• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

So, who are the two players we have tied up?  Appreciate posters may not want to name them but an idea of positions would be good.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, colinzeal said:

I’d rather not have Paterson back, he has been pretty awful for Sheff Wed. 

Hard working, but his all round play is really not great. 

I know mate but I'm sure he would improve us.  He's a versatile player, knows the league, can score a goal or 2 and is one of our own.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, colinzeal said:

he was phenomenal for us, in Scottish football he was virtually unplayable at times and EXACTLT the type of character required

If I could sign anyone he’d be #1. Another 10/15 goals a season in the team and enthusiasm and fun..  

Edited by kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he was phenomenal for us, in Scottish football he was virtually unplayable at times and EXACTLT the type of character required

If I could sign anyone he’d be #1. Another 10/15 goals a season in the team and enthusiasm and fun..  

Would absolutely breeze the championship I agree would be a great signing. Never will he be back playing at such a low level though until maybe the last year of his career I wouldn’t think. 

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Would absolutely breeze the championship I agree would be a great signing. Never will he be back playing at such a low level though until maybe the last year of his career I wouldn’t think. 

By the time we get back to stadiums we will be back where we belong. That said - I think it will be our in the sky .. his wages will be huge imo

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/stephen-kingsley-i-love-every-second-hearts-new-contract-hold-now-3079215

Despite the insistent slavering of some......Kingsley hasn’t signed a new deal.

But he hopefully will.

Strikes me as he's waiting for a better offer. 

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

From his point of view it’s smart to wait and see what offers he gets in from elsewhere for next season before committing.

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/stephen-kingsley-i-love-every-second-hearts-new-contract-hold-now-3079215

Despite the insistent slavering of some......Kingsley hasn’t signed a new deal.

But he hopefully will.

The huns will be looking for a new left back once they sell Barisic for £40m.

Our record in transfer windows is abysmal so I am not holding out any hope for anything but journey men looking for a cushty place to hide for a couple of years. Seems we have no interest in signing any young Scottish talent either. Love to be proved wrong mind you 

Disappointed to hear it's not a done deal but he seems relatively relaxed about it. He also appears to be very positive about the club which may hint at him wanting to stay.

As others have said wages could be a problem, would be very surprised if Championship clubs in England weren't sniffing about him, particularly with the new Brexit restrictions coming in. Think this one could run on and on. Hopefully not because I rate him and would prioritise getting him a new deal over everyone, including Irving.

On 27/12/2020 at 01:21, Cruyff said:

Allan Campbell is a smashing player, he'd be a class signing. 

Aye, aside from the fact there’ll be alot of competition to sign him, he’s the kind of player we’ve not had for while in midfield.  Cameron-esque (not saying as good!) in the way he gets around the pitch. All action, always working hard, covers ground really well and is a pest.

Just tip toeing our way around the team filing it with better quality, better attitude , and players with the nature of being tenacious and with a will to win.

Im hoping there’s a big sea change with Savage coming in. A fresh eye on players, different contacts and maybe a new scouting set up?

Edited by Debut 4

2 hours ago, colinzeal said:

:cornette:

3 hours ago, colinzeal said:

He would become instantly our best player up front and at right back. 

It's maybe that Kingsley is waiting to see if we are definitely going to be in the Premier before committing. Hope we can get it sorted as it's been one of our most troublesome positions to get right for a few years now. It would be a brilliant piece of business to get him signed up longer. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Isn't he on a two year deal? 

I thought it was a one year deal and that's why we are trying to get him signed up for longer but i don't know for sure. That said, if it was a two year deal he was on then there wouldn't be such a big rush to get it sorted. 

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Kingsley will be off to Aberdeen. The will give him better wage than us.

our “player” wage bill was higher than Aberdeen’s last season.. 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I thought it was a one year deal and that's why we are trying to get him signed up for longer but i don't know for sure. That said, if it was a two year deal he was on then there wouldn't be such a big rush to get it sorted. 

I thought it was 1 with the option of another year our end but I'm known to be wrong at times :lol: 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Ok, thanks.  Do the sheep actually want him? 

No idea. Someone posting above suggested it but i'm sure there's one or two clubs that would be keeping an eye on him. Hope not though. Perhaps Hearts have had a phone call or two regarding him so maybe the reason they're trying to tie him up longer and as quick as possible but i'm only guessing.

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He would become instantly our best player up front and at right back. 

I’d take Michael Smith over him at right back.

Having watched him most weeks this season, beyond the odd decent header on goal, he offers little up front. Hold up play is poor and for the size of him he doesn’t win a lot the air.

Just now, colinzeal said:

Having watched him most weeks this season, beyond the odd decent header on goal, he offers little up front. Hold up play is poor and for the size of him he doesn’t win a lot the air.

Smith will be on his way imo.  The Championship is a lot better than the Prem too and he's in a struggling team.  I think CP on form would be a fantastic signing for any club in the country. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Calum Paterson doesn’t win a lot in the air 😆 WTF man.

This reminds me when folk didn’t want Rudi back as they had watched 60 second highlights from Southampton and weren’t impressed.. 😆

2 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Be careful Colin, being critical of CP on here is a dangerous past-time! Don’t you know he IS a PL player. OK, he only had one season and was relegated. As no other PL team considered that he was a PL player and made an offer, he played occasionally in a very average Championship team. He then was bought by a side who are heading to League 1. Michael Smith is a better RB defensively and in terms of keeping the ball and as for being a forward...give me strength! CP’s only attributes are his physicality at attacking set pieces and running the channels! You may have picked up that it would be a NO from me. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Yup.

Just need to make sure we offer him the best deal the club can muster. Alongside Smith, Haring, Gordon, Irving & Boyce we have an exceptionally strong core to our team forming. We just need some quality centrebacks and decent wingers. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Yes, and why wouldn’t he?  By February he will know if we are back in the top league next season. If we aren’t I’d question his sanity if stayed with us. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Be careful Colin, being critical of CP on here is a dangerous past-time! Don’t you know he IS a PL player. OK, he only had one season and was relegated. As no other PL team considered that he was a PL player and made an offer, he played occasionally in a very average Championship team. He then was bought by a side who are heading to League 1. Michael Smith is a better RB defensively and in terms of keeping the ball and as for being a forward...give me strength! CP’s only attributes are his physicality at attacking set pieces and running the channels! You may have picked up that it would be a NO from me. 

scoring shit loads of goals for hearts isn’t an attribute?

Btw I agree - he is never an EPL player in a million years .. but ive rarely seen a more “effective” player for hearts. Wee unfit Scottish players had no idea what to do with him. Unplayable at times

worth pointing out Cardiff city fans were raging that they let him go..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sheep are heamorrghing cash and just recently signed Hayes and Leigh for left back plus they use Considine there. They need right backs 

LarrysRightFoot
27 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

They are both completely different players and when playing RB CP had a different style than MS - it was never a natural position for CP. 

Btw MS career down south was hardly glittering before he came to us. 

Just to confirm I like both MS and CP and we could easily accommodate both. I’d be shocked (pleasantly) if CP came back at this point however. 

Our recruitment pool seems to be all from Scotland and a few from England recently.

Is this due to budget constraints or immigration laws or what?

The amount of talent out there in Europe who can't get into first teams that would be chomping at the bit to have the opportunity to play in the Europa League must be immense. 

Recently it seems like if they haven't played in Scotland before then we're not interested.

I get we're in the championship now but going back into the premiership will they be looking further afield?

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Our recruitment pool seems to be all from Scotland and a few from England recently.

The amount of talent out there in Europe who can't get into first teams that would be chomping at the bit to have the opportunity to play in the Europa League must be immense. 

Recently it seems like if they haven't played in Scotland before then we're not interested.

I get we're in the championship now but going back into the premiership will they be looking further afield?

Brexit. 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

One of the positives of Brexit is we will no longer buy bang average Europeans just because they are cheap.

Yes we will miss out on the odd gem but I’d rather we went back to signing the likes of Webster etc and developing our own players. The odd quality European/foreign player flung in. 

59 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

That seems odd . Think in the EPL[?] he won more headers than any other player

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

i hope not.. we should follow the model Aberdeen have set. Good Scottish / British players in the main, pick up as many good young ones as possible .. known quantities 

ive had enough damour’s, zlamal’s, oshaniwa’s to last a lifetime.. strike rate on foreign players must be about 1 in 5 

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i hope not.. we should follow the model Aberdeen have set. Good Scottish / British players in the main, pick up as many good young ones as possible .. known quantities 

ive had enough damour’s, zlamal’s, oshaniwa’s to last a lifetime.. strike rate on foreign players must be about 1 in 5 

Surely this is due to poor scouting and recruitment rather than Hearts magically making them shite though? I've felt our scouting efforts have either been absolutely shite and stealing a wage OR making good recommendations then getting shot down. CL turning down Shankland and signing Damour springs to mind.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Ok, thanks.  Do the sheep actually want him? 

They were sniffing about when we signed him but the signed that greig Leigh they had last year instead as Kingsley was more of a risk 

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Surely this is due to poor scouting and recruitment rather than Hearts magically making them shite though? I've felt our scouting efforts have either been absolutely shite and stealing a wage OR making good recommendations then getting shot down. CL turning down Shankland and signing Damour springs to mind.

CL turning down Shankland.

Wahahahaha

Something springs to mind right enough.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Sertse said:

think it’s more down to the fact we can’t afford good ones like we did in the past.. they are all playing in other leagues for more money.. therefore we need to resort to gambles.. look around us in Scottish football.. how many good foreign players in Scotland outside of the old firm? Not many.

The , Rudi’s, Adam’s of this world will command 20k per week these days.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

think it’s more down to the fact we can’t afford good ones like we did in the past.. they are all playing in other leagues for more money.. therefore we need to resort to gambles.. look around us in Scottish football.. how many good foreign players in Scotland outside of the old firm? Not many.

The , Rudi’s, Adam’s of this world will command 20k per week these days.. 

Also.

Hearts did not make any offers to anyone regarding Shankland, no talking nothing.

Shankland was not offered to us so no one turned him down.

In this window, I would prefer to see Hearts consolidate with the current squad and focus on coaching instead of trading for a change. It might be lacking in some areas but is easily good enough to win the championship and go deep into the Scottish Cup again. The summer would be the time to look again once the effects of the pandemic are clearer both financially and on finishing the season's fixtures.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Flimsy said:

In this window, I would prefer to see Hearts consolidate with the current squad and focus on coaching instead of trading for a change. It might be lacking in some areas but is easily good enough to win the championship and go deep into the Scottish Cup again. The summer would be the time to look again once the effects of the pandemic are clearer both financially and on finishing the season's fixtures.

The big window is where it is at.

A cull then new additions.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )