• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

I could get that if it wasn't St Mirren. They would be near the bottom of the list clubs I would want to build bridges with because of past history and because the really are small fish with little influence.

I’m with you. Was just exploring possibilities. There’s no way on this earth I’d ever support helping st mirren out. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

For me yes, I won’t even go near these clubs again or even the places.
If we don’t go to a cup game they will have to give us a cut of the money from their profits off their own fans. 
Do you think we should roll over and accept what’s been done to us, build bridges and move on? Does this thread make that look like it’s what the majority want to do?
Yes he’s an awful GK, so let’s hope he doesn’t have to face these ***** again the semi. 
Spit dummy out, throw toys out the pram, bitter and twisted. Yes all three. 

It also gives some folk the chance to get their Robbie oot campaign off to a flyer before we've even kicked a ball 😏

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It should also mean that we don’t act in the best interests of clubs and an organisation who vindictively set out to seriously harm us. That’s exactly what was done with saying yes to this loan. The only reason that yesterday’s game and the subsequent one against Celtic were not postponed was for the sole reason of assisting Celtic.

Especially when we are currently still suffering that harm. It might even get a whole lot worse, if the season is called early or even before we manage to kick off. I think this idea of “moving on” is very premature indeed.

Edited by Beast Boy

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It also gives some folk the chance to get their Robbie oot campaign off to a flyer before we've even kicked a ball 😏

Yes, sadly it does do that too. I say that as someone who was delighted to see him back, and who thinks he will do well. Unfortunately, the folk you mention have now just taken delivery of a great big truckload of ammunition. 

It’ll be tracksuits at dawn in no time.

Edited by Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

🤮🤢

What a level headed intelligent informed educated & decent spud you come across as 🙃

To describe RN in those terms, says a lot about the mindset/capacity of someone who types that about a guy who has just got in the door and served us well over many years...

🤯

Considering some of the posts on here it’s great you’ve responded to mine. 
He is just in the door but it’s not like we don’t know anything about who he is, he’s explained why he’s allowed this and now we have a useless GK who may well face them again in the semi, great preparation. He’s got a lot to prove to a lot of fans and this decision is not a good start.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your posts have been mostly spot on in this thread btw. 

I may have been slightly over the top but this has really angered me, and a lot of others obviously. 
I was drunk last night and hungover at work today so it might get worse 😜

21 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Can understand the rashional behind it but disgusted at helping a club who openly stabbed us in the back

I'm not sure that loaning Bobby could really be construed as helping. Quite the opposite, in fact. St MIrren conceded three goals. Frankly, I'm happy with us giving that sort of "help" to rivals.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Bill Bones said:

Game time for a player we might need (hopefully not). You can't deny that match sharpness after 6 months of not playing a competitive game is of benefit to any player. 

Financial gain from loan fee/wages saved. However small, money in the bank is a benefit for a player who isn't going to be missed for small period where we don't have games to play. 

If he plays for us now when he returns we cannot move him on in January. How is that beneficial?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Well unfortunately yes, I’m not in that group but ffs things like this do not help. 

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why are you asking what the hubub is about when you know full well why people have a problem with this? What’s the point in taking that approach?

I just don’t really see what the big deal is. It’s not like we’ve strengthened a rival. All that matters to me is promotion this season. I’ve not watched Sportscene once or results programme. No interest in SPL until we’re back in it.

I hope Zlamal helps relegate St Mirren but that’s about it. If we didn’t deal with teams who stabbed us we’d be struggling to get any business done.

Maybe it’s an age thing but it don’t really bother me TBH

1 minute ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm not sure that loaning Bobby could really be construed as helping. Quite the opposite, in fact. St MIrren conceded three goals. Frankly, I'm happy with us giving that sort of "help" to rivals.

We could have lent them Mr mcgoo as a goalkeeper, the point is we shouldn't have helped a team who openly did us no favours just a few days and months ago

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Which makes the decision even more baffling. Stupid stupid move.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I just don’t really see what the big deal is. It’s not like we’ve strengthened a rival. All that matters to me is promotion this season. I’ve not watched Sportscene once or results programme. No interest in SPL until we’re back in it.

I hope Zlamal helps relegate St Mirren but that’s about it. If we didn’t deal with teams who stabbed us we’d be struggling to get any business done.

Maybe it’s an age thing but it don’t really bother me TBH

Fair enough.  Thanks for reply. 

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We are even keeping their seat in the Championship warm for them. 

Will be giving them a nice friendly wave as we pass them on the road up. 👍

After his performance yesterday, St. Mirren won't be picking up any points during his stay.

If we want St. Mirren down, the longer he stays the better.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If he plays for us now when he returns we cannot move him on in January. How is that beneficial?

This is something I hadn’t thought about. Presumably he’s not part of our long-term plans, so it makes our charity look even more mystifying.

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, communist said:

Do you expect anything less from 2 scummy clubs from the west though? 

Shocks me that you witnessed that stuff in 86 yet can still be surprised what happened surrounding the vote. 

That's cool, you can hold your grudges for eternity, the reality stands however, 86 was hearts own fault, and the downward trajectory that resulted in us ending the season bottom of the league, was entirely our own doing too. 

I'd prefer we stopped blaming anyone and everyone and took some responsibility for the position we find ourselves in. 

I won't be getting all riled up about a back up keeper getting loaned out for a week or 2.

Yes it was up to us to win or at least draw that game. However Celtic had to over come a goal difference of five. St Lie Down allowed them a free run and celebrated with the Celtic players at the end. For any self respecting professional to act like that after a big loss is unbelievable even knowing they are scummy west coast club.

34 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I understand the frustration of Hearts fans over this, given the summer of spite and hilarity from many Scottish clubs, including St Mirren, and the Scottish media. The situation has probably been made worse because it was St Mirren who benefited from Zlamal going out on this emergency loan.
The current Hearts are being pilloried for not taking out revenge on St Mirren, a perceived enemy since 1986, for some of their players role in a disgraceful display of corruption which wouldn’t have mattered had we not lost on the same day.

However, we have had opportunities in the past to exact revenge, under different regimes, and came up short. The two worst examples being the Scottish cup semi final defeat in 1987, only a year after the league disappointment, and the League cup final more recently.

Some say that St Mirren and their fans are trying to create a rivalry that doesn’t exist. Maybe our inability to let a grudge from 34 years ago pass into history is helping them. We are allowing this memory eat us up, still.

However, football fans, including myself, are notoriously petty and remember bad things that others have done to us. It should be no surprise to Hearts that they are being criticised by us for this. Hearts would have been better to acknowledge that anger in their statement of justifying this transaction.

Ahree with a lot of that..but think hearts would've been better telling st mirren to f off. I think even those defending this decision would be happier had we done that.

12 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Shame it was Hibs, but they won't go down anyway.

Any guff we can offload to Hamilton notably, or Ross County would help.

1 hour ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

This entire thread is absolute loonies trying to out anger one another. Embarrassing. 

Naw the loonies are defending a crass decision that is alienating the fans - no doubt the same “absolute loonies” that defended Levein on here for years and crucified anybody who dared to question where he was taking our Club!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naw the loonies are defending a crass decision that is alienating the fans - no doubt the same “absolute loonies” that defended Levein on here for years and crucified anybody who dared to question where he was taking our Club!

Surprised we’ve not heard the “Ann’s played a blinder” line yet. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surprised we’ve not heard the “Ann’s played a blinder” line yet. 

:laugh:

Nope, the new line will be "it's nothing to do with Ann".

I have to say that from all the countless slaps in the face that Budge and her virtuous 'yes men' have given us this is one I give the least **** about. Not like our shower of losers have any games to play we may as well have some other mugs pay their wages.

I am more pissed off that we are lying scratching our balls on a Saturday looking on with envy that tin pot piss stains like St Mirren have a game to play.

Six years on from this disaster of a woman (in footballing terms) and we have a ball in our hands knocking on doors for a kickabout and no ***** will play us as they all have proper games to play.

Budge does not give a **** about what the majority of fans think or want. Football is not her bag and she knows it. We have been getting taken for a ride from her since day one. For her it is image image image. Fandom, winning, fun, passion and pride are insignificancies.

**** her.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Ahree with a lot of that..but think hearts would've been better telling st mirren to f off. I think even those defending this decision would be happier had we done that.

I think we should have, politely, told them we weren't in a position to take a risk with any of our goalkeepers. We wouldn't have to explain ourselves, other than we have already suffered injuries and cannot take chances, given how important this season is for us. Maybe even throw in a remark about how our training was disrupted and we feel that none of our players is fit enough for a competitive match.

What we don't know is how eager we were to help out, or if we genuinely thought it would benefit us in some way. Hearts must have known how this would look to Hearts fans. Maybe it is felt that we need to go on a charm offensive to get others onside, should we need a better outcome to any future vote.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Ex member of the SaS

I can see what some are getting at , being the bigger club and trying to improve relations, BUT Hearts could easily have refused, stating that we can't afford to have any player in close proximity to a covid outbreak, the simple fact is, should Zamal come back and infect a single player, the SPFL will do everything it can to shaft us and stop us training or playing. ( does anyone trust them not to? ) 

No matter how the board feel, we should be building bridges, there are other clubs that should be investigated before St Lie Down and this includes the friendly.

The board have to wake up to the feelings of the fans and before jumping to help another club take two seconds to consider the fall out.

1 hour ago, jambog said:

Hearts and Ann Budge are the only team other than maybe Inverness who have acted with any integrity in the last 6 months.

Why is everyone surprised that we have continued to do so?

As a supporter I am at the head of the queue to boycott away games and financially shaft the teams who done us wrong, but the club have been consistent in their actions and in my view are correct to continue to behave in a professional manner 

Not disagreeing with your sentiments ,but the club can still be seen to be acting in a professional manner whilst at the same time giving a polite NO to St.Mirren. We were under no obligation to loan Zlamal.

Does any fan actually give the slightest **** about having 'good relations' with other clubs?

I want to destroy everyone of them with a 20 incher loob free. **** them.

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think we should have, politely, told them we weren't in a position to take a risk with any of our goalkeepers. We wouldn't have to explain ourselves, other than we have already suffered injuries and cannot take chances, given how important this season is for us. Maybe even throw in a remark about how our training was disrupted and we feel that none of our players is fit enough for a competitive match.

What we don't know is how eager we were to help out, or if we genuinely thought it would benefit us in some way. Hearts must have known how this would look to Hearts fans. Maybe it is felt that we need to go on a charm offensive to get others onside, should we need a better outcome to any future vote.

Budge has already tried the charm offensive with the SPFL and Hibs - they laughed in our face and shit on us at the first opportunity!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well actually, no Gwen, that is quite clearly not the case. As much as it suits your mental capacity to get your head around people forming their own opinions on a case by case basis. Plenty posters who had differing opinions on the two matters on display on this thread. You just need to try and get your head around people holding a different opinion to you on one subject and not another. 

Covid stops the league.

Outcome: Hearts demoted. Some fans are furious.

Aberdeen and Celtic players knowingly break the Covid rules.

Outcome: Hearts have to stop training. Some fans furious.

St Mirren goalkeepers can't play due to Covid.

Outcome: Hearts lend them a keeper to save the SPFL's blushes. Some fans are furious.

It's a decision from the Gerald Ratner school of management, and businesses that piss off paying customers never do well in the long term.

P.S. If the goal is to get Zlamal off the wage bill, the very very last thing we want is for potential suitors to see him in action.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does any fan actually give the slightest **** about having 'good relations' with other clubs?

I want to destroy everyone of them with a 20 incher loob free. **** them.

Where you getting yin o them?? Askin for a friend...

I am furious at playing them in a much needed friendly for the club absolutely raging why oh why are we playing friendlies with clubs like St Mirren we should just play ourselves until the season starts. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am furious at playing them in a much needed friendly for the club absolutely raging why oh why are we playing friendlies with clubs like St Mirren we should just play ourselves until the season starts. 

That's completely unrelated and a nonsense tangent.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

What's a friendly got to do with it? A friendly match benefits our teams match fitness, loaning them our goalkeeper is doing them a favour which we shouldn't be doing 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's a friendly got to do with it? A friendly match benefits our teams match fitness, loaning them our goalkeeper is doing them a favour which we shouldn't be doing 

I assume Robbie and Jim Goodwin struck a decent relationship because of that game, perhaps they have had that for years? Would have been an easy phone call for Jim Goodwin to make in the circumstances. 

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Perhaps them agreeing to a friendly was primarily them doing us a favour, now reciprocated.

I just hope that Budge and Neilson are having a sh*t day today, or at least as much a sh*t day as the one they have inflicted on an already suffering fanbase.

#Hearts soft as sh*t

Whoever mad this call needs to leave the club.

If they didnt realise the reaction fans would have, they need to leave the club as they dont understand football fans.

if they realised and did it anyway, they need to leave the club as they dont understand football fans, AND they have knowingly harmed the club.

36 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Covid stops the league.

Outcome: Hearts demoted. Some fans are furious.

Aberdeen and Celtic players knowingly break the Covid rules.

Outcome: Hearts have to stop training. Some fans furious.

St Mirren goalkeepers can't play due to Covid.

Outcome: Hearts lend them a keeper to save the SPFL's blushes. Some fans are furious.

It's a decision from the Gerald Ratner school of management, and businesses that piss off paying customers never do well in the long term.

P.S. If the goal is to get Zlamal off the wage bill, the very very last thing we want is for potential suitors to see him in action.

Cannot say i'm happy about the decision, but Neilson would've had to take Bobby's opinion into account once St Midden approached us about him (assuming they approached us rather than us offering them the player). Zamal would've wanted the opportunity to play rather than be sitting on the bench in the Championship, and (I don't know the length of the loan term) it does give Hearts the opportunity to put a younger GK on the bench perhaps...

I think you have to be realistic about these things. The club has to be pragmatic, only the fans can afford to be vindictive and I wholly support any vindictiveness from the fans!

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's completely unrelated and a nonsense tangent.

They both are related. 

Who do you think needed the friendly more Hearts or St Mirren? I would say Hearts needed it badly.  St Mirren have then asked us to reciprocate and we have done so end of story. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume Robbie and Jim Goodwin struck a decent relationship because of that game, perhaps they have had that for years? Would have been an easy phone call for Jim Goodwin to make in the circumstances. 

Couldn't care less about managers friendship ! This about the football club not 2 guys being friends 

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Cannot say i'm happy about the decision, but Neilson would've had to take Bobby's opinion into account once St Midden approached us about him (assuming they approached us rather than us offering them the player). Zamal would've wanted the opportunity to play rather than be sitting on the bench in the Championship, and (I don't know the length of the loan term) it does give Hearts the opportunity to put a younger GK on the bench perhaps...

I think you have to be realistic about these things. The club has to be pragmatic, only the fans can afford to be vindictive and I wholly support any vindictiveness from the fans!

The club has spent the past two months promoting 'only hearts', then bent over to st mirren at first opportunity.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Perhaps them agreeing to a friendly was primarily them doing us a favour, now reciprocated.

Absolute bull

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

The club has spent the past two months promoting 'only hearts', then bent over to st mirren at first opportunity.  

And before that the club said it would always do right by players. If Zamal wanted first team football, and as long as St Mirren are covering his whole wage then it right for both the player and the club.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Possibly, but Neilson should have the nouse to realise the impact it would have, especially in view of the taunts from officials at St Mirren. He needs to figure out his loyalties.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

And before that the club said it would always do right by players. If Zamal wanted first team football, and as long as St Mirren are covering his whole wage then it right for both the player and the club.

Hes there for a week. Not sure on wages but plenty chat they are paying f all. 🙈