January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Frear, Roberts, Walker, and Moore offer nothing at all from an end product, and Ginelly has not played much due to injuries.

Need effective wide player alternatives like Ginelly who can go by players and steal a yard on their opponent.  The others don't have the pace and are forever turning back or not getting the ball into the box.

Agree. We have plenty technically good players. It’s drive and energy we lack at times. Ginelly is no world beater but he’s hungry for the ball and desperate to get it up the park. Patience is great but we have too many players happy to just knock the ball about we need additions to balance it out a bit. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, JamboAl said:

Wighton scored 2.  Must be super world class.

Learn the trade, then master it.

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wighton scored 2.  Must be super world class.

The Brazilians are hoping he has a granny from there. 

Anyone got any news?

Doesn't have to be accurate, just entertaining.

So far we have Greg Stewart on loan til the end of the season, getting a few current Hearts players signed up on longer contracts, is anyone decent available from Preston?

Any realistic pre contacts out there that will improve us?

Where are the other ITK that used to be on here??

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Stephen O'Donnell plays again for Motherwell on the 30th and is out of contract on January 1st.

He'll need to make a decision soon. No idea if we'll offer him anything.

I think it will be hard to attract players until we know what league we will be in next season. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it will be hard to attract players until we know what league we will be in next season. 

I agree.

Wait until you have the SPL carrot, plenty of admiring eyes will be on us.

Ta A great bargaining tool, godsends all round if we play it correctly.

My money is going nowhere until we know the issues with restrictions and Brexit.

On 25/12/2020 at 14:29, hmfc_liam06 said:

You know **** all about me. What I do know is that that list is pure fantasy.

Apparently Aberdeen are after Gary Mackay-Steven, Ross Stewart, Chris Cadden, Stuart Findlay, Paul Gallagher, Allan Campbell and Marley Watkins (permanent deal).

We are third biggest club in Scotland and next season we will be back in the top league. We have reached back to back Scottish club finals and will be pushing for third spot next season. These are the types of players we as a club should be signing. If Aberdeen are after them it should come as no great surprise if we are too and given we are a bigger club and will be back in the top league next season we should be beating them to their signature. I expect us to be right up their for third spot next season under Neilson.

13 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Apparently Aberdeen are after Gary Mackay-Steven, Ross Stewart, Chris Cadden, Stuart Findlay, Paul Gallagher, Allan Campbell and Marley Watkins (permanent deal).

We are third biggest club in Scotland and next season we will be back in the top league. We have reached back to back Scottish club finals and will be pushing for third spot next season. These are the types of players we as a club should be signing. If Aberdeen are after them it should come as no great surprise if we are too and given we are a bigger club and will be back in the top league next season we should be beating them to their signature. I expect us to be right up their for third spot next season under Neilson.

they are tryin to punt cosgrove in January to sign new players although that seems far too many 

17 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Of these I would only compete for Findlay and Stewart. Aberdeen would be welcome to the others, apart from Campbell who I reckon will be heading south. He could bag himself a place in a Championship side and neither us nor The Sheep would be able to match the wages he could get.

24 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

From that last I'd try to sign GMS, Ross Stewart, Stuart Findlay, Declan Gallagher and Allan Campbell. 

Not sure what Cadden is up to these days. 

Some could be eyeing England which would be hard for us to match wages. 

Edited by Ari Gold

36 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

they are tryin to punt cosgrove in January to sign new players although that seems far too many 

Cosgrove is apparently going to be sold for 2.7 million and Hernandez for 800k to Atlanta. They have some money to play with. Newspapers are reporting Cadden, Ross Stewart and GMS will be signed by Aberdeen this window potentially. The rest all on preseason contracts. I hope we are after some of these guys as I believe they'd be an upgrade on what we already have.

@Ari Gold Cheers for correcting me. Declan Gallagher of Motherwell.

Edited by Gorillajam

Tynecastlesmychurch

Allan Campbell is the one out of the list above I’d really want us to go for. Would be disappointed if we lost out to another Scottish club outside the old firm for any targets really. 

To be clear not Robbie oot or sack the board or am no renewing my season ticket disappointed. Just awww 😕 disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Allan Campbell is the one out of the list above I’d really want us to go for. Would be disappointed if we lost out to another Scottish club outside the old firm for any targets really. 

To be clear not Robbie oot or sack the board or am no renewing my season ticket disappointed. Just awww 😕 disappointed. 

Allan Campbell is one of our main summer targets however he is also the target of majority clubs up here and many down south. Due to not having the 100% guarantee of premiership football in jan we will be down that list. We will be making first contacts on players out of contract in summer within the next couple weeks 👍🏻

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Allan Campbell is one of our main summer targets however he is also the target of majority clubs up here and many down south. Due to not having the 100% guarantee of premiership football in jan we will be down that list. We will be making first contacts on players out of contract in summer within the next couple weeks 👍🏻

Cheers for the info buddy! Obviously the OF Aberdeen and tho it pains me to admit hibs have the advantage of actually being guaranteed top flight footy next season we should still be an attractive option for the lad so here’s hoping! 

Allan Campbell is a smashing player, he'd be a class signing. 

Not too keen on Chris Cadden now though. He looked like a decent prospect at Motherwell but seems to have stalled a bit. 

A sweeper and Shankland to play alongside Boyce. Sow and Skinny would give us a competitive edge in training for places anaw. 

Yes ex players, but they know what it takes to play for Hearts and have Hearts in their Heart. Just an opinion, I can change after my next coffee, so let me enjoy my American football. 

I really hope we are at least enquiring about Declan Gallagher at motherwell to try and get him on a pre contract for next season, Will probably have many suitors but you don't get if you don't try, would be a really good upgrade on berra.

We should really look at potential replacements for walker as well, The lad has had enough chances now, I know he scores goals but the boy can be an absolute passenger most games, frustrating to say the least as he has the ability.

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Not too keen on Chris Cadden now though. He looked like a decent prospect at Motherwell but seems to have stalled a bit. 

Have you seen him play much lately?

I think he'd be an excellent signing for what it's worth.

Dynamic, attacking player with his best years ahead of him.

As others have said would take the boy Campbell from motherwell too, would be great in our midfield alongside Haring. Out of contract in the summer according to transfermarket.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Have you seen him play much lately?

I think he'd be an excellent signing for what it's worth.

Dynamic, attacking player with his best years ahead of him.

His transfer to Columbus Crew has been a strange one. Was sent out on loan immediately and this year started the first 4 games and has been on the bench ever since. 

11 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Out of that list Campbell is the only one I would fight to get.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, frankblack said:

Frear, Roberts, Walker, and Moore offer nothing at all from an end product, and Ginelly has not played much due to injuries.

Need effective wide player alternatives like Ginelly who can go by players and steal a yard on their opponent.  The others don't have the pace and are forever turning back or not getting the ball into the box.

Walker I disagree with, he's decent in the middle. He scored 2 to win is the game a few weeks ago so does have a end product at times, especially compared to the rest you mention. 

I think as fans we need to see him more as a number 10 and less of a wide player imo. 

He's not a winger by any stretch and should be compared to Naismith more. He played well there earlier in the season, but he's not as good as Naismith so imo should be a replacement for him when needed and not played out wide.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker I disagree with, he's decent in the middle. He scored 2 to win is the game a few weeks ago so does have a end product at times, especially compared to the rest you mention. 

I think as fans we need to see him more as a number 10 and less of a wide player imo. 

He's not a winger by any stretch and should be compared to Naismith more. He played well there earlier in the season, but he's not as good as Naismith so imo should be a replacement for him when needed and not played out wide.

Walker is 27 now and should be in his prime but by only having one good game in ten, means he is an empty jersey most weeks.  For me, I'd rather we bring back Connor Smith in January and have him mentored and developed by Naismith as his replacement (similar to what we are doing with Gordon and Harry Stone).

Smith has far more potential and if developed properly, could be a huge asset to us.

I’d take that Aberdeen list with a large pinch of salt. They already have Ferguson and McRorie in midfield - two players that McInnes regularly creams over. Fitting Campbell and Cadden in there would be a bit of a squeeze. Is GMS an upgrade on Hayes? Would they take Stewart and Watkins. I’d be surprised if they ended up with more than one player on their apparent ‘priority list’.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Walker is 27 now and should be in his prime but by only having one good game in ten, means he is an empty jersey most weeks.  For me, I'd rather we bring back Connor Smith in January and have him mentored and developed by Naismith as his replacement (similar to what we are doing with Gordon and Harry Stone).

Smith has far more potential and if developed properly, could be a huge asset to us.

Exciting if true about Smiths potential. 

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’d take that Aberdeen list with a large pinch of salt. They already have Ferguson and McRorie in midfield - two players that McInnes regularly creams over. Fitting Campbell and Cadden in there would be a bit of a squeeze. Is GMS an upgrade on Hayes? Would they take Stewart and Watkins. I’d be surprised if they ended up with more than one player on their apparent ‘priority list’.

That poster has previous for posting gash about the sheep also.

19 minutes ago, S Form said:

There’s always a big list on here, around transfer window time, about all conquering Aberdeen. It’s always a load of cobblers as well. 

30 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Smith seems to be on the bench a lot for Arbroath recently. 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

His transfer to Columbus Crew has been a strange one. Was sent out on loan immediately and this year started the first 4 games and has been on the bench ever since. 

Had a lengthy injury absence.  Best avoided for now. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bench filler till he's gone. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

For another 2 years.

It’s not great is it. He’ll get game time and starts this season but unless something drastic happens I think next season he will just be a bench filler. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Bench filler till he's gone. 

And he'll be OK for that, score a few, help us along the way. 

Cormack is bemoaning their financial problems so I can't see Aberdeen signing many without players leaving first which will be the case for most clubs

1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

Cormack is bemoaning their financial problems so I can't see Aberdeen signing many without players leaving first which will be the case for most clubs

I can see a lot of clubs getting cash in for players and not reinvesting in their squads. 

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not great is it. He’ll get game time and starts this season but unless something drastic happens I think next season he will just be a bench filler. 

He is one of those players that has no desire or ambition and is happy to jog along in mediocrity picking us his pay cheque.

What I find infuriating about him is that from time to time he produces a performance where he looks interested but then that only happens once in a while.

He should be bursting a gut in every game and grateful that he was given a three year deal back at the club and show more appreciation and at least look interested and try his hardest.

Edited by wavydavy

48 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Irving was on the bench a lot at Falkirk 2 seasons ago. A lot of managers aren't prepared to risk young players from the start every at that level so I wouldn't rule any youngster out for being benched while on loan.

2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Interesting. 

Always liked him as a player.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Needs to grow up and buckle down fast if he is to get a chance with us. 

4 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Campbell, GMS and Callum Paterson would be great signings.

Why would CP come back. Seems a bit pie in the sky that. Would be fantastic though. 

13 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

That’s the club that are projecting a £5m loss this year? Would be very surprised if they can bring in many players at all unless they get a really silly offer for Cosgrove which in current climate is highly unlikely as all English championship clubs are struggling financially. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Fair to say he hasn’t impressed big Dick on or off the pitch. 

O'Donnell and Smith to compete for right-back, 

Dunne to replace Berra long-term,

Sibbick to replace Damour, 

Naismith and Boyce pretty light-weight upfront so Duku in on a short-term contract to add physicality upfront, and to compete with Wighton.

Be good to get some of these players on a pre-contract for next season in the Premier.

Players to lose...Frear, Roberts, Damour, Popescu, Brandon, Cochrane, (Berra), Moore, White, Zlamal. (There's 9/10 wages saved)

Players to extend contracts...Ginelly, Kingsley, Smith, Halliday, Haring (?).  (Unsure on how long his contract has to go)

A squad with Gordon in goal, defenders of Souttar (unsure on his injuries), Dunne, Halkett and another (?), fullbacks of Smith, O'Donnell, Kingsley (young back-up if possible), defensive midfielders of Haring, Halliday, Irving and Sibbick, attackers of Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, (Walker), Ginelly, Duku and/or another. 

Central defence is a must to get sorted first though. Souttar unpredictable, Berra getting on, Halkett not a natural in that position leaves Popescu which is why Dunne would be ideal. 

Whatever happens the squad needs refreshed and losing those 9/10 players would go a long way to being able to afford better.

Edited by jambonian

28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

O'Donnell and Smith to compete for right-back, 

Dunne to replace Berra long-term,

Sibbick to replace Damour, 

Naismith and Boyce pretty light-weight upfront so Duku in on a short-term contract to add physicality upfront, and to compete with Wighton.

Be good to get some of these players on a pre-contract for next season in the Premier.

Players to lose...Frear, Roberts, Damour, Popescu, Brandon, Cochrane, (Berra), Moore, White, Zlamal. (There's 9/10 wages saved)

Players to extend contracts...Ginelly, Kingsley, Smith, Halliday, Haring (?).  (Unsure on how long his contract has to go)

A squad with Gordon in goal, defenders of Souttar (unsure on his injuries), Dunne, Halkett and another (?), fullbacks of Smith, O'Donnell, Kingsley (young back-up if possible), defensive midfielders of Haring, Halliday, Irving and Sibbick, attackers of Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, (Walker), Ginelly, Duku and/or another. 

Central defence is a must to get sorted first though. Souttar unpredictable, Berra getting on, Halkett not a natural in that position leaves Popescu which is why Dunne would be ideal. 

Whatever happens the squad needs refreshed and losing those 9/10 players would go a long way to being able to afford better.

Sounds like we close the academy as well as no place in your squad for any youngsters other than Watson. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )