January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

53 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

ย 

You know **** all about me. What I do know is that thatย list is pure fantasy.

Oh Liam, why do you go out your way to attack other posters man, like you genuinely think i go out my way to be better than you ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

ย 

Dude your so irrelevant I've not even engaged you as a poster, as you offer nothing to me.ย 

ย 

Do you think i give a **** what you or Whateva ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ has to say?ย 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย 

Jealously its a ******* ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

I was dreaming of the past.

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

OK G ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

The winter transfer window will open on January 4 and close on February 1, 2021.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The winter transfer window will open on January 4 and close on February 1, 2021.

I'll be taking it off and be sure to let Lima, take over ๐Ÿ‘ .ย 

ย 

What i can tell you Kingsley is ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

ย 

Irving still not done.ย 

ย 

Sibbick won't be coming back, and will get a chance to impress coming back from his loan .ย 

ย 

Deal for josh almost agreed ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The interesting part of this is.

I want you to be proven correct,although as a money person i find it difficult to spend my money on anything but the very best for Hearts..

We have our targets, for the next three seasons. The money is there but due to the restrictions we are unwilling to do anything.

There are so many available center mids or ball playing midfielders out there.

I like the way you offer up some type of base for your findings, do a list of the 16 players you would put together forย  ยฃ10M.

When in doubt do nothing about.

Do you still want me to do this, I'll give it a go if you want,

ย 

Am i allowed to get rid of players as well to free up budget ๐Ÿ˜‚?.ย 

ย 

And is it me managing the team or the choice of my manager?.ย 

ย 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Just do what your good at mate.

Make it up, it is yourย  team.

Will give this a go in the morning ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will give this a go in the morning ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

There is a reason for this.

You will figure it out as you get into it.

That would be great, gives you an opportunity to show off your talents.

8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

There is a reason for this.

You will figure it out as you get into it.

That would be great, gives you an opportunity to show off your talents.

I have my team already mate, just it's going to take me a while to explain signings etc ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I have my team already mate, just it's going to take me a while to explain signings etc ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

Team and manager etc for ยฃ10M

This is going to be interesting.

See it as a ยฃ10M upgrade on what we have.

That may be the easier option.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Leveins Battalion
6 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Team and manager etc for ยฃ10M

This is going to be interesting.

See it as a ยฃ10M upgrade on what we have.

That may be the easier option.

Wow.

ย 

ย 

Have a day off guys.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

adambraejambo
41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wow.

ย 

ย 

Have a day off guys.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Dont ruin it. I just bought Fm2021 on xbox and need all the help I can get.ย 

11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'll be taking it off and be sure to let Lima, take over ๐Ÿ‘ .ย 

ย 

What i can tell you Kingsley is ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

ย 

Irving still not done.ย 

ย 

Sibbick won't be coming back, and will get a chance to impress coming back from his loan .ย 

ย 

Deal for josh almost agreed ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

Wow your a "rocket" scientist

LarrysRightFoot

I see Hibs are linked with Chris Cadden - a player who seemed to be linked with us consistently for a good couple of years.ย 
ย 

Not saw him play for a while but always thought he was decent.ย 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Liam was bang on the money with Jordan Roberts.ย 

ย 

I wish you weren't ๐Ÿ˜”

ย 

:lol:ย 

ย 

No praise for Kinglsey Rick? Yeah, focus on the negative why don't you! ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I see Hibs are linked with Chris Cadden - a player who seemed to be linked with us consistently for a good couple of years.ย 
ย 

ย 

Think we've all said it for years but these are the exact types of signings Aberdeen and Hibs have been making that we never seem to do very often.

ย 

We should be all over it.

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

ย 

ย 

Very good signing for them unfortunately (If it happens). Through gritted teeth I'd say they're building a decent squad. Ron Gordon must have a bit of cash if he's willing to sanction more signings. Hopefully the pandemic has hit him hard and they can go back to being a joke.ย That said, the quickerย we're back in the top league to compete for signings like Cadden the better.

Edited by Goodfella

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

ย 

Don't Hibs have like 1000 wingers now? All they seem to sign are wingers.

Edited by Bunny Munro

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

ย 

:lol:ย 

ย 

No praise for Kinglsey Rick? Yeah, focus on the negative why don't you! ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Never noticed the Kingsley tip, but kudos on a good one :laugh:

ย 

Agree with you about the signings, no point wasting our time and money on projects when good players who are right under our noseย are being snapped up by our rivals.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bar a striker,ย  really don't want to be reliant on others if Boyce is not available for whatever reason, we should save the cash for summerย 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

ย 

Never noticed the Kingsley tip, but kudos on a good one :laugh:

ย 

Agree with you about the signings, no point wasting our time and money on projects when good players who are right under our noseย are being snapped up by our rivals.

ย 

Aberdeen have a great recent track record of signing players who were good here, went to England and weren't entirely successful and moved back up the road. Hibs have started doing it more recently too.

ย 

They know the league, they are proven, they can hit the ground running. It's the market we should be focused on most.

On 23/12/2020 at 13:31, JackLadd said:

ย 

My thoughts also, gms always impressed me. Expect Sheep will sign him.

His girlfriend lives in Glasgow, so we might be in with a shout after the year thatโ€™s just happened. One of the premier league Glasgow teams, or us, livi or hibs Iโ€™d say.ย 

Any ITK people know anything about what's happening with Loic Damour? If by some Christmas miracle we could shift him it might save some wages to go on fresh players.

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bar a striker,ย  really don't want to be reliant on others if Boyce is not available for whatever reason, we should save the cash for summerย 

a striker is a must.. I wouldnโ€™t want to be going into too many games without Boyce..ย 

ย 

but Iโ€™d also say the same re a winger.. we have been very narrow without Ginelly..ย 

ย 

beyond that Iโ€™d agree with you unless someone becomes available who will offers something long termย 

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

ย 

Dunne would be a fantastic signing but don't think we'd have a chance. He's been on the bench for Burnley most of this season and has come on a couple of times too. Obviously whilst Tarkowski and Mee are there he's never going to be first choice, but the fact that he's on the bench says a lot and I think they might want to hang onto him.ย 

ย 

Sibbick's loan with whatever Belgian side he joined has been cut short and he is now back at Barnsley. I would take him back, but I can't see Neilson looking backwards for players and will have guys of his own in mind I reckon. Getting Damour out and him in would be the deal of the season though ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

As far as Dukuย is concerned, he would be a massive gamble but initial signs are that he looks like a decent player. Is he only ever going to be decent at this level though....ย 

ย 

ย 

I know what you mean about Dunne. However there's a wee chance that their manager will be looking to recruit.ย Dunne mayย or may not beย out of his plansย so it wouldn't do any harm to issue a note of interest just incase others get in. It's the old saying...you don't ask, you don't get.ย 

Sibbick really didn't get much chance to show what he could do and that's unfortunate. I don't know what heย would want to do but he's another player who'd be worth a shot. No harm in asking.ย If Robbie has anything about him (i don't mean that in a derogatory way) i'd like to think he's aware of Sibbick from his time here before.ย 

Yes, Duku could well be a gamble but he won't be on that much at Raith so probably worth a punt. If it worked out, great, if not he moves on. "Is he only going to be decent at this level though" We'll never know unless we give it a go. A short-term contract shouldn't be outwith our means. Don't fancy another club taking a chance on him and it working out for them instead of us. We've seen a few that would've improved us do well at other clubs and it's pretty frustrating. I think of someone like Jamie Vardy at Leicester for example who was a nobody before they took the chance on him. Sometimes the gamble pays off, sometimes it doesn't. I suppose every player is a gamble one way or another.

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Goodfella said:

Any ITK people know anything about what's happening with Loic Damour? If by some Christmas miracle we could shift him it might save some wages to go on fresh players.

ย 

I'm not ITK but had read a while back on here that he was heading back to France in January to join a French club.

ย 

No idea if that is fact or just heresay.ย  I did see this about him recently though.

ย 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/loic-damour-hearts-injury-boost-19405561

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

ย 

ย 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

ย 

Think we've all said it for years but these are the exact types of signings Aberdeen and Hibs have been making that we never seem to do very often.

ย 

We should be all over it.

ย 

It's been frustrating to see those two signing players that would improve our team over the last few years. It's no coincidence they are sitting top half SPL while we're prancing about in the Championship. It comes back yet again to recruitment and scouting and it makes you wonder what's going on at Hearts.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

ย 

I'm not ITK but had read a while back on here that he was heading back to France in January to join a French club.

ย 

No idea if that is fact or just heresay.ย  I did see this about him recently though.

ย 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/loic-damour-hearts-injury-boost-19405561

Luic is training, has a lot of catching up to do.

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

I know what you mean about Dunne. However there's a wee chance that their manager will be looking to recruit.ย Dunne mayย or may not beย out of his plansย so it wouldn't do any harm to issue a note of interest just incase others get in. It's the old saying...you don't ask, you don't get.ย 

Sibbick really didn't get much chance to show what he could do and that's unfortunate. I don't know what heย would want to do but he's another player who'd be worth a shot. No harm in asking.ย If Robbie has anything about him (i don't mean that in a derogatory way) i'd like to think he's aware of Sibbick from his time here before.ย 

Yes, Duku could well be a gamble but he won't be on that much at Raith so probably worth a punt. If it worked out, great, if not he moves on. "Is he only going to be decent at this level though" We'll never know unless we give it a go. A short-term contract shouldn't be outwith our means. Don't fancy another club taking a chance on him and it working out for them instead of us. We've seen a few that would've improved us do well at other clubs and it's pretty frustrating. I think of someone like Jamie Vardy at Leicester for example who was a nobody before they took the chance on him. Sometimes the gamble pays off, sometimes it doesn't. I suppose every player is a gamble one way or another.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I would be expecting our new Sporting Director will have a number of contacts with clubs that we have had no previous links with.

ย 

So hopefully we will start to see some better signings than we have had in recent years.

Just now, wavydavy said:

ย 

ย 

I would be expecting our new Sporting Director will have a number of contacts with clubs that we have had no previous links with.

ย 

So hopefully we will start to see some better signings than we have had in recent years.

ย 

Fingers crossed. We had a good reputation years ago with signings and it's been slipping in the last four years or so.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, wavydavy said:

ย 

I know the article said he hadn't played since March.

You said you are not ITK.

in the know or not in the know, this is the question.

Just now, jambonian said:

ย 

Fingers crossed. We had a good reputation years ago with signings and it's been slipping in the last four years or so.

ย 

It certainly has. It just goes to show that often players that seem to be decent signings on paper turn out to be rather a waste of time and effort.

ย 

There is always an element of luck in signing a player that does well but if proper background/fitness/injuryย checks are all done well then that should minimise the risks.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You said you are not ITK.

in the know or not in the know, this is the question.

ย 

I don't have any inside info on Damour so I am not in the know, that is my answer.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, wavydavy said:

ย 

I don't have any inside info on Damour so I am not in the know, that is my answer.

I know that.

ย 

Luic took a knock to his ankle/heel in the league opener against Dross county last season.

His first league game for us, had a tough time since with it.

He returned to France for a while due to the restrictions.

At the moment he is working away on his fitness along with Souttar .

That is as much as we know right now.

ย 

ย 

Ainsley Harriott
On 25/12/2020 at 00:35, Bongo 1874 said:

Or you could play to the guys strengths, and get the very best out of him.ย 

ย 

Passenger in the cup final ๐Ÿ˜‚bar Gordon in the 1st half tell me who wasn't a passenger? Or maybe it was the way we set up.ย 

ย 

People say celtic played amazing first half, bollocks that's all it is and they are lying to themselves.ย 

ย 

As far as you calling Jamie a passenger ๐Ÿ˜‚short memory when he pulled us out the shit, couple weeks ago.ย 

I think the fact he pulled us out thr shit 2 weeks ago but has been anonymous in countless games tells you everything you need to know about him.

Niemiโ€™s gloves
38 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

ย 

It's been frustrating to see those two signing players that would improve our team over the last few years. It's no coincidence they are sitting top half SPL while we're prancing about in the Championship. It comes back yet again to recruitment and scouting and it makes you wonder what's going on at Hearts.

We were sitting in the top half of the SPL for several years and would be again now with our current squad and relative lack of injuries. We are where we are now thanks to a very high level of injuries a year or two back, a collective loss of self belief and finally the machinations of Doncaster and the self interest of other clubs.

ย 

I donโ€™t buy into the idea that we should sign a player like Duku (as you suggested in another post) simply because another club might take a chance on himย and it might work out for them. If we followed that policy weโ€™d have a squad of 100 or more players. Iโ€™m pretty dubious of the idea that other clubsโ€™ recruitment record is dramatically better than ours. Itโ€™s easy to ย point out the successes elsewhere while barely noticing the failures that every club has.

27 minutes ago, Niemiโ€™s gloves said:

We were sitting in the top half of the SPL for several years and would be again now with our current squad and relative lack of injuries. We are where we are now thanks to a very high level of injuries a year or two back, a collective loss of self belief and finally the machinations of Doncaster and the self interest of other clubs.

ย 

I donโ€™t buy into the idea that we should sign a player like Duku (as you suggested in another post) simply because another club might take a chance on himย and it might work out for them. If we followed that policy weโ€™d have a squad of 100 or more players. Iโ€™m pretty dubious of the idea that other clubsโ€™ recruitment record is dramatically better than ours. Itโ€™s easy to ย point out the successes elsewhere while barely noticing the failures that every club has.

Opportunity too good to pass on.ย 

Niemiโ€™s gloves
53 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Opportunity too good to pass on.ย 

If youโ€™re talking about Duku, no problem if Robbie rates him. What I have a problem with is ย the general idea that we should sign a player simply because somebody else might if we donโ€™t.

10 minutes ago, Niemiโ€™s gloves said:

If youโ€™re talking about Duku, no problem if Robbie rates him. What I have a problem with is ย the general idea that we should sign a player simply because somebody else might if we donโ€™t.

Strengthen us weakens them. Old firm have been doing to others for years.ย 

Stephen O'Donnell plays again for Motherwell on the 30th and is out of contract onย January 1st.

ย 

He'll need to make a decision soon. No idea if we'll offer him anything.

Frear, Roberts, Walker, and Moore offer nothing at all from an end product, and Ginelly has not played much due to injuries.

ย 

Need effective wide player alternatives like Ginelly who can go by players and steal a yard on their opponent.ย  The others don't have the pace and are forever turning back or not getting the ball into the box.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )