***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You just were comparing to Boyce to Sammon and Sutton....

As for the rest, the usual unrelated pish looking for arguments.

Are you denying that you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whoa easy tiger let’s not exaggerate, they’ve had about two good teams since the 70s who’ve played good football. Putting up with shite performances is very much a Hibs thing though. 

Two good Hibs teams!! We were dire in the 70’s which flattered Hibs. 

14 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Highlights - Roberts had his best game, Walker when he roams can cause trouble, Haring was immense, Smith was his usual 8/10 until he went off, White brings energy when he comes on

Lowlights - Berra looked atrocious, Popescu shouldn’t have been asked to play right back, Boyce needs a rest

Roberts still too wasteful, too frequent poor touch, and seems to bottle challenges.  He hit a pearler of a cross, smashed a good looking shot which was blocked but also some woeful stuff crooses.  Don't think he reads the game well.

Berra never hoofed the ball once in the first half and was VERY accurate with his passing.  If anyone was hoofing it, it was Kingsley. Not in a million years was he "atrocious."

The rest I agree with.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Two good Hibs teams!! We were dire in the 70’s which flattered Hibs. 

I barely remember it to be honest, were Turnbulls tornadoes weren’t any good? 
Two good teams with Steve Archibald and then Mowbray who were better than the championship team that won the cup. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly Hibs have always played wonderful football but we nearly always beat them. 

But if players cannot relax, express themselves and entertain a bit when they have a 3 goal cushion, then when can they? Our players don't seem to realise that there are fans watching the football, rather than just checking in on the score on the BBC website...

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You just were comparing to Boyce to Sammon and Sutton....

As for the rest, the usual unrelated pish looking for arguments.

Oh the feckin irony! 😂

25 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Highlights - Roberts had his best game, Walker when he roams can cause trouble, Haring was immense, Smith was his usual 8/10 until he went off, White brings energy when he comes on

Lowlights - Berra looked atrocious, Popescu shouldn’t have been asked to play right back, Boyce needs a rest

Bit harsh on Berra.

Kept it simple and won a fair few headers.

Better than that bomb scare Popescu, he weakened the back line so much when he came on.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well the team is making missing live football a little less hard to bear I suppose 😉

59 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Man U 3 0 up at half time same as us and still still 3 0 with 70mins played. A wee bit of context. 

Are they playing a part time bottom of the league team? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Bit harsh on Berra.

Kept it simple and won a fair few headers.

Better than that bomb scare Popescu, he weakened the back line so much when he came on.

I thought Berra did ok tonight apart from one brain fast pass back.

Would have liked to have seen some younger lads come on second half, I'm sure they would have put in some extra oomph to try and get into the team

I thought we played well for most of the first half. 

The second half was a disappointment and I can't understand why they didn't go for the jugular and get a few more goals. Alloa were offering nothing and I had to laugh at the commentators praising Alloa for passing the ball amongst themselves and going round in circles. They were there to keep the score down and nothing else. 

That's not to say they couldn't put us out the LC on Saturday. They are an entirely different side at home on that glorified rug that they call a pitch. 

Robbie will be pragmatic with his selection and there will be fringe players involved. Might be a good thing if players are out to impress. 

There is too much sideways and back passing in this team, it looks like they lack commitment at times. 

They seem to do as much as they need to and no more. 

I just love KB it’s like a soap 😂

Just now, BigAlim said:

Would have liked to have seen some younger lads come on second half, I'm sure they would have put in some extra oomph to try and get into the team

Me to

20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Are you denying that you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup?

He wants to forget that one! 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Thomaso

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Haring gives the team much more balance. Looks like he might have some bruising on his foot but hopefully not too bad or anything worse. 

Stand by........out for 6 months! 🙈

48 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Agree with all of this except for Berra.  I thought he looked more comfortable tonight, kept it simple and won his battles. Once again, however, Halkett looked slow on the ball and indecisive.  

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You old pessimist you 🥴

and going by our luck with injuries who can blame me! 🙈

Well done Robbie! 3 points, 3 nil. I'm happy clapping tonight.

Although the bonus ball was Berra playing and improving - the seethers will be gnashing teeth at that one.

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whoa easy tiger let’s not exaggerate, they’ve had about two good teams since the 70s who’ve played good football. Putting up with shite performances is very much a Hibs thing though. 

😆😆😆😆😆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Ex member of the SaS

Good first half and a good win putting us near the top, but I have been saying since the semi, we have to up our game if we are to do anything against Celtic.

I think Celtic will feel the league slipping away and will need the silver ware to salve the hoards, so in that case we really do need to an over all improvement.

Can’t complain with a 3-0 win and felt we played well after the second goal until half time.

Second half had no intensity. I would bring in White and Wighton for Roberts and Boyce on Saturday. Brandon for Smith if he’s injured, popescu should never play right back again. 

Also midfield looks a lot more balanced with haring and Halliday. Helps that Haring is always giving an option for a pass which pulls players out of position and creates space.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Good first half and a good win putting us near the top, but I have been saying since the semi, we have to up our game if we are to do anything against Celtic.

I think Celtic will feel the league slipping away and will need the silver ware to salve the hoards, so in that case we really do need to an over all improvement.

Only players I'm worried about for the final are halkett and whatever poor sod plays next to him

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Obviously when it comes to the semi I will want to win. But until 20th December only the league matters.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Obviously when it comes to the semi I will want to win. But until 20th December only the league matters.

Correct. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No fans no atmosphere regular and repetitive tests,games on top of games. Probably no life other than football. 

Though far from the worst, all things relative,  their job has never been so monotonous. Quite a few used to something far more challenging. 

These are human beings, they need to be cut some slack.

Game was won in 35 minutes, who gives a shit after that. 

This season is a box ticking exercise 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No fans no atmosphere regular and repetitive tests,games on top of games. Probably no life other than football. 

Though far from the worst, all things relative,  their job has never been so monotonous. Quite a few used to something far more challenging. 

By far the most reasonable thing I've read on here all night

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Spot on, we have time to get a bit of form and sort out our best 11 going into that game. 

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Except of course I meant to say final!

Correct, except when you were incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Thought Berra was absolutely fine tonight. 

If that was Roberts best game I would hate to see his worst. 

Him and Frear are just dreadful signings who are simply nowhere near good enough 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would you not want to be scoring a wonder goal or set up one with a worldy pass to cheer yourself up? 
Their play is monotonous, spicing it up a bit might help us all at this time. The team don’t appear to be enjoying themselves, like they did against Dundee.
As you say they’re human and maybe a few drinks on the bus back down from Alloa might be a wee treat for them. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Would you not want to be scoring a wonder goal or set up one with a worldy pass to cheer yourself up? 
Their play is monotonous, spicing it up a bit might help us all at this time. The team don’t appear to be enjoying themselves, like they did against Dundee.
As you say they’re human and maybe a few drinks on the bus back down from Alloa might be a wee treat for them. 

They should take the boat. More drinking time. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Thought Berra was absolutely fine tonight. 

If that was Roberts best game I would hate to see his worst. 

Him and Frear are just dreadful signings who are simply nowhere near good enough 

Berra was fine, not really tested and looked a bit awkward trying to pass it into midfield and only launched it once. Not sure if he should play on Saturday on that awful pitch though. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

They should take the boat. More drinking time. 

No restrictions on boats either, by Jove,  I think we’ve nailed it old chap 😎😜

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This is a very strange season for all clubs, not just ours. For players, who are used to having the adrenaline highs of fans cheering them on, to be at an empty ground, in pretty crap conditions, it’s probably not that easy. Rather like a band playing to an empty theatre, it can’t seem real.
Other than Hearts matches, I can hardly watch a live game these days. It’s usually very flat without fans.

I am happy that we got the win and don’t want to be critical of the players,  who won easily, although they need to find some way of finding self motivation in the absence of fans.

I’m not really bothered about the perception of poor performance. This team was assembled to do one job and one job only. Get us back into the top league. We’re not bothered about anything else IMO and if they take the second half off when the job is done in the first half, to me that’s not even worth worrying about. 

Longer term of course we’ll need to be a better more dangerous and clinical team than we are now or we’ll be in the same place next season as we were last season. That’s going to take signings. A fair few of the current team won’t feature next season because they’re not good enough for a level above this

Has this team got a really decent performance in it ? Well we’ve seen it twice so far this season against Dundee and against Hibs. The only other decent performance we’ll need this season is on 20th December. This league will be won by Hearts by a distance. It won’t necessarily be pretty   Because we’re not a pretty team and we’re not in a pretty league. We’re in a league where every game just about will be a grind. We can worry about watching slick effective dangerous football next season. Your unlikely to see it much from the current team. 

3-0 is job done in anyone’s book. Next please.

Edited by JimmyCant

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He has a point in a way. I don't know how many times I've seen Hearts (over 50+years) be 3-0 up at halftime and do the square root of zero in the second half but it's been a few.  Having said that people are much more concerned about the performance in the 2nd half than not racking up a cricket score. 

Majority of Burley games...

When looking at the game as a whole, I actually thought we played fairly well.  Tucked Alloa away by half time, then just dropped into 2nd gear and kept them at arms length for the rest for the game. 

While we didn't do much in the second half, Alloa did nothing in the second half, where as they bothered us a fair bit till we got the second goal in the first half.

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

When looking at the game as a whole, I actually thought we played fairly well.  Tucked Alloa away by half time, then just dropped into 2nd gear and kept them at arms length for the rest for the game. 

I think we all recognise this. We know this team can move down a gear.  What is concerning is whether we have the ability to move up a gear when necessary?...So far we managed to for part of the second half against Hibs but then failed to do so against Dunfermline. Every game that is being played just now is with one eye on the Cup Final...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think we all recognise this. We know this team can move down a gear.  What is concerning is whether we have the ability to move up a gear when necessary?...So far we managed to for part of the second half against Hibs but then failed to do so against Dunfermline. Every game that is being played just now is with one eye on the Cup Final...

We stepped up a gear against Hibs when they equalised. 

We also stepped up a gear against Dundee when they tried to get back into the game. 

Personally I don’t think games against the likes of Alloa and Dunfermline have any relevance on the Cup Final. The difference in challenge of playing Celtic in a Cup Final, compared to playing Championship teams in run of the mill league matches is just too different. 

As long as we are winning the league games I am happy enough with that on the whole. 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

And its now 3-1.

Finished 4-1

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sometimes the boot just needs put down so that you know what’s under the bonnet. We’ll not compete with Celtic in the gears we are playing in at the moment. There needs to be a big improvement in performance, for confidence going into the cup final if nothing else.

18Jambo_dave74

A comfortable win but a pretty flat performance.

Great to see Haring back in the side and chuffed for him to get a goal. Much better from Halliday tonight - his goal is exactly what we’ve been missing (having players run beyond the striker).

This squad will win us the league but in truth I’m already looking forward to the squad overhaul next summer. Recruitment has been a big problem over the last few years but we really need to nail it ahead of next season - there’s a lot of players required and we will really need to up the quality.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Sometimes the boot just needs put down so that you know what’s under the bonnet. We’ll not compete with Celtic in the gears we are playing in at the moment. There needs to be a big improvement in performance, for confidence going into the cup final if nothing else.

The football world will be gobsmacked if we beat Celtic. Winning breeds confidence so that’s what we need to focus on. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Indeed, we have a quality striker who is misfiring and low on confidence. We should be busting a gut to create as many chances for him to get going as possible...Fannying about doesn't achieve anything other than perhaps avoid injuries

2 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Was just about to say the same. Unless we win 6 nil every game it will be like this.

Eh no. 1-0 wins away to the likes Ayr, Raith, Dundee, will do nicely thank you.

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I hope your last sentence is wrong otherwise we might be in serious trouble. 

• davemclaren locked this topic