All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Fairly certain I've seen folk streaming club tv streams elsewhere, so that should hopefully shut down the volume of sales these shitehouse clubs are expecting. 

Certainly won't be giving them a penny. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Hungry hippo
3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not sure about elsewhere, but not in Scotland they aren't. The agreement for clubs to stream Premiership games explicitly excluded games being shown live by Sky. If you check out St Johnston TV you'll find that while they are advertising the game against Celtic today it is live audio only in the UK.

I've previously posted a link to the announcement that clubs were going to be able to stream league cup games which again was clear that this excluded the games selected for TV. I haven't been able to find the announcement about Championship games being streamed but would be amazed if the same didn't apply to that.

Unclear whether Hearts had thought about games on the BBC when they posted details of streamed games and the 'carry forward' of credits into next year. They said that 4 games would carry forward. That would suggest that games on BBC would count towards season tickets, but given how poor the club's communication has been around this, who can tell what they really mean.

You're maybe right. In that case I expect more people complaining about the season ticket guarantee.

Dagger Is Back
15 hours ago, RobNox said:

No problem DiB, I fully intend to continue to support your initiative going forward, despite the disappointment that has occurred this season.

I was among a very large number on here who said they would forego any discounts on next season's ST for only having 14 home games rather than 18.  Now that it has become apparent that the guaranteed 18 home games doesn't mean attending home games at Tynecastle, but rather means watching them in your own home, I've changed my stance.  I'll be taking whatever discount I get next season and will also continue to suspend my FoH contributions until I feel I've recompensed myself.  

What bothers me most is that the tickets I donated to your very worthy cause might end up being worthless, and not just my donation, but the 20+ ST donations you've had from others.  I would really hope that when you contact the club they will come up with a very fair solution, possibly carrying these tickets forward into next season.  

i hear you RN. It’s a difficult situation for the club and the fans but I do think their communication was poor and misleading

I emailed the club yesterday and we’ll see what their response is

lost in space

Is the ICT game tomorrow night on Hearts tv (in UK) as part of the season ticket deal?

I know it is on Prem Sports but would rather watch on Hearts Pass.  I have gone onto "Hearts Pass" expecting a countdown or mention of the game but nothing there. Also looked at a couple of the other threads but not mentioned.

thanks

53 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Is the ICT game tomorrow night on Hearts tv (in UK) as part of the season ticket deal?

I know it is on Prem Sports but would rather watch on Hearts Pass.  I have gone onto "Hearts Pass" expecting a countdown or mention of the game but nothing there. Also looked at a couple of the other threads but not mentioned.

thanks

No. Hearts have no rights to broadcast it as Premier Sports own them. 

For anyone signing up to Premier Sports, chuck in promo code FOOTBALL1 and you'll get the first month for a quid!

On 04/10/2020 at 12:24, Saint Jambo said:

Not sure about elsewhere, but not in Scotland they aren't. The agreement for clubs to stream Premiership games explicitly excluded games being shown live by Sky. If you check out St Johnston TV you'll find that while they are advertising the game against Celtic today it is live audio only in the UK.

I've previously posted a link to the announcement that clubs were going to be able to stream league cup games which again was clear that this excluded the games selected for TV. I haven't been able to find the announcement about Championship games being streamed but would be amazed if the same didn't apply to that.

Unclear whether Hearts had thought about games on the BBC when they posted details of streamed games and the 'carry forward' of credits into next year. They said that 4 games would carry forward. That would suggest that games on BBC would count towards season tickets, but given how poor the club's communication has been around this, who can tell what they really mean.

Why would any club bother streaming a game in the UK that’s effectively available free to air? Only reason could be advertising opportunities but they would be minimal. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why would any club bother streaming a game in the UK that’s effectively available free to air? Only reason could be advertising opportunities but they would be minimal. 

No idea, but given the number of times in the last week on here the question has been asked or someone has posted that it will be shown by Hearts there is obviously an expectation among some fans that Hearts are going to do so.

Of course that confusion might in part - and I know lots of posters won't want to read this - be down to Hearts poor communication. The statement about streaming stated that the club would "stream all home games live". No mention that this wouldn't include games shown by broadcasters. Nor did the news item saying that the Dundee game had been selected by the BBC say anything about that meaning it wouldn't be streamed by Hearts. I knew that games selected for TV would need to be excluded because I'd paid a lot of attention to the news coverage of streaming being allowed, but I can understand others won't have done so. Again Hearts are relying on fans deducing that what they are saying isn't actually what they mean. 

I also know some posters will feel unhappy that I choose to post about a Hearts related issue on a Hearts fans message board, and might again suggest that if I'm unhappy that I should contact the club rather than posting on here. Only 17 days since the club responded to my email with a copy-and-paste reply telling me the club would be in touch with a more substantive response "within the next few days". I think it would be fair at this point to describe Hearts PR efforts as utterly clueless, but I do know who our official energy drink partner is, so there's that. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

No idea, but given the number of times in the last week on here the question has been asked or someone has posted that it will be shown by Hearts there is obviously an expectation among some fans that Hearts are going to do so.

Of course that confusion might in part - and I know lots of posters won't want to read this - be down to Hearts poor communication. The statement about streaming stated that the club would "stream all home games live". No mention that this wouldn't include games shown by broadcasters. Nor did the news item saying that the Dundee game had been selected by the BBC say anything about that meaning it wouldn't be streamed by Hearts. I knew that games selected for TV would need to be excluded because I'd paid a lot of attention to the news coverage of streaming being allowed, but I can understand others won't have done so. Again Hearts are relying on fans deducing that what they are saying isn't actually what they mean. 

I also know some posters will feel unhappy that I choose to post about a Hearts related issue on a Hearts fans message board, and might again suggest that if I'm unhappy that I should contact the club rather than posting on here. Only 17 days since the club responded to my email with a copy-and-paste reply telling me the club would be in touch with a more substantive response "within the next few days". I think it would be fair at this point to describe Hearts PR efforts as utterly clueless, but I do know who our official energy drink partner is, so there's that. 

Fair enough. I assume they won’t as there seems no practical reason/benefit to do so and, as you say, it would seem unlikely broadcasters would allow it. 

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I am very happy that you are posting and agree with all that you say. Like you, I'm awaiting a reply from Hearts but to be honest I'm not hopeful as I suspect the club has its head well and truly buried in the sand hoping that the problem will go away; not the smartest of business decisions.    

18 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I am very happy that you are posting and agree with all that you say. Like you, I'm awaiting a reply from Hearts but to be honest I'm not hopeful as I suspect the club has its head well and truly buried in the sand hoping that the problem will go away; not the smartest of business decisions.    

Agreed, I sent a follow up email and got the following response “we are still awaiting an update, you will know as soon as we know”. I will not be impressed if we do not get an adequate response and they try to let it blow over.

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

still waiting for a answer after 10 days says it all really the silence is deafening ,You would think a explanation of some sort is the least they could do  even if it was f@uck off lol !!!!!!:rifle:

31 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Are the club streaming the Inverness live tomorrow evening?

It’s on Premier Sports bud. Clubs not allowed to stream (in UK) if on telly.  See the Premier Sports thread for how to watch it. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

still waiting for a answer after 10 days says it all really the silence is deafening ,You would think a explanation of some sort is the least they could do  even if it was f@uck off lol !!!!!!:rifle:

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Clearly the club are wanting this to blow over once the season gets underway. Surely it’s not too much to ask to just be honest with fans. They don’t seem to care now that they have the cash in the bank.

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Assuming no live coverage of Cowdenbeath game on Saturday anywhere? 

East Fife are streaming their game tomorrow which might mean that Cowdenbeath are able to stream from Bayview as well. I'll be using it as my first opportunity to take pleasure from not financially supporting another team.

Has anyone actually had a definitive answer from Hearts yet? All we want as fans is honesty, yet the club haven’t confirmed their response yet. 

All we heard was “all home games to be streamed for ST holders”. Even the title of this thread is misleading as it’s technically not the case. 

I have absolutely no issue with not getting a stream for the league cup games as part of ST but I expect much better communication from the club, particularly with games going forward so it’s totally clear for everyone. 

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, Mort said:

Has anyone actually had a definitive answer from Hearts yet? All we want as fans is honesty, yet the club haven’t confirmed their response yet. 

All we heard was “all home games to be streamed for ST holders”. Even the title of this thread is misleading as it’s technically not the case. 

I have absolutely no issue with not getting a stream for the league cup games as part of ST but I expect much better communication from the club, particularly with games going forward so it’s totally clear for everyone. 

I hope they put a statement out one way or the other before our first league game but not holding my breath :rifle:

been here before
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

I hope they put a statement out one way or the other before our first league game but not holding my breath :rifle:

Im fully expecting a statement after the first streamed game along the lines of 'as you have accessed our stream on Hearts TV dedicated to Season Ticket holders you are no longer entitled...'.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im fully expecting a statement after the first streamed game along the lines of 'as you have accessed our stream on Hearts TV dedicated to Season Ticket holders you are no longer entitled...'.

I've had similar thoughts. That some supporters are so suspicious and distrustful reflects very poorly on the current regime. 

wattie exploited
14 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I've had similar thoughts. That some supporters are so suspicious and distrustful reflects very poorly on the current regime. 

would have thought the foh committee would have had a word ?   :rifle:  anyway hearts game in 40 mins looking forward to a real game now :flagwave:

2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

would have thought the foh committee would have had a word ?   :rifle:  anyway hearts game in 40 mins looking forward to a real game now :flagwave:

:wattie::yas:

kingantti1874
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

On Hearts TV now where’s the picture all I’ve got is the Hearts Badge and a stand in the background 

same! This is on right? 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is the link working? 

I can't get it working, just getting a bad gateway error

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

same! This is on right? 

Starting Soon... just appeared 👌

Edited by Boy Daniel
Appeared

Premier tv have bought the rights to broadcast all Betfred cup  games. Hearts tv will broadcast all our home league games free to season ticket holders. Legally the club cannot broadcast the Betfred cup games. What is hard to understand? As for FOH being consulted?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Premier tv have bought the rights to broadcast all Betfred cup  games. Hearts tv will broadcast all our home league games free to season ticket holders. Legally the club cannot broadcast the Betfred cup games. What is hard to understand? As for FOH being consulted?

It’s hard to understand if you haven’t read it. Was only asking a question 😂 FFS 

been here before
2 minutes ago, farin said:

D29D320F-D933-4A03-B020-8D100C3DED86.thumb.jpeg.1227ba7742ac26dfe4d7f526f18b8b5c.jpeg

tynie under the lights with no fans. 🙁 

But a couple of fan nies though.

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s hard to understand if you haven’t read it. Was only asking a question 😂 FFS 

TBH it has been mentioned several times on several threads.

2 hours ago, o1djambo said:

This isn't actually true. Premier Sports only have the right to show a small number of betfred cup games. It just so happens they selected both our homes games (because we are the best supported club in the group stages). Our away games might well be streamed by the home teams. East Fife were streaming their game against Cowdenbeath tonight. If we get a home game in the knock out phase and it isn't selected by Premier Sports then Hearts will be able to show it (it assuming still behind closed doors). Unclear at that stage whether it is covered by the season ticket, but I'd assume not.

wattie exploited
On 03/10/2020 at 16:23, The Treasurer said:

I noticed some championship clubs are bleating about the BBC showing most Hearts away games being unfair as it will cost them streaming income. Funny how no one has ever complained about all the OF away games being on TV for years 

tough s#hit  on the other teams  they have the fan base of a bus stop queue :rifle:

On 06/10/2020 at 15:47, wattie exploited said:

Regarding multiple st in one household I contacted the club on 24/09 and got a response same day which promised "a more substantive response within next few days". I enquired today to see if said response would be forthcoming anytime soon. I received an apologetic email and some assurance they were working to try and find a resolution and that they would come back to me as soon as they had some more information to share.

Just now, feedthefox said:

Regarding multiple st in one household I contacted the club on 24/09 and got a response same day which promised "a more substantive response within next few days". I enquired today to see if said response would be forthcoming anytime soon. I received an apologetic email and some assurance they were working to try and find a resolution and that they would come back to me as soon as they had some more information to share.

And your thoughts are? 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And your thoughts are? 

Disappointed at how the club has handled this in fact I'm not sure it's even recognised the issue exists, the very worst thing they could do is just ghost the issue.

2 hours ago, feedthefox said:

There was and still is a very obvious solution; as soon as the club suggested that streaming was going to count towards the 18 match guarantee they could have been upfront and admitted that this was not their original intention, that they understand that some supporters for whatever reason may find that this does not meet their expectation when purchasing a ticket (eg multiple ticket holders in one household, no access to the internet, simply don't fancy it for whatever reason) and offering those who do not wish to take advantage of streaming a refund. I can see the minds clunking into action thinking of reasons why its not that simple, but it actually is and what we now find is a group of supporters who think the club doesn't give a xxxx about them.      

Bazzas right boot

Slightly off, but still on topic.

Arsenal are allowing 348 fans in to watch them in the Emirates on a big screen... £49 a pop. 

Arsenal have no shame it seems, highest average St price, make folk redundant while handing out millions to players and now charging £49 a pop to watch them on  a screen. 

Owners a multi billionaire as well. 

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

There was and still is a very obvious solution; as soon as the club suggested that streaming was going to count towards the 18 match guarantee they could have been upfront and admitted that this was not their original intention, that they understand that some supporters for whatever reason may find that this does not meet their expectation when purchasing a ticket (eg multiple ticket holders in one household, no access to the internet, simply don't fancy it for whatever reason) and offering those who do not wish to take advantage of streaming a refund. I can see the minds clunking into action thinking of reasons why its not that simple, but it actually is and what we now find is a group of supporters who think the club doesn't give a xxxx about them.      

I really don.t think the club do  give a shit about this matter as am sure they will release a statement at some point hopefully :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited