***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Apologies for starting this while we're still digesting last night's 'performance'. But I think we need to talk.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes. Hearts really do need to send out a wake-up call to some who think they will be first picks.

Berra for Popescu.  Berra has his weaknesses but Popescu needs to take stock.

Irving for Halliday, because he's a better player.

Henderson for Frear, we need to give Henderson a proper chance.

Whiting as striker for Boyce, until Boyce starts to realise that this league is not beneath him.

Naismith, think he must start without Boyce, because together they get billy big-baws syndrome.

Haring to start at all costs, and just keep our fingers crossed.

Moore on the bench along with Walker. just so that Walker realises what his true level is.

Ginnelly to start, or we need to know if he's not just an expensive liability.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

Gordon

Smith

Halkett 

Berra

Kingsley 

Ginnelly 

Harring 

Lee

Robert's

Boyce 

Wighton 

I'd be happy with that team.

Naismith to come off the bench if needed.

Henderson and Moore on bench also.

Alloa are a stuffy team to play against and come away with some big wins against the bigger teams in the league (beat United last season)

Must win for me as my Bro is a Alloa fan 😬

WheatfieldWarrior
12 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for starting this while we're still digesting last night's 'performance'. But I think we need to talk.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes. Hearts really do need to send out a wake-up call to some who think they will be first picks.

Whiting as striker for Boyce, until Boyce starts to realise that this league is not beneath him.

Naismith, think he must start without Boyce, because together they get billy big-baws syndrome.

Moore on the bench along with Walker. just so that Walker realises what his true level is.

Irving in for Lee for me - we need his creativity to break down teams.

Start wighton up top with Boyce behind.  Naismith on the bench.

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm assuming you mean Wighton? 

How does he get a free pass after his performance last night. What did he do that was worthy of retaining a starting place? 

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

How does he get a free pass after his performance last night. What did he do that was worthy of retaining a starting place? 

Aye, must have come up on autocorrect. It's still early.

25 minutes ago, iainmac said:

What did he do that was worthy of retaining a starting place? 

That sentence could be for anyone in the team/squad tbf. Smith/Gordon/Kingsley aside. 

A sorry state of affairs in this league.

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

7 minutes ago, S Form said:

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

Exactly. Can't believe anyone wants to see Berra anywhere near the first team again. The fact he was on the bench yesterday was terrifying enough.

Drop: Lee, Halliday, Naismith (shocking display from a captain last night), Frear. 

In: Irving, Haring, Ginnely and Roberts. 

No thanks to Berra and Walker. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Drop: Lee, Halliday, Naismith (shocking display from a captain last night), Frear. 

Roberts is hopeless & heartless. 

Kidd’s Boots

Haring for Halliday Ginnelly for Frear and Irving for Naismith would be my only changes. Gives us better 442 433 and 4231 options imo

Just now, Kidd’s Boots said:

Haring for Halliday Ginnelly for Frear and Irving for Naismith would be my only changes. Gives us better 442 433 and 4231 options imo

Ginnelly still a doubt unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Do you have any good news Dave?

Yes, he won a tenner on a scratch card 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Popescu for ....a lamp post. Just as productive imo 

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes, he won a tenner on a scratch card 

Popescu for ....a lamp post. Just as productive imo 

I've heard that as of Tuesday I can get a massage, tattoo and a pint all in the same day, as long as it's before 8pm. That's the kind of thing I was hoping for....

Would like to see McGill get a shot, think the young lads add a lot of energy which is the missing component in the senior squad. Would honestly rather see Moore over Frear or Roberts as well. 

Gordon

Halkett Haring Kingsley

Smith     Lee     Irving     White

Ginnelly Wighton Henderson          

The only team I could pick and drop Popescu, Naisy, Frear, Roberts and Boyce

___________Gordon

Logan__Smith__Berra__Kingsley

___McGill__Haring__Irving

_Moore__Wighton__White

send a message to underperforming players from last night

23 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Would like to see McGill get a shot, think the young lads add a lot of energy which is the missing component in the senior squad. Would honestly rather see Moore over Frear or Roberts as well. 

Against East Fife, the game passed him by unfortunately

Must win game! They're bottom of the table ,we are at home there are no excuses for anything other than a Hearts win.

5 hours ago, iainmac said:

Well to start with he isn't a winger which is where he is being played. The support know that, Wighton knows that and RN knows that, so why play him there when we also have Moore and Henderson fit.

Ex member of the SaS

Whilst I am sure we will win the league ( assuming it's played to an end ) we do need to wake up and stop thinking we will walk it. Teams will be desperate to beat us and we need the players to realise this. 

This SHOULD be an easy three points but if the mid and forwards don't make forward moves and moves into space, for the likes of Smith to make a pass, we will once again pussy foot around with sideways and back passes. We need players in the box when the ball comes in. 

Stendle had us pressing the opposition in their own half stopping them from playing, this is how Dunfy played us for long periods and it causes us problems. Stop thinking we are entitled to win and we will.

Come you lot show us you have the skill and ability you claim to have and start making a mark on this league.

12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Whilst I am sure we will win the league ( assuming it's played to an end ) we do need to wake up and stop thinking we will walk it. Teams will be desperate to beat us and we need the players to realise this. 

This SHOULD be an easy three points but if the mid and forwards don't make forward moves and moves into space, for the likes of Smith to make a pass, we will once again pussy foot around with sideways and back passes. We need players in the box when the ball comes in. 

Stendle had us pressing the opposition in their own half stopping them from playing, this is how Dunfy played us for long periods and it causes us problems. Stop thinking we are entitled to win and we will.

Come you lot show us you have the skill and ability you claim to have and start making a mark on this league.

I wish I could be so confident about the league, though we  should remember that all the other sides at the top will lose games to each other too. Yesterday was poor but it was against one of the best teams in the league away from home. Now, Tuesday is a different matter; if we don't win and win well against the bottom team in the league then that is a very different matter.

6 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Exactly. Can't believe anyone wants to see Berra anywhere near the first team again. The fact he was on the bench yesterday was terrifying enough.

I know he is not the player he was but he is good in the air in his own box and thats what we seem to need just now.

I think it will be another struggle. The style of play seems to be play safe. We can't match up for pace or energy as we have none. You can only really get away with one or two in the team with a lack of pace, we have half a dozen.

8 games into season and we don't know the followings best position

Halliday

Lee

Naismith

Walker 

Roberts

Wighton

White

We have Gordon, Smith, Kingsley as most fans certain starters, for Neilson add in Hackett, Boyce as starters.

We don't even have a settled formation either. 4-5-1, 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, anyones guess.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

8 games into season and we don't know the followings best position

Halliday

Lee

Naismith - Cleaning boots 

Walker 

Roberts

Wighton

White

We have Gordon, Smith, Kingsley as most fans certain starters, for Neilson add in Hackett, Boyce as starters.

We don't even have a settled formation either. 4-5-1, 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, anyones guess.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Was he not very good for Dundee in the championship? 

Are you basing your opinion on him about a  year ago the last time he was playing for us in the top league? 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

We've no chance obviously, might as well not bother.

Dunfermline have the league won. 

Thier all out attacking, pressing, flair football means we're all playing for second, no way back for anyone. 

They'll actually win 28 games from 27, I think they are that good. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Lee Haring

Ginnelly Walker Moore

Boyce

Bench: Stewart, Popescu, Brandon, Irving, Naismith, White, Wighton.

If Ginnelly cant start then White in and Moore in the right.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Roberts will never challenge let alone win any 50/50. Same with Wighton. Irving hasn’t done much this season with regards to consistency. Not sure Ginnely is anything special. Any word on why Haring wasn’t in the squad? Frear has absolutely no confidence to beat a full back. Naismith was dire last night. Halliday I’m not sure what he’s supposed to be doing. Not sure he does either. Boyce is not a poacher. Walker lost the ball more than he won it. Halkett thinks he’s Beckenbaur. He couldn’t pass wind. Popescu thinks he’s above our level. We have no player in midfield who you believe something good could be just about to happen when he gets the ball. We’ve pretty much made every opponent this season look good. What has Adams done since the first league game?

Teams will press against us from now on in unless we kick on Tuesday and score a bunch. The longer a game goes and we don’t score the more confident opponents will get. It’s time for teams to worry about us more than us worrying about them.

People calling for Berra to come in is just mind blowing. 

I agree with Wighton up top and Boyce In behind. 

Will we manage to go just one game without changing formation? 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunfermline have the league won. 

Thier all out attacking, pressing, flair football means we're all playing for second, no way back for anyone. 

They'll actually win 28 games from 27, I think they are that good. 

Folk are trying to have a serious conversation here. 

You seem to think it's all a big joke 😒

9 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Roberts will never challenge let alone win any 50/50. Same with Wighton. Irving hasn’t done much this season with regards to consistency. Not sure Ginnely is anything special. Any word on why Haring wasn’t in the squad? Frear has absolutely no confidence to beat a full back. Naismith was dire last night. Halliday I’m not sure what he’s supposed to be doing. Not sure he does either. Boyce is not a poacher. Walker lost the ball more than he won it. Halkett thinks he’s Beckenbaur. He couldn’t pass wind. Popescu thinks he’s above our level. We have no player in midfield who you believe something good could be just about to happen when he gets the ball. We’ve pretty much made every opponent this season look good. What has Adams done since the first league game?

Teams will press against us from now on in unless we kick on Tuesday and score a bunch. The longer a game goes and we don’t score the more confident opponents will get. It’s time for teams to worry about us more than us worrying about them.

Haring had a ‘bit of a hamstring issue’. Expected to play on Tuesday. 

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was he not very good for Dundee in the championship? 

Are you basing your opinion on him about a  year ago the last time he was playing for us in the top league? 

I'm basing it on a year of that and seeing him play against East Fife.  Dundee fans thinking he was good for them for half a dozen games last season doesn't really fill me with confidence - they also think Jordan Foster's decent.

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

I know he is not the player he was but he is good in the air in his own box and thats what we seem to need just now.

Any ball that makes him turn, or requires him to touch it with his feet is a recipe for putting us in trouble, imo. Which is a shame, because he's been a great servant for the club, but sadly also true.

Problem is some people getting carried away ! We signed in the majority a bunch of championship level players who are proving to be just that , combined with quite a few of the championship level dross we had in the squad , that apparently became world beaters , arise Lee , Wighton etc Robbie would have offloaded them unfortunately we had no takers .

I do think we will win the league , but the squad needs a major overhaul for next season.  Thought Dunfermline were lucky to win the game, on another night we would have won it, two headers of the bar, Boyce heading it softly into the keepers arms, Naismith trying to lay the ball of when clean through on goals 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, gedster said:

Against East Fife, the game passed him by unfortunately

That might’ve had something do with Christophe” I just got married 😢” Berra the alleged PHM hoofing the ****ing ball over his head all night . . . possibly. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That might’ve had something do with Christophe” I just got married 😢” Berra the alleged PHM hoofing the ****ing ball over his head all night . . . possibly. 

This is very true....

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***
  • davemclaren locked this topic