***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Good win and good first half performance. 
second half very poor. Way too many basic errors. 
Possibly the worst sub performance ever from Popescu who gets worse every game I see him. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

been here before
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Man U 3 0 up at half time same as us and still still 3 0 with 70mins played. A wee bit of context. 

Are Man U playing Alloa?

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've been unconvincing performance wise but we have in the main got the results and tonight we got back on track after a terrible performance v Dunfermline. 

How we perform in the big matches in the future will be the real test.

I think we're more than capable of raising our game and playing at a higher tempo v a better standard of opposition when we know that space and time will be limited. 

It's still early days. 

Someone stole your phone? I agree!! 😄

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So Why not say something like- " it was good to have a game wrapped up by ht today as opposed to scraping wins like we have been?"

If we never scraped by today, what are you on about?

Read the post.

Some of this is just hilarious. Great performance in first half and game was won a third of the way in, managed to take it easy and stroll the 2nd half without ever looking in danger. Gordon got to do a wordsearch.

My only criticism would be our subs (minus Popescu if Smith carrying a niggle) that was perfect op to throw on Henderson and McGill. Although it is fun watching the angry pigeon run about daft 😆

To be honest, with a few exceptions, the folk overreacting are the people criticising the “moaners”. 

Are people not allowed to express mild disappointment at a flat second half against a part time team who have come straight from the day job?

Imo tonight was fine, job done if a little underwhelming, but just stay off the forum if you can’t entertain the idea of opposing views

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Good win and good first half performance. 
second half very poor. Way too many basic errors. 
Possibly the worst sub performance ever from Popescu who gets worse every game I see him. 

He’s shaky at centre half but a bombscare at Right Back. Berra must be quite happy we signed him. 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Are Man U playing Alloa?

The team they're playing are a very poor CL team. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've been unconvincing performance wise but we have in the main got the results and tonight we got back on track after a terrible performance v Dunfermline. 

How we perform in the big matches in the future will be the real test.

I think we're more than capable of raising our game and playing at a higher tempo v a better standard of opposition when we know that space and time will be limited. 

It's still early days. 

I'm not as worried about bigger games because the players seem to all turn up. I worry the smaller games will screw us in the long run if they can't find the motivation to actually attack and have shots on target. True, it is early days but it's something I'd like to have seen dealt with by now.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s having as bad a game as Roberts here!!!

Wants to move forwards but always harks back 😜

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I genuinely fear attracting young players in the future. 

It might well be a problem. 

Malinga the Swinga
26 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's all very well for certain Championship games. When we come up against better teams in the League Cup and Scottish Cup we may be found out. I's one thing containing a 3-0 win and another in sloppy, slow predictable play. 

Yeah, we got caught out in Scottish Cup semi final only winning in extra time. 

47 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We can say it’s 3-0, who cares about the second half etc etc, well I think we all care. 

The way we have played in this second half is all wrong. It is the wrong tempo, the wrong formation, it is just wrong. Accepting passing it along the half way line with no intent is unforgivable.  Then we wonder in a harder game why we can’t get anything going or create anything. 

Really nothing from that game that filled me with any confidence. There is something just not right about this lot.  

And my picture foxes itself just at the full time whistle. You’ve got to laugh. 

This is what worries me. People always say "Football is a results industry"; "A win is a win" etc but how you play is also important. It's the reason Mourinho is only really popular with fans of clubs he's managed. 

If we stroll every match once we get ahead then by the time we come up against Celtic, score a goal, start sitting in and they get a dodgy penalty to equalise, we won't be able to lift ourselves to go again. We've seen this before in the last cup final...

Edited by Spellczech

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm not as worried about bigger games because the players seem to all turn up. I worry the smaller games will screw us in the long run if they can't find the motivation to actually attack and have shots on target. True, it is early days but it's something I'd like to have seen dealt with by now.

The Dunfermline game was a big match. 

Just now, been here before said:

And its now 3-1.

Part of my point. Man U should be out sight so better teams in better leagues don't always perform as expected.

Just now, Spellczech said:

This is what worries me. People always say "Football is a results industry"; "A win is a win" etc but how you play is also important. It's the reason Mourinho is only really popular with fans of clubs he's managed. 

If we stroll every second match once we get ahead then by the time we come up against Celtic, score a goal, start sitting in and they get a dodgy penalty to equalise, we won't be able to lift ourselves to go again. We've seen this before in the last cup final...

100%. However prepare to be lambasted for daring to have any criticism.

Weakened Offender
24 minutes ago, Killinman said:

What a set of moaners on KB. Carping, criticising and slating the players. For goodness sake we won the game very comfortably .. That's not enough for the football intelligencia  on here. Give the players and management a bloody break. Life at the moment is depressing enough without the knee jerk statements from guys who quite obviously have never either played or understand football.

You should go on Facebook and see some of the comments. It's embarrassing, we really do have some entitled wankstains amongst our support. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Reminds me of a heated argument a while back with someone arguing that league games early in the season were not as important as games later on. 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

You should go on Facebook and see some of the comments. It's embarrassing, we really do have some entitled wankstains amongst our support. 

Language tut tut 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I get the feeling that they have the mindset of 'any game Vs a championship team isn't a big match' in all honesty.

Malinga the Swinga
26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You want to be entertained, you also want to see the team play to the maximum Of capabilities with a sprinkle of brining youngsters through to develop in the future.  Winning is the optimal target of course but not everything. 

In professional sport, winning is the only target. If you don't have that attitude, then you will fail. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That was the patter over the last couple of years - players being intimidated by terrible fans.

You'd think being 3-0 up would take the pressure off and the guys would get a bit of a confidence boost to keep going but all we get is the same 2nd half as last week.  No doubt we'll grind out the wins required but this team is pretty dire (not saying there  wasn't some good individual performances tonight). 

If the usual suspects are happy watching this guff - good for them. But no way will this lot be good enough to keep us in the top league. Some truly mediocre players on show tonight. 

Big changes required over the next few windows, starting in January to be honest. A bit of wheeling and dealing is required to get some out and someone with a bit of a spark. 

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I get the feeling that they have the mindset of 'any game Vs a championship team isn't a big match' in all honesty.

I agree. They don’t look motivated at times.  

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They were up for the Dundee game. They will get another manager the sack if he can’t get them up for games, or get rid of them before they do. 

7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

100%. However prepare to be lambasted for daring to have any criticism.

Fake warning!

Its the other way round on here.

Spellczech is spot on and that 2nd half was absolutely dire on many levels.  Only positive we kept a clean sheet although we had a damned good try at messing that up.

Edited by colinmaroon

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If we stroll every match once we get ahead then by the time we come up against Celtic, score a goal, start sitting in and they get a dodgy penalty to equalise, we won't be able to lift ourselves to go again. We've seen this before in the last cup final..

FFS, its not a popularity contest. How you play is secondary to winning. Always has been and always will be. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Fake warning!

Its the other way round on here.

Spellchecker is spot on and that 2nd half was absolutely dire on many levels.  Only positive we kept a clean sheet although we had a damned good try at messing that up.

Popescu probably had the best chance on our goal tbh🤣

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Are you for real? He has missed sitters in virtually every game he has played this season! 
He missed a sitter against Hibs and scored a penalty - great - how about his penalties tonight!

On about “windaes” again - is that all you’ve got?

Maybe I should pull you up on the shite you have posted on your time - the highlights being wanting Hibs to win the cup, or slagging anybody criticising Levein when he was a disaster - absolute classics from a guy who can’t even count the number of games to play! 😂😂😂

You just were comparing to Boyce to Sammon and Sutton....

As for the rest, the usual unrelated pish looking for arguments.

Just now, Sertse said:

Popescu probably had the best chance on our goal tbh🤣

Don't you just love spellchecker!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

first half was good second have was pants still think our football isnt great to watch not many great passing passages of play but I will take 3-0 win every day come on the jam tarts :rifle:

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Big changes required over the next few windows, starting in January to be honest. A bit of wheeling and dealing is required to get some out and someone with a bit of a spark. 

We have known that for months now. Team to get promoted, strengthen if possible in jan the clear the decks in summer. Lucky if more than half a dozen of those involved tonight will play regularly next season. Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Haring, Boyce, and maybe Halliday and Walker. That’s about it. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Are Man U playing Alloa?

He has a point in a way. I don't know how many times I've seen Hearts (over 50+years) be 3-0 up at halftime and do the square root of zero in the second half but it's been a few.  Having said that people are much more concerned about the performance in the 2nd half than not racking up a cricket score. 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

FFS, its not a popularity contest. How you play is secondary to winning. Always has been and always will be. 

Exactly Hibs have always played wonderful football but we nearly always beat them. 

I won't moan too much. We are a better team with Haring in the team.

Players who don't perform have to be dropped or what's the point. Boyce shouldn't be starting ahead of Wighton on Saturday, Roberts shouldnt be starting ever again. 

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He is very low on confidence but you don't score as many goals as he has in his career if you are a bad player.

He will come good. 

Hopefully soon.

I agree Jono. 

He'll get there. 

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I won't moan too much. We are a better team with Haring in the team.

Players who don't perform have to be dropped or what's the point. Boyce shouldn't be starting ahead of Wighton on Saturday, Roberts shouldnt be starting ever again. 

Haring gives the team much more balance. Looks like he might have some bruising on his foot but hopefully not too bad or anything worse. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Highlights - Roberts had his best game, Walker when he roams can cause trouble, Haring was immense, Smith was his usual 8/10 until he went off, White brings energy when he comes on

Lowlights - Berra looked atrocious, Popescu shouldn’t have been asked to play right back, Boyce needs a rest

Probably a pish thought....probably get shot down in flames but did we take the foot off the gas with Saturday in mind?

Really shouldn’t have to play mind games either against a team like Alloa but who knows.

On a different note I'd like to see Aidy White start on Saturday, thought he looked more effective than Frear and Roberts have looked recently 

Edited by BigAlim

No one is unhappy with Hearts winning 3-0. The fact that we won with Berra and Roberts giving away possession or passing it to the oppossition is some achievement. We obviously took the opportunity to try for some award for the worst control of a football during 90 minutes. The style of our slow build up and lack of tempo would have had fans leaving early - if they were allowed in.

One of the reasons we are so far behind the old firm is weak mentality. rangers or celtic never give the oppossition an inch, and go for the jugular at every opportunity. Neither would they gloat about winning 8 out of 9 games when most of the games were against part time Electricians and Joiners.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, baxterd1974 said:

People watching with their eyes closed. We pummelled them and were in no danger at any point. Good performance and just what was needed after Friday.

We didn't pummel them by any stretch. First half we were good apart from a ten minute spell, second was shite. If we were playing a better team we would've struggled. 

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

For context.....

The score last time we played Alloa in the corresponding fixture in the championship was- drum roll......3-0.

JKB is now a parody of it's self.

Are folk complaining about the score or the performance? It's possible to be critical of the performance while being happy at the score ffs. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We have known that for months now. Team to get promoted, strengthen if possible in jan the clear the decks in summer. Lucky if more than half a dozen of those involved tonight will play regularly next season. Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Haring, Boyce, and maybe Halliday and Walker. That’s about it. 

Can’t agree about Halkett or Walker, both look to have found their level. 
Clearing the decks might not be that easy with guys like Roberts/Damour/Popescu not good enough and a few youngsters he doesn’t seem to rate at this level never mind the top league. 

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

No one is unhappy with Hearts winning 3-0. The fact that we won with Berra and Roberts giving away possession or passing it to the oppossition is some achievement. We obviously took the opportunity to try for some award for the worst control of a football during 90 minutes. The style of our slow build up and lack of tempo would have had fans leaving early - if they were allowed in.

One of the reasons we are so far behind the old firm is weak mentality. rangers or celtic never give the oppossition an inch, and go for the jugular at every opportunity. Neither would they gloat about winning 8 out of 9 games when most of the games were against part time Electricians and Joiners.

Bingo. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Encapsulated it perfectly 👍🏽

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Still seems to be a lack of standards in the squad. Happy to mill along and do the minimum. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly Hibs have always played wonderful football but we nearly always beat them. 

Whoa easy tiger let’s not exaggerate, they’ve had about two good teams since the 70s who’ve played good football. Putting up with shite performances is very much a Hibs thing though. 

• davemclaren locked this topic