• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sounds like we close the academy as well as no place in your squad for any youngsters other than Watson. 

No, not close it but to be honest, it does need looked at as well. We've not produced much cash from it in transfers as we probably should've. Think we all would've expected a bit more return than we've had. The squad will need to be experienced for our return to the Premier though and there would be plenty spaces available for youngsters on the bench. They need to take their chances though when they get them and ideal chances are using a few in League Cup games to see what they're about and then making decisions on what they can bring to the first team in the League.

Edited by jambonian

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sounds like we close the academy as well as no place in your squad for any youngsters other than Watson. 

Great idea 🤗

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Have you seen him play much lately?

I think he'd be an excellent signing for what it's worth.

Dynamic, attacking player with his best years ahead of him.

Yeah, i have. 

I don't think he's as good as he could have been. Maybe he just made a bad move going to the MLS. 

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That poster has previous for posting gash about the sheep also.

Correct. Every window he comes out with some fantasy Aberdeen shopping list. Don't think any have actually ever signed.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

O'Donnell and Smith to compete for right-back, 

Dunne to replace Berra long-term,

Sibbick to replace Damour, 

Naismith and Boyce pretty light-weight upfront so Duku in on a short-term contract to add physicality upfront, and to compete with Wighton.

Be good to get some of these players on a pre-contract for next season in the Premier.

Players to lose...Frear, Roberts, Damour, Popescu, Brandon, Cochrane, (Berra), Moore, White, Zlamal. (There's 9/10 wages saved)

Players to extend contracts...Ginelly, Kingsley, Smith, Halliday, Haring (?).  (Unsure on how long his contract has to go)

A squad with Gordon in goal, defenders of Souttar (unsure on his injuries), Dunne, Halkett and another (?), fullbacks of Smith, O'Donnell, Kingsley (young back-up if possible), defensive midfielders of Haring, Halliday, Irving and Sibbick, attackers of Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, (Walker), Ginelly, Duku and/or another. 

Central defence is a must to get sorted first though. Souttar unpredictable, Berra getting on, Halkett not a natural in that position leaves Popescu which is why Dunne would be ideal. 

Whatever happens the squad needs refreshed and losing those 9/10 players would go a long way to being able to afford better.

WTF

Will be more new names this week to add to the laughter parade.

Hope the guy we just added to the club from Preston North End can unearth a gem or two for us from down south.

Seems to have had a decent record down there.

adambraejambo
20 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Apparently Aberdeen are after Gary Mackay-Steven, Ross Stewart, Chris Cadden, Stuart Findlay, Paul Gallagher, Allan Campbell and Marley Watkins (permanent deal).

We are third biggest club in Scotland and next season we will be back in the top league. We have reached back to back Scottish club finals and will be pushing for third spot next season. These are the types of players we as a club should be signing. If Aberdeen are after them it should come as no great surprise if we are too and given we are a bigger club and will be back in the top league next season we should be beating them to their signature. I expect us to be right up their for third spot next season under Neilson.

That's 2 years In a row you given Aberdeens transfer targets. Dont get me wrong I couldn't care less who they sign but McCormack should sack his scouting team if the info is getting out so easily. No idea if true or not and no offence meant but it hardly ideal for them if it common knowledge who they are after. 

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

WTF

Will be more new names this week to add to the laughter parade.

Two very close to signing. Expect announcements by 4 Jan at latest. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

That's 2 years In a row you given Aberdeens transfer targets. Dont get me wrong I couldn't care less who they sign but McCormack should sack his scouting team if the info is getting out so easily. No idea if true or not and no offence meant but it hardly ideal for them if it common knowledge who they are after. 

Pato would be worth a look.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Remind me of the post please ,or put up the names of the two players again.

14 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Remind me of the post please ,or put up the names of the two players again.

No idea re names. Source wouldn't reveal. Will post when I hear. 

Gorgie Boot boy

It is in fact true.

i myself mentioned it here a number of days ago, was asked who the two players are.

No comment.

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why do people want us to sign Duku? A 27 year old journeyman. We can do better than that.

Because he scored against us. Some think that a sign we should get his signature. Always been that way. Same with the Dolly guy at Livi. 

13 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It is in fact true.

i myself mentioned it here a number of days ago, was asked who the two players are.

No comment.

Are you the poster formally known as @Agentjambo?

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is that the permanent and loan we were looking at and trying to get finalised mid Dec? 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No idea re names. Source wouldn't reveal. Will post when I hear. 

Lol answers my previous post then. Hopefully it is 👍🏻

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is that the permanent and loan we were looking at and trying to get finalised mid Dec? 

Could well be, just heard earlier today that both are done deals but won’t be announced until registered just in case anything changes. 

14 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why do people want us to sign Duku? A 27 year old journeyman. We can do better than that.

I know. It's feckin hilarious. Never Hearts level in a million years. Cole Stockton came from a better level. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Bad Religion said:

He had a very similar posting style to you. Was ITK like you also. 

I am not in the know.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I am not in the know.

Yet you claim to know the first team player who has Covid and the names of two players who are rumoured to be signing in the new year. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Yet you claim to know the first team player who has Covid and the names of two players who are rumoured to be signing in the new year. 

No i do not claim anything, i do know that we were looking at two players.

I took it for granted it would be the same players. know the name of the player as i was told it,

Am not going to reveal ti here or anywhere else.

8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No i do not claim anything, i do know that we were looking at two players.

I took it for granted it would be the same players. know the name of the player as i was told it,

Am not going to reveal ti here or anywhere else.

Ok AJ. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could well be, just heard earlier today that both are done deals but won’t be announced until registered just in case anything changes. 

Good stuff , hopefully keep some of the bellends on here happy then 😉. I doubt it though.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yes i am assuming it is,don't know who else it could be..

Far as I know we were focussed on two players and two positions. If it is them then hopefully itll stop some moaning on here for a bit. Certainly haven’t heard of any other names we were focussed on. Awful co-incidental if its not them that there is two and its start of Jan

Edited by sadj

Gorgie Boot boy

I posted  ere a number of days ago we we missed out on two.

Assume it is these two that are being mentioned here.

No names etc.

Gorgie Boot boy

In my defense .

I did say that Halliday was next in, i was drawn into revealing a bit more.

At the time i was being wheeled out of the Chip Shop Dalbeattie .

Heard two guys talking about Hearts, turned around and saw a face i recognized.

The talk was about how much Hearts had to prove, thought about doing something new.

Wasn't until i got into the car i was asked if i knew who that was.

Knew one guy , the other looked like a snow dropper.

Andy Halliday.

Not in the know, right time right place.

1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

No offence taken. I see Aberdeen as our main rivals (not Hibs). They are targeting goo players who I believe would choose us over them. We are a bigger club with a better geographical location etc.

I get why folk are commenting about my posts. I have indeed mentioned the last few windows the targets of Aberdeen. All those names have been linked in the papers with Aberdeen. McInnes himself has admitted as much. Apparently Ross Stewart is a done deal and GMS is close to signing for them too. I'm not fussed about Ross Stewart to be honest. He hasn't scored in open play this season. We currently have better strikers IMO in Naismith and Boyce. Chris Cadden is another player they hope to sign this window to replace Logan/Hernandez.

Alan Campbell is a fantastic player. He's arguably the best centre mid alongside Turnbull under the age of 25 and is available on a preseason contract. Gallagher (pals with Halkett) and Findlay are both available on preseason contracts too. GMS and Cadden are free agents as of January 1st. As is O'Donnell (currently with Motherwell). All would probably be interested in what we have to say and like Boyce would choose us over them IMO.

On 25/12/2020 at 22:48, Bongo 1874 said:

I'll be taking it off and be sure to let Lima, take over 👍

What i can tell you Kingsley is 👍

Irving still not done. 

Sibbick won't be coming back, and will get a chance to impress coming back from his loan . 

Deal for josh almost agreed 👍

Is there not something suspicious about O'Donnell?

Have 'Well offered him an extended contract and if so why is he holding out?

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Have 'Well offered him an exrended contract and if so why is he holding out?

He wants a bigger club with more money and to keep his international place for the Euros is my guess. Wage cap down south means he needs a championship team or a bigger team in Scotland to come in for him.

We don't guarantee him his international place and Aberdeen and Hibs have plenty of right backs so he'll be looking at options.

If we extend Smith I won't be arsed about him. But having someone with Smith's composure out wide is wasted. I'd like to see him in a two man sitting midfield.

Not sure he'd like it mind :laugh:

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Because he scored against us. Some think that a sign we should get his signature. Always been that way. Same with the Dolly guy at Livi. 

Dolly Menga a forward whose scoring record was abysmal

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Good stuff , hopefully keep some of the bellends on here happy then 😉. I doubt it though.

Mission impossible unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

He is a poorer rb than Smith so no need to waste money. His relationship with Elbows might bring to us however 

Ronald Villiers
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why would CP come back. Seems a bit pie in the sky that. Would be fantastic though. 

Cause his team are struggling to pay wages and will likely have to offload players.  It's no more pie in the sky than when Skacel, Berra, Gordon or Naismith signed for us?   

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Im led to believe we had interest in O’Donnell in the summer when there was interest surrounding smith, however he was looking for a move down south or abroad which never seemed to go through due to covid etc which is why he only signed a short term deal at Mwell. 👍🏻 I imagine we may ask again but would need a change of plan on his part 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He is a poorer rb than Smith so no need to waste money. His relationship with Elbows might bring to us however 

I'd maybe look at smith becoming a centre half, he might fancy that in a year or two as he get older. 

6 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Cause his team are struggling to pay wages and will likely have to offload players.  It's no more pie in the sky than when Skacel, Berra, Gordon or Naismith signed for us?   

Would be great if we could get him back.  Here’s hoping. 

7 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I’d rather not have Paterson back, he has been pretty awful for Sheff Wed. 

Hard working, but his all round play is really not great. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )