***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

People watching with their eyes closed. We pummelled them and were in no danger at any point. Good performance and just what was needed after Friday.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

8 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

Although Popescu can be a decent centre half at times, you can help but feel he is just a moment away from a catastrophic mistake. It is always lurking there in the background. He was really found out tonight at right back.

Completely agree - thought that from the start.   Championship player and we need to improve CB's for next season.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good result.

Positives

Early goal made it easy, could have had more first half.

The 3 goals were well worked.

Haring, Berra , Halliday more minutes.

Gordon never made 1 save.

Negatives

2nd half was flat

Boyce missing a pk, his head is minced, plenty good work and good positions but his finishing has left him.

Jonstone looks overall poor, the basics defeat him far too often and he looks lost of the ball.

Smith went of with a niggle.....

Who’s Jonstone?

Just now, merrymac said:

Sorry cant agree about Roberts looks disinterested never tries to take his man on, knocks it back or crosses round him.

White was a breath of fresh air , enthusiastic and trying to make things happen

Night and day

White did more in the first minute he was on than what Roberts did in his hour. 

Malinga the Swinga

This place is shocking. People looking for things to criticise, problems behind scenes ( that don't exist), players every touch being slated and the usual anti Neilson stuff coming out. 

Personally speaking, I will take a 1-0 win every game and if it upsets sad sacks on here, so much the better. 

Just now, baxterd1974 said:

People watching with their eyes closed. We pummelled them and were in no danger at any point. Good performance and just what was needed after Friday.

Many saves did their keeper make in this pummelling?😂😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No youngsters again tonight, no real energy going forward. 

I genuinely fear attracting young players in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sammon scored plenty for Killie - shite at Hearts!

Sutton scored plenty for Motherwell - shite at Hearts!

Boyce.......

Well, what science have you used there? I mean, I don't know what you want me to say.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Roberts was ok.

White looks like he might be getting back to his best.

Lee was excellent when he came on.

Haring, just a great player. 

Stopped reading at “Robert’s was ok”

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

This place is shocking. People looking for things to criticise, problems behind scenes ( that don't exist), players every touch being slated and the usual anti Neilson stuff coming out. 

Personally speaking, I will take a 1-0 win every game and if it upsets sad sacks on here, so much the better. 

With the money being spent and being the third biggest club in Scotland winning one nil every week in this shit tip league simply isn’t good enough.  Win in style, develop for the future.  It’s not too much to ask. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Aye wanting your team to be the best they can be is shocking right enough

1 minute ago, baxterd1974 said:

While I agree that we were worthy winners, folk want to see a hungrier, faster and more dominant team and they’re right to expect that b

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

White did more in the first minute he was on than what Roberts did in his hour. 

Thank god its no just me totally agree

4 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Does nobody else think we are missing the crowd.They would have got absolute pelters for that 2nd half performance.Too easy to play like that when nobody is on your back.

I think that’s s factor. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Who’s Jonstone?

Dunno. I meant Roberts **** knows where that came from.:vrface:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, baxterd1974 said:

It’s ****ing Alloa, a bunch of plumbers and painters who probably had to ask to get away from work early to for a 7pm ko who passed us off the park and pressed really well. We should’ve went for the jugular but once again eased off. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Well, what science have you used there? I mean, I don't know what you want me to say.

What I’m saying is Boyce could well turn out to be a shite signing just like Sammon and Sutton.

4 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Does nobody else think we are missing the crowd.They would have got absolute pelters for that 2nd half performance.Too easy to play like that when nobody is on your back.

Just said this to my daughter, for as bad as tonight’s game was, it’s 10x the game at a full Tynecastle 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Things to work on might be putting it mildly but I had 2-0 and turgid against a team sitting in.  Based on having g watched last Friday.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

With the money being spent and being the third biggest club in Scotland winning one nil every week in this shit tip league simply isn’t good enough.  Win in style, develop for the future.  It’s not too much to ask. 

It's professional sport. Winning is all that matters as style does not win points. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I think that’s s factor. 

Doesn’t the crowd get blamed at times for shite performances? 

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

With our budget, Budge should lay it on the line. Either win the Championship at a canter or you are out.

I would let him go at the end of the season anyway. 

jambos are go!
11 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Best thing to say about today is we were clinical. Other than the retaken penalty I can’t remember their keeper having a save to make.

Some of our players seem to be missing a spark, Walker in particular seems to want to play within himself and Boyce and Naismith’s form is a concern.

Naismith was MOTM IMO. A quality footballer.

Bazzas right boot

For context.....

The score last time we played Alloa in the corresponding fixture in the championship was- drum roll......3-0.

JKB is now a parody of it's self.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What I’m saying is Boyce could well turn out to be a shite signing just like Sammon and Sutton.

You'll be hoping, eh?

He scored a winner v Rangers and knocked hibs out of a sc sf so your wee plan is ****ed with that one already.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Aye wanting your team to be the best they can be is shocking right enough

Three points, end of discussion. 

On particular individuals but I think it has a role in pushing teams on. 

I know it's controversial but I would persist with Boyce, I suspect he is one of those strikers who is streaky and he will score and kick on. Naismith and Walker in the same team just doesn't work though and on current form Naismith shouldn't actually be playing anywhere. I would play Wighton and some of our youngsters on Saturday, fringe players deserve to be given the chance to put real pressure on underperforming first team regulars. Delightful to see Haring get the 90 though and it was great to see him get involved in a hard challenge second half and not look fazed. 

Aye he could. It's possible. But I could sit and name strikers who have done okay for us. Waste of time

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A wins a win but a really disappointing 2nd half from Hearts.

They need to be told that the 2nd half performance was lazy and unacceptable.

Same old loser mentality that's afflicted us for years but has been amplified in the Budge era. 

3-0 up at half time v part time shite - the old firm go on to get 5 or 6 with no letup.

Hearts - well thats enough, let's just take the 2nd half off. Sort of thing that separates the good sides for the pish ones.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

You'll be hoping, eh?

He scored a winner v Rangers and knocked hibs out of a sc sf so your wee plan is ****ed with that one already.

Don’t talk shite - how you worked out how many games are left?? 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Boyce is playing shite but he's definitely better than what he has shown so far. 

6 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

That second half was in no way good. 

Can’t believe that some think tonight was ok. Boyce, Roberts and Naismith should be arrested for impersonating football players. Popescu is a bomb scare about to go off at my time.

That's all very well for certain Championship games. When we come up against better teams in the League Cup and Scottish Cup we may be found out. I's one thing containing a 3-0 win and another in sloppy, slow predictable play. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

While I agree that we were worthy winners, folk want to see a hungrier, faster and more dominant team and they’re right to expect that b

You can't be much more dominant than 3-0 up at HT.

More ruthless would be apt I reckon.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Cruyff said:

Boyce is playing shite but he's definitely better than what he has shown so far. 

Well he needs to show it soon!

39 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Boyce just doesn’t look happy at the moment. 

Agreed. He'll come good eventually. Shown already that he has clever feet when on his game. Still about five penalties in credit after scoring in the semi. (would not be saying that if we'd dropped points tonight!) 

Three points, end of discussion. 

No it's not the end of discussion. The third biggest team in Scotland scraping wins in a league consisting of part time players. What's the point in coming to the Hearts discussion forum and criticising people for gee, I don't know, discussing Hearts?

Right everyone stop commenting, everything's fine apparently:cool:

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No youngsters again tonight, no real energy going forward. 

Was thinking the same, sometimes our players seem to pass the ball and admire it instead of getting themselves into space and open up the game. It’s pretty basic stuff really!

Bazzas right boot

Don’t talk shite - how you worked out how many games are left?? 😂😂😂😂

So he never scored a winner v rangers and knocked hibs out the sc sf by scoring a PK?

How's that shite?

You're the one talking shite, again. Stick to windaes.

That was the patter over the last couple of years - players being intimidated by terrible fans.

You'd think being 3-0 up would take the pressure off and the guys would get a bit of a confidence boost to keep going but all we get is the same 2nd half as last week.  No doubt we'll grind out the wins required but this team is pretty dire (not saying there  wasn't some good individual performances tonight). 

If the usual suspects are happy watching this guff - good for them. But no way will this lot be good enough to keep us in the top league. Some truly mediocre players on show tonight. 

• davemclaren locked this topic