Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

ToadKiller Dog

Given the change in rules is nowt to do with us as we were told we could start from Aug 3rd ,the spfl should cover our losses lets say 8m

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

France and Holland off the list from Saturday am.

It will have to be England just now then and that may not last past next week.

Imagine having to quarantine for 14 days if you pop down to Barnard Castle to check your eyesight and stay the night.

jamboinglasgow

Saw this earlier from a journalist and think it is the best summary of what happened.

We (and some non-league clubs) are being thrown under the bus to protect the Premiership (in particular Celtic and the Sky Deal) and probably to satisfy some moaning Championship chairmen.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

good post, how exactly does this “sanction” satisfy Scottish Government that the SFA have taken action? Clearly does not, the SG clearly do not want to piss of the Celtic fan base by applying true justice..

If you think this isn’t a consideration you are off your rocker.

Are you aware that when First Minister Alex Salmond played a role in helping us survive administration by contacting the Lithuanian ambassador about it? It's understandable if you're not because Ian Murray left any reference of it out of his book, but you are now.

Absolutely disgraceful stuff from the SPFL, what a ****ing joke. So Celtic and Aberdeen players break the rules and they punish us again for the 3rd time. 

:seething:

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

And there will likely be a whole spectrum of different supporters throughout their ranks. Thankfully however, the football team someone supports is not important at government policy level when dealing with a killer disease.

Government policy is inconsistent .......

Celtic player breaches rules and plays vs Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock players and staff who came in contact carry on as if nothing has happened with blessing of authorities.

Aberdeen players who go into a source of infection have to self isolate.

Hearts follow the rules and are instructed to suspend training!

Scottish Football Authorities are a joke and alas now it appears they are being aided, abetted and supported by the Government!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

indianajones

I wish for nothing more than the government to close the leagues and for the whole thing to go down the toilet. 

Hearts will be fine. Everyone else can get to **** as far as I'm concerned. 

Boys have been training hard and can easily keep intensity up at home, from the videos I've seen they look pretty lean anyway.

It's becoming obvious wee Krankie and pals have Shit the bed for whatever daft reason village idiots do.

This won't stop us or hinder our preparations for the new season, up them.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Back to the Courts we go?

Honestly, that’s what I think the club could be looking at.

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Government policy is inconsistent .......

Celtic player breaches rules and plays

vs Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock and staff who came in contact carry on as if nothing has happened with blessing of authorities.

Aberdeen players who go into a source of

infection have to self isolate.

Hearts follow the rules and are instructed to suspend training!

Scottish Football Authorities are a joke and alas now it appears they are being aided, abetted and supported by the Government!

How are you not getting this? It’s JRG policy, not ScotGov policy. That has been stated many times on here and elsewhere already. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

👍  It should be enquired about and straight to argued about.  It is in no way fair to have 3 clubs training for a scottish cup and leave 1 out.  Especially when our club already had permission to train as per the previous quotes from the SG.  It stinks of another majority rule.  1 against the many, although the statement for hearts says "some" clubs and not many clubs.  So they can go do 1! :) 

The stuff about some clubs wanting to start training is probably another lie. Which of them has given any public indication of taking their players out of furlough before this?

This stinks of clubs who want to wait until the last possible day for returning to training, and keeping their players on furlough in the meantime, trying to prevent Hearts from training too. They’ll just keep extending the pause in training until it suits them to start, thereby holding us back. It’s all self interest and deceit again, aided and abetted by Doncaster and Petrie. Hearts have to fight this blatant attempt to hurt us further. It should not be left to the SPFL when clubs can start training again. They are too dishonest, and will not be in any rule book. 
It has to come from the Scottish government.

CavySlaveJambo
53 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I just read the Hearts statement!  This particular paragraph got me slightly annoyed.

:jj_facepalm: Bunch of dithering, persistently problematic,  intensely selfish, cumbersome, profusely tin-potted, waddling :censored:

But they had the opportunity to start on the third of August as well, so we are now being punished because of other teams choices. 

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Boys have been training hard and can easily keep intensity up at home, from the videos I've seen they look pretty lean anyway.

It's becoming obvious wee Krankie and pals have Shit the bed for whatever daft reason village idiots do.

This won't stop us or hinder our preparations for the new season, up them.

Thankfully everyone and their Joogle ken’s you are a trolling wideo on here, and generally ignore 90% of your waffle. 

Your third paragraph is spot on however. Third time lucky I suppose. ;) 

magicjohnston

As if being completely done with Scottish football couldn't get any closer, they start this shit show and with the comments from leitch, saying it was an spfl decision and he was surprised that it was announced we couldn't train. And on top of that, a request to consider the implications and they publish it 20mins later.

I'm a bawhair from being completely done.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Why are you intent on trying to imply mine, and a few others are doing the club a disservice and actually supportive of the SPFL/SFA? You'd think you had an ulterior motive?

Due to the latest reports from various sources it's extremely obvious who's the latest to kick the club and fans while we're down. Definitely the SPFL/SFA, Doncaster, and Petrie, that goes without say, but it's also questionable the SG have had an input. To completely deny the SG's involvement in the decision without all the facts is borne out of a blind allegiance. To turn on fellow fans who don't share that allegiance is poor if you ask me. Not surprising though.

My allegiance lies with Hearts. **** anyone and everyone else who sticks the boot in, regardless of political belief.

It’s ok for you to imply though that the SG were involved without having the facts, even though Leitch has categorically stated it was the SPFL&SFA that decided this. Why do you think the SG would care if we train or not at a centre they helped pay for, when teams like Aberdeen/Celtic/Killie are free to do so? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

37 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Our clubs have been well and truly shafted mate. 

We have but your club has been done over yet again much more so than ours in this instance - you've gone ahead to implement elite level testing arrangements, remove furlough and present new contracts at not inconsiderable expense. Ridiculous decision. 

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t think the majority of clubs at Championship and below have any desire to play this season. 

They are just glorified social clubs. 

Ouch! & well be playing a fair few of these community hubs too! 

22 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Indeed it is anti-competitive.  We are in the scottish cup and should be allowed to keep training while the 3 other clubs also in the cup can train!  Total nonsense decision by the SPFL.  Just because some Championship clubs think it's unfair on them!  They had their chance but chose to go cheap skate instead, bunch of bums!

:)   

Some of your posters are correct, namely get your squad overseas for 2/3 weeks to some sunny training camp to GIRU them - you loot can well afford it! You never know, but by the time you return the Premiership will be closed.

I don’t think we’ll be kicking a ball next season.

There’s another thread on the go that makes perfect sense to me.

Championship/L1/L2 will be seen as too much of a risk. Got to keep the Premiership going at all costs. Can’t have some Postman who plays for Peterhead putting everything at risk.

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

How are you not getting this? It’s JRG policy, not ScotGov policy. That has been stated many times on here and elsewhere already. 

I thought the SPFL said it was agreed with

the Government. 
If I’m wrong then I apologise!

But

What does that say about the SPFL? Why are they doing this to Hearts?

My distrust of Scottish football is so complete at the moment that I can’t see this ludicrous decision being anything other than by design.

Other CH, L1, L2 clubs won’t care less...

Rangers and Celtic don’t care about anything other than each other.

The rest of the Premiership only care about securing Sky money and not going bust before crowds are allowed back in.

Therefore....who is left to make a big grand statement that the football authorities are being tough, getting a grip and really getting their house in order? Why it’s Hearts...shut them down.

If we push back then the SPFL spin the line that we are damaging Scottish football, etc. Risking everything for everyone else, etc. (We know the playbook). As a club and support we already hate the SPFL and SFA so little risk to the SPFL/SFA on that front, finally we are unable to do anything as the CoS will send it back to the SFA and we will lose and get a fine, etc, for our trouble...

Sfa stopped hearts from training because someone had to  suffer. Realistically celtic and aberdeen should suffer 3-0 losses even  when they play each other

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

But they had the opportunity to start on the third of August as well, so we are now being punished because of other teams choices. 

Yeah!  If that's true then it's not Hearts problem surely.  We had permission already.  The JRG are not finished yet either are they, another statement ~Friday I think.  I need some rest :sleepy:

Hmmm! 

Just to make it a level playing field for Hibs in the Cup game, as well as not training should we give them a 3 goal start too? 

Perhaps play without a keeper?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s ok for you to imply though that the SG were involved without having the facts, even though Leitch has categorically stated it was the SPFL&SFA that decides this. Why do you think the SG would care if we train or not at a centre they helped pay for, when teams like Aberdeen/Celtic/Killie are free to do so? 

How the fk does Leitch know?  Those SPFL morons don't answer their phones & we all know about their email system. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

This remains to be confirmed. To me, it looks like the SG assumed they were dealing with honest, straightforward  people. They must now know they’ve been played like a fiddle. 
This is why I think Hearts should contact the SG directly and ask them if they can, legally, continue training. There won’t be any rules in the SPFL articles that allow them to stop a club from training, unless the government forbids it.

We must leave no hiding place for the SG or Petrie’s JRG.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

There’s your first mistake. 😄

Yeah it’s all great it’s a Covid crisis and Hearts have to take their medicine - just get real ....... please!

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

This remains to be confirmed. To me, it looks like the SG assumed they were dealing with honest, straightforward  people. They must now know they’ve been played like a fiddle. 
This is why I think Hearts should contact the SG directly and ask them if they can, legally, continue training. There won’t be any rules in the SPFL articles that allow them to stop a club from training, unless the government forbids it.

That’s a great suggestion and I applaud you for making it, well done!

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Here speaks a man who is more interested in what’s best for Hearts, rather than derailing it on to a political debate to let the SPFL/SFA off the hook.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yeah it’s all great it’s a Covid crisis and Hearts have to take their medicine - just get real ....... please!

Pardon? 

10 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Honestly, that’s what I think the club could be looking at.

Th SPFL/SFA have clearly implicated the SG in this decision which appears to be refuted by Leitch. 

Game on!

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Championship/L1/L2 will be seen as too much of a risk. Got to keep the Premiership going at all costs. Can’t have some Postman who plays for Peterhead putting everything at risk.

I think this is a very likely scenario. We've known it form the start which is why we went to court and asked for so much compensation, while parts of the media and many fans of other clubs were acting like it was just a normal "relegation" we were crying about. I think we might find a way to go to court again if it turns out that way.

"Got to keep the Premiership going at all costs."

True but ironic considering how quickly they moved to abandon last season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, The Roller said:

That means the sc and lc are done as well. 

Part time football is more at risk tho, I agree. 

Should have went with two leagues, those that were able to play and those that weren't. 

It's becoming more and more obvious that the route we taken was incorrect. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I assume the Celtic rep at the initial meeting after the Aberdeen fiasco didn't bother mentioning the Boli thing despite them already investigating it internally at that time.

4 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

How the fk does Leitch know?  Those SPFL morons don't answer their phones & we all know about their email system. 

Leitch demanded they make safeguards after being issued a yellow card for the Aberdeen and Celtic shitstorms. The JRG’s answer was to punish Hearts.

18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

And there will likely be a whole spectrum of different supporters throughout their ranks. Thankfully however, the football team someone supports is not important at government policy level when dealing with a killer disease.

Hi Beastie Boy, what's with the green face ? - green is not welcome here !

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think this is a very likely scenario. We've known it form the start which is why we went to court and asked for so much compensation, while parts of the media and many fans of other clubs were acting like it was just a normal "relegation" we were crying about. I think we might find a way to go to court again if it turns out that way.

They can't demote us and then block our route back. We should take them to CoS, to CAS, to UEFA, FIFA everything under the sun and ultimately resign from the league and play elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Thankfully everyone and their Joogle ken’s you are a trolling wideo on here, and generally ignore 90% of your waffle. 

Your third paragraph is spot on however. Third time lucky I suppose. ;) 

90% waffle but 30% spot on. 

See now why you've only progressed to pushing a broom around at the Yooni.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hmmm! 

Just to make it a level playing field for Hibs in the Cup game, as well as not training should we give them a 3 goal start too? 

Perhaps play without a keeper?

we did that last season !

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

They can't demote us and then block our route back. We should take them to CoS, to CAS, to UEFA, FIFA everything under the sun and ultimately resign from the league and play elsewhere. 

Honestly if this wasn't happening, I'd be worried about the Prem ending early and because the Champ had barely played they'd abandon promotion and relegation for this season. I think that was behind our big compensation claim. It's very likely to me we're down until things return to normal which could be another year or more. It's why reconstruction should have happened.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Th SPFL/SFA have clearly implicated the SG in this decision which appears to be refuted by Leitch. 

Game on!

I’m starting to think (mixed with some hope) that the Scottish footballing authorities may have ****ed themselves. They can be as stupid and corrupt as they want when they’re only ****ing off clubs and supporters, but ****ing off the government - and trying to blame the government for their own idiotic actions - might just be a bridge too far. Sturgeon clearly doesn’t have a lot of time for them. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Honestly if this wasn't happening, I'd be worried about the Prem ending early and because the Champ had barely played they'd abandon promotion and relegation for this season.

That has court case written all over it. Disgraceful stuff if it happens. 

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I assume the Celtic rep at the initial meeting after the Aberdeen fiasco didn't bother mentioning the Boli thing despite them already investigating it internally at that time.

That’s another saga that stinks. He goes to Spain for a day trip and didn’t tell anybody? Ok then.

Who needs Dominic Cummings for implausible excuses?

Geoff Kilpatrick

As an aside, I hope Budge has told the players about the need to be squeaky clean. Any hint of impropriety by our players and these feckers will jump on us.

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Genuine question, as much as I’d love to witness the demise of many clubs in Scotland and see the SPFL/SFA ripped apart - how is us forfeiting the Scottish cup tie going to affect anyone but us? 

Spot on just ask for the semi to be put back 14 days simple and "fairest way"

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Zico said:

I’m starting to think (mixed with some hope) that the Scottish footballing authorities may have ****ed themselves. They can be as stupid and corrupt as they want when they’re only ****ing off clubs and supporters, but ****ing off the government - and trying to blame the government for their own idiotic actions - might just be a bridge too far. Sturgeon clearly doesn’t have a lot of time for them. 

It's because, as you can tell from the tone of every statement they come out with (who does their PR by the way?), the SFA and SPFL spend more time trying to play down their own mistakes and distract people when they should simply be apologising. They have zero empathy - almost to sociopath levels. In several statements they've completely failed to even mention, let alone express sympathy for, member clubs affected by their decision through no fault of their own. They did it after the initial resolution, then after the arbitration results and now after announcing a stop to training. Zero mention of how this will cost us lots of money through no fault of our own.

Petrie, Doncaster and McLennan have been coming across as sociopaths. Or whoever is advising them and coming up with their statements is.