January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He would become instantly our best player up front and at right back. 

Hardly, no chance he will ever be back so just forget him. He was rubbish at right back a lot of the time and I would take Smith every day of the week over Paterson.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think folk are hasty in saying we don't need a right back, Smith will be 33 at the start of next season and I think his future could lie at the right of a back three. 

___________Gordon

___Smith__Halkett__LCB

RWB__Haring__Irving__Kingsley 

Ginnelly__Boyce__Winger

Three signings would make for a good prem XI imo

So here's how the squad looks coming up to the January transfer window. Ross Stewart will head back to Livingston unless we extend his loan and I think the majority of our loans expire in January. I've noted down when the current contracts expire to the best of my knowledge.

Priorities have to be getting Smith, Kingsley and Irving to extend. Also get Ginnelly tied down permanently as he will now be free to sign a pre contract with us. Wighton has earned a new deal in my opinion. Would be tempted to keep Cochrane here for the rest of the season and see if he can earn a new deal. Will also be interesting to see if Neilson extends the current deals for the likes of Lee and Berra.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022

- Harry Stone - 2023
- Bobby Zlamal - 2021
- Colin Doyle - 2021

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2021
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- Christophe Berra - 2021
- John Souttar - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2021
- Aidy White - 2021

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Olly Lee - 2021
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Andy Irving - 2021
- Harry Cochrane - 2021
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Elliott Frear - 2021
- Josh Ginnelly - 2021 (Loan)
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Craig Wighton - 2021

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think folk are hasty in saying we don't need a right back, Smith will be 33 at the start of next season and I think his future could lie at the right of a back three. 

___________Gordon

___Smith__Halkett__LCB

RWB__Haring__Irving__Kingsley 

Ginnelly__Boyce__Winger

Three signings would make for a good prem XI imo

We are 5 players short of a decent side, Halliday is improving,

Only one slot available on the left side, incoming soon.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

So here's how the squad looks coming up to the January transfer window. Ross Stewart will head back to Livingston unless we extend his loan and I think the majority of our loans expire in January. I've noted down when the current contracts expire to the best of my knowledge.

Priorities have to be getting Smith, Kingsley and Irving to extend. Also get Ginnelly tied down permanently as he will now be free to sign a pre contract with us. Wighton has earned a new deal in my opinion. Would be tempted to keep Cochrane here for the rest of the season and see if he can earn a new deal. Will also be interesting to see if Neilson extends the current deals for the likes of Lee and Berra.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022

- Harry Stone - 2023
- Bobby Zlamal - 2021
- Colin Doyle - 2021

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2021
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- John Souttar - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022

Left Backs
- Aidy White - 2021

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Olly Lee - 2021
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Andy Irving - 2021
- Harry Cochrane - 2021
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Elliott Frear - 2021
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Craig Wighton - 2021

Great piece of work.

Bongo will either love or loath this.

35 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hardly, no chance he will ever be back so just forget him. He was rubbish at right back a lot of the time and I would take Smith every day of the week over Paterson.

No he wasn't :lol: he was fantastic there before he got injured when we came back up.

Smith will be away and it's debatable he's better than Paterson also. 

Agree though, he won't be back anytime soon. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No he wasn't :lol: he was fantastic there before he got injured when we came back up.

Smith will be away and it's debatable he's better than Paterson also. 

Agree though, he won't be back anytime soon. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022

- Harry Stone - 2023
- Bobby Zlamal - 2021
- Colin Doyle - 2021

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2021
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- John Souttar - 2022
- Chris Hamilton - 2022

Left Backs
- Aidy White - 2021

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Olly Lee - 2021
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Andy Irving - 2021
- Harry Cochrane - 2021
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2023
- Scott McGill - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Elliott Frear - 2021
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Craig Wighton - 2021

Agree, and I think berra might stay, but be like 3rd/ 4th choice cb tho, his terms will be reduced as well. 

I'd keep white as well. 

Lee, I think will go. It's imperative we upgrade tho, too many times a player leaves, fans are happy and he's replaced with worse. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Jorge Grant is someone we should look at. Out of contract in the summer. 

His wiki stats are poor, but would depend on his "style", would he bring something different to our current options. 

Looks like he wouldn't be an upgrade on Boyce or Naismith tho. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

His wiki stats are poor, but would depend on his "style", would he bring something different to our current options. 

Looks like he wouldn't be an upgrade on Boyce or Naismith tho. 

Midfielder bud. 👍 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Midfielder bud. 👍 

Great.  Cheers. 

What a doughnut 🍩👍

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Jorge Grant is someone we should look at. Out of contract in the summer. 

No chance he will come to us given the teams interested unfortunately

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Calum Paterson doesn’t win a lot in the air 😆 WTF man.

This reminds me when folk didn’t want Rudi back as they had watched 60 second highlights from Southampton and weren’t impressed.. 😆

Except I’ve watched the full 90 minutes of him playing for Wednesday most weeks this season. 

I’m also well aware of what he has done in the past. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Campbell is a target for a lot of sides, will probably end up abroad mate. Would be nice to know we at least had a chat with his agent

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, and why wouldn’t he?  By February he will know if we are back in the top league next season. If we aren’t I’d question his sanity if stayed with us. 

I've no issues with him looking after himself. I think as a club we absolutely need to do the same, give him a time limit and look elsewhere. I think recently it feels like we are always chasing our tails in regards to planning the squad. Aberdeen seem to do it far more consistently and get their men in earlier for example. 

If we did one thing in the summer, bringing Callum Paterson back to the club would be triple A level business. We're signing a striker that can play literally any position in a pinch. 

Makes a lot of sense for us as a club. Whether we can afford Callum is another story. Also, he'd be under contract so unless he can convince them to let him fly free once more I don't think we'd be able to get him back sadly. 

Centreback is my big concern. Hearts always have a good defence. When we don't it really tells. Stuart Findlay would be top of my list, like for like replacement with Berra, although Jimmy Dunne would be my ideal signing but finances would probably shoot that in the foot. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

It's maybe that Kingsley is waiting to see if we are definitely going to be in the Premier before committing. Hope we can get it sorted as it's been one of our most troublesome positions to get right for a few years now. It would be a brilliant piece of business to get him signed up longer. 

Was a chat between him and Robbie.

They agreed that any talks should be put aside until the end of january.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've no issues with him looking after himself. I think as a club we absolutely need to do the same, give him a time limit and look elsewhere. I think recently it feels like we are always chasing our tails in regards to planning the squad. Aberdeen seem to do it far more consistently and get their men in earlier for example. 

Agree. End of Feb deadline gives us plenty of time to find a replacement for next season if needed. I’m pretty sure, based on his comments, that if we are assured of promotion in Feb he will sign a longer term deal with us. 

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree. End of Feb deadline gives us plenty of time to find a replacement for next season if needed. I’m pretty sure, based on his comments, that if we are assured of promotion in Feb he will sign a longer term deal with us. 

I think it'd take an almighty collapse for us to not get promoted, he knows that. I think he's probably waiting to see if he gets an offer he can't refuse. Location wise Hearts appear perfect for him. 

Seymour M Hersh

Do we really need to recruit in January when there will not be many if any frees about meaning it'll cost us, to win this league? I'd prefer to save our dosh until the summer and recruit for the premiership. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do we really need to recruit in January when there will not be many if any frees about meaning it'll cost us, to win this league? I'd prefer to save our dosh until the summer and recruit for the premiership. 

I see the logic but anybody we recruit now will in effect be for the premiership. Can’t see us going after 6 month deals. Not sure if financial positions at some clubs may mean they are happy to lose players cheaply to get them of the wage bill. 

In saying that I’d be surprised to see more than two arrivals and equally surprised if more than 2 go. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I see the logic but anybody we recruit now will in effect be for the premiership. Can’t see us going after 6 month deals. Not sure if financial positions at some clubs may mean they are happy to lose players cheaply to get them of the wage bill. 

In saying that I’d be surprised to see more than two arrivals and equally surprised if more than 2 go. 

How about pre contract contracts? I just don't feel that we have to spend money now for this league. Unless of course we would likely loose out on a player if we wait. 

28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I would restrict it to loans myself. Hungry players with something to prove, or players that may want more game time to push for a place at the Euros. The latter is probably a difficult ask though.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How about pre contract contracts? I just don't feel that we have to spend money now for this league. Unless of course we would likely loose out on a player if we wait. 

Works for me. I’d ideally like a decent, fast winger in this window but only because we’re so slow and boring to watch at times. We will win the league without any new signings. 

Winger who has been capped for Scotland, striker also been capped for Scotland are quite far down the line in contract talks here. As I have stated before. Take it or leave it,not going to be answering questions or naming anyone due to personal abuse aimed at me previously 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Winger who has been capped for Scotland, striker also been capped for Scotland are quite far down the line in contract talks here. As I have stated before. Take it or leave it,not going to be answering questions or naming anyone due to personal abuse aimed at me previously 

PM Mate

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Safe to say 99% of the board appreciated the insight daza.. the other 1% are helmets. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Some have already mentioned two incoming players.Thanks , there is a lot in this story.

47 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think it'd take an almighty collapse for us to not get promoted, he knows that. I think he's probably waiting to see if he gets an offer he can't refuse. Location wise Hearts appear perfect for him. 

COVID is biggest threat, possibly only threat, to our promotion. Lawell could get the season voided and ensure insufficient support for recon, again. 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Some have already mentioned two incoming players.Thanks , there is a lot in this story.

Can anyone refresh the two names? Cheers in advance 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, south morocco said:

Can anyone refresh the two names? Cheers in advance 

No names have been mentioned yet.

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m surprised that you would be surprised if Doyle, Zlamal, Damour and a few youths are not moved on in January. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, soonbe110 said:

I’m surprised that you would be surprised if Doyle, Zlamal, Damour and a few youths are not moved on in January. 

They need a place to go before we can move them on though.

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

6 month deals protect us against an early termination of the league with no promotion/relegation or reconstruction. 

11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

👍👍 correct approach Daza. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m surprised you’re surprised by my potential surprise 😀. I hope we do move on the players you’ve mentioned but I’ve hoped for that before and been disappointed.  You got some inside info?

14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Thanks for the info, as always. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

They need a place to go before we can move them on though.

They are footballers who have agents and need a contract next summer. They will not get any opportunities to impress future employers by staying with us. We will be easy to deal with fur any club wanting them on loan or permanently. I’d expect all 3 to be either on loan or gone permanently by 31 Jan. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

6 month deals protect us against an early termination of the league with no promotion/relegation or reconstruction. 

They also don’t help us next season. We will win the league with the squad we have. Maybe a six month deal with some clause that if we are promoted it’s extended for 12 months? Not sure if that’s even possible but the time for short term signings was the summer and not now imo. Obviously depending on who leaves. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )