January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Screenshot_20201224-234554.thumb.png.05f77e08db0ed1726759b3e1d37140e7.png

Come on mate. 

I've seen it, i looked at it before i posted that i wanted us to sign him, i'm no about the stats. I'm about where he is now and what i seen when he played against us.  1 year deal, naff all money. C'mon. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Even before the goal, i thought he looked a level above raith rovers, dare i say it, class. 

My only concern is that he went off injured. 

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The truth with Walker is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, he pitches in with goals but it is undeniable he needs to offer more in the games, he can be a passenger a lot of the time (see the cup final).

He was non existent in the final 

You know a fair bit about the team 

So you could probably make 4 players ahead of walker that could've played instead of him to try cover defence.

It's just no something he's good at 

The whole team played in our own half until we made subs 

Then we played much further up the park .

He'll score more than most this season and next 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You obviously can't see a player from looking at him play and just go on what ever hearts do, then clap your hands and go YAY. 

It's a risk, i've no idea about his injuries etc but i could see straight away that he will score more goals than wighton. 

The sort of risk that you would need to get him in the team in January. See how he settles. See at close quarters if he is top league class, and be able to get rid if he isn’t. I can’t see it happening if I’m honest. Surely tae .... we’ll be looking at players of top league class and above if we’re making signings or what’s the point of bringing in someone of Savage’s pedigree.

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The truth with Walker is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, he pitches in with goals but it is undeniable he needs to offer more in the games, he can be a passenger a lot of the time (see the cup final).

Or you could play to the guys strengths, and get the very best out of him. 

Passenger in the cup final 😂bar Gordon in the 1st half tell me who wasn't a passenger? Or maybe it was the way we set up. 

People say celtic played amazing first half, bollocks that's all it is and they are lying to themselves. 

As far as you calling Jamie a passenger 😂short memory when he pulled us out the shit, couple weeks ago. 

Jamie Walker is not a player that will take us to the next level. He’s adequate for the level we’re playing at. He stands out at Championship level but he wouldn’t get into Aberdeen or The vermin’s sides. Hearts are the biggest and best side he’ll play for. I want players here who are too good for us. Players we’re lucky to have. Not players who are lucky to be here. 

10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've seen it, i looked at it before i posted that i wanted us to sign him, i'm no about the stats. I'm about where he is now and what i seen when he played against us.  1 year deal, naff all money. C'mon. 

It's no the stats. It's the level. That's his level. He's a Junior league player mate. 👍 Raith took a punt on him, nevermind us ffs. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's no the stats. It's the level. That's his level. He's a Junior league player mate. 👍 Raith took a punt on him, nevermind us ffs. 

Exactly. We can’t be plucking players from obscurity when we get back to the top league. We have had enough of punts on players who are inconsistent or injury prone. 
With a decent not massive investment in the playing side there are plenty players out there that can make us better. 

48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's Jonathan Toto mk 2

We really need to start the re-build in January. Even just one or two in to freshen things up or we need to try to get a player or two on a pre-contract if nothing else.

I'd be looking at the likes of Steven O'Donnell who's on either a short term deal ending in January or will be in his last six months at Motherwell.  Perfect competition for Michael Smith. This way we can start to think about losing some players who won't cut it at top level next season like Jamie Brandon. I would take a look at Duku at Raith as well. Get him on a short term deal to see what he's all about. It works, great, it doesn't then he moves on. 

The best defender i've seen at Hearts in recent years was Jimmy Dunne. He's on his last year at Burnley and dropped way down the pecking order since the start of their season. He has a few things going for him, a perfect replacement for Berra long-term, left-sided central defender, great in the air, good with the ball at his feet and plays with a lot of passion. Also said he'd love to play for Hearts again someday. Adding in that at 23 or so years old, could make us a bit of cash long-term if he becomes a major player in the team and attracts interest from down south again.

Toby Sibbick is another that's worth a shout and in a similar situation to Dunne in some ways. Strong, physical player who can play midfield or defensively. Never got the chance to settle properly before Covid fecked it up, on loan at (i think) Odense or somewhere and way out of Barnsley's long-term plans it would seem. Also young enough to make an impact here and potentially making a profit for us in future. Perfect replacement for Damour. 

These are the types of players we should be looking at to compete with team-mates as well as moving up a level. Speculate to accumulate because if we don't our rivals will instead. We still have a few hangers-on but they won't be here long-term so getting a few in to replace them now before anyone else gets them should be a given.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

We really need to start the re-build in January. Even just one or two in to freshen things up or we need to try to get a player or two on a pre-contract if nothing else.

I'd be looking at the likes of Steven O'Donnell who's on either a short term deal ending in January or will be in his last six months at Motherwell.  Perfect competition for Michael Smith. This way we can start to think about losing some players who won't cut it at top level next season like Jamie Brandon. I would take a look at Duku at Raith as well. Get him on a short term deal to see what he's all about. It works, great, it doesn't then he moves on. 

The best defender i've seen at Hearts in recent years was Jimmy Dunne. He's on his last year at Burnley and dropped way down the pecking order since the start of their season. He has a few things going for him, a perfect replacement for Berra long-term, left-sided central defender, great in the air, good with the ball at his feet and plays with a lot of passion. Also said he'd love to play for Hearts again someday. Adding in that at 23 or so years old, could make us a bit of cash long-term if he becomes a major player in the team and attracts interest from down south again.

Toby Sibbick is another that's worth a shout and in a similar situation to Dunne in some ways. Strong, physical player who can play midfield or defensively. Never got the chance to settle properly before Covid fecked it up, on loan at (i think) Odense or somewhere and way out of Barnsley's long-term plans it would seem. Also young enough to make an impact here and potentially making a profit for us in future. Perfect replacement for Damour. 

These are the types of players we should be looking at to compete with team-mates as well as moving up a level. Speculate to accumulate because if we don't our rivals will instead. We still have a few hangers-on but they won't be here long-term so getting a few in to replace them now before anyone else gets them should be a given.

Dunne would be a fantastic signing but don't think we'd have a chance. He's been on the bench for Burnley most of this season and has come on a couple of times too. Obviously whilst Tarkowski and Mee are there he's never going to be first choice, but the fact that he's on the bench says a lot and I think they might want to hang onto him. 

Sibbick's loan with whatever Belgian side he joined has been cut short and he is now back at Barnsley. I would take him back, but I can't see Neilson looking backwards for players and will have guys of his own in mind I reckon. Getting Damour out and him in would be the deal of the season though 😂

As far as Duku is concerned, he would be a massive gamble but initial signs are that he looks like a decent player. Is he only ever going to be decent at this level though.... 

Gorgie Boot boy

It is like a re cycling plant or launderette in here, the same dirtied old worn out names  , freshened up and placed back on the middle shelf for easy access.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

6 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Jamie Walker is not a player that will take us to the next level. He’s adequate for the level we’re playing at. He stands out at Championship level but he wouldn’t get into Aberdeen or The vermin’s sides. Hearts are the biggest and best side he’ll play for. I want players here who are too good for us. Players we’re lucky to have. Not players who are lucky to be here. 

Nonsense Jamie more than deserves to play for us. 

49 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Think your opinion is few and far between. He said prior to the alloa game he was still hurting from the St Mirren final

What did he do  gave away a stupid penalty!!

7 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

He's too inconsistent. Yes, he dug us out a hole a couple of weeks back, but he needs to bring more to the table on a consistent basis. We need him tracking back when we're pinned back, just getting on the ball and driving forward to get us further up the pitch.

If we're all over the the other team, Jamie Walker is a great player to have. In tight games where we need to dig deeper he's not the right player. 

I have been wondering though on the merits of playing him as a striker. He's a solid finisher, so perhaps that might be his future? He doesn't offer enough energy (IMO) in the middle of the park. Players like Halliday or Naismith offer much more and are very 'busy' for 90 minutes. I.e they put themselves about and aren't scared to get on the ball to try and make things happen, or go toe to toe with the other team. 

I don't think Walker brings that to the table. I'm not saying he needs to go into two footed tackles, just to show a bit more energy and not start hiding. We were awful in that first half, but he was nowhere to be seen. Bringing him off sparked our comeback and that should worry him. 

On 23/12/2020 at 07:55, hmfc_liam06 said:

:rofl:

Thats the problem. Too many with a defeatist mentality within our support. Your the type that thinks the elusive third spot in the SPL is worth celebrating.

Next season we will be back in the top league. No one would be shocked at all if Aberdeen made all those signings therefore we should be expecting the same at least.

37 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Think your opinion is few and far between. He said prior to the alloa game he was still hurting from the St Mirren final

What did he do  gave away a stupid penalty!!

That's the most effort he'd made in weeks.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Will cost £20M to put a side on the pitch that would shake a few white feathers.

Don't think so, with youth and right players signed £10 mil at most. 

And the right manager too. 

Give me 10 mil and I'll put a team on that park that will be up there with the old firm 👍

Pm me James please and we will get right down to business 😉😂

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Give me 10 mil and I'll put a team on that park that will be up there with the old firm 👍

Pm me James please and we will get right down to business 😉😂

Not today.

I am bust eating chicken ffs

18 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not today.

I am bust eating chicken ffs

Hope your enjoying it and are having a good Christmas 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hope your enjoying it and are having a good Christmas 👍

I won't do a Bongo here and exaggerate, but it has been shite. then Brilliant then shite again.

Ah the banter Bongo mate, you too lad.

17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I won't do a Bongo here and exaggerate, but it has been shite. then Brilliant then shite again.

Ah the banter Bongo mate, you too lad.

Not banter all real mate, imagine giving up the possibility of a midfield three of mowatt, Irving, and sibbick, and you can rotate Haring and Cochrane with them. 

Ask yourself this why didn't mowatt want to renew last season 😉

Because Stendel had been already at him to join us, the lure of European football, and getting called up for Scotland. 

Then Barnsley used the 1 year extension clause, but make no mistake about it he was coming to us. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not banter all real mate, imagine giving up the possibility of a midfield three of mowatt, Irving, and sibbick, and you can rotate Haring and Cochrane with them. 

Ask yourself this why didn't mowatt want to renew last season 😉

Because Stendel had been already at him to join us, the lure of European football, and getting called up for Scotland. 

Then Barnsley used the 1 year extension clause, but make no mistake about it he was coming to us. 

The interesting part of this is.

I want you to be proven correct,although as a money person i find it difficult to spend my money on anything but the very best for Hearts..

We have our targets, for the next three seasons. The money is there but due to the restrictions we are unwilling to do anything.

There are so many available center mids or ball playing midfielders out there.

I like the way you offer up some type of base for your findings, do a list of the 16 players you would put together for  £10M.

When in doubt do nothing about.

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I didn’t say he didn’t “deserve” to play with us. I said he wasn’t good enough to take Hearts to the next level. Very few of this squad are. We need more players of the calibre of Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Ginnelly, Naismith and Boyce. Walker is simply a decent player at championship level who occasionally does special things. A bit like Paddy McCourt, Alan Gow, Greg Stewart, Kevin McAllister. 

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I get told a lot of stuff, but keep it to myself as you know what kb is genuinely like. 

hey Hey Hey

It's a beautiful day,

I may come across as i am hating on you or there's, i am all about pushing it to the limits.

Most is banter to get that edge out, i have information as well.

It is not all good though.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I didn’t say he didn’t “deserve” to play with us. I said he wasn’t good enough to take Hearts to the next level. Very few of this squad are. We need more players of the calibre of Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Ginnelly, Naismith and Boyce. Walker is simply a decent player at championship level who occasionally does special things. A bit like Paddy McCourt, Alan Gow, Greg Stewart, Kevin McAllister. 

We all know this, i would dump most of the squad.;

It will change in the next six month, we are where we are.

Own it and we can bring in the guns,until then we can only play with what we have right now.

Gorgie Boot boy

Keep Gordon Smith Kingsley Halliday Irving Haring Walker Boycie Ginnelly

The rest can bolt

Could we also get rid of all the shitti 'supporters' who's constant whining and criticism depresses the whole club, we will never move on up until we do. 

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Thats the problem. Too many with a defeatist mentality within our support. Your the type that thinks the elusive third spot in the SPL is worth celebrating.

Next season we will be back in the top league. No one would be shocked at all if Aberdeen made all those signings therefore we should be expecting the same at least.

You know **** all about me. What I do know is that that list is pure fantasy.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I get told a lot of stuff, but keep it to myself as you know what kb is genuinely like. 

99% of the stuff you get told is absolute shite.

Merry Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Keep Gordon Smith Kingsley Halliday Irving Haring Walker Boycie Ginnelly

The rest can bolt

Almost agree 

apart from Walker can go and keep Naismith 

Walkers  going to be a frustrating infuriating inconsistent player for rest of heart’s career. 

with Naismith back fully fit ( he’s been playing half fit till recently and needed games)  he can still be a really big player for us. His quality is still there. Most intelligent attacking player we’ve got. 
Jury still out on Halliday aswell but think he could come good. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Almost agree 

apart from Walker can go and keep Naismith 

Walkers  going to be a frustrating infuriating inconsistent player for rest of heart’s career. 

with Naismith back fully fit ( he’s been playing half fit till recently and needed games)  he can still be a really big player for us. His quality is still there. Most intelligent attacking player we’ve got. 
Jury still out on Halliday as well but think he could come good. 

Pretty shite state of affairs.

i agree on Naisy he may just get a one year deal.

Just now, Whatever said:

Bongo still with the sly digs aimed at Neilson.

And folk still think he’s a Hearts supporter?

Folk still falling for his "ITK" posts...

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Folk still falling for his "ITK" posts...

Incredible.

:laugh:

Got the inside track at Hearts, the Rangers boardroom, Aberdeen and Daniel Stendel’s arsehole.

Seems legit.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Incredible.

:laugh:

Got the inside track at Hearts, the Rangers boardroom, Aberdeen and Daniel Stendel’s arsehole.

Seems legit.

Still waiting on this Morelos to Lille deal to go through 👀

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

There will be an excuse. In between the snide, semi literate, smiley loaded shite. There’s ALWAYS an excuse.

An utter fantasist.

Just now, Whatever said:

There will be an excuse. In between the snide, semi literate, smiley loaded shite. There’s ALWAYS an excuse.

An utter fantasist.

We'll get the rumours in abbreviations shortly.

Guessing game, even for him.

18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Who said morelos was going to Lille? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Pretty sure it was you. If no, its an easy mistake to make given the shite you spout so I do apologise.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who said he isn't.

He can go to **** for all i care.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pretty sure it was you. If no, its an easy mistake to make given the shite you spout so I do apologise.

Please show me?. 

13 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Who said he isn't.

He can go to **** for all i care.

48 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Bongo still with the sly digs aimed at Neilson.

And folk still think he’s a Hearts supporter?

Jealousy its a ******* 😂😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )