No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

16 hours ago, communist said:

I am too young to remember 1986, but as far as I'm aware all we had to do was beat Dundee to win the league and we didn't. 

Can blame St Midden all you like, but if we'd taken care of our own business we wouldn't have had to rely on them at all. 

Much in the same way I view our relegation, blame lies (for me anyway) at our own clubs door for that, for being so poor for so long, the relegation debacle didn't change my opinion on any other club in Scotland. 

Can't see the problem in the board accepting some easy cash to loan a back up player for a few games. 

Just not that club, anyone but them, but saying that he chucked in 3 yesterday,I get what you're saying about doing the business ourselves but trust me st.liedown are called that for a very good reason bloody hell they put 6 past us early on that season, and yes our expulsion was a result of things going tits up over a 3-4 year period

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

highlandjambo3

EVERYONE.........if you don’t like it e mail the club your thoughts on why this sucks, may not make much of a difference but at least our thoughts on this matter will go directly to the club.  

Ok this is a forum and we’re all quite entitled to our opinion but, I would not imaging much of the hearts board read posts on here (not itk), I’m sure the weegia do and I’ll not be surprised to see an article in the paper soon on this matter......anything to ruffle our feathers is their aim.

16 hours ago, ramrod said:

I think it's the idea of loaning any of our players to help out any SPL club that's annoying most fans not the fact that it's St Mirren per say . 

No, for me it's helping that club, if it was Killie,st.johnstone or Livingston I wouldn't be to happy but them,THEM it's not good enough

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sell players to anyone. 
Loan or buy players from/to Rangers, ICT, Falkirk,East Fife,Partick,Stranraer,Edinburgh City. 
When possible only visit these teams. 
Look after ourselves like the others have. 
Never ever forget the millions that the utter charlatan who had control over every  single football decision that was made. 
Is that clear enough?

If that Paisley Hun ***** in the managers office doesn’t understand this he can take his awful managerial record against Hibs and get to ****.

Do yourself a favour and take today off mate 

2 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

What is the biggest threat to our promotion? An incomplete premiership with no relegation? Maybe we will see a lot more of these loans as we try and keep the fixtures being played? I write this with respect to the Championship teams who I imagine will make life extremely tricky for us. 

The biggest threat to our promotion is our league not getting started or completed.

2 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

What is the biggest threat to our promotion? An incomplete premiership with no relegation? Maybe we will see a lot more of these loans as we try and keep the fixtures being played? I write this with respect to the Championship teams who I imagine will make life extremely tricky for us. 

Only tricky bit will be if they can get a team together to play us.

7 hours ago, Bill Bones said:

Are people really saying that if St Mirren had made a bid to take Damour (for example) off our hands and they really wanted him that we should say no just to spite them?

Difference is, Bobby is loaned for a week to help them out. 

If they bid for players we want rid of that’s different. Instead we’ve stepped in to help stop the top flight crumbling. A load of shite. 

17 minutes ago, kila said:

If they bid for players we want rid of that’s different. Instead we’ve stepped in to help stop the top flight crumbling. A load of shite. 

yep. Some just don’t get it though 

14 minutes ago, kila said:

If there was absolutely no benefit to hearts at all then I'd agree with you but in this instance, our manager had felt there was and I think we can all agree if we got any money (not sure if we did but presumably a small amount) then there has been some benefit. Plus game time for a player who might be needed in emergency or that we want to move on. We haven't just done a nice thing for St Mirren and put ourselves out. 

Take away the backlash from Hearts fans which seems to have occurred, what negative has there been to us from doing this from a football and business perspective? 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep. Some just don’t get it though 

They were going to get a goalie from somewhere, their manager said he had 20 odd available. If we had refused to deal they would have got a deal done with one of the others 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We’re a soft touch under Budge and have been for years now. She seems to know nothing about football and she isn’t learning either. She needs to go asap because her indifference about success is strangling us

2 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

They were going to get a goalie from somewhere, their manager said he had 20 odd available. If we had refused to deal they would have got a deal done with one of the others 

well then they should of been told to do just that.  Did you see their heartbreaker tweet ?   
It’s a fekin disgrace that we lent them anybody (even a shit keeper).

i put in £30 a month to FOH and have been putting in extra each month about £40 to cover what would be away tickets. I was due to put in a tenner today but that’s no happening.  I’m never stopping my monthly but the extra money will be stopping for the time being anyway.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

If there was absolutely no benefit to hearts at all then I'd agree with you but in this instance, our manager had felt there was and I think we can all agree if we got any money (not sure if we did but presumably a small amount) then there has been some benefit. Plus game time for a player who might be needed in emergency or that we want to move on. We haven't just done a nice thing for St Mirren and put ourselves out. 

Take away the backlash from Hearts fans which seems to have occurred, what negative has there been to us from doing this from a football and business perspective? 

Neilson is talking shite

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sell players to anyone. 
Loan or buy players from/to Rangers, ICT, Falkirk,East Fife,Partick,Stranraer,Edinburgh City. 
When possible only visit these teams. 
Look after ourselves like the others have. 
Never ever forget the millions that the utter charlatan who had control over every  single football decision that was made. 
Is that clear enough?

If that Paisley Hun ***** in the managers office doesn’t understand this he can take his awful managerial record against Hibs and get to ****.

🤮🤢

What a level headed intelligent informed educated & decent spud you come across as 🙃

To describe RN in those terms, says a lot about the mindset/capacity of someone who types that about a guy who has just got in the door and served us well over many years...

🤯

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

Explain the benefit to Hearts of Bobby going there

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Explain the benefit to Hearts of Bobby going there

Game time for a player we might need (hopefully not). You can't deny that match sharpness after 6 months of not playing a competitive game is of benefit to any player. 

Financial gain from loan fee/wages saved. However small, money in the bank is a benefit for a player who isn't going to be missed for small period where we don't have games to play. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Neilson is talking shite

Well if anyone was going to recognise talking shite.........

I think our head coach will know and is entitled to decide what benefits our players. Not some random internet slaver with a few hours champ manager under his belt. 

8 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

The game time is not really going to make a difference though , 2 games in a week then no competitive games for nearly 4 weeks and that’s IF he’s first choice . 

Like a lot of the posters on here I despise st mirren and I have expressed my anger in a previous post BUT in the cold light of day , my ire is turning yet again towards the spfl who should’ve postponed the game .
However yet again the lack of leadership from doncaster comes to the fore and yet again he’s hiding .

Heart of Darkness
3 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

Good point!! 👍

Not said anything as yet as can't really decide my thoughts. Emotionally I want us to burn it all down an St M should have been told to bolt, maybe even toyed with.

Other hand, Bobby is a bloke, a real person and just maybe he wanted this chance to shop window himself. The club, who like the guy, acquiesced. Perhaps.

What I will say is that from Goodwin comments, they definitely see it as a favour. And that is what is unacceptable. No matter the small benefit it may do us, its a favour to St Mirren, a club we should be treating with disdain.

I get the theory behind moving on, building bridges and all that shite. But I don't want us to. The club is in a very unique situation where we can build a very valid us against the world and other than a slogan, they're not doing it. I want anger, we have diplomacy and favours.

The problem we have in Scottish football is that its one big boys club. Robbie is likely mates with Goodwin or Langfield. Our new CEO will be pals with our enemies. We had a chance to piss into the tent. This is the first indication we're snuggled up in a sleeping bag inside instead.

Edited by TheBigO

Our new CEO and manager have really disappointed me. Like Jonnos post above I’m not really angry but really really disappointed in them. Feels like a Heavy punch in the guts after all we as fans do. That saddens me

MarkDevriesScores4
20 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

Game time for a player we might need (hopefully not). You can't deny that match sharpness after 6 months of not playing a competitive game is of benefit to any player. 

Financial gain from loan fee/wages saved. However small, money in the bank is a benefit for a player who isn't going to be missed for small period where we don't have games to play. 

Hearts are taking no money for this deal btw. It’s a gift to st Mirren 

I understand why peeps are pissed off. However, I wonder if Robbie okd it to cement the end of  bobby’s hearts career. We know he’s pretty pants and yesterday he showed that whilst he can make 1 or 2 good saves, he’ll also have 3 or 4 howlers. I think we’ll try to move him on. 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Our new CEO and manager have really disappointed me. Like Jonnos post above I’m not really angry but really really disappointed in them. Feels like a Heavy punch in the guts after all we as fans do. That saddens me

Prob where I'm at. We're emotional as fans, I get that. But I think I thought the club would share our emotion this time

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

EVERYONE.........if you don’t like it e mail the club your thoughts on why this sucks, may not make much of a difference but at least our thoughts on this matter will go directly to the club.  

Ok this is a forum and we’re all quite entitled to our opinion but, I would not imaging much of the hearts board read posts on here (not itk), I’m sure the weegia do and I’ll not be surprised to see an article in the paper soon on this matter......anything to ruffle our feathers is their aim.

The press are already publishing extracts from KB so I think the message is out there.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Well if anyone was going to recognise talking shite.........

I think our head coach will know and is entitled to decide what benefits our players. Not some random internet slaver with a few hours champ manager under his belt. 

Another JKB sycophant 

Longshot here but is there value to building bridges at club level and working to oust the top brass. We're less than a month into season and they're making a clear tit of it. Could Hearts be saying, told you so, now let's get rid of them...

A_A wehatethehibs

Get Budge the **** out of Hearts NOW - and everyone she has appointed. 

getting Levein out was only half the job, clearly 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

MarkDevriesScores4

To be honest, I don’t know why anyone is surprised. The club disregarded the fans for 4 years now at least. This is just the latest pitiful tale in a long line of shambolic behaviour by those at the top.

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Longshot here but is there value to building bridges at club level and working to oust the top brass. We're less than a month into season and they're making a clear tit of it. Could Hearts be saying, told you so, now let's get rid of them...

The way to emphasise to the wider world that Doncaster and his cabal are complete incompetents would have been for the game to go ahead with a St Mirren outfield player forced to play in goal -  obviously a completely farcical situation.

All we have done is helped spare the SPFL’s blushes. Quite why, given the treatment we’ve had, only the decision-makers at Tynecastle will know. Are they still naive enough to think the authorities will reciprocate our goodwill next time we’re in the shit? If so, they really need to go.

33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Maybe.Doubt the club will comment publicly. Have to say I was a wee bit surprised when we played st mirren in the friendly. Maybe some bridges being built with st mirren specifically for some reason but what the long term plan is is anyone’s guess. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spot on, it is embarrassing. An embarrassing decision by our own club has enraged our own fans at a time when the club is tentatively trying to rebuild a totally shattered relationship with the fans. 

Just ignore him. Folk coming onto threads where emotions are high and all they have to say is - look how angry you all are, how embarrassing - are the worst kind of trolls. 

Hearts and Ann Budge are the only team other than maybe Inverness who have acted with any integrity in the last 6 months.

Why is everyone surprised that we have continued to do so?

As a supporter I am at the head of the queue to boycott away games and financially shaft the teams who done us wrong, but the club have been consistent in their actions and in my view are correct to continue to behave in a professional manner 

33 minutes ago, leginten said:

The way to emphasise to the wider world that Doncaster and his cabal are complete incompetents would have been for the game to go ahead with a St Mirren outfield player forced to play in goal -  obviously a completely farcical situation.

All we have done is helped spare the SPFL’s blushes. Quite why, given the treatment we’ve had, only the decision-makers at Tynecastle will know. Are they still naive enough to think the authorities will reciprocate our goodwill next time we’re in the shit? If so, they really need to go.

Yup I'm on this page. Just trying to get head round it

10 minutes ago, jambog said:

Hearts and Ann Budge are the only team other than maybe Inverness who have acted with any integrity in the last 6 months.

Why is everyone surprised that we have continued to do so?

As a supporter I am at the head of the queue to boycott away games and financially shaft the teams who done us wrong, but the club have been consistent in their actions and in my view are correct to continue to behave in a professional manner 

All we have done is spared the SPFLs blushes over this.  Yet again this fetid organisation took a decision that at heart was done with the sole intention of assisting Celtic. 

I understand the frustration of Hearts fans over this, given the summer of spite and hilarity from many Scottish clubs, including St Mirren, and the Scottish media. The situation has probably been made worse because it was St Mirren who benefited from Zlamal going out on this emergency loan.
The current Hearts are being pilloried for not taking out revenge on St Mirren, a perceived enemy since 1986, for some of their players role in a disgraceful display of corruption which wouldn’t have mattered had we not lost on the same day.

However, we have had opportunities in the past to exact revenge, under different regimes, and came up short. The two worst examples being the Scottish cup semi final defeat in 1987, only a year after the league disappointment, and the League cup final more recently.

Some say that St Mirren and their fans are trying to create a rivalry that doesn’t exist. Maybe our inability to let a grudge from 34 years ago pass into history is helping them. We are allowing this memory eat us up, still.

However, football fans, including myself, are notoriously petty and remember bad things that others have done to us. It should be no surprise to Hearts that they are being criticised by us for this. Hearts would have been better to acknowledge that anger in their statement of justifying this transaction.

Captain Lithuania
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s your opinion on the loan deal?

It’s not as if we’ve loaned them Gordon, or someone who will even be playing this season. The fact of the matter is that it’s bombscare Zibby Zlamal, they’ve asked if they can loan him, we’ve chuckled and said, “aye, sure.” 

Don’t care that it’s St Mirren, maybe because I’m not old enough to be Hibs-bitter about 1986. Should we not have loaned Doyle out or taken the Livi keeper on loan on the basis they voted against reconstruction too? 

The Only Hearts philosophy essentially means Hearts will only be concerned with what is best for Hearts. If someone has decided that loaning a player benefits us then the Only Hearts principal is being applied, regardless of whether the loan helps the other team.

Only Hearts doesn’t mean we isolate ourselves from everyone else. It’s means we’ll only act in our own best interest.

Too much drama being applied here. It looks like a few were looking for an excuse to have a go at the club and have found it in the Zlamal loan.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Only Hearts philosophy essentially means Hearts will only be concerned with what is best for Hearts. If someone has decided that loaning a player benefits us then the Only Hearts principal is being applied, regardless of whether the loan helps the other team.

Only Hearts doesn’t mean when isolate ourselves from everyone else. It’s means we’ll on act in our own best interest.

Too much drama being applied here. It looks like a few were looking for an excuse to have a go at the club and have found it in the Zlamal loan.

To what extent is “Only Hearts” different to the principles applied by any other club, then? Is it just an empty slogan?

1 minute ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

It’s not as if we’ve loaned them Gordon, or someone who will even be playing this season. The fact of the matter is that it’s bombscare Zibby Zlamal, they’ve asked if they can loan him, we’ve chuckled and said, “aye, sure.” 

Don’t care that it’s St Mirren, maybe because I’m not old enough to be Hibs-bitter about 1986. Should we not have loaned Doyle out or taken the Livi keeper on loan on the basis they voted against reconstruction too? 

If it was in any major way benefitting the club it would be more understandable. He’s gone there for a one week loan and the only major benefit is to st mirren. A club who’s chairman openly slagged us off during our time of need. Jim Goodwin himself said he viewed it as a favour from hearts. That is entirely how I, and other fans view it as well. I get you don’t care that it’s st mirren but given their despicable comments about our club I think it’s understandable that others do care. 

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe.Doubt the club will comment publicly. Have to say I was a wee bit surprised when we played st mirren in the friendly. Maybe some bridges being built with st mirren specifically for some reason but what the long term plan is is anyone’s guess. 

We are even keeping their seat in the Championship warm for them. 

Will be giving them a nice friendly wave as we pass them on the road up. 👍

56 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

This entire thread is absolute loonies trying to out anger one another. Embarrassing. 

No. It isn’t. That’s just the usual response to folk with the same, but individually arrived at opinions on here. There’s no “groupthink” or “echo chamber” at play. Hundreds of individual Hearts supporters have read the news and formed an opinion on that news. Nobody is competing against each other for some mythical prize for the most angry/disappointed. Clearly you hold a different view, and that’s fine, but just glibly disregarding hundreds of people’s opinions as made up in order to be the most angry loony, is myopic in the extreme.

Cant speak for anyone else, as they will have their own opinions and views formed by themselves in their own minds, but for me, I’m disappointed that the club has offered an olive branch to a club who played a major part in pushing our face down in the shite. If they had offered us an olive branch, then fair enough. Then we could start to discuss the merits of reconciliation. We should not be the ones “reaching out” to these pricks. We are still in that shite too. That’s the worst part about all of this. People are talking about reconciliation whilst we are still facing the very real possibility that the season might get called early again, and we would be stuck down here even longer. The material damage that could do to us as a club is absolutely harrowing. We are the ones who were wronged and we are reaching out offering favours, when there’s no guarantee we are even out of the perilous situation we were booted in to.

It was a ****ing stupid decision, and we should have had nothing to do with it. 

“can we loan a keeper from you?”

”no sorry, we are not in a position to do that.”

Thats all it would have taken.

Edited by Beast Boy

Just now, luckydug said:

We are even keeping their seat in the Championship warm for them. 

Will be giving them a nice friendly wave as we pass them on the road up. 👍

That would be very pleasing 👍

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, jambocub said:

Do we only visit these teams forever?

Or just when it suits certain fans on here ?

Do we no attend cup games v these other teams 

Should we never take any fans to easter Rd again?

Never attended Scottish cup games unless it's against the 7 teams mentioned?

We've loaned a team one of the worst goalies we've ever had ,a keeper who helped us sit bottom of the league and one that nobody would care if he left the club on a free transfer tomorrow

Hardly worth spitting the dummy out the pram for

For me yes, I won’t even go near these clubs again or even the places.
If we don’t go to a cup game they will have to give us a cut of the money from their profits off their own fans. 
Do you think we should roll over and accept what’s been done to us, build bridges and move on? Does this thread make that look like it’s what the majority want to do?
Yes he’s an awful GK, so let’s hope he doesn’t have to face these ***** again the semi. 
Spit dummy out, throw toys out the pram, bitter and twisted. Yes all three. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Only Hearts doesn’t mean we isolate ourselves from everyone else. It’s means we’ll only act in our own best interest.

It should also mean that we don’t act in the best interests of clubs and an organisation who vindictively set out to seriously harm us. That’s exactly what was done with saying yes to this loan. The only reason that yesterday’s game and the subsequent one against Celtic were not postponed was for the sole reason of assisting Celtic.

part_time_jambo
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I could get that if it wasn't St Mirren. They would be near the bottom of the list clubs I would want to build bridges with because of past history and because the really are small fish with little influence.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

It should also mean that we don’t act in the best interests of clubs and an organisation who vindictively set out to seriously harm us. That’s exactly what was done with saying yes to this loan. The only reason that yesterday’s game and the subsequent one against Celtic were not postponed was for the sole reason of assisting Celtic.

Exactly.