January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What about it?  You didn't answer re whether  the majority is a proportion.  I wonder why you side stepped that.

And you can't contradict me if you don't know either.  If HMFC were required to pay a huge proportion of the salary/a loan fee /both, it's hardly surprising that previous Rhodes enquiries were not concluded.

You are not great at anything.

Just another random statement without the facts to back it up........

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

17 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Winger who has been capped for Scotland, striker also been capped for Scotland are quite far down the line in contract talks here. As I have stated before. Take it or leave it,not going to be answering questions or naming anyone due to personal abuse aimed at me previously 

One of the 99% who appreciates anything you share mate. 

I've done a bit of detective work and these are all the wingers and strikers I've found, with Scotland caps, out of contract soon and/or wouldn't be totally unrealistic targets:

George Boyd (LM) (35 though) 

Chris Cadden (RM/RB)

Jason Cummings (ST) 

Gary McKay-Steven (LM/RM)

Chris Maguire (CF) 

Craig Conway (LM) (also 35)

Chris Martin (ST) 

Stevie May (ST) 

Was using my phone to filter, so may have missed some.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I've done a bit of detective work and these are all the wingers and strikers I've found, with Scotland caps, out of contract soon and/or wouldn't be totally unrealistic targets:

Chris Cadden (RM/RB)

Jason Cummings (ST) 

Chris Maguire (CF) 

Chris Martin (ST) 

Stevie May (ST) 

19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

. 👍

Unsure any of them would improve us Tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Chris Cadden (RM/RB)

Jason Cummings (ST) 

Chris Maguire (CF) 

Chris Martin (ST) 

Stevie May (ST) 

Jordan Rhodes 

I am not a Brexiteer by any manner of means but I think that the re-introduction of the 3 foreigner rule in Scottish football may actually be a good thing.  It will give the youth a better chance of breaking through and developing into proper footballers.  Just my opinion.

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

I am not a Brexiteer by any manner of means but I think that the re-introduction of the 3 foreigner rule in Scottish football may actually be a good thing.  It will give the youth a better chance of breaking through and developing into proper footballers.  Just my opinion.

I agree.

16 hours ago, Robdawg said:

Every window you get my hopes up Daz and you almost always let me down. Suprised you’re not banned for the amount of bs you put on this. 

Grow up, Daz posts snippets, some have come to fruition, others like all things football haven't worked out. He shares what he shares, it's up to you if you want to get your knickers in a twist about things.

Me? I quite like the snippets, gives me a few mins fantasising about who it could be that he means, other than that I'm not going to hound the guy if I think we're getting Messi and then we don't.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

8 diddy rule. 

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It really depends on the quality of foreign players, I've no doubt that over the years our young players will have benefitted from training alongside the likes of Takis, Janny, Bruno etc but at the same time will have seen their progress stunted by having numerous journeymen ahead of them in the pecking order. 

Pasquale for King

Diego Costa is now a free agent, if he will take a wage cut obviously and isn’t a weegie Celtic ***** like Snodgrass 😆😂

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It probably would but who would you get rid of? Remember Scotland is football country in its own right so our English&Irish players would be counted in that surely?

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

It really depends on the quality of foreign players, I've no doubt that over the years our young players will have benefitted from training alongside the likes of Takis, Janny, Bruno etc but at the same time will have seen their progress stunted by having numerous journeymen ahead of them in the pecking order. 

Maybe but if young Scottish players are coached properly and given chances to actually play 1st team football then they will do just fine.  The difference in foreign players in recent years is the coaching they have received from a young age right up to their adult career.  That is what we need to change in this country, along with the attitude of most Scottish players.  Just look at young Billy Gilmour at Chelsea.  He made the right decision to move South and has benefited from a proper coaching and lifestyle planning ethos.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It probably would but who would you get rid of? Remember Scotland is football country in its own right so our English&Irish players would be counted in that surely?

UK players can’t be discriminated against. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

OK, young BRITISH players then.  As others have said, we need to move away from the overseas journeymen that. in general, have plagued Hearts for the last 10 years.

Just now, Boris said:

Player capped by Scotland at CF.

Just reading the Pulis thread...Dr Funk?

I would love him to come back but he would cost us a pretty penny that we don't really have to spare just now.

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Did I miss this or is it just being suggested ?

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

I would love him to come back but he would cost us a pretty penny that we don't really have to spare just now.

Perhaps a loan?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

OK, young BRITISH players then.  As others have said, we need to move away from the overseas journeymen that. in general, have plagued Hearts for the last 10 years.

I don’t agree then, a foreigner is a non Scot in football terms. Maybe 5 in a team, 10 in a squad. It will be whatever suits the uglies anyway, Rangers have about 4 Scots in their first team squad. 

LarrysRightFoot
25 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Here here.

Although the 6+5 rule that was floated a few years ago may be more realistic.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

UK players can’t be discriminated against. 

There are already rules in place down south about home grown players, so yes they can. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Shef Wed seem a bit of a basket case right now so who knows!

It’s a shame as we were due a bonus if they stayed up. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t agree then, a foreigner is a non Scot in football terms. Maybe 5 in a team, 10 in a squad. It will be whatever suits the uglies anyway, Rangers have about 4 Scots in their first team squad. 

We can't exclude UK born players but I agree that this should be where we aim.  The more good quality Scottish players are produced, the better.  Maybe the National team might become truly competitive then.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are already rules in place down south about home grown players, so yes they can. 

Not aware of that.  Do you mean players coming through their youth system?

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unsure any of them would improve us Tbh. 

I'd take GMS and Maguire without question. GMS is an instant improvement on Frear/Roberts and Maguire has a very good goalscoring record over the course of his career. He'd be filling an empty shirt too since we're a striker short so I'd consider him an instant improvement. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We can't exclude UK born players but I agree that this should be where we aim.  The more good quality Scottish players are produced, the better.  Maybe the National team might become truly competitive then.

Why not the English have excluded young Scots, they are foreign players it can be done if there’s a will. 
Doesn’t help the OF so none it will happen.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not aware of that.  Do you mean players coming through their youth system?

When City were allegedly interested in Hickey, remember Budge and her special advisor went down there last year to foster this special relationship that nothing came from, it was said if he signed for them last January he would be classed as a home grown player because of his age. 
So they have a rule that Scots/Welsh/NI players are foreigners, which we are in football terms and in general soon enough. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear.  Yet another side step.

Just stick to the facts and cut out the Robert Snodgrass nonsense and everything will be just fine 😊

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When City were allegedly interested in Hickey, remember Budge and her special advisor went down there last year to foster this special relationship that nothing came from, it was said if he signed for them last January he would be classed as a home grown player because of his age. 
So they have a rule that Scots/Welsh/NI players are foreigners, which we are in football terms and in general soon enough. 

They do have a limit on the number of non ‘home grown’ players which gets around EU legislation by allowing EU citizens to be counted as ‘home grown’ as well. I would expect English players that sign after a certain age to be counted as non ‘home grown’ as well otherwise it would break freedom of movement laws.  

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

For additional information, in the 2019 season, Russell earned $1.7 million.

A lot less than Naismith was on at Norwich.. depends whether he wants to come home or not 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Just stick to the facts and cut out the Robert Snodgrass nonsense and everything will be just fine 😊

Just stick to the topic and stop trying to be smart and everything will be even better:greggy:

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd take GMS and Maguire without question. GMS is an instant improvement on Frear/Roberts and Maguire has a very good goalscoring record over the course of his career. He'd be filling an empty shirt too since we're a striker short so I'd consider him an instant improvement. 

Fair doos. 

I hope we look at better than GMS Tbh for next season. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do have a limit on the number of non ‘home grown’ players which gets around EU legislation by allowing EU citizens to be counted as ‘home grown’ as well. I would expect English players that sign after a certain age to be counted as non ‘home grown’ as well otherwise it would break freedom of movement laws.  

You will need to look that up yourself I’m afraid, you said you can’t discriminate against U.K. players and you can. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Just stick to the topic and stop trying to be smart and everything will be even better:greggy:

I was completely on topic Al.....I was merely making you smarter by pointing out your misunderstanding of how some loan deals work.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You will need to look that up yourself I’m afraid, you said you can’t discriminate against U.K. players and you can. 

You’re not though as Scottish Players can be ‘home grown’ in England as well. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I was completely on topic Al.....I was merely making you smarter by pointing out your misunderstanding of how some loan deals work.

Trolling on topic maybe.  I don't need your help with anything.  You can't even work out whether the majority of a wage is a proportion or not.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You’re not though as Scottish Players can be ‘home grown’ in England as well. 

Only until 18, afterwards they can’t so are classed as foreigners thus discriminating against U.K. players. 
The foreign players rules change on Friday, this is likely to stay the same as England now have some of the best young players in the world breaking through so it clearly works. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only until 18, afterwards they can’t so are classed as foreigners thus discriminating against U.K. players. 
The foreign players rules change on Friday, this is likely to stay the same as England now have some of the best young players in the world breaking through so it clearly works. 

I think they are classed as ‘non homegrown’ rather than foreigners but we are going down a rabbit hole here. 😎

Things can be changed after Thursday as you say as EU freedom of movement legislation can be ignored by the UK parliament. I can’t see them restricting Scottish, English or Irish employment opportunities in England ( or v/v ) but you never know. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )