***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

oh right that makes him missing sitters in every game alright then! 

Never said that and never said he'll be like this long term

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

Job done first half against a piss poor side. 2nd half was pretty garbage. We should have slayed them good and proper by 5 or 6.

Another 3 points.  The slip up on Friday is disappointing but I'm positive Dunfermline will drop points and we'll be back on top soon enough.  Onwards and upwards.

Fitzroy Pointon

Three points but not at all convinced that we're not going to struggle at times against the "bigger" teams in the league this season. We've already been dispatched by one. 

Alloa are bottom for a reason. 

well done put game to bed early.disappointing not to score in 2nd half but no goals and big miss from Boyce again and Roberts well 🤦‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

It's been awful for a year and a half now. Cuts up something bad for a so called Hybrid pitch. 

Looked belting on the documentary. 

Blame it on Flush Freddie and his gang myself 

Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Theirs something not right with us, all the players look p*ssed off and its showing in some really bad performances. No idea whats wrong with us just now

Makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Looked extremely flat in the second half.

Yes a win is a win, 3 nice goals, clean sheet......but jeez we are going to have to improve massively!

Piss poor second half. 

Absolutely no pace in the team without Ginnelly. 

So slow and predictable going sideways and back the way. 

Still not great, but at least it was comfortable. Dundee game aside is more than can be said for most of the games this season. Still it's a win...onwards

Happy Clappers happy 

Pant Wetters plenty to moan about

Robbie has united the support 😀

3 points

Clean dheet

Bake off final now

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

We are great at passing backwards. Might win a few awards for it.

Unfortunately, if you watch other football, its all the rage just now to try and bore the other team into submission!!!!

We can say it’s 3-0, who cares about the second half etc etc, well I think we all care. 

The way we have played in this second half is all wrong. It is the wrong tempo, the wrong formation, it is just wrong. Accepting passing it along the half way line with no intent is unforgivable.  Then we wonder in a harder game why we can’t get anything going or create anything. 

Really nothing from that game that filled me with any confidence. There is something just not right about this lot.  

And my picture foxes itself just at the full time whistle. You’ve got to laugh. 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

People coming out with "8 wins out of 9". Big wowee. We're playing garbage like arbroath, east fife and cowdenbeath and sneaking 1 goal wins! 

Hibs, too, mind

Comfortable, really.

Disappointed we didn't make more of an effort in the second half.

Haring was decent.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just seen a cardboard cut oot fall asleep there.

😁  I hope that's your line.  

Not acceptable from players and Robbie having that clown come on at right back.... Jesus wept.    How about giving some of the young guys a chance if we’re going to piss about and not go for it.   Get the feckin finger out ....

Delighted to get the three points and clean sheet. Second half a damp squib but the game was already over. Boyce needs benched. Wighton has looked absolutely miles better than him. Sends out a poor message to the rest of the squad if Boyce retains his place.  

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

We can say it’s 3-0, who cares about the second half etc etc, well I think we all care. 

The way we have played in this second half is all wrong. It is the wrong tempo, the wrong formation, it is just wrong. Accepting passing it along the half way line with no intent is unforgivable.  Then we wonder in a harder game why we can’t get anything going or create anything. 

Really nothing from that game that filled me with any confidence. There is something just not right about this lot.  

And my picture foxes itself just at the full time whistle. You’ve got to laugh. 

You don’t appear to be laughing.

It’s a game we had to win and we won it, by some distance. So job done. I am worried at how many of our players seem to be off form, or just poor, though. We played far better the last time we were in this division.

fabienleclerq

We won 3 nil but I thought we were sloppy throughout, poor first touches and passing at times. 

Boyce needs a seat, build up play is good but his finishing is woeful. We still need a decent winger. 

Pitch looks terrible for having spent a million on and my stream cuts out 3/4 times a game which is piss poor! 

When you look at that second half against semi professional players, it makes you wonder if some of ours are lucky to be full time. 3 points but overall a bit pish.

Points the important thing I suppose.

Francis Albert

First half ended with a frozen picture and the second has done the same. Highlights coming up so first chance to see the first goal! Yep three good goals! And that is about it as far as the game goes.

Although Popescu can be a decent centre half at times, you can help but feel he is just a moment away from a catastrophic mistake. It is always lurking there in the background. He was really found out tonight at right back.

Breaking h1b5

Think I would have been in the Tynie arms early 2nd half. That is not entertaining to watch and it's  been like this for most matches. Didn't want Robbie back and my fears of yet another bad Budge appointment could be on the cards. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Never said that and never said he'll be like this long term

What were you trying to say? Telling us every team would take him is pretty irrelevant to the fact that Boyce is missing sitter after sitter!

ToadKiller Dog

Going into training mode from the start of the 2nd half is poor ,wouldn't have got away with that if fans were in the stands. 

The win was pretty comfy to be fair .

2nd half wasn't great but the game was won, no point risking injuries when 3 up. Boyce penalty was dog shit. Clean sheet and 3 points, job done.

Pasquale for King

No unexpected poor second half. 
Pitch looks awful, patchy and brown in places. Goal mouths churning up. 
The standard of crossing is awful, only just ahead of the passing. 
This is what we have to look forward to all season.

Best thing to say about today is we were clinical. Other than the retaken penalty I can’t remember their keeper having a save to make.

Some of our players seem to be missing a spark, Walker in particular seems to want to play within himself and Boyce and Naismith’s form is a concern.

3 points is the important thing but seriously that fecker Roberts must have photos of Robbie!!!

he is atrocious!! Popescu 2nd touch is a tackle and walker is a shitebag!! 
I could go on but hopefully our manager finds his best 11 and soon 

Bazzas right boot

Good result.

Positives

Early goal made it easy, could have had more first half.

The 3 goals were well worked.

Haring, Berra , Halliday more minutes.

Gordon never made 1 save.

Negatives

2nd half was flat

Boyce missing a pk, his head is minced, plenty good work and good positions but his finishing has left him.

Jonstone looks overall poor, the basics defeat him far too often and he looks lost of the ball.

Smith went of with a niggle.....

6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It's been awful for a year and a half now. Cuts up something bad for a so called Hybrid pitch. 

Pissing the rain and they’re still pumping water on to it before the game! 🤷‍♂️

Thought Aidy White looked ok in a wide left position.

Added pace and at least tried to take his man on

Better opshun than the invisible Roberts

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

To be fair to Halkett he looks to have lost a bit of weight this season :whistling:

Just tried to type passing again and it went to padding 😆

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pissing the rain and they’re still pumping water on to it before the game! 🤷‍♂️

couldn’t believe this either! Bloody hell

• davemclaren locked this topic