• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

5 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Probably just me but I can’t seem to cast this from my phone. Normally a wee symbol in the top right you use isn’t there☹️

I opened the website with chrome and when I started the normal cast symbol was there. Occasionally when I find it isn't there, switching the TV off and on again makes the phone find the chromecast.

35 minutes ago, graygo said:

Might not just be you but reading this thread, plenty are able to watch on their TV, me included.

emailed the club who said if I could download Google Chrome this might help but not guaranteed...absolute joke
as far as today's coverage goes, also shit since missed the 2nd goal buggering about with tv and cables, no replays!
half time banter about everything except the 1st half and no highlights of first half
Poor Hearts, poor.  Can only hope it gets better going forward and I can suss out how to get it to work on my tv.  Not really looking fwd to a season watching games on a laptop screen!

1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

emailed the club who said if I could download Google Chrome this might help but not guaranteed...absolute joke
as far as today's coverage goes, also shit since missed the 2nd goal buggering about with tv and cables, no replays!
half time banter about everything except the 1st half and no highlights of first half
Poor Hearts, poor.  Can only hope it gets better going forward and I can suss out how to get it to work on my tv.  Not really looking fwd to a season watching games on a laptop screen!

It's covids fault not hearts.

After The Watershed
50 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

is it just me or is there some kind of weird firewall blocking access to Hearts TV on your SmartTV and blocking HDMI cable form laptop to tv?

Not gonna be happy watching games on my ****in laptop!

No issues for me. I opened up the internet app on the TV, signed in and have watched the game with no issues. I've a Panasonic. 

For others looking for a cast option on the phone are you able to screen mirror your phone to the TV instead? 

21 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

It was a test event, this was explained pre-match by Hearts. Only one camera but multiple cameras will be in place in future. The club advised everyone to log on yesterday so that any issues could be sorted in plenty time.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Tott said:

cheers..worked after a few attempts..

Not easy with a remote control 🙂

i know lol its a bit of a night mare it might just be me :rifle:

Very satisfied with the coverage today. Just watched it on my phone as was out with family and the picture quality was so good I might not bother to use the laptop for future games (although might change my mind on that).

Once other cameras are added the package should be really good. Would prefer to be at the game but a decent replacement.

Stream didn't cut out or glitch. Just not the best frame rate.

Hopefully the pro cameras they are installing/paying to be manned won't be hindered by the stream bandwidth. It should really match the likes of YouTube at a minimum of 720p at 60fps.

2 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I guess League Cup games won’t be on the Season Ticket?

Our two are on Premier Sport, not sure if non subscribers can buy on a PPV.

Stream was good, the cameraman however needs to give himself a shake, zooming into the benches when the ball was in play was a bit nippy. 

I thought the cameraman did a good enough job considering there was only one camera the entire game so they had to cover everything. Maybe a bit too much zooming in when the ball was over by the Wheatfield side, at times couldn't see enough of the position of the players.

Nothing beats being in my own seat though. Really hope it's this season.

Congratulations to Hearts for getting a really good stream on air. Once the other cameras are in operation it will be excellent. I  enjoyed the commentary,  especially Jimmy Sandison, some funny comments.

28 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Congratulations to Hearts for getting a really good stream on air. Once the other cameras are in operation it will be excellent. I  enjoyed the commentary,  especially Jimmy Sandison, some funny comments.

Agree about the commentary. It probably isn't to everyone's taste but I enjoyed the MOTD2 irreverent style

56 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Stream was good, the cameraman however needs to give himself a shake, zooming into the benches when the ball was in play was a bit nippy. 

Agreed.  Must have thought he was filming a feature film. zack snyder style. :)

Stream worked fine for me.

Was it delayed a bit though?

Going by my watch it was a couple of minutes after 3 but the referee seemed to be waiting until bang on 3 to get under way.

Also my mate saw the 2nd goal alert coming up on Twitter before it actually happened on the stream. Is this likely to be the case for future games in which case I'll know to avoid Twitter :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Going by my watch it was a couple of minutes after 3 but the referee seemed to be waiting until bang on 3 to get under way.

Also my mate saw the 2nd goal alert coming up on Twitter before it actually happened on the stream. Is this likely to be the case for future games in which case I'll know to avoid Twitter :lol: 

That’s something not unique to hearts.

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

What I call the BBC Alba Syndrome.  

37 minutes ago, Boof said:

Depended on what you were streaming to. 

On 25/09/2020 at 17:33, Boof said:

I wonder if PPV could be made available for a delayed stream - ideally (for the viewers) delayed by something minimal like 2 seconds?

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Sounds like the club really do listen to the fans, and go that extra mile.

:look:

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Sounds like the club really do listen to the fans, and go that extra mile.

:look:

:lol:

I wanted the de luxe, ST holder, non-delayed version :lol: 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Boof said:

I found it impressive (?)  that the replays seemed to be shown so quickly.

Also, listening to the audio on computer and a laptop at the same time and one was well ahead of the other.

Personally, the quality of stream was great and I enjoyed the commentary too.

I  wasn't expecting replays so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

Well done.

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

What I call the BBC Alba Syndrome.  

12 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

They maybe didn't have a full team on duty, and with only one camera it would be difficult. The zoom incident only happened once I think.

Franksluckypants

On the laptop with hdmi to the TV. Only had sound on the TV so 'Windows' and 'P' button sorted it.

Stream in the first half was fine. Occasionally running in slow mo in the second half was a bit annoying, but at least we got to watch it.

18 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Maybe his 1st game, rookie.😏.

3 hours ago, Franksluckypants said:

On the laptop with hdmi to the TV. Only had sound on the TV so 'Windows' and 'P' button sorted it.

Stream in the first half was fine. Occasionally running in slow mo in the second half was a bit annoying, but at least we got to watch it.

Yip.  You were just expecting one of those times that the ball would end up in the net while he was scratching his erse.

8 hours ago, Drumelzier said:

Personally, the quality of stream was great and I enjoyed the commentary too.

I  wasn't expecting replays so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

Well done.

I ended up watching on a tablet with a crappy pub WiFi.   It was still Ok, and given this was the inferior one camera broadcast, it was pretty good.  

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe his 1st game, rookie.😏.

Yeah may well have been. It was just early on first half tbh. The rest of the game was fine. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Treated it like a normal preseason friendly at Tynecastle.....ignored it.

First time to see us live in over 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Can see them at Riccarton easily enough

You cannae be bothered with a pre season friendly but you're happy to pop along to watch the lads running around cones at training?

Weird.

Matches, who mentioned training, a friendly on tele is not appealing unless nothing else available, will prob not bother with a lot of the league games either, if only 7000 tuned in it would suggest quite a few thousand others also never bothered.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Can see them at Riccarton easily enough

Ehh? 

You can't be bothered ( or ignore) tuning in for the first time in over half a year, but you'll go across and watch them at training? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Matches, who mentioned training, a friendly on tele is not appealing unless nothing else available, will prob not bother with a lot of the league games either, if only 7000 tuned in it would suggest quite a few thousand others also never bothered.

Plenty had other things to do- no doubt, but they aren't on here making it a thing and it's not the same as ignoring it. 

Strange poster sometimes.