***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You can't be much more dominant than 3-0 up at HT.

More ruthless would be apt I reckon.

Happy to swap words and also happy with win. That second half need more something though. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

No it's not the end of discussion. The third biggest team in Scotland scraping wins in a league consisting of part time players. What's the point in coming to the Hearts discussion forum and criticising people for gee, I don't know, discussing Hearts?

Right everyone stop commenting, everything's fine apparently:cool:

I wouldn’t say 3-0 is a scrape

No it's not the end of discussion. The third biggest team in Scotland scraping wins in a league consisting of part time players. What's the point in coming to the Hearts discussion forum and criticising people for gee, I don't know, discussing Hearts?

Well said - that “win’s a win” stuff is dross.

Bazzas right boot

Scraping wins.....3-0 at HT, you on glue?

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's professional sport. Winning is all that matters as style does not win points. 

You want to be entertained, you also want to see the team play to the maximum Of capabilities with a sprinkle of brining youngsters through to develop in the future.  Winning is the optimal target of course but not everything. 

What a set of moaners on KB. Carping, criticising and slating the players. For goodness sake we won the game very comfortably .. That's not enough for the football intelligencia  on here. Give the players and management a bloody break. Life at the moment is depressing enough without the knee jerk statements from guys who quite obviously have never either played or understand football.

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

For context.....

The score last time we played Alloa in the corresponding fixture in the championship was- drum roll......3-0.

JKB is now a parody of it's self.

It actually makes for mind numbing reading. Make a point of trying to avoid JKB after a defeat, didn't ever think I'd consider avoiding it after a win.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why

Because very few ever get a consistent run in the team even in this league against a part time mob.  

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

3-0 isn’t scraping a win. They went to sleep on the second half as often happens when the game is over. Disappointing second half performance but the third biggest team in Scotland will have a better squad when we play the other bigger teams.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

We didn't scrape a win. It was a poor second half and we badly need an injection of pace, and will we get that under Neilson? Not sure. But we didn't scrape a win and we weren't passed off the pitch like someone said earlier. That's just silly.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shit happens. We’ve had players who weren’t that great at other clubs and done well with us. Boyce needs dropped though. No point in having a squad if you play out of form players. 

Having him on the bench on Saturday is probably the right thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Can’t believe that some think tonight was ok. Boyce, Roberts and Naismith should be arrested for impersonating football players. Popescu is a bomb scare about to go off at my time.

Naismith was still running about putting challenges in in the 90th minute. We have our problems but he’s the least of my worries 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Scraping wins.....3-0 at HT, you on glue?

Tonight might not have been a scrape but the second half was dire. We definitely have been scraping wins recently which is concerning.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Because very few ever get a consistent run in the team even in this league against a part time mob.  

We’ve only played a few games. Out of the top sides in Scotland how many youth prospects have made it and held down a spot in their first teams 

8 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Can’t believe that some think tonight was ok. Boyce, Roberts and Naismith should be arrested for impersonating football players. Popescu is a bomb scare about to go off at my time.

He's pushing Berra ever closer to being a regular starter

Just now, GinRummy said:

We’ve only played a few games. Out of the top sides in Scotland how many youth prospects have made it and held down a spot in their first teams 

Motherwell and St Johnstone have loads, as do Aberdeen.  Even Hibs now. They are all giving young players a real run in the sides where as we go for jobbers and bench our guys we’ve invested more money than all of they teams in youth development. 

And he’s not praying!
On 22/11/2020 at 20:12, And he’s not praying! said:

3-0.

Will hopefully shut a few arseholes up.

Or maybe not.

7 minutes ago, Georgecowie said:

Agreed. He'll come good eventually. Shown already that he has clever feet when on his game. Still about five penalties in credit after scoring in the semi. (would not be saying that if we'd dropped points tonight!) 

Exactly. Kind of hard to score goals when you see the balls he is feeding off like Roberts piss poor crossing. 
Gets one or two in open play and it will be massive weight lifted off his shoulders 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nah, Play to the 90 minutes and don't ease off the ****ers.

Saving the goals till Saturday, is my preferred option 😊

Hate to think what it would have been like on here if we hadn’t won comfortably.

Certainly seems like it’s some folks absolute mission to turn fans against certain players. 

Edited by andydog

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought he played ok in the first half but reverted to his old ways more in the second half.

Popescu looked suspect when he came on.

Never a full back that’s for sure.

Christophe was miles better than at East Fife

Edited by Jamhammer

We didn’t get up the gears in the second half admittedly, but we still controlled the game and Alloa will have some tired legs right now.

Ginelly will tear them apart on Saturday 

5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

It actually makes for mind numbing reading. Make a point of trying to avoid JKB after a defeat, didn't ever think I'd consider avoiding it after a win.

Quote of the day :lol:

Out of interest, are all the players on full.salary again or some still taking part/none of their pay?

On tonight it was underwhelming but a reasonably professional performance. Job done as far as I am concerned. Not necessarily applicable to Alloa, but I've been pretty impressed by the standard in this league so far.

been here before
18 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

People watching with their eyes closed. We pummelled them and were in no danger at any point. Good performance and just what was needed after Friday.

:rofl:

Aye 5 shots on target is a right pummelling.

Brighton Jambo
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would let him go at the end of the season anyway. 

Wins 9 games out of 10 at the start of a season including beating Hibs in semi final and you want manager out.  Laughable.  

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Motherwell and St Johnstone have loads, as do Aberdeen.  Even Hibs now. They are all giving young players a real run in the sides where as we go for jobbers and bench our guys we’ve invested more money than all of they teams in youth development. 

Motherwell do seem to bring plenty through. Name the players from Hibs and Aberdeen’s youth system who hold down a first team slot. Also, you said attracting young players might be a problem. Identifying the right ones might be difficult but if it’s between us and Motherwell or st Johnstone any decent player of any age is signing for us. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We are not a top side though, we are a team in the 2nd Tier with a number of new signings plucked seemingly at random while our academy players hit the glass ceiling every time. 

1 minute ago, andydog said:

Hate to think what it would have been like on here if we hadn’t won comfortably.

Certainly seems like it’s some folks absolutely mission to turn fans against certain players. 

That would make more sense if we were actually attending games. Maybe too thick to realise that

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Wins 9 games out of 10 at the start of a season including beating Hibs in semi final and you want manager out.  Laughable.  

Just my opinion.

Not going to bash Robbie or the team after that. Aye, never played well at all and won 3-0. In all honestly though that is what SHOULD happen every time even when we don’t play well. We should be that far ahead everyone else. 

And somehow your man Popescu managed to play for 25 mins and give the worst individual performance of the season. Some going that. I said after the first couple of games we got sold a dud and got rounded on. Man I hate being right all the time 😂

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Killinman said:

What a set of moaners on KB. Carping, criticising and slating the players. For goodness sake we won the game very comfortably .. That's not enough for the football intelligencia  on here. Give the players and management a bloody break. Life at the moment is depressing enough without the knee jerk statements from guys who quite obviously have never either played or understand football.

Well said

August Landmesser

A 3-0 win, on to the next one. Second half was disappointing but tbh i couldnt give a **** about entertainment this season, just want to be out of this division asap. Results like that are how we do it.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

We are not a top side though, we are a team in the 2nd Tier with a number of new signings plucked seemingly at random while our academy players hit the glass ceiling every time. 

As do academy players from most top ‘clubs’ with unerring regularity. 

I know my stream was freezing but I thought we won 3-0 ?
1 defeat in 10 after the shit we endured the last couple of seasons , I’ll settle for that at the minute . 
It might not be pretty but some of the individual criticism of players is a bit OTT but I appreciate others will have differing views 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Tonight might not have been a scrape but the second half was dire. We definitely have been scraping wins recently which is concerning.

So Why not say something like- " it was good to have a game wrapped up by ht today as opposed to scraping wins like we have been?"

If we never scraped by today, what are you on about?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk actually greeting after a 3-0 win? Get a ****ing grip ...

Was just about to say the same. Unless we win 6 nil every game it will be like this.

11 minutes ago, Killinman said:

😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Couldn't agree more

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So he never scored a winner v rangers and knocked hibs out the sc sf by scoring a PK?

How's that shite?

You're the one talking shite, again. Stick to windaes.

Are you for real? He has missed sitters in virtually every game he has played this season! 
He missed a sitter against Hibs and scored a penalty - great - how about his penalties tonight!

On about “windaes” again - is that all you’ve got?

Maybe I should pull you up on the shite you have posted on your time - the highlights being wanting Hibs to win the cup, or slagging anybody criticising Levein when he was a disaster - absolute classics from a guy who can’t even count the number of games to play! 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

We've been unconvincing performance wise but we have in the main got the results and tonight we got back on track after a terrible performance v Dunfermline. 

How we perform in the big matches in the future will be the real test.

I think we're more than capable of raising our game and playing at a higher tempo v a better standard of opposition when we know that space and time will be limited. 

It's still early days. 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Are you for real? He has missed sitters in virtually every game he has played this season! 
He missed a sitter against Hibs and scored a penalty - great - how about his penalties tonight!

On about “windaes” again - is that all you’ve got?

Maybe I should pull you up on the shite you have posted on your time - the highlights being wanting Hibs to win the cup, or slagging anybody criticising Levein when he was a disaster - absolute classics from a guy who can’t even count the number of games to play! 😂😂😂

Boyce’s heads up his arse. Bring him off the bench for a few weeks and let him prove himself that way. 

• davemclaren locked this topic