defence as well. Would sign O’Donnell  myself and put mikey smith in there.. we won’t be able to buy a better CB

Findlay and Guthrie would be decent options both out of contract at the end of the season.

9 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

The striker was the one I referred in the middle of last week to but his agent got greedy and it was pulled hours before the medical. (We had a shirt printed with his name on it and everything) It may come back but the difference in demands is now pretty big and the agent is to blame for a last minute extra bonus demand I am told. My source knows who it was but won’t drop the name in case it’s still live but he doubts it. I suspect it was Lafferty but that’s purely a guess on my part.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get Jack Wilshere up on a short term contract. 

He's out of contract and training with random clubs. 

I'll put the glue down now. 

Thought he had agreed to go to Bournemouth?

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The striker was the one I referred in the middle of last week to but his agent got greedy and it was pulled hours before the medical. (We had a shirt printed with his name on it and everything) It may come back but the difference in demands is now pretty big and the agent is to blame for a last minute extra bonus demand I am told. My source knows who it was but won’t drop the name in case it’s still live but he doubts it. I suspect it was Lafferty but that’s purely a guess on my part.

Hope we are charging his agent for the shirt.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Thought he had agreed to go to Bournemouth?

He's training with them, Likley he'll end up there. 

I thought rangers under Gerrard might have been interested. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can't blame the agent on his own, the player in question give the agent the go ahead to try to squeeze the club for more money.

Just now, brux said:

Can't blame the agent on his own, the player in question gives the agent the go ahead to try to squeeze the club for more money.

Does anyone else worry that with the pricks at the SPFL trying to suspend the league that Hearts might have to cancel any plans to sign any other players this window?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

not surprised.. and no thanks before anyone suggests it. 😆

I can’t believe he’s not heading for the premiership !!! Apparently that’s where he was going before we were so unbelievably lucky to get him !!!! 
Sheffield Wednesday gutted to lose him after his 5 appearances in 2 years. 
Beat  Tottenham to him did we not. 

a real coup we were told. 
Load of old tosh he was crud 😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Does anyone else worry that with the pricks at the SPFL trying to suspend the league that Hearts might have to cancel any plans to sign any other players this window?

Nah. 

coatbridgejambo
8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Would take him back in a heart beat.

I agree.was a much improved player under DS.

5 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

I agree.was a much improved player under DS.

He did have spell where he played well but overall he was pish for us.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Would take him back in a heart beat.

**** no. The boy has talent with the ball at his feet but that’s about it but he has little to no spine, hides when it gets hard.. even when he improved under stendel.. what did he do? He’s never a right back or a wing back in a million years as he can’t defend.. and going forward ?got himself into great positions but Little end product .

he can take a pen though.. chicken hearted. Not surprised to see him fail at another club

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

He did have spell where he played well but overall he was pish for us.

about 6 games out of 60. Even then he was utterly ineffective 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He was very frustrating as you knew he had ability but often didn’t do anywhere near enough. 

I don’t think it’s any surprise that he has went backwards at every step of his career.

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah, not to just single him out as we had a full squad doing that, but yeah wouldn't want him back. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

How many times this season has anyone thought “wow we really missed Sean Clare today”?

not even once, would take Ginelly or GMS over him every day of the week.. 

half the problem was where exactly was he supposed to play? Neither a winger or a full back. And ineffective in the 10

Edited by kingantti1874

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )