January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Trolling on topic maybe.  I don't need your help with anything.  You can't even work out whether the majority of a wage is a proportion or not.

So when you pick someone up it’s fine and when I do it to you it’s trolling.

Sounds about right.......

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they are classed as ‘non homegrown’ rather than foreigners but we are going down a rabbit hole here. 😎

Things can be changed after Thursday as you say as EU freedom of movement legislation can be ignored by the UK parliament. I can’t see them restricting Scottish, English or Irish employment opportunities in England ( or v/v ) but you never know. 

They can’t sign under 18s from anywhere now. Work permits are required for any foreign players. Who knows how that affects Scots etc. 
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-transfers/work-permits-needed-for-eu-players-under-premier-league-post-brexit-rules-idUKKBN28B65X

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Get what you pay for. If Hearts are going to scrimp on wages, we'll get shite players. 

We have tried it the other way handing out decent wages and that shower of shite had us bottom of the league. 
It’s not all about paying the tip wages you need players who are motivated and hate losing football matches. 

18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So when you pick someone up it’s fine and when I do it to you it’s trolling.

Sounds about right.......

I'm not in the habit of picking people up.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Grow up, Daz posts snippets, some have come to fruition, others like all things football haven't worked out. He shares what he shares, it's up to you if you want to get your knickers in a twist about things.

Me? I quite like the snippets, gives me a few mins fantasising about who it could be that he means, other than that I'm not going to hound the guy if I think we're getting Messi and then we don't.

Saved me saying it, always like a Daz snippet.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Grow up, Daz posts snippets, some have come to fruition, others like all things football haven't worked out. He shares what he shares, it's up to you if you want to get your knickers in a twist about things.

Me? I quite like the snippets, gives me a few mins fantasising about who it could be that he means, other than that I'm not going to hound the guy if I think we're getting Messi and then we don't.

100% - it’s a ****ing football forum.. the exact type of medium for rumour, gossip and speculation.

folk who moan should find another medium..  they are far more irritating than posters who take part in a positive way. 

Whitecapjambo

I'd love to see us sign Jack Byrne from Shamrock rovers. Few months in championship would be great for him to bed into scottish football. He was a standout for rovers last year, has a few caps  and is now a free agent. I reckon Savage will be well clued up on League of Ireland after his time at Preston. https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/it-has-to-be-the-right-club-jack-byrne-weighs-up-options-ahead-of-january-transfer-window-39845210.html

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% - it’s a ****ing football forum.. the exact type of medium for rumour, gossip and speculation.

folk who moan should find another medium..  they are far more irritating than posters who take part in a positive way. 

100% correct.

I like to read what Daz posts and fully understand that not everything comes to fruition but that does not mean that serious interest did not exist.  I recall when we were going to sign Lafferty and then we weren't because he was at Fester Road.  If he had signed for them Daz (if he was involved) would have got pelters from the Angry Brigade but he did eventually sign for us.  These same people shout their mouths off for Hearts to bring in quality but when quality players are mentioned they spend their time trying to ridicule the poster.

Daz, if you read this put me down for a pm - or two.

Edited by JamboAl

I wouldn't be too bothered if we don't bring anyone in in January. We have a team good enough to skoosh the championship and unlikely to be able to attract anyone great at the moment. See where we are in the summer and look to bring some better quality in then. A centre half and attacking midfielder or two being the priorities. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think they are classed as ‘non homegrown’ rather than foreigners but we are going down a rabbit hole here. 😎

Things can be changed after Thursday as you say as EU freedom of movement legislation can be ignored by the UK parliament. I can’t see them restricting Scottish, English or Irish employment opportunities in England ( or v/v ) but you never know. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

May be of interest?

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

We have tried it the other way handing out decent wages and that shower of shite had us bottom of the league. 
It’s not all about paying the tip wages you need players who are motivated and hate losing football matches. 

Aye, on old codgers like Whelan. You don't get good players on 2-3k a week like. 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Was it not mentioned that we would look to structure wages so they were more based on bonuses, rather than a large basic, as had been the case previously?

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Better for the top flight English clubs it seems but not so much for the rest. I await the law of unintended consequences kicking in. 

Thats the way I see it. Its adding pointless barriers that will cause bigger problems to local industry (like Brexit in general.)

The book Soccernomics has a section about whether there are too many foreign players in English football and if it makes things worse for the English national team. They overall view is that by having foreign players it improves the standard of the game in England and in turn improves the English national team. They talked about the example of Cesc Fabergas going to Arsenal at 16, the argument goes that if him being there stops an English youngster from breaking through, but there isn't an English youngster as good as Fabergas who he is keeping out. Instead having talented foreign players pushes the level of those around and brings in new styles and ideas (something the book talks about elsewhere which British football suffered from by keeping foreign players and coaches to a minimum in the past. Countries in Western Europe allowed movement of coaches which brought about spread of ideas (such as Dutch total football spreading to Spain thanks to Cryuff and Michels in the 70s (and Cryuff again in the 90s.) 

The premier league will be fine, but I think there needs to be a fairer option for Scottish clubs who dont have the financial clout to sign the players who would meet the high requirements. Just wish we had not become so anti-immigration.

It'll be easy to assure players that we'll skoosh this league but harder to assure them that covid won't bring it to a halt after the year with no promotion/relegation.

Steady increase in cases in football down south. We might be okay up here though. What percentage of games need to be played? 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It'll be easy to assure players that we'll skoosh this league but harder to assure them that covid won't bring it to a halt after the year with no promotion/relegation.

Steady increase in cases in football down south. We might be okay up here though. What percentage of games need to be played? 

There is still no rule.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I wouldn't be too bothered if we don't bring anyone in in January. We have a team good enough to skoosh the championship and unlikely to be able to attract anyone great at the moment. See where we are in the summer and look to bring some better quality in then. A centre half and attacking midfielder or two being the priorities. 

We are a couple of injuries away from not being good enough to skoosh anything

24 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

There is still no rule.

Why would there be? I mean it’s not like they’ve ever had to call the leagues before....Oh wait.

FWIW there’s no way the SPL is called or, at least champions declared until Celtic are top.

If it’s scrapped there will be no champions/promotion otherwise 

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I’d imagine at least 18 games, play everyone twice, once home once away. Last season was called after 30/38 games or 79%. 18/27 is 67% so I’d think at least 18. End of February based on current schedule 

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Why would there be? I mean it’s not like they’ve ever had to call the leagues before....Oh wait.

FWIW there’s no way the SPL is called or, at least champions declared until Celtic are top.

Like last time around doesn't it mean the clubs decide if/when to end it? If they all agreed they could do it tomorrow, as we were told repeatedly the clubs make the decisions, Doncaster etc are only (Lawells) admin people,

22 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

They'll have a war on their hands. Rangers would make sure SPFL never recovers.

Edited by Bunny Munro

8 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

Like last time around doesn't it mean the clubs decide if/when to end it? If they all agreed they could do it tomorrow, as we were told repeatedly the clubs make the decisions, Doncaster etc are only (Lawells) admin people,

Pretty much whatever Celtic want will happen. Regardless of what Rangers want 

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Pretty much whatever Celtic want will happen. Regardless of what Rangers want 

Think the scale of Rangers current advantage is the biggest factor in favour of the leagues being finished or called rather than voided. Currently all four leagues have pretty clear leaders and all four likely to remain top until end of season. 

22 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Just had a browse...only realistic possibilities I can see are Gary Mackay-Steven, Stevie May or Cumdog.

We don't need any more dodgy knees..........I'd take cumdog.........he knows where the goals are..........problem is, will we play to his strength or turn him into the latest disappointment? Our style of play is boring, safety 1st keek! Not a Robbie fan you might realise. Robbie said he was signing pace and width in the summer.........when might we expect it to arrive?

1 hour ago, maroonblood said:

Was it not mentioned that we would look to structure wages so they were more based on bonuses, rather than a large basic, as had been the case previously?

It was yes. 

Thomas Robert is a target an advantage we have? He was willing to take the step down to airdrie to play football something we can offer more than some of the others interested. Disadvantage of course wages and potential European football. I’m just glad we’re finally looking at players like this someone who’s young and hungry to do well the move to airdrie proves that

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Diego Costa spotted at KFC Hermiston Gate

You sure it's not "Costa" Coffee spotted there? 

19 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thomas Robert is a target an advantage we have? He was willing to take the step down to airdrie to play football something we can offer more than some of the others interested. Disadvantage of course wages and potential European football. I’m just glad we’re finally looking at players like this someone who’s young and hungry to do well the move to airdrie proves that

So he’s one. Who are the other targets?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d imagine at least 18 games, play everyone twice, once home once away. Last season was called after 30/38 games or 79%. 18/27 is 67% so I’d think at least 18. End of February based on current schedule 

No decision made yet, here or down south. Depends where you are lying in the league. Self preservation looming again. 

iwasthere1954
18 hours ago, jr ewing said:

No decision made yet, here or down south. Depends where you are lying in the league. Self preservation looming again. 

Don't think the SPFL will be quick to end the league this time round after having to refund Sky and BT 2 million or thereabout for games not covered. Bet those who voted yes never saw that coming. 

Gorgie Boot boy
18 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

We don't need any more dodgy knees..........I'd take cumdog.........he knows where the goals are..........problem is, will we play to his strength or turn him into the latest disappointment? Our style of play is boring, safety 1st keek! Not a Robbie fan you might realise. Robbie said he was signing pace and width in the summer.........when might we expect it to arrive?

You are going in the bin, not reading your pish

Gorgie Boot boy
18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

So he’s one. Who are the other targets?

He is talking shite mate, read something in the paper and thinks it is big news. There are two players called Thomas Roberts, one was training with the vermin. The other plays For Airdrie.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He is talking shite mate, read something in the paper and thinks it is big news. There are two players called Thomas Roberts, one was training with the vermin. The other plays For Airdrie.

Never knew there were two. I want the next Neil McCann with a scarf above his heid by the time my Christmas tree comes down.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Never knew there were two. I want the next Neil McCann with a scarf above his heid by the time my Christmas tree comes down.

What young player do you rate at the moment Mate .

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

12 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

For clarity - the Airdrie player is called Thomas Robert, the one on trial at H1b5 is called Thomas Roberts

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Musemic said:

For clarity - the Airdrie player is called Thomas Robert, the one on trial at H1b5 is called Thomas Roberts

Ah thank you for that.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I still have a feeling that a lot of speculation for Thomas Robert is agent driven rather than the clubs having a genuine interest (felt the same last season where he was being linked in the papers to all the big leagues then ends up in Airdrie.) 

StevenNaismith

We have a genuine interest in Robert, know we’ve had him watched on several occasions. He’s been watched by lots of clubs though. From what I’ve been told he’s a very exciting prospect.

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What young player do you rate at the moment Mate .

Don’t really pay too much attention outside hearts but I think McGill looks a decent prospect. 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still have a feeling that a lot of speculation for Thomas Robert is agent driven rather than the clubs having a genuine interest (felt the same last season where he was being linked in the papers to all the big leagues then ends up in Airdrie.) 

Does feel a bit like that when you read the articles stating everyone is after him.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Bang on ,

Only reason we know the name is because he is being touted.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We have a genuine interest in Robert, know we’ve had him watched on several occasions. He’s been watched by lots of clubs though. From what I’ve been told he’s a very exciting prospect.

We watch a lot of players, this will end up gash talk like the Shankland fantasy story.

How we didn't rate him, it is CL fault etc.

More nonsense.

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We watch a lot of players, this will end up gash talk like the Shankland fantasy story.

How we didn't rate him, it is CL fault etc.

More nonsense.

What Shankland fantasy story? If you’re talking about him training with us a few years ago and CL not fancying him I can assure you that’s not nonsense.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t really pay too much attention outside hearts but I think McGill looks a decent prospect. 

He is not a winger though.

The issue is that fans want to see young exciting players, when asked to name one it can be a struggle.

On the subject of young Hearts talent. Leo Watson is another young player who looks like he has a bright future. 

McKenzie Kirk is developing, there are a lot of players who are very young at the moment.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

What Shankland fantasy story? If you’re talking about him training with us a few years ago and CL not fancying him I can assure you that’s not nonsense.

No you can't assure me or prove it.

A made up story.

Samuel Camazzola

A player I've always thought would improve us and be obtainable is Steven Caulker. With there currently being a shortage of options at international level, he should be considered for a call up (if he wants to be capped for Scotland). 

StevenNaismith
2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No you can't assure me or prove it.

A made up story.

I’ve got absolutely zero interest in arguing with you. You’re correct and my eyes/memory are wrong. Cheers

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )