• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Barrie McKay is a player I've thought we could approach. Sure his contract at Swansea is up next summer? Currently on loan at Fleetwood Town.

adambraejambo

Cant remember his name but the ex Dundee U forward who last I remember was in USA and Anya who I think been without a club since the summer. Being realistic anyone we get that Ex Scotland will be the wrong side of 30. Just a total guess though . 

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I can't think of a Scottish striker that would whelm me...not realistic anyway.

Last striker who whelmed us was Robbo.

Tragic.

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Dalglish!

Last decent one!

Just had a browse...only realistic possibilities I can see are Gary Mackay-Steven, Stevie May or Cumdog.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Just had a browse...only realistic possibilities I can see are Gary Mackay-Steven, Stevie May or Cumdog.

All aboard!!!!!!

Here we go round and round again.:whistling:

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

All aboard!!!!!!

Here we go round and round again.:whistling:

I chuckled when I seen his name and had to include him :laugh:

Greg Stewart hasn't been capped I don't think.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They also don’t help us next season. We will win the league with the squad we have. Maybe a six month deal with some clause that if we are promoted it’s extended for 12 months? Not sure if that’s even possible but the time for short term signings was the summer and not now imo. Obviously depending on who leaves. 

If Boyce and Wighton picked up injuries we might struggle. Naismith is always a game away from an injury absence. Walker has patchy fitness history. Ginelly has hardly been fit since he joined us. Not sure we would be league winners if we have to play with Frear, Roberts and Henderson as a front three for a few months. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Barrie McKay? 

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They are footballers who have agents and need a contract next summer. They will not get any opportunities to impress future employers by staying with us. We will be easy to deal with fur any club wanting them on loan or permanently. I’d expect all 3 to be either on loan or gone permanently by 31 Jan. 

If they find a place to go

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Lewis Morgan if he is finding life tough in Miami. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If Boyce and Wighton picked up injuries we might struggle. Naismith is always a game away from an injury absence. Walker has patchy fitness history. Ginelly has hardly been fit since he joined us. Not sure we would be league winners if we have to play with Frear, Roberts and Henderson as a front three for a few months. 

All true of course but I’d think most other teams have even weaker squads in this league. I’d like to see any signings bought to feature next season as well as this one but I won’t complain if that’s not the case. It’s a tricky situation. 

39 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Winger who has been capped for Scotland, striker also been capped for Scotland are quite far down the line in contract talks here. As I have stated before. Take it or leave it,not going to be answering questions or naming anyone due to personal abuse aimed at me previously 

Every window you get my hopes up Daz and you almost always let me down. Suprised you’re not banned for the amount of bs you put on this. 

16 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Cant remember his name but the ex Dundee U forward who last I remember was in USA and Anya who I think been without a club since the summer. Being realistic anyone we get that Ex Scotland will be the wrong side of 30. Just a total guess though . 

Pat Nevin?

Just now, Robdawg said:

Every window you get my hopes up Daz and you almost always let me down. Suprised you’re not banned for the amount of bs you put on this. 

He doesn’t need to be banned, just block his posts. I like a bit of ITK speculation.  

Surprised to say Eamonn Brophy and Stevie May both have a cap for Scotland, after some frantic googling of players. McKay is an interesting name, people earlier on this thread or the Liam Boyce thread stated Greg Stewart was looking very likely but he doesn't fit the capped by Scotland criteria. The speculation fun and games start again. 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Russell ?

Not a bad call. MLS season doesn't start till March so maybe a short term loan till then. Protects us incase season ends early and gets him sharp for his new campaign. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He doesn’t need to be banned, just block his posts. I like a bit of ITK speculation.  

Daz has got yous on strings 😂

the sub goalie

Jordan Rhodes? I know we’ve tried to get him in the past, however new management team and sporting director prob just me adding 2+2 and coming up with 5.

7 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Jordan Rhodes? I know we’ve tried to get him in the past, however new management team and sporting director prob just me adding 2+2 and coming up with 5.

And with Shef Wed not too flush, who knows.

I also notice Robert Snodgrass out of contract this season but wages could be a problem unless he desperately wants to come back up the road.

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely hilarious if Neilson signed Cummings.... nahhhh couldn’t happen... could it? :lol: 

Surprised it took until page 17 for his name to come up. I wonder how long until someone mentions Shankland 

LarrysRightFoot

If Wiki is correct Johnny Russell’s contract is up in January. I would be surprised if he stayed over there though - think he is rated. If he came back it might be to England. 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Surprised it took until page 17 for his name to come up. I wonder how long until someone mentions Shankland 

Well dazas the one that’s teasingly said it’s a striker “capped by Scotland” to me that tenuously means maybe less than 5 caps, so I don’t reckon it’ll be Rhodes or Fletcher. So until we find out who it actually is, Cumdog / Shankland it is! 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

Barrie McKay is a player I've thought we could approach. Sure his contract at Swansea is up next summer? Currently on loan at Fleetwood Town.

Good shout that

Dusk_Till_Dawn
56 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

When the hell did we try to sign Rhodes :rofl:he’s on 35k a week!

48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And with Shef Wed not too flush, who knows.

I also notice Robert Snodgrass out of contract this season but wages could be a problem unless he desperately wants to come back up the road.

Snodgrass would smash my whelmometer. I can’t believe he’s not getting more game time at West Ham

Exactly the kind of player we need next season.

Pie in the sky though I think 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Snodgrass would smash my whelmometer. I can’t believe he’s not getting more game time at West Ham

Exactly the kind of player we need next season.

Pie in the sky though I think 

Snodgrass :lol:

£60k a week

Just now, tcjambo said:

Lewis Morgan is a good shout - only 24 years old too

If this lad is available expect Hibs to be sniffing they were after him previously 

Know what would get the excitement going? instead of all these British players?

I right random italian boy with a head band. 

Maybe a wee Spaniard thrown in. 

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Know what would get the excitement going? instead of all these British players?

I right random italian boy with a head band. 

Maybe a wee Spaniard thrown in. 

Is he wearing the head band or just holding it for someone else though.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Is he wearing the head band or just holding it for someone else though.

A head band? Rab C Nesbitt?

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Snodgrass :lol:

£60k a week

I did say

wages could be a problem unless he desperately wants to come back up the road.

Otherwise I doubt if we have a hope in hell.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )