All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

8 hours ago, Franksluckypants said:

On the laptop with hdmi to the TV. Only had sound on the TV so 'Windows' and 'P' button sorted it.

Sorry, being a dullard here

What does this mean?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

I couldn't login, said my credentials weren't recognised.  Contacted Hearts TV with my ST details, they came back to say I wasn't on their list and told me to contact the ticket office.  I did so, and they told me they would  would contact Hearts TV to set me up asap.  Then got another email from Hearts TV saying I was on their list as a child ST holder.  That's tantamount to accusing me of Hobo behaviour 😡

I actually bought 2 adult and one child ST, and while I don't know what the process for relaying information to Hearts TV was, I'd have expected they'd see my customer reference appear 3 times, 2 with adult STs and one with a child ST.  Otherwise, it would seem to me that anyone who bought a combination of adult and child STs could end up in the same situation as me.

I went back to both the ticket office and Hearts TV, copying both on the others emails, but still haven't heard back.  I wasn't overly concerned about missing a friendly, albeit I was entitled to watch it, but hope they get this sorted out before the season starts in anger.

22 hours ago, Boof said:

Stream worked fine for me.

Was it delayed a bit though?

Going by my watch it was a couple of minutes after 3 but the referee seemed to be waiting until bang on 3 to get under way.

Also my mate saw the 2nd goal alert coming up on Twitter before it actually happened on the stream. Is this likely to be the case for future games in which case I'll know to avoid Twitter :lol: 

It's graded by season ticket. Premium holders see it first, then Platinum, Gold and so on :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What does this mean?

He pressed the windows button on his laptop while also holding down the 'P' button, which gives the option to project the laptop display to another device, in this case, his telly.

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Matches, who mentioned training, a friendly on tele is not appealing unless nothing else available, will prob not bother with a lot of the league games either, if only 7000 tuned in it would suggest quite a few thousand others also never bothered.

I think that 7,000 views out of 11,500 season ticket holders is pretty good, and much more than there would have been if it was a walk up on the day. There will in cases have been 3 or 4 watching the same screen pushing the 7,000 figure higher, but on the flip side there will be some who were unable to tune in for technical reasons and of course not all season ticket holders, in particular in the more mature age groups, will have access to the internet. I know this will irritate some of those on here who are happy with the arrangement and are somewhat contemptuous of any opposite views, but for the sake of being boring again I hope that in the next few days Hearts will accept that live screening may not be a practical solution for all and that they will announce how they propose to deal with this. 

As a season ticket holder who was otherwise engaged yesterday, can I ask a question? Where I live superfast broadband is not available.  My speed is low, typically about 5.6Mbps and using my laptop to watch live football on Sky, for example, is unreliable with poor picture quality and buffering. How did others with typically low download speeds get on yesterday? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I couldn't login, said my credentials weren't recognised.  Contacted Hearts TV with my ST details, they came back to say I wasn't on their list and told me to contact the ticket office.  I did so, and they told me they would  would contact Hearts TV to set me up asap.  Then got another email from Hearts TV saying I was on their list as a child ST holder.  That's tantamount to accusing me of Hobo behaviour 😡

I actually bought 2 adult and one child ST, and while I don't know what the process for relaying information to Hearts TV was, I'd have expected they'd see my customer reference appear 3 times, 2 with adult STs and one with a child ST.  Otherwise, it would seem to me that anyone who bought a combination of adult and child STs could end up in the same situation as me.

I went back to both the ticket office and Hearts TV, copying both on the others emails, but still haven't heard back.  I wasn't overly concerned about missing a friendly, albeit I was entitled to watch it, but hope they get this sorted out before the season starts in anger.

Can't comment on the list. But you having an U16 season ticket in your name disqualified you for getting access. It wasn't totally clear but they said U16s weren't getting access.

This was my situation (2 adults and U13) and they explained it to me eventually after I pressed them. They also gave me a temporary log in. They said they will sort this issue. 

2 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I think that 7,000 views out of 11,500 season ticket holders is pretty good, and much more than there would have been if it was a walk up on the day. There will in cases have been 3 or 4 watching the same screen pushing the 7,000 figure higher, but on the flip side there will be some who were unable to tune in for technical reasons and of course not all season ticket holders, in particular in the more mature age groups, will have access to the internet. I know this will irritate some of those on here who are happy with the arrangement and are somewhat contemptuous of any opposite views, but for the sake of being boring again I hope that in the next few days Hearts will accept that live screening may not be a practical solution for all and that they will announce how they propose to deal with this. 

As a season ticket holder who was otherwise engaged yesterday, can I ask a question? Where I live superfast broadband is not available.  My speed is low, typically about 5.6Mbps and using my laptop to watch live football on Sky, for example, is unreliable with poor picture quality and buffering. How did others with typically low download speeds get on yesterday? Thanks.

remember not all 11500 season ticket holders were given access to it e.g.if they are under 16

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ehh? 

You can't be bothered ( or ignore) tuning in for the first time in over half a year, but you'll go across and watch them at training? 

That's me, if EOS starts will probably watch that on a Saturday afternoon rather than watch Hearts v Alloa for example on box.

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

remember not all 11500 season ticket holders were given access to it e.g.if they are under 16

Yeah, so probably more like 7,000 out of 9,000 which is a good start and will allow them to focus on sorting access for those with issues.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

That's me, if EOS starts will probably watch that on a Saturday afternoon rather than watch Hearts v Alloa for example on box.

Why you posting on here then? 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't comment on the list. But you having an U16 season ticket in your name disqualified you for getting access. It wasn't totally clear but they said U16s weren't getting access.

This was my situation (2 adults and U13) and they explained it to me eventually after I pressed them. They also gave me a temporary log in. They said they will sort this issue. 

Thanks for that, but seems bizarre.  If I had just bought one adult ST for myself I could stream the games, and any U16s in my household could watch them with me, but if I buy a U16 ST as well as my adult ST, then none of us can watch the games.  I've been back to them to explain the situation, nbut given what you've told me, I'll chase them up again during the week if I don't hear back.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

He pressed the windows button on his laptop while also holding down the 'P' button, which gives the option to project the laptop display to another device, in this case, his telly.

👍i must try this

8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Thanks for that, but seems bizarre.  If I had just bought one adult ST for myself I could stream the games, and any U16s in my household could watch them with me, but if I buy a U16 ST as well as my adult ST, then none of us can watch the games.  I've been back to them to explain the situation, nbut given what you've told me, I'll chase them up again during the week if I don't hear back.

In the email I got they said "We'll update and resolve the issue with your account next week to ensure you can log in properly for the season start". 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In the email I got they said "We'll update and resolve the issue with your account next week to ensure you can log in properly for the season start". 

OK, hopefully they'll do the same with me, I'll await a response.  

What’s the next match we get to watch? Surely not going to leave it until the 17th October  vs Dundee, are the League Cup games being shown?

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Out of curiosity, (and just tell me to go away if it's a personal reason) why are the U16 tickets in your name?

My kids have season tickets which I paid for but they are in the their own names so I was fine to watch the Partick games without any issue.

I'm not for a second thinking you've done anything wrong but I'm surprised that everyone isn't required to have one in the name of the ticket holder for a variety of reasons eg so can trace person responsible if behave inappropriately, assign loyalty points etc.

15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

They maybe didn't have a full team on duty, and with only one camera it would be difficult. The zoom incident only happened once I think.

In that case they do not suffer from the woeful shot management of BBC Alba.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What’s the next match we get to watch? Surely not going to leave it until the 17th October  vs Dundee, are the League Cup games being shown?

Premier Sports has the contract to broadcast Betfred Cup games, so I’m guessing clubs won’t be able to show them. Our game against Inverness is on Premier.

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

In that case they do not suffer from the woeful shot management of BBC Alba.

Do you remember the Scotsport coverage when they had only one hand held camera, a Kodak instamatic I believe.

38 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Do you remember the Scotsport coverage when they had only one hand held camera, a Kodak instamatic I believe.

Listen, I remember when the Evening News was on a wax tablet!

The days when scribes were scribblers.

Franksluckypants
12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

What does this mean?

As Robnox said...not really that IT savvy myself tbh! There should be a button on your computer that has a 'windows' icon. Press and hold it at the same time as press 'P'. The options then come up at the side of your computer screen to cast the picture to your TV.

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why you posting on here then? 

Sfa to do with you bet I have been to a lot more games than you in my lifetime that's for sure, watch your cheek.

Franksluckypants

Btw if we're a typical example, the '7,000 watching' doesn't mean much (there will be a lot more watching than that) as there were us 3 season ticket holders watching on a single season ticket stream!

Edited by Franksluckypants
Correction

10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Our home league cup group games have both been selected for live TV coverage by Premier Sports so won't be available from Hearts. Streaming rights for our away games in the league cup will be held by the home if streaming is allowed (which I assume it is but haven't seen confirmed) so won't be streamed by Hearts. So quite likely the next game streamed by Hearts is on the 17th against Dundee, but even that game might be picked up by BBC for live coverage. Gives Hearts plenty of time to fit the new cameras.

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Out of curiosity, (and just tell me to go away if it's a personal reason) why are the U16 tickets in your name?

My kids have season tickets which I paid for but they are in the their own names so I was fine to watch the Partick games without any issue.

I'm not for a second thinking you've done anything wrong but I'm surprised that everyone isn't required to have one in the name of the ticket holder for a variety of reasons eg so can trace person responsible if behave inappropriately, assign loyalty points etc.

Quite a few folks bought STs in their names and donated them to schools. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Sfa to do with you bet I have been to a lot more games than you in my lifetime that's for sure, watch your cheek.

It is sfa to do with me if you engage with me on a public forum. 

Publicly states that he ignores Hearts games on a Hearts forum but would watch them train. So no to a friendly and although ignores games, has the effort to post on here about ignoring the games. 

I'm also going to say no about the Hearts games, not that it matters tho. 

Maybe you just want the attention or engagement, that is fine but at least engage the grey matter before posting. 

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Our home league cup group games have both been selected for live TV coverage by Premier Sports so won't be available from Hearts. Streaming rights for our away games in the league cup will be held by the home if streaming is allowed (which I assume it is but haven't seen confirmed) so won't be streamed by Hearts. So quite likely the next game streamed by Hearts is on the 17th against Dundee, but even that game might be picked up by BBC for live coverage. Gives Hearts plenty of time to fit the new cameras.

I’m expecting the Dundee game to be Friday night on BBC. 

3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Quite a few folks bought STs in their names and donated them to schools. 

Well done to all who have done that. Great gesture.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is sfa to do with me if you engage with me on a public forum. 

Publicly states that he ignores Hearts games on a Hearts forum but would watch them train. So no to a friendly and although ignores games, has the effort to post on here about ignoring the games. 

I'm also going to say no about the Hearts games, not that it matters tho. 

Maybe you just want the attention or engagement, that is fine but at least engage the grey matter before posting. 

Your on ignore, should have been ages ago. 

Edited by Lfhearts

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Won't bother with Premier Sports as 99% of the time they are basically an ersecheek channel. 

No danger of paying any of the other shitehawks for a live stream either. 

If we play any of our allies away from home  and they stream it then that's a different kettle of fish.

Many club chairmen are shitting bricks and it serves them right. 

£9.99 for October and you get both Hearts BetFred Cup home games.

And as well as 2 weeks of Pro14 Rugby.

Absolute steal for a 1 month only subscription.

;)

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Your on ignore, should have been ages ago. 

Oh naw, I'll miss your insightful posts and opinions on all things Hearts. 

17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

;)

:sadrobbo:

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Oh naw, I'll miss your insightful posts and opinions on all things Hearts. 

You will still be able to see his posts. Just he won’t see yours. 

45 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

;)

Aye that’s quite decent. Essentially £5 a game, a fraction of the cost Budge is charging. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, TheOak88 said:

You will still be able to see his posts. Just he won’t see yours. 

Correct. 

Has anyone had a response with regards households with two or more st yet? Sorry if it's been covered somewhere just seems to have gone all quiet.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

At least it can only be 2 home games shown on BBC. Hopefully no-one starts frothing at the mouth over this

The remaining Tynecastle match selection will be trophy day.

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

At least it can only be 2 home games shown on BBC. Hopefully no-one starts frothing at the mouth over this

As long as that game doesn't count as 1 ST game off your 14 games ;)

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The remaining Tynecastle match selection will be trophy day.

Shame its going to be nigh on impossible to have it wrapped up by time time we play Dundee or Ayr in March

Hagar the Horrible

First 2 league games on the BBC Friday confirmed, so how many will we be able to watch without streaming, nearly all away games I bet

wattie exploited

question what is the difference between  

Premium Season Tickets  and Platinum  ? apart from the price is this seating for the new stand ?   just wondering as I havent heard of this before :rifle:

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

question what is the difference between  

Premium Season Tickets  and Platinum  ? apart from the price is this seating for the new stand ?   just wondering as I havent heard of this before :rifle:

Premium is a section in main stand on the half way line with extra legroom  etc. Even more fancy than Platinum. I'm sure someone will be long to tell you what else you get with it.