Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

And if the mods think that politics isn't driving decisions that should be discussed on here then there's clearly no point in debating the debacle that's engulfed our game!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** them I hope they go bust 

What have Berwick Rangers done? 

1 minute ago, jambo191 said:

What a ****ing farce.

I’m livid.

Can we take this to court?

Nobody in Scottish football can take anybody else in Scottish football to court, well they can but the court will send it back to the SFA arbitration panel.

Rick Sanchez

The only way this is ever going away now is if there's a root and branch clear out of the SPFL/SFA.

I want us back in training or out of the cup along with a vote of no confidence.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I really hope all this is a ****ing wake up call to Budge, I really do.

In what way? She is already fully aware of what the SFA and SPFL are like. 

Hearts are already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility they would be up there.

"My understanding is they won't have to stop training."

Leitch was then told that Hearts have indeed been told they must halt all training with immediate effect.

When asked if that was a government instruction he responded: "No.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

What have Berwick Rangers done? 

Did you miss them voting to demote us and against reconstruction?

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

And if the mods think that politics isn't driving decisions that should be discussed on here then there's clearly no point in debating the debacle that's engulfed our game!

Oh it’s political alright, just not national governmental politics. That’s the whole point. The politics involved in this decision are those of a football nature, and you and one or two others are doing Hearts a disservice by allowing the issue to be sidetracked.

5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FFS, Berwick Rangers have started training,

what are these tinpot clubs playing at?

Others have mentioned it before.

But what's to stop Hearts going on a "team building" break south of the border for a few weeks.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That utter bore has to somehow point a finger of blame at Budge no mater what. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nobody in Scottish football can take anybody else in Scottish football to court, well they can but the court will send it back to the SFA arbitration panel.

yep. Like Groundhog Day.  Like a dictatorship in a country like Zimbabwe. 

2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Hearts are already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility they would be up there.

"My understanding is they won't have to stop training."

Leitch was then told that Hearts have indeed been told they must halt all training with immediate effect.

When asked if that was a government instruction he responded: "No.

Sadly some are ignoring this because to them it is more important to turn this in to a political point scoring exercise instead.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In the way that if we prioritised winning over everything else up to this point we would not be in this situation. It is done and dusted now but she simply must start to understand the true nature of this game. 1. The fans (all fans and not just the ones she wants) and 2. Winning.

EVERTHING else is secondary.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Sadly some are ignoring this because to them it is more important to turn this in to a political point scoring exercise instead.

That includes Chris McLaughlin of the BBC 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshankforscotland said:

Good statement from the Club. I really hope we follow that up in a big way. Even with a sensitive subject like Covid we should make a formal protest to the SPFL and SFA. WE should ask them to formally reply to all the points raised in the statement. We should request that if the decision stands that they meet the extra expense we incurred caused by that decision. We must ask for them to explain to us how the Premier teams are allowed to gain from unfair advantage in the cup competitions to be played in October. We need to go for this as strongly as possible.

Unfortunately I think that we can make all the protests that we like but everything will be knocked back and they will get away with it because we are on our own and everybody else will just laugh, as we will be seen as being forced to take our medicine at last. I'm afraid that I'm now of the opinion that we can't beat this. We flung the kitchen sink at it and still got screwed over and it's not finished yet.

1 minute ago, Tott said:

But what's to stop Hearts going on a "team building" break south of the border for a few weeks.

take the months FOH and go abroad ? We clearly aren’t bound by SPL rules so go abroad on us and have 2-3 weeks in the sun and contact train ?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Oh it’s political alright, just not national governmental politics. That’s the whole point. The politics involved in this decision are those of a football nature, and you and one or two others are doing Hearts a disservice by allowing the issue to be sidetracked.

Don't be so naive. Of course the SG are involved just not in the way the SPFL and their BBC apologists are trying to portray them. 

3 minutes ago, Tott said:

😆 the Hearts might be going to England .... imagine if they are invited to stay??

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

take the months FOH and go abroad ? We clearly aren’t bound by SPL rules so go abroad on us and have 2-3 weeks in the sun and contact train ?

Its scorchio in south east england,send them on a jolly boys outing to margate....much cheaper

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't be so naive. Of course the SG are involved just not in the way the SPFL and their BBC apologists are trying to portray them. 

Of course they are involved. I’m far from naive, it’d take someone with no head to not realise that. Leitch has stated the SG’s position quite clearly. The topic however is Hearts being told to stop training. That is down to the JRG. 

Edited by Beast Boy

My suspicion is that if Nicola gets a lot of questions about this at her daily briefing then she'll have a quiet word with Doncaster to get it sorted.

The Government try to avoid football team politics and won't like getting drawn into by an organisation trying to shirk responsibility.

I doubt we'll be playing at all this season - Champ/L1/L2 are collectively an irrelevance to those chosen "to represent the members". 

Decision to shut down your training is both unbelievable and completely anti-competitive. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That includes Chris McLaughlin of the BBC 

You expect it from wee scumbag ****s like him. Hearts supporters though? ****ing hell. 

2 minutes ago, Tott said:

Its scorchio in south east england,send them on a jolly boys outing to margate....much cheaper

£151,000 and have a couple of weeks in 5* luxury. All for the seethe . Would love it

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you miss them voting to demote us and against reconstruction?

Their a non league team, therefore, didn’t have vote!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Did they? 

No. I’m annoyed and lashing out. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

My suspicion is that if Nicola gets a lot of questions about this at her daily briefing then she'll have a quiet word with Doncaster to get it sorted.

The Government try to avoid football team politics and won't like getting drawn into by an organisation trying to shirk responsibility.

who’s going to question her though? That roaster Chris McLaughin ?  My mother would be closer to asking him the right questions and she knows fek all about football 

It’s looking more and more likely that the premier league will shut down and the lower leagues won’t even start.  

I dont think we should be signing anyone at the moment because I’m not confident we’ll get to play a game this year.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Their a non league team, therefore, didn’t have vote!

Omg I’m all over the place with rage 🤬🙈

I just read the Hearts statement!  This particular paragraph got me slightly annoyed.

When questioned in what way this was “the fairest way forward”, we were advised that some other clubs now wanted to return to training and it was deemed that by preventing them from doing so, without halting our training, would give us an unfair advantage.

:jj_facepalm: Bunch of dithering, persistently problematic,  intensely selfish, cumbersome, profusely tin-potted, waddling :censored:

1 minute ago, hunts said:

It’s looking more and more likely that the premier league will shut down and the lower leagues won’t even start.  

I dont think we should be signing anyone at the moment because I’m not confident we’ll get to play a game this year.

My thoughts......

Cruickshankforscotland
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Unfortunately I think that we can make all the protests that we like but everything will be knocked back and they will get away with it because we are on our own and everybody else will just laugh, as we will be seen as being forced to take our medicine at last. I'm afraid that I'm now of the opinion that we can't beat this. We flung the kitchen sink at it and still got screwed over and it's not finished yet.

My thinking is that we must take them on, even knowing we have do it on our own. Make all our protests and communications public and force them in to responding or being seen to refuse to respond. No point in playing by their conventions. Defend our corner by protesting vehemently, whilst acting within the rules.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aye they were all going to start training tomorrow - RIGHT THEN 😂😂 lying *******s.

Only working my way through this, but I had the same sentiments.Sure, it's normal to return to training on a Friday & take your players off furlough when you have no income hitting your club's Bank A/C!!

SPFL/SFA are corrupt to the core. They are not even trying to hide it.

Wonder if any of the media will have the guts to raise the issue at tomorrow's SG Briefing? On second thoughts, what a fool I am thinking this could actually happen. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yes 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes 

Nah, they didn't. In fact their manager wanted Kelty promoted 

By the way, that bit where we asked for time to consider the ramifications of this and they went ahead and published the statement anyway tells me everything I need to know about these people. 

They are bullies and need sorted. 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Voxpop said:

I suspect we will see football violence at the cup semi if we play it.

Doubt it. There will be no one there

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Voxpop said:

I suspect we will see football violence at the cup semi if we play it.

Doubt if ant fans will be allowed thankfully.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

Nah, they didn't. In fact their manager wanted Kelty promoted 

I edited it. I didn’t even know, or care, what league they’re in 

25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

referees will be under strict instructions don’t kid yourself mate

Fair point, we'll probably have to score 1 more goal than them to get a draw.

8 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

I doubt we'll be playing at all this season - Champ/L1/L2 are collectively an irrelevance to those chosen "to represent the members". 

Decision to shut down your training is both unbelievable and completely anti-competitive. 

I don’t think the majority of clubs at Championship and below have any desire to play this season. 

They are just glorified social clubs.