• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

If Barnsley don't want him, why not. The new EFL salary cap has thrown the availability of older-young development and depth players up in the air tbf so who knows, could happen .

No real cap in the Championship yet. Only Leagues 1 & 2 signed up for it. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

£3 sounds about right for a player like Callachan.

I'm not sure what your memories of him are but he was certainly not quick. Olly Lee is basically a better version of what you think Callachan is. It would be interesting to see how their goal and assist stats compare too.

That's an issue with how Neilson is setting us up away from home. Signing Callachan wouldn't change that. FWIW I like Neilson but he does need to change things on the road.

😂

The over reaction gets me every time.

Bottom 3 😂 based on what exactly? Who do you consider to be the (only) 2 Premiership clubs to have worse squads than us?

Your post is exactly what I mean about the over reaction from Saturday. We'll win the league comfortably and the defeats at Dunfermline and Dundee will be blips along the way. Players we are interested in will want assurances of top flight football so we'll see the quality improve in the summer. Realistically we won't need to make any signings to win the league but there is obvious improvement required in certain areas.

£30m obviously. 
Im not sure what your memory is like but players can actually improve under better coaches, like Sean Clare did last season. 
Lee has better stats on goals and assists than any Hearts midfielder since administration, he doesn’t do much in a game but certainly should be taking corners and free kicks just now, but he’s not 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔
Callachan is quicker than what we have, as you seen incapable of reading what I said. Lee has no effort or desire,certainly doesn’t get about or give 100%. Callachan walked past him and Haring for St Johnstone to score and miss a sitter, even though they were specifically told to watch his runs. He’s not got that much quality no doubt but we could do worse, and have done is all I’m saying. 
Neilsons away tactics would see any team get beat no matter whose in it, like players that can improve but he would need to change his entire strategy for that to happen. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Sky Sports News saying we are interested in Gary Mackay-Steven along with Aberdeen. 
Does the canal go anywhere near Riccarton 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?!?! 

25 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Gavin Reilly just been realised from

Carlisle. 

Robbie has sign him before👀

And five years ago at Hearts he won Man of the match in draw against Celtic at Tynecastle. Wighton V1.0 

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I wonder if that's right.

Firstly signing negotiations are a 2 way street and maybe players would only sign short term contracts because we are in the Championship.  Add to that the financial restraints existing/looming because of Covid and you could see why the club, not just Robbie, would be less than keen to dish out long term contracts.

I have heard it’s absolutely the case. Get promoted and start again next summer is the agreement he has. Might get a couple of his real future picks this window because we are so far ahead. 

25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Neil Lennon's Hibs won 19 games out of 36 when they were promoted. Less than 5 wins per quarter and they were being lauded and still being used as an example. I'm very confident we will exceed that rate in the reduced season.

I'm not just talking about Lennon record in the Championship, I mean overall regarding his ability to instil a harder attitude. It is widely accepted he did that.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

£30m obviously. 
Im not sure what your memory is like but players can actually improve under better coaches, like Sean Clare did last season. 
Lee has better stats on goals and assists than any Hearts midfielder since administration, he doesn’t do much in a game but certainly should be taking corners and free kicks just now, but he’s not 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔
Callachan is quicker than what we have, as you seen incapable of reading what I said. Lee has no effort or desire,certainly doesn’t get about or give 100%. Callachan walked past him and Haring for St Johnstone to score and miss a sitter, even though they were specifically told to watch his runs. He’s not got that much quality no doubt but we could do worse, and have done is all I’m saying. 
Neilsons away tactics would see any team get beat no matter whose in it, like players that can improve but he would need to change his entire strategy for that to happen. 

I read what you said, I just don't remember him being quick and not to the extent that you seem to remember.

Agree about Lee's set piece ability, baffles me as to why he doesn't take more. I disagree about his effort and desire though. Lee works hard but he's not mobile enough to get around the pitch and be the player we want him to be. He needs pace and movement around him so he can dictate play and then get into the box and support. His best football came when we were a real attacking threat with Morrison, Naismith, MacLean and Uche all moving ahead of him and providing options. He's a player to persist with if we can get the balance right around him.

The point always seems to go down to Callachan "giving 100%" which isn't a reason to sign a player. You even said it yourself that he's not got that much quality, which begs the question why we would be interested in the first place.

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

I'm not just talking about Lennon record in the Championship, I mean overall regarding his ability to instil a harder attitude. It is widely accepted he did that.

Conversely he knocked all the fight out of the team at Bolton. Football careers are often based on people finding the right fit, whether by design or accident. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sky Sports News saying we are interested in Gary Mackay-Steven along with Aberdeen. 
Does the canal go anywhere near Riccarton 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?!?! 

His mrs lives in Glasgow so after the year we’ve had, the ongoing travel restrictions, and the fact they’ve been apart for a while now, it may make sense for him to sign for a team in the central belt.

Imagine moving back home and still not being able to your partner. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

£3 sounds about right for a player like Callachan.

I'm not sure what your memories of him are but he was certainly not quick. Olly Lee is basically a better version of what you think Callachan is. It would be interesting to see how their goal and assist stats compare too.

That's an issue with how Neilson is setting us up away from home. Signing Callachan wouldn't change that. FWIW I like Neilson but he does need to change things on the road.

😂

The over reaction gets me every time.

Bottom 3 😂 based on what exactly? Who do you consider to be the (only) 2 Premiership clubs to have worse squads than us?

Your post is exactly what I mean about the over reaction from Saturday. We'll win the league comfortably and the defeats at Dunfermline and Dundee will be blips along the way. Players we are interested in will want assurances of top flight football so we'll see the quality improve in the summer. Realistically we won't need to make any signings to win the league but there is obvious improvement required in certain areas.

Comfortably!  I wouldn't   

Hi am gonna probably get shot down for this but why are a big club like hearts getting out bid by teams like st Mirren for players. Hearts should be trying to get a team together for hopefully when we back in premiership signing players on pre contracts brophy O’Donnell even cadden when he’s fit he’s a player. I would take Steven to tidying up at back with Gallagher to reasoning

brophy better than wighton

gallagher better than berra gallgher Halkett at back.

cadden and stevens better than Robert’s Walker frear 

O donnell I’ve always liked as a player. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

£30m obviously. 

And the ball walked past Callahan when he was guarding the post at a corner.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I read what you said, I just don't remember him being quick and not to the extent that you seem to remember.

Agree about Lee's set piece ability, baffles me as to why he doesn't take more. I disagree about his effort and desire though. Lee works hard but he's not mobile enough to get around the pitch and be the player we want him to be. He needs pace and movement around him so he can dictate play and then get into the box and support. His best football came when we were a real attacking threat with Morrison, Naismith, MacLean and Uche all moving ahead of him and providing options. He's a player to persist with if we can get the balance right around him.

The point always seems to go down to Callachan "giving 100%" which isn't a reason to sign a player. You even said it yourself that he's not got that much quality, which begs the question why we would be interested in the first place.

Exactly.  And you could say the same about the likes of Wighton and Walker.

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Hi am gonna probably get shot down for this but why are a big club like hearts getting out bid by teams like st Mirren for players. Hearts should be trying to get a team together for hopefully when we back in premiership signing players on pre contracts brophy O’Donnell even cadden when he’s fit he’s a player. I would take Steven to tidying up at back with Gallagher to reasoning

Because maybe Hearts weren’t interested in these players. Just because one club wants them doesn’t mean we want them. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Conversely he knocked all the fight out of the team at Bolton. Football careers are often based on people finding the right fit, whether by design or accident. 

Not just football in my experience. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And the ball walked past Callahan when he was guarding the post at a corner.

Yes, that was a baffling moment. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Yeah I agree about the 100%, it’s a basic thing but we’ve so many recently that don’t. 
I think the four we have all have quality but are slow and don’t get about the pitch, Haring has an excuse. I think Halliday was a mistake as he’s so similar, although Gomis/Pallardo/Bauben were too really. Callachan can go box to box but there are hopefully better options. 
We need a better mix next season, cheap options who know the league alongside some quality. 

I don’t see why you wouldn’t have Lee on set pieces, he has a brilliant delivery which is why we try to get him free into that spot on the right where he can produce. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Dayman said:

His mrs lives in Glasgow so after the year we’ve had, the ongoing travel restrictions, and the fact they’ve been apart for a while now, it may make sense for him to sign for a team in the central belt.

Imagine moving back home and still not being able to your partner. 

Yeah I remember seeing something about Colleen Rooney not being happy over there away from family, no pals and Wayne away for weeks at a time and a few piss ups. Mrs Mackay-Steven obviously didn’t fancy it. 
He would be a good addition. 

SSN saying he’s in talks with Aberdeen though. 

2 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Did we bid?

Were we even interested?

Without paying out a decent fee, we'd not get Gallagher until next season but I read somewhere that Celtic were interested so....

Cadden you can keep for me.  Never quite got the love-in about him and doubt if Hearts are even interested unless/until they know Smith is leaving.

Joking apart, Mackay Steven is a sink or swim type of player but I'd be surprised if he's not better than Frear or Roberts.

35 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Training okay. 

John Souttar is training but he still might not kick a ball this season. There's a massive difference between being in training and being at full match fitness. It could take weeks, months to get him fully fit, by which time the season could be over. Not that we even need a centre mid right now anyway as that's one area we've actually got some decent depth, but if we were signing one we would need to sign someone who is ready and raring to go, not someone who we need to nurse back to fitness. 

Also lets not forget that even though he may have had his moments, he was part of possibly the worst Hearts team we've ever seen. If it was up to me and if we had the money, there would have been very little sentiment and the entire squad apart from a handful of individuals would have been emptied and we'd have started again. Unfortunately that's not possible so we're going to have to do it gradually, and that's exactly what Robbie appears to be doing. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Gavin Reilly just been realised from

Carlisle. 

Robbie has sign him before👀

Please no 🙈

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That's very true, but it shows it can be done. There is still something lacking about this squad that in a number of games it takes them until the second half to liven up. If it can be done at half time it should be getting done from the start. If the players continually fail to do this, then promote some of our youngsters. 

Rick Sanchez

I assume contracts are more complex than Football Manager so why not agree three year deals that are void if we don't win promotion. Win/win for both parties.

They'll have just as much interest in them in the summer, covid or no covid. If I was someone like GMS I'd rather check out Edinburgh than Aberdeen. Mind you, Niall McGinn didn't see it that way.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Please no 🙈

Just a general reminder that Gavin Reilly ran about a lot but tended not to threaten the goal very often when he was at Tynecastle.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

John Souttar is training but he still might not kick a ball this season. There's a massive difference between being in training and being at full match fitness. It could take weeks, months to get him fully fit, by which time the season could be over. Not that we even need a centre mid right now anyway as that's one area we've actually got some decent depth, but if we were signing one we would need to sign someone who is ready and raring to go, not someone who we need to nurse back to fitness. 

Also lets not forget that even though he may have had his moments, he was part of possibly the worst Hearts team we've ever seen. If it was up to me and if we had the money, there would have been very little sentiment and the entire squad apart from a handful of individuals would have been emptied and we'd have started again. Unfortunately that's not possible so we're going to have to do it gradually, and that's exactly what Robbie appears to be doing. 

Sibbick played in less than two games, harsh to say he was anything but a tiny part of that team. Quite a few of our current team played a hell of a lot more, as you say if possible should’ve been emptied. 
The depth at CM is all too similar, not that signing Sibbick who is a CH to trade would help, and his obvious fitness issues. 

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Zero confirmation that we made Brophy an offer and even if we had we should offer what we think is right. He certainly wouldn't be a player we would make one of our top earners with a highest ever goal scoring season of 12 including penalties.

Rangers willing to send Jones and Edmundson out on loan.

Don't know too much about the latter but a Hun friend rates him and reckons he would do well in the Championship.

Just saying.

Pasquale for King
Just now, iainmac said:

Just a general reminder that Gavin Reilly ran about a lot but tended not to threaten the goal very often when he was at Tynecastle.

I know, I was hoping someone wouldn’t pick me up on my hypocrisy on the 100% bit 😂

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sibbick played in less than two games, harsh to say he was anything but a tiny part of that team. Quite a few of our current team played a hell of a lot more, as you say if possible should’ve been emptied. 
The depth at CM is all too similar, not that signing Sibbick who is a CH to trade would help, and his obvious fitness issues. 

Glandular fever is not a fitness issue once you get over it. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I assume contracts are more complex than Football Manager so why not agree three year deals that are void if we don't win promotion. Win/win for both parties.

They'll have just as much interest in them in the summer, covid or no covid. If I was someone like GMS I'd rather check out Edinburgh than Aberdeen. Mind you, Niall McGinn didn't see it that way.

Aye but Niall McGinn could go here mate I live at 52.......... and I’m Niall McGinn I kick a football and drive a Merc , wanna walk home to mine as he leans casually on a pillar in Nox 🤣🤣. Thats not available for GMS for two reasons.....

Oh and McGinns chat is as good as , and I quote “whats up with you? Do you need 50p put in your meter to cheer up” 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Glandular fever is not a fitness issue once you get over it. 

It was a fitness issue because he couldn’t train because of it, apparently you suffer for a while after too. I’ve no idea why he didn’t play on loan in Belgium though. We’ve had enough guys with fitness issues recently. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

A striker that can't score. 

You know its happening 😛 

He would’ve been ok this season, a bit like Wighton. 
A 6 month deal maybe 🤔?

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rangers willing to send Jones and Edmundson out on loan.

Don't know too much about the latter but a Hun friend rates him and reckons he would do well in the Championship.

Just saying.

Loan would suit both clubs although jones needs to get over himself and actually just play. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Bananas sometimes, 'int it. 

:jambobanana:

I only mentioned Dunne as someone I would have back, not as a realistic target but he's making the bench for Burnley every week and if Tarkowski or Mee got a knock, he'd be playing in the Premier League! Absolutely no way he's going to give that up to come up here and play against Arbroath on a Tuesday night is there. 

And I would avoid Sibbick with a barge pole considering his (extreme lack of) fitness. 

I've said the same. people either don't engage brain - or thinks every player is happy to throw away what they currently have to play for us. a romantic point of view at best...

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I remember seeing something about Colleen Rooney not being happy over there away from family, no pals and Wayne away for weeks at a time and a few piss ups. Mrs Mackay-Steven obviously didn’t fancy it. 
He would be a good addition. 

SSN saying he’s in talks with Aberdeen though. 

She has her own work in Glasgow so I'm assuming she couldn't leave it.

I can't remember whee he's from but she's from Aberdeen so it's not the strangest one if it does happen.

I'd love him to sign for us. He'd be a level above any winger we currently have, except for possibly Ginelly. Unfortunately he has fitness issues though.

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Loan would suit both clubs although jones needs to get over himself and actually just play. 

It could lessen our wing and CD deficiencies to see us through the season

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course. My point is that Robbie will be looking to distance himself as much as possible from that disastrous season and to change as much as the budget will allow him to change. 

Doesn't really matter anyway because he hasn't been fit since he left Hearts, and the Belgian he was at side sent him back because he hasn't managed a single appearance. If that had been us stuck with him on loan all this time, I'd have been fuming. There's no way I'd sign him based on a good game and three quarters when his fitness since then has been so bad. 

40 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did we bid?

Were we even interested?

Without paying out a decent fee, we'd not get Gallagher until next season but I read somewhere that Celtic were interested so....

Cadden you can keep for me.  Never quite got the love-in about him and doubt if Hearts are even interested unless/until they know Smith is leaving.

Joking apart, Mackay Steven is a sink or swim type of player but I'd be surprised if he's not better than Frear or Roberts.

I read the same this morning about Gallagher, think it was online in the Sun.

I know, I know, but the transfer speculation came up in my Google suggested section as Hearts were mentioned in the thread title, yet failed to mention anything about Hearts (that I could see). The story said Gallagher was going to push Motherwell to let him move to Celtic as he only has another 6 games and it triggers a year's extension. 

Edited by Fraggle

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I can't remember whee he's from but she's from Aberdeen so it's not the strangest one if it does happen.

I'd love him to sign for us. He'd be a level above any winger we currently have, except for possibly Ginelly. Unfortunately he has fitness issues though.

Yeah he would, I’m sure most of us agree he would be better than Frear or  Roberts 😆😂

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course. My point is that Robbie will be looking to distance himself as much as possible from that disastrous season and to change as much as the budget will allow him to change. 

Doesn't really matter anyway because he hasn't been fit since he left Hearts, and the Belgian he was at side sent him back because he hasn't managed a single appearance. If that had been us stuck with him on loan all this time, I'd have been fuming. There's no way I'd sign him based on a good game and three quarters when his fitness since then has been so bad. 

Agreed, 1&3/4 games in 2020 isn’t great. Good luck to him though. 
Yeah I suppose getting away from failures of the past is a good idea too. 

Those trying to make themselves feel better, we were in for brophy, and that's all I'll say on the matter. 

Spot on daza 👍

GMS won't be signing for us. 

Brophy is a replacement for obika as it's looking likely he won't sign new deal. 

7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Thurso. 

I hope he fancies a challenge and gives us a chance. I think he'd be a great signing.  

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )