Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

4 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I suspect that the FoH could take the whole lot to court and not need to go to any arbitration. We do not as yet own the club.

The SFA/SPFL et all have so far effectively stolen all that is ALL the money we have put into to buy the club.

I say we go for them now, we have plenty of money to do it and win without the need for a ground me poxy sponsored walk 

Would love that to happen

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

These ***** are shafting us raw. They aren’t even bothering to hide it. 
I take it no action will be taken against Celtic and Aberdeen? They break the rules, causing the postponement of games and we get penalised for it.

I’m at the point now, where I would sooner we were in the lowest division possible in England than be involved in the utter cesspit that is Scottish football. 
I’d be telling them to stick their Scottish cup as well.

Edited by iantjambo

All we can do as fans is try and ensure that we will still have a club to support at the end of all this.  

We’ve saved the club before and we can do it again, no problem. 

We should hopefully be able to sit back and watch the clubs round about us die. 

If they want us to stop training but also want us to play in semi final,  its only FAIR  that hibs also stop training until same time we are allowed back. They keep using this 'only fairness ' . So be fair.

The only fair way to proceed is for Celtic and Aberdeen to be sent to the highland or lowland league. The fair way For them is they can choose which league in the same fair way that Brechin got to choose if the got relegated.  Fairly promote Kelty and Brora and other league clubs Relegated and not promoted last season.

Then promote Hearts and Inverness to fill their places to fairly organise the league without the need for reconstruction.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So we should just "take our medicine" again.

How about we raise merry hell to the point that the SG can't ignore it? Do we put the players on furlough again for a couple of weeks and publicise the cost to the taxpayer?

That won't bother the SG as it's paid by Westminster. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe but it might pique the general public.

TyphoonJambo

Did that slavering, victorian throw back, biggotted, QC tosspot Findley not repeatedly say "theres no room for fairness"? 

I think the best route is a statement from Leitch with emphasis from the SG that the "no NEW" teams can continue training. Shove the fairness concerns back up NDs crankshaft, whilst fully complying with government guidance. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe but it might pique the general public.

Yep.  Ultimately paid by the tax payer, if not now, then in the future.  

TyphoonJambo
Just now, buzzbomb said:

Does anyone know where Doncaster stays ?

In Lawell's lower bowel cavity. 

TyphoonJambo

How can this be fair, or even lawful, for players like Harring and Souttar, currently under a return to fitness program, the interruption to which may have implications on their further careers? 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

How can this be fair, or even lawful, for players like Harring and Souttar, currently under a return to fitness program, the interruption to which may have implications on their further careers? 

Well put .......

Went to bed angry, woke up aperpleptic.

Surely this was a nightmare and no-one in their right mind would think this is the right thing to do?

Gillsland jack

Would really like to hear Jason Leitch from Scottish Government, explain what he thinks about how any of this makes sense, maybe live on the BBC's off the ball on Saturday afternoon, jeez there is a complete shows worth of material here already!!!!.

Unknown user
9 hours ago, ramrod said:

I'm staring to think your never a Hearts fan , it's becoming pretty obv to me tbh . 

Another one for the ignore list ttfn 

I didn't buy into this theory.

9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You’re staring?

What do you want Hearts to die?? Why?

Stop instigating trouble - please!

But this reply got my spidey senses tingling too.

Anyway, back on topic...

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can someone help me here?  Is there such a thing as good news any more?

As far as Hearts are concerned next to no chance for the foreseeable future, all for having the cheek to try and defend themselves

Midloth_Iain

Try explaining this to a non-footballing outsider and see how ridiculous this sounds :

In Scotland, the best chance clubs have of silverware (apart from the gruesome), is the Scottish Cup.

Every club (apart from the gruesome) see it as the most prestigious trophy to win.

4 teams are left in this seasons competition. 2 of these have teams have players who have broken Government rules.

In preparation for the semi finals these 2 teams are allowed to continue training along with a 3rd member club

The 4th team, who have only recently started training are now banned from further preparation for the tournament for at least 10 days, despite having nothing to do with the rule breaking.

Sporting fairness ? Sporting Integrity ?

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Like a few others I don’t think we’ll kick a ball this season. Possibly be forced to play in the SC but I suspect that will be it. Can’t see anything below SPL happening and suspect they will have to call that season early. 

To prevent any undue damage to clubs they will probably go for reconstruction and promote Arbroath and Alloa for being top of alphabetical basis. 

It changes so much day to day it’s impossible to predict. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t see football this season. Look at other countries and what they are doing. When furlough ends, businesses will be without financial support. Football clubs, like many other businesses will be without an income stream. The economy and everything in it will open this calender year imo, regardless of coronavirus. It would take a reckless government to damage the economy further by continuing to insist sectors stay closed after furlough ends and political suicide.

7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

We should be calling for every Championship club to release their training and funding plans for independent review including communications with players.

It's just another lie whether it be from the SFA-SPFL directly or lies to them by clubs.

We have numerous officials on JRGswho are tasked with this very thing and should have been focussing on this for the last two months. 

We have done enough work on Doncaster’s behalf. 

31 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Would really like to hear Jason Leitch from Scottish Government, explain what he thinks about how any of this makes sense, maybe live on the BBC's off the ball on Saturday afternoon, jeez there is a complete shows worth of material here already!!!!.

Sorry, the BBC and other media outlets don’t feel the fact the SFA and the SG are contradicting each other worthy of investigation. 

The fact 9 players from Aberdeen and Celtic have caused the entire Scottish football world to cease is barely worthy of comment either. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It changes so much day to day it’s impossible to predict. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t see football this season. Look at other countries and what they are doing. When furlough ends, businesses will be without financial support. Football clubs, like many other businesses will be without an income stream. The economy and everything in it will open this calender year imo, regardless of coronavirus. It would take a reckless government to damage the economy further by continuing to insist sectors stay closed after furlough ends and political suicide.

It will have nothing to do with the Government.

A majority of lower league clubs will be HAPPY to hibernate for a season or as long as there is no fans inside stadiums.

As things stand there are Championship clubs that couldn’t field a 5 a side team. They don’t appear in a hurry to change that.

Next season won’t happen, imo.

Mid Calder Jambo
24 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Try explaining this to a non-footballing outsider and see how ridiculous this sounds :

In Scotland, the best chance clubs have of silverware (apart from the gruesome), is the Scottish Cup.

Every club (apart from the gruesome) see it as the most prestigious trophy to win.

4 teams are left in this seasons competition. 3 of these have teams have players who have broken Government rules. (Hibs players were in the Liquid Rooms last Saturday they just didn't get caught}

In preparation for the semi finals these 2 teams are allowed to continue training along with a 3rd member club

The 4th team, who have only recently started training are now banned from further preparation for the tournament for at least 10 days, despite having nothing to do with the rule breaking.

Sporting fairness ? Sporting Integrity ?

FTFY

42 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Taking a slight step back, some of the approach MAY have some sense to it in that only full time 1 job professional footballers are allowed to train and play in 'any' team contact sport as these guys SHOULD be able to be more controlled compared to others with one or more jobs, plus as being in the public eye, SHOULD think about being spotted.

But it appears it is because teams in the Championship complained we were getting an unfair advantage.

Again, we should be demanding EVERY club in the Championship releases details of the their training plans including communications with their players, coaching and medical teams, football authorities and SPFA.  I'm sure Fraser Wishart will be on it as we speak.

But this goes back to the correct approach which should have been a temporary measure of having leagues based on ability of clubs to play a full season based on strict testing regimes.

Edited by DETTY29

Fly the Saltire

On BBC Radio Scotland Phil Goodlad said it was down to the Scottish Government but that's the BBC for you.

The Guardian's Ewan Murray who is no SNP supporter quizzed Jason Leitch last night and tweeted this

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Withdraw our involvement in the cup.

That’s self-harming. Take normal ticket allocation, don’t sell any tickets, send the u15’s or a 1998/2006 select team to play the semi. That way we make a point but also get a share of gate money, if any, share of tv money and prize money. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Fly the Saltire said:

On BBC Radio Scotland Phil Goodlad said it was down to the Scottish Government but that's the BBC for you.

The Guardian's Ewan Murray who is no SNP supporter quizzed Jason Leitch last night and tweeted this

Makes you wonder why BBC Scotland is stirring up shite as well 

6 minutes ago, The Roller said:

It will have nothing to do with the Government.

A majority of lower league clubs will be HAPPY to hibernate for a season or as long as there is no fans inside stadiums.

As things stand there are Championship clubs that couldn’t field a 5 a side team. They don’t appear in a hurry to change that.

Next season won’t happen, imo.

It must be safer to have staff in their bubble now. Suspending it makes it a higher risk to the general public. Ask Jason to intervene on the case of public health and safety. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s self-harming. Take normal ticket allocation, don’t sell any tickets, send the u15’s or a 1998/2006 select team to play the semi. That way we make a point but also get a share of gate money, if any, share of tv money and prize money. 

Torn between this and turning up and making hibs cup celebrations look like a vicars tea party 

Ex member of the SaS

Surely now we can go to the CoS under the curtailment of income. The only rule that allows going straight to the CoS and we should be using it now. As for the SC we should wait until the day before, and claim we have multiple injuries due to not being able to train and refuse to play.

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Withdraw our involvement in the cup.

I’ve said the same. Now the more I think about it, I’m wondering if these are the lengths they’re trying to push us too.

My ideal situation would be: utterly destroy Hibs in the semi, pump Celtic in the final, players go up and collect their medals and not even acknowledge the trophy.

Gilberts Fridge

If you think any of this is bad, wait till you see some of the refereeing decisions go against us through the season. We are marked and we need to be strong for the foreseeable future. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Torn between this and turning up and making hibs cup celebrations look like a vicars tea party 

Agreed it’s difficult as is the boycott of away games. But getting close to saying enough is enough. We need to take a stand. 

Just now, Ma Roon said:

It does. I can’t believe a journalist would not want to get their teeth into a story where the Scottish Government appears to be in conflict with the governing body of Scottish Football. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Or send the first team out, take the knee as per BLM and don’t get up for 90 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

This  is clearly Doncaster's revenge and the Response Group is chaired by Hibs Rod Petrie.  Go figure

Is that the group that the Hibs CEO pulled out of the reconstruction group citing it was more important? 

Ron Burgundy

I want Hearts to have nothing to do with the cup. Ignoring all the usual bravado "it's Hibs, we always batter them" nonsense the chances of beating them at this point are realistically quite slim.

And if we do I don't want to see us as the sacrificial lamb offered up to Celtic in the final. We would not be able to compete and should by some miracle manage to do so on the pitch then there is no way on this earth that they would not get the assistance required from third parties to ensure they win.

FTC

(Feck the cup).

Edited by Ron Burgundy

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Is that the group that the Hibs CEO pulled out of the reconstruction group citing it was more important? 

No sense of humility, just egos gone wild.

Proof that absolutely all virtue is gone.

No mitigation to the consequences of their actions.

‘They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity.

They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice.’

Judgement will follow.

36 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Point of order please. Its REFUNDED a part of its own money by Westmister.

That’s scandalous. Where can I find these figures? Should be headline news.

11 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

it’s be a use it’s jammed full of poisonous Old Firm  supporting cretins, liberally laced with others who are quite prepared to rim the bigots on request. The BBC here have become nothing short of a bad joke.

Edited by Deevers

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It does. I can’t believe a journalist would not want to get their teeth into a story where the Scottish Government appears to be in conflict with the governing body of Scottish Football. 

You're right, a journalist would be asking questions but we have very few of these in Scottish football, most of them don't want to risk their seat on the gravy train. And on the very few occasions Doncaster raises his head above the parapet, he gets love bombed by a giggling Richard Gordon.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Spot on. 

Not only should Hearts take this to the courts, but Haring & Souttar possibly should as well.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m also in opinion of sending a ‘joke’ team to hampden for cup final. I would run either a auction or raffle where fans could pay for the opportunity to pull on the famous maroon at Hampden and kick the **** out the hobos. 

We would get stuffed but we would cause a lot more damage and ridicule to others. I’m beginning to feel a bit vindicate about this crap now 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a far better answer too all of this is for to send a fired up  angry team to Hampden looking for revenge.  Beating them, then beating  Celtic in the final then turning their backs on the  cup presentation  would send out a great message fully broadcast in the media. That would be a real slap in the face for Petrie and the rest.