Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I think they have done this as they think that we (Hearts) will break a rule or condition to stop football being played in the SPL.  IE.  Someone not going into quarantine.  Damour for example.  That then means Nicola Sturgeon and the SG shut down Scottish football.  

Hearts will do this through spite.

That's the way the SPFL and the SFA work/think.

I Think this has happened as they want to eliminate anything that might have any impact at all on their Sky deal. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Brave Hearts
2 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

There's not any journalists with the bawz these day's to go against the old boys club, English and Murray apart 

there are only 2 Journalists in Scotland - Murray and English 

the rest are only Reporters - copy/paste and regurgitate the propoganda spouted from SFA/SPFL and now JRG

8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I perhaps did not get that quite correct.

Are the SG protocols for "elite" sport not the ones agreed and, meant to be, followed by the SFA/SPFL/JRG though? 

There is nothing in Gov guidelines stopping Hearts from training. Purely a decision made by JRG. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

Hull city training at Riccarton today but we can’t.  It’s absolutely incredible.  I really didn’t think I could hate the SPFL and SFA etc any more than I did already.  I was wrong by quite a bit apparently.  I cannot wait until there are more postponements and cancellations and the whole thing comes crashing down.  

Someone said to me on here a couple of days ago but would that not be bad for us as well.  As I said with the backing our fans give our club I have no doubt at all whatsoever that we will be fine whatever happens.

Can the other clubs say that though?????  LETS FIND OUT 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 

We could ask them to take our whole squad on trial?

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wonder if the players kept training but no photos or videos went up on social media, would the spfl, sfa and championship clubs know?

You can bet your bottom dollar that some Hibs ***** has already phoned the police on the off chance.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I reckon the real problem is the whinging *******s that are running the other  championship clubs. That and that bitter prick Petrie.

The SPFL/SFA must have been sweating about the Aberdeen situation all week. In some ways it would have been easier for them if the Celtic incident happened first as they know the drill and would have been on the media offensive down playing it all "unprecedented times" blah, blah. But then a non OF team balls up first and they would have probably wanted a punishment for them but didn't want to set a precedent in case the OF later breached the rules (as they have) thus backing them into a corner. Instead they have decided to punish the easiest target, Hearts, as a show of how serious they are taking the situation without having to sanction the clubs involved. If pushed by public opinion, they could now give Aberdeen and crucially Celtic a token fine and say they have taken a range of actions to minimise the risk including fining the offending clubs and or players. All that's left is to ensure Celtic get the championship and jobs done. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I Think this has happened as they want to eliminate anything that might have any impact at all on their Sky deal. 

Yep.  As alluded to several times by people on this thread already, suggesting we find some way to make the SG to step in and show that red card.  I'm assuming people are semi-serious, but the SPFL have far too much at risk to even chance it.

Plus they get another dig in at Hearts.  We all know what Petrie gains.

11 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

There's not any journalists with the bawz these day's to go against the old boys club, English and Murray apart 

Think TE has heard us talking about him....

13 minutes ago, jamborod said:

He must have known we were talking about him......

😂😂😂 gerrintaethem Tom!

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There is nothing in Gov guidelines stopping Hearts from training. Purely a decision made by JRG. 

I get that but I was still talking about the Hull situation.

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I think they have done this as they think that we (Hearts) will break a rule or condition to stop football being played in the SPL.  IE.  Someone not going into quarantine.  Damour for example.  That then means Nicola Sturgeon and the SG shut down Scottish football.  

Hearts will do this through spite.

That's the way the SPFL and the SFA work/think.

Nope 

It has been done because a few Championship clubs have been crying about us training when they can’t afford to.

Probably the same clubs who will later say they can’t afford to ever start training or playing with no paying spectators.

Petrie and Doncaster couldn’t help themselves. A pair of deceitful clowns.

bigsuperslim1874
35 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Its  really becoming a struggle to make that lot look any thicker and  corrupt than they are already. Petrie, Doncaster and co seem to manage to do this with some aplomb though.  You would think that by trying to drag the Scottish Government into this shut show, they might actually like to make it crystal clear that this in absolutely none of their doing.  

On another note the fact that Championship managers have again been doing their level best  to stir the shit for us really makes it doubly imperative that they are all boycotted.  Becoming crystal clear that the game here is run by complete scum.

What zoomers have been mouthing off now?

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yes. Because folk on here watch them. And would post about it.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wonder if the players kept training but no photos or videos went up on social media, would the spfl, sfa and championship clubs know?

Wouldn’t surprise me if the SPFL spent a fortune to hire private investigators to watch our players 24/7 just to make sure we were not training.  Can’t have us having that “unfair advantage”.

2 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

This  is clearly Doncaster's revenge and the Response Group is chaired by Hibs Rod Petrie.  Go figure

Does anyone know the full make up of this group?

willie wallace
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I reckon the real problem is the whinging *******s that are running the other  championship clubs. That and that bitter prick Petrie.

Yes,I don't quite understand this other championship teams are disadvantaged theory.

Surely they will just have a regular pre season like they do every year.

There is no guarantee that a long pre season will be a success  and we do have a semi final to think about.

I know it might be a bit dramatic but what keeps going through my mind is: 

So Strong
             Song by Labi Siffre

some of those lyrics really are hitting the mark 

Craig Herbertson

Serioius question. Does anybody think that the SPFL and SFA have the capacity in any shape or form to get our football leagues finished having played 3 games and now have once chance left before the season is suspended?

3 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Petrie, Doncaster, Maxwell and the Doctor.

Would be hard to find a more Celtic minded group.

6 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

The SPFL/SFA must have been sweating about the Aberdeen situation all week. In some ways it would have been easier for them if the Celtic incident happened first as they know the drill and would have been on the media offensive down playing it all "unprecedented times" blah, blah. But then a non OF team balls up first and they would have probably wanted a punishment for them but didn't want to set a precedent in case the OF later breached the rules (as they have) thus backing them into a corner. Instead they have decided to punish the easiest target, Hearts, as a show of how serious they are taking the situation without having to sanction the clubs involved. If pushed by public opinion, they could now give Aberdeen and crucially Celtic a token fine and say they have taken a range of actions to minimise the risk including fining the offending clubs and or players. All that's left is to ensure Celtic get the championship and jobs done. 

The SFA/SPFL/JRG statement yesterday mentioned that there would be an announcement today on the punishments that they will apply to players who disobey the rules in future. That suggested to me that they have not actually made the rules up yet and need some time to figure out how to possibly penalise at the most 9 players and not touch the clubs.

Or they could not penalise any players yet but will pick any random Hearts player who is seen out doing their shopping over the weekend.

1 minute ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Serioius question. Does anybody think that the SPFL and SFA have the capacity in any shape or form to get our football leagues finished having played 3 games and now have once chance left before the season is suspended?

Well it's looking less likely by the day. 

3 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Petrie

Maxwell

Lawwell

Dr. John McLean (SFA Medical Head)

and others as and when required.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Petrie

Maxwell

Lawwell

Dr. John McLean (SFA Medical Head)

and others as and when required.

I'm sure Lawwell is sitting behind the scenes, but don't you mean Dongcaster?

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The SFA/SPFL/JRG statement yesterday mentioned that there would be an announcement today on the punishments that they will apply to players who disobey the rules in future. That suggested to me that they have not actually made the rules up yet and need some time to figure out how to possibly penalise at the most 9 players and not touch the clubs.

Or they could not penalise any players yet but will pick any random Hearts player who is seen out doing their shopping over the weekend.

I didn't see the statement in full, but that's exactly what I would expect. It's political posturing at its best, make it look like there is a whole range of actions and strategies but it's all to deflecte long enough so that people cool off and you don't actually need to do anything about the real problem. 

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, jamborod said:

Chris McLaughlin completely ignored what Jason Leitch had said earlier (on the BBC's own Sportsound podcast) that the Scottish Government hadn't requested Hearts to stop training: "The SPFL have chosen the bullet point list of things to do."

Instead, he made out several times - "be under absolutely no illusion" - that this was the Scottish Government's decision.

At best, lazy and careless reporting. At worst, a deliberate omission to try and support a specific agenda, in this case the SPFL/SFA's.

Thanks for that, BBC is a complete joke and farce of an organisation. 

53 minutes ago, David Black said:

Sorry but got to disagree. Celtic and Aberdeen have got away scot free but there is no way Celtic have contacted Doncaster and suggested this. Celtic could not care less about us training. This is 100% the decision of Doncaster and Petrie and now with the Hull City situation it has made them look even more stupid, if that was possible. 

Agreed. This is not Celtic's doing. This is petty vindictiveness by Doncaster and Petrie against Ann Budge herself. Make no mistake this is very personal. These two teewats will be laughing their heads off that they have managed to make this about Hearts.

Hopefully the clubs now see this for what it is, an orchestrated campaign against Ann Budge and Hearts.

Fairly certain the JRG will be following Scottish government guidance. Leitch claims they never said Hearts were to stop training but that doesn’t mean that the wider rules mean we were to stop. I’ve no confidence in any of the authorities or the Scottish government on any of this. 

3 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

We should protest in numbers in a location which would be inconvenient to the SPFL

Are hibs still training at their barn?

Edit: I see hibs are at home tomorrow at 5.30. 

🤔

Edited by Nookie Bear

I wouldn't get to bothered about discussing boycotts. 

Next to no chance of fans being allowed back to football in decent numbers imo. 

If someone offered odds on the SC matches actually taking place as scheduled I would bet against it. 

Some entitled 'professional' footballer from one of our 'ELITE' 😂clubs will test positive after a pub crawl. Its in the DNA of the wasters pretending to be footballers, someone will **** up. 

The picture has become clearer to me.

They the SPFL and SFA have offered the Oriam for rent to the English clubs( money in hand) The SG have said how will it work with Hearts training there so the SPFL/SFA  have prevented Hearts from training and hide it behind protocols for all lower league teams.

Leveins Battalion

I wonder what James Anderson makes of all of this,as a philanthropist and Edinburgh based he will be no doubt aware of all that the club and Big Hearts have done for the community throughout this.

Or the way in which we have conducted ourselfs as a club to retain jobs,ensure fairness to all,all whilst our neighbours are paying off staff and spending hundreds of thosands on players.

Heart of Midlothian are now in a position where we are a free dig for Doncaster,Lawell and Petrie and there pretty much nothing we can do about it.

11 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

None. 

3 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

We should protest in numbers in a location which would be inconvenient to the SPFL

Celtic training ground

Dallas Green
48 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

He’s still laughing at brain-dead Ricky Foster who had an absolute nightmare on the radio yesterday 

What was that cretin saying?

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, Dallas Green said:

What was that cretin saying?

He was defending the Aberdeen idiots and Tom made an absolute fool out of him.

5 minutes ago, henry said:

Fairly certain the JRG will be following Scottish government guidance. Leitch claims they never said Hearts were to stop training but that doesn’t mean that the wider rules mean we were to stop. I’ve no confidence in any of the authorities or the Scottish government on any of this. 

Some folk can't help themselves. 😴 

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t understand the point you are trying to make here mate so you will have to help me out

I 100% believe Jason Leitch did not know that the implications of this agreement would mean hearts and others would need to stop training. 

However it is clear, the above point aside, that the Scottish Government and Jason Leitch have accepted a proposal from the SPFL / SFA which did not involve sanctions for any of the culprits or the league

I suspect the proposed solution suited them as they will be worried about votes. 

i don’t think either of the 2 posts you quoted contradict the above or each other.

Jesus, it's no big deal. You should have said that Jason Leitch didn't know Hearts would be impacted. I was just being a smartarse.

"I believe Jason Leitch when he says he didn’t know hearts wouldn’t be impacted."

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

They the SPFL and SFA have offered the Oriam for rent to the English clubs( money in hand) The SG have said how will it work with Hearts training there so the SPFL/SFA  have prevented Hearts from training and hide it behind protocols for all lower league teams.

The SPFL and SFA have nothing to do with The Oriam.

It's owned by Heriot Watt and the council AFAIK

19 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What zoomers have been mouthing off now?

The usual suspects no doubt.

Anyone who thinks it’s a good idea to line the coffers of these fuds should be having a real rethink.  They deserve absolutely nothing from us.

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

That’s my thinking too.  

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I know it might be a bit dramatic but what keeps going through my mind is: 

So Strong
             Song by Labi Siffre

some of those lyrics really are hitting the mark 

I was more thinking "bullet in the head" 

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, Rods said:

Oriam isn't theirs to rent out.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I was more thinking "bullet in the head" 

Doncaster would look better.